Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pick posted:

She should keep it somewhere warm and protected

the MRAs tried to warn me about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Pick posted:

Sever, tell boyfriend he is a wiener, continue to use amazing reddit handle "throwtarantula"
Agreed on all points. Boyfriend needs to grow some testicles.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i don't have any sex tapes with my exes but I do have some old nudes and I'll be damned if I'm getting rid of them

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Any good r/relationships posts about weed for thread page 420?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mirthless posted:

There's a difference between accepting that your partner has had sexual experiences before you, and seeing your partner have those sexual experiences

Esp. if those sexual experiences are clearly better than the ones they're having with you, like in the case of that lady whose husband found her sex tape. How is he ever supposed to move past that? The thing with past-partners insecurity is that it's completely unreal, the insecurities are based off of imagined scenarios and notions of inadequacy. Show them an old sex tape and it's not imaginary anymore. In the case of that lady's husband, he had a pretty drat good reason to be insecure after that.

Just get rid of the sex tapes. There's no reason to keep them.

Please explain to me how I'm going to jerk off to my old sex tapes after I delete all my old sex tapes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Batterypowered7 posted:

Any good r/relationships posts about weed for thread page 420?

quote:

My best friend's (32f) husband died two months ago. Now she's being kicked out of her home. She needs a place to stay but she wants to bring the abused girlfriend of a meth head and her aggressive dog. My husband (29m) and I (31f) want to help but are hesitant.Non-Romantic
submitted 8 months ago * by TalesFromTheDramaFar

This is a complicated situation with several people involved so I'll try to make this as clear and concise as possible. Let me start by introducing the cast of characters.

Kristy (32) - My best friend of 7 years. Kristy is incredibly intelligent but also very needy and occasionally manipulative. However, I know her better than anybody else and I can see through her bullshit without a problem. Despite her flaws I trust her completely. Her husband died suddenly in February.

Peter (29m) - My husband. We got married about six weeks ago. He's the nicest, most loyal and loving man I know. He hates confrontation and is always very concerned with other people's feelings but he also values his privacy and a calm living environment. He has a drug record (possession of marijuana) so he is eager to avoid all drugs and any drama that could potentially involve the cops.

Renee (31f) - I met Renee shortly after I met Kristy. She was always extremely flaky and cannot be counted on to follow through with anything. But she's very funny, very personable, and very straightforward. Until I learned that she is abusive and a meth head she was one of my favorite people.

Jess (28-32?f) - Jess is Renee's girlfriend. She's a recovering addict and has a six-year-old daughter named Ariel. I honestly don't know her well at all but she seems very nice and eager to help out around Kristy's house.
Bert (4m) - Bert is Kristy's new dog, a mastiff/boxer mix. She adopted him shortly after her husband died. He is as sweet as can be, loves cuddles, and has been great at helping Kristy cope with her grief. But he has aggressive tendencies towards other male dogs.
The situation:
Kristy's husband died suddenly less than three months ago. Kristy hated living alone in her house so she invited Renee, Jess, and Ariel to come stay with her. They had just had their house foreclosed on so they needed a place to stay. Kristy has been letting them stay with her rent-free and in exchange they cook, clean, and run errands for Kristy. Kristy thinks they have stolen from her a little bit (taking coins, abusing Kristy's debit card, things like that).

At the beginning of April Kristy's in-laws (who own the house she and her husband lived in together) informed her that they are selling the house. She needs to move out before May 1st. Kristy isn't ready to live alone so she invited Renee, Jess, and Ariel to come along wherever she moves to.

Earlier this week it came to light that Renee has been emotionally and verbal abusing Jess, often in front of Ariel. We also learned that Renee has been doing meth. After learning these things Kristy promptly kicked Renee out.
Then Kristy got denied for all the houses she applied to rent. It turns out that there was something on her credit (and my credit too) from when we lived together in an apartment. There was some damage after we left and now Kristy can't rent a house because of this. She told me that she would pay off the entire amount in exchange for a place to stay from May-June since she has to be out of her current house by May 1st but can't afford to pay off this credit problem and pay a deposit on a new place in the same month. This sounded like a good deal to me so, after running it by Peter, I told her that she, Jess, Ariel, and Bert can stay with us for the month of June.

