Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

This is like complaining that our Murray doesn't win enough Grand Slams. When all the european tennis players are doping, it's hard to win even if you're the best

It isn't even remotely comparable. Murray is a certifiably British piece of poo poo that can't compete because he is loving useless, despite whatever loving bullshit the BBC insists with their dipshit hand-wringing. UK car companies may be foreign owned, but design and construction remains in the UK and they look a loving sight better than anything that has come out of Germany in the past 10 years. BMW, Mercedes, Audi-Volks-Borghini-Skoda-Porsche-whatever-the-gently caress-else all look like overworked LED christmas trees. It's depressing that people buy six figure Lambos when they take all their design cues from some 2 litre diesel shitbox PCP catnip VW Golf.

I mean, I get that Aston Martin have been designing each new model with tracing paper for the last decade, but at least it still looks good. At least the Jag XFR looks drat good and characterful, even if it doesn't beat an E43 Merc or M5 BMW in a straight line.

But whatever, everybody's entitled to their opinion and I'm as full of poo poo as the next toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Theophany posted:

Murray is a certifiably British piece of poo poo that can't compete because he is loving useless, despite whatever loving bullshit the BBC insists with their dipshit hand-wringing.

He's won three majors in an era containing three of the greats of his sport. That's a bit less useless than, say, someone winning three titles using superior equipment (and still managing to come second in a one horse race)

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

HJB posted:

He's won three majors in an era containing three of the greats of his sport. That's a bit less useless than, say, someone winning three titles using superior equipment (and still managing to come second in a one horse race)

Three of those greats had injury issues ranging from "I can hardly play" to "I probably should have sat the last 3 opens of the season out".

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sir Stirling Moss is in hospital in a critical condition.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Speaking of not winning in superior machinery!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sir Stirling Moss' condition has improved and he's no longer critical - he has pneumonia

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

learnincurve posted:

Sir Stirling Moss' condition has improved and he's no longer critical - he has pneumonia

Thank god he (and Chuck Yeager) escaped 2016.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

It isn't even remotely comparable. Murray is a certifiably British piece of poo poo that can't compete because he is loving useless, despite whatever loving bullshit the BBC insists with their dipshit hand-wringing. UK car companies may be foreign owned, but design and construction remains in the UK and they look a loving sight better than anything that has come out of Germany in the past 10 years. BMW, Mercedes, Audi-Volks-Borghini-Skoda-Porsche-whatever-the-gently caress-else all look like overworked LED christmas trees. It's depressing that people buy six figure Lambos when they take all their design cues from some 2 litre diesel shitbox PCP catnip VW Golf.

I mean, I get that Aston Martin have been designing each new model with tracing paper for the last decade, but at least it still looks good. At least the Jag XFR looks drat good and characterful, even if it doesn't beat an E43 Merc or M5 BMW in a straight line.

But whatever, everybody's entitled to their opinion and I'm as full of poo poo as the next toilet.

Jeez dude, tell us how you really feel

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The issue with British cars was almost never how they looked, it was more that they could've been built and assembled by Helen Keller and have better build quality.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Schlesische posted:

Three of those greats had injury issues ranging from "I can hardly play" to "I probably should have sat the last 3 opens of the season out".

Also "the nation of Spain suddenly got worse at sports all at the same time, this definitely isn't because a nationally endorsed doping program shut down"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

The issue with British cars was almost never how they looked, it was more that they could've been built and assembled by Helen Keller and have better build quality.
She knew how to use her hands adeptly, in contrast to the average Brit

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

Jeez dude, tell us how you really feel

Sad and lonely?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Notre Jacques says you F1 fans ruined F1. Way to go.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-went-wrong-when-it-started-listening-to-fans-villeneuve-865675/

Notre Jacques posted:

F1 "went wrong" when it started listening to fans

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Villeneuve is bitter because he might have gotten a second career overtake with DRS.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I agree with some of this sadly.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He was terrible at actually racing but I end up agreeing with a lot of Are Jacques views on the sport.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Wow... many people are saying that Bottas is getting the Mercedes seat as reward for his part in his manager Toto Wolff's conspiracy to steal the WDC from Lewis. I can't say if that's true but after seeing this video maybe the FIA should investigate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFG0KEsscOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/circuitamericas/status/819633070559137792

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jacques' opinions are as good as he was bad at driving.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jacques is right!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

1500quidporsche posted:

Although designing a mass market car that was more aerodynamic in reverse than forwards was something of a high point.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

Jacques' opinions are as good as he was bad at driving.

Agreed, his opinions aren't good at all!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The Reliant Robin went faster on it's side.

Sheffield in the 80s was littered with the them. Bikers used to buy them as a winter drive and then would end up walking anyway as the silly things couln't make it up the hills in bad weather.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

To be fair, what's more british than going completely to pieces the second a snow flake falls.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dudley posted:

To be fair, what's more british than going completely to pieces the second a snow flake falls.

Being the snowflake?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Gutierrez has a 2017 drive!

(In formula E)

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Massa confirmed back at Williams, Bottas to Mercedes a mere formality.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If Massa beats Stroll that's going to be loving great.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Stoll beating Massa would be fairly shocking imo

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Bottas released from Williams to go drive for Mercedes: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127757/bottas-to-mercedes-massa-returns-to-williams

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Took them long enough to make it official.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
News at 10: The formula 1 world is shocked and amazed as Red Bull's fancy new suspension is banned due to whining from Ferrari.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

It'll be great when Stroll beats Massa 9 out of 10 races; now that the drivers are finally officially announced.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wehrlein to Sauber.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

learnincurve posted:

News at 10: The formula 1 world is shocked and amazed as Red Bull's fancy new suspension is banned due to whining from Ferrari.

I mean it wouldn't be F1 without Ferrari throwing a tantrum about technology they were to slow and stupid to implement themselves.

“Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines.”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asE7AA5_JdM

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Ferrari does not belong in F1

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ferrari are good lads keeping the cheats from Austria honest when none of the poo poo British teams had the spine to do it themselves.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah if there's one thing the Italians are good at it's keeping the Germans in line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Ferrari does not belong in F1

Get them back to Sports car racing :getin:

• Locked thread