Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I hope Calamity Ganon is drunk all the time and we fight him when he's so hammered he can't even walk properly.

Now I'm imagining the lead up to Ganon's Tower and Ganondorf being completely smashed unable to stand up without leaning on something and he stumbles to his pipe organ and instead of Ganon's theme he starts playing a mistimed crappy version of The Entertainer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

MokBa posted:

My guess is you use those flowers to brew a strong drink and then share some with Ganon. Your gesture of kindness will calm him and the kingdom will be at peace without the use of violence.

And then you will have to face the four divine demons of Ganon's alcoholism.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think the flower is going to be picked and then you stick it down his rod.

BowieFett
Oct 21, 2008

Collect all 100 flowers hidden throughout Hyrule to get the Adult Wallet so you can carry 200 rupees.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Hoping for Bombchu bowling in this game

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MokBa posted:

My guess is you use those flowers to brew a strong drink and then share some with Ganon. Your gesture of kindness will calm him and the kingdom will be at peace without the use of violence.

This is how the game starts. You share a drink, then a couple more, next thing you know you're waking up in a pod a century later and have no recollection of how you got there or what the gently caress you did last night subjectively.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This is how the game starts. You share a drink, then a couple more, next thing you know you're waking up in a pod a century later and have no recollection of how you got there or what the gently caress you did last night subjectively.

It's a Hangover situation, but with Link and upstanding citizen Ganon as buddies celebrating Ganon's wedding, and when Ganon wakes up, he finds he's caused the apocalypse and just rolls with it until his best pal wakes up 100 years later.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/819773815823601667

This will be me when I'm playing the Zelda.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Link must help Ganon complete the Twelve Steps.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

tsob posted:

The European cover art is annoying too, though mostly because Link is looking back over his shoulder in a rather cheesy way.
At least he's not trying to ride out of the shot like he is on the European OoT3D cover.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's a Hangover situation, but with Link and upstanding citizen Ganon as buddies celebrating Ganon's wedding, and when Ganon wakes up, he finds he's caused the apocalypse and just rolls with it until his best pal wakes up 100 years later.

"Save my daughter....'s fiance from his habits!" The King is just looking out for his future son-in-law.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really hope they've fixed the colors in the Wii U version since the E3 demo--they look so much nicer in the Switch version and washed out colors ruining a beautiful game is just the kind of thing to make me prematurely buy a Switch.

Augus posted:

I'm sensing a fair bit of Princess Mononoke influence there (and also with the overall aesthetic of the game)

I'm getting a big Mononoke meets Nausicaa vibe from the game in general and I love it. Everything about BotW's setting and aesthetics is perfect for me.

Also I have to admit I'm pleasantly surprised I haven't seen any diehard Zelda uber-nerd angry that Link's default outfit isn't his classic green. I'm digging the new blue look (though I know I'll be replacing it with all sorts of cold weather gear and armor throughout the game).

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Harrow posted:

I really hope they've fixed the colors in the Wii U version since the E3 demo--they look so much nicer in the Switch version and washed out colors ruining a beautiful game is just the kind of thing to make me prematurely buy a Switch.

I'm getting a big Mononoke meets Nausicaa vibe from the game in general and I love it. Everything about BotW's setting and aesthetics is perfect for me.

Also I have to admit I'm pleasantly surprised I haven't seen any diehard Zelda uber-nerd angry that Link's default outfit isn't his classic green. I'm digging the new blue look (though I know I'll be replacing it with all sorts of cold weather gear and armor throughout the game).

I'm sure he will get into his classic garb at some point in the game, though. Nothing wrong with changing a few outfits on the way.

Though I'm still irrationally mad at him being right handed.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

I'm sure he will get into his classic garb at some point in the game, though. Nothing wrong with changing a few outfits on the way.

Though I'm still irrationally mad at him being right handed.

Yeah, not too sure why he's right-handed this time. I understand why they had to do that for Skyward Sword, but when you're controlling link with a normal controller, there's no reason he has to be right-handed. (I still don't really know why they had to mirror the Wii version of Twilight Princess--it's not like the sword swings were one-to-one there, you just flick the wiimote to swing, it's practically a replacement for a button press and didn't really require Link's sword arm to be on the same side of the player's body as the wiimote is. :shrug:)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Harrow posted:

Yeah, not too sure why he's right-handed this time. I understand why they had to do that for Skyward Sword, but when you're controlling link with a normal controller, there's no reason he has to be right-handed. (I still don't really know why they had to mirror the Wii version of Twilight Princess--it's not like the sword swings were one-to-one there, you just flick the wiimote to swing, it's practically a replacement for a button press and didn't really require Link's sword arm to be on the same side of the player's body as the wiimote is. :shrug:)

I guess they wanted it to match up because people thought it was 1:1. In order for Link to be right handed, they had to mirror all the dungeons to account for items being used from the other side.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Harrow posted:

I'm sure they wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of mirroring the entire game unless they tested it and it was weird for right handed people.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I guess they wanted it to match up because people thought it was 1:1. In order for Link to be right handed, they had to mirror all the dungeons to account for items being used from the other side.

Yeah, it makes sense they'd have to mirror the whole thing if they made Link right handed.

Mahoning posted:

I'm sure they wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of mirroring the entire game unless they tested it and it was weird for right handed people.

I guess that's true. I wouldn't really know without having a chance to try it unmirrored with the wiimote and that's not going to happen, so I guess I'll have to assume that it's really weird.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I assumed you could equip individual hands and a lot of wrong-handed people just did it that way.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I'm thinking of selling my New Nintendo 3DS XL Hyrule Edition to have money to go towards the Switch. Are these rare enough that I should make some decent cash back?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
BotW is like Zelda that feels like Dark Souls or Dark Souls that feels like Zelda.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Harrow posted:

Considering the right-handed Link and the sword-swinging animations being similar to Skyward Sword's, maybe there was a point in time where they were going to use motion controls for the game, and these are leftovers from that phase of development?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I just remembered that you can equip skeleton hands and beat up skeletons with them

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe he's just right handed so you can play as a normal person and not some freak.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I hope there's hero mode out the gate.

Well u guess we dont know the changes in this game. I want no hearts popping out of rocks. Potions to matter. Fights to be significant.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope instead of hero mode there's a second quest that changes the locations/prizes of the shrines. I doubt it though

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Bombadilillo posted:

Well u guess we dont know the changes in this game. I want no hearts popping out of rocks. Potions to matter. Fights to be significant.

Considering it seems like everything but the basic Bokoblin kills you in one hit, I don't think you need to worry about it being challenging.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe there was extra room on the cart so they made a whole extra game like the first Zelda.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bombadilillo posted:

The treehouse guys got one-hitted by a guardian at full (4) hearts. It certainly looks like some fights matter at any rate.

Also, I think no hearts, just meat/mushrooms and cooking?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There have been several enemies over the years that can do four hearts worth of damage.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Phimosissy posted:

The treehouse guys got one-hitted by a guardian at full (4) hearts. It certainly looks like some fights matter at any rate.

I'm pretty sure there was an interview indicating it's that way, there could be some other healing resources in the game like healing springs or faeries but the days of recovering health via basic landscaping are gone, now it's much more advanced landscaping!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Phimosissy posted:

There's also an armor stat, so I'm sure that damage can be reduced significantly.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Finding hearts in rocks or grass isn't in this game. It's all potions potions and food.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Chef

Starring Goron Ramsay

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Second quest should let you play as Zelda. I'm just getting way too teased by her outfit that is nearly identical to Link's.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm pretty sure there was an interview indicating it's that way, there could be some other healing resources in the game like healing springs or faeries but the days of recovering health via basic landscaping are gone, now it's much more advanced landscaping!

With the game design bottles&fairies aren't nearly as necessary as they used to be when you can just munch down all the food you need to max out your hearts during the pause menu. I get the feeling that tons of the "expected" features of the franchise are being replaced or changed up to have completely different functions. Do we even know if magic is a feature in the game? It looks like the emphasis is on the liquid blue Sheikah Tech for all magic-like abilities but all that's been revealed are the various bomb runes, stasis, magnetic, and ice block runes. There have to be at least 6-7 more especially given that there are 100+ shrine mini-dungeons and I'd expect the puzzles for each to have enough variety that at least a dozen variations are present.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cojawfee posted:

There have been several enemies over the years that can do four hearts worth of damage.

The only one I can think of is Ganon in LTTP, touching him would do 8 hearts of damage but I can't think of anything else unless it was Hero mode. Were Iron Knuckles in OoT/MM 4 hearts?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Iron Knuckles were what I thought of when I said it. I think a couple bosses in Skyward Sword do a few hearts worth of damage.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

pentyne posted:

With the game design bottles&fairies aren't nearly as necessary as they used to be when you can just munch down all the food you need to max out your hearts during the pause menu. I get the feeling that tons of the "expected" features of the franchise are being replaced or changed up to have completely different functions. Do we even know if magic is a feature in the game? It looks like the emphasis is on the liquid blue Sheikah Tech for all magic-like abilities but all that's been revealed are the various bomb runes, stasis, magnetic, and ice block runes. There have to be at least 6-7 more especially given that there are 100+ shrine mini-dungeons and I'd expect the puzzles for each to have enough variety that at least a dozen variations are present.

Magic Meter has been replaced by battery meter on your Sheikah Tablet and you have to scour Hyrule for power outlets. If you collect 50 Sheikah charging adapters you can upgrade to a 6 ft charging cable.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think what stands out more is that you run into things like that so early on in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

I think what stands out more is that you run into things like that so early on in the game

Did the developers actually make a reference to Dark Souls and the changing standards of video games or was that my imagination? I feel like someone from Nintendo talked about making Zelda more like those kinds of changes while also referencing the recent great open world games as a explanation for changing up the Zelda formula so much.