Yesterday Kristy texted me to tell me that, despite explicitly kicking Renee out, Jess snuck her back in and hid her in Kristy's house overnight. After hearing this I am rethinking my offer to let Jess and Ariel stay here. My husband is becoming less keen on the idea every day. I feel absolutely awful for Jess and poor Ariel is a sweet girl caught in a giant mess that she just doesn't deserve. I want to help them. But the idea of Jess sneaking drug addicted, abusive, thieving Renee into my home without my knowing makes me extremely nervous. My husband collects coins and while they look just like ordinary coins, many of them are quite valuable and it has taken years for him to build his collection. If they were stolen he'd be devastated. Not to mention, we'd lose about $300-$500 worth of coins.

I'm on the verge of telling Kristy that she is welcome to stay here but that we cannot have Jess and Ariel stay due to all the drama. Peter is worried we'll wake up in the middle of the night to a strung out Renee banging on our door (she's been to our house several times so it's not like we can opt not to tell her where we live).

I want to help Kristy and I don't wasn't to deprive her of her housemates. I also hate the idea of Jess and Ariel being homeless. I don't know what to do.

Then there's the issue of Bert. I love this dog. I helped Kristy pick him out and he's perfect for her. When she adopted him they told us that he can "sometimes have a problem with other male dogs." A few weeks ago Bert bolted out of Kristy's front door and had an altercation with another dog. Apparently Bert didn't instigate it but the other dog now has two broken legs and Bert doesn't have a scratch on him. My husband and I have two incredibly sweet, friendly male dogs. Having Bert here will be difficult. My husband and I will insist on Bert and our dogs being separated at all times. Bert also has separation anxiety and once ate a giant hole in one of Kristy's walls when he was left alone so my husband and I will also insist that Bert be kept in a crate when no one is home. Kristy doesn't own a crate. Obviously one can be purchased but they aren't cheap, especially for a dog Bert's size.

Please give me any advice on this situation. I desperately want to help my friend but I need to keep my home, my things, and my dogs safe. What's the best option here?

TL;DR - My best friend needs a place to stay and she can stay with me and my husband but she wants to bring the abused girlfriend of a meth head and her aggressive dog.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I think this page should be weed themed because lol 420 420 420 420 420 420 402 402 420 4 20 lol

quote:

My [26F] boyfriend [23M] chose weed over food. How do I even respond to this?

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year. We have some problems, but I love him and he treats me well.
I smoke too but only occasionally. I have no problem with him being an everyday smoker. Until now.
He has been having a lot of financial problems lately that aren't his fault. But it's taken a toll to where most of his spending money is gone. He has been complaining about being so hungry that he is suffering from hunger pains. He said he is getting by by eating food in the break room at work. Things like stale birthday cake and crackers. He said that's literally all he eats.
It hurts me to see him hurt. So I insisted that I buy him food. I'm broke too but bought him eggs, butter, and sandwich stuff. It was cheap.

We get back to his place and I'm putting the groceries away when he gets a text.
"Nice my dealer came through. I'm getting two grams tonight".
2 grams = $40 of his weed. I ask where he got the money and he said he had 40 saved that he couldn't spend on food cause he was saving it for weed.
I get pissed. This is juvenile, but I grabbed all the food I bought and left and told him to gently caress off.

My boyfriend is 5'9 and 118 pounds. He had been complaining his hunger pains felt like getting stabbed. But he chose to spend his last bit of money on weed instead of food. I felt so stupid that I helped him.
He thinks I'm just mad about the money. I don't care about the money. I care that I'm dating a guy who made a decision like that.
Then he offered to quit smoking completely. That's not i want. I don't want to be the vindictive crone of a girlfriend who ruins his good time. I just want him to practice moderation.
Am I wrong to let this bother me?
How do I put into words without hurting his feelings that at his weight, he needs to eat more than crap?
TL;DR Boyfriend chose weed over food. How do I talk to him about it?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I'd never ask my girlfriend to put her pets in danger because I'm scared of them but jesus christ I'd rather live in a house with free range snakes than caged tarantulas.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

i don't have any sex tapes with my exes but I do have some old nudes and I'll be damned if I'm getting rid of them

I've had both but out of respect for their privacy I delete them when the relationship ends, I thought this was pretty normal. It's not like i've scrubbed all social media of my ex's I just get rid of stuff I feel like I shouldn't have when I'm not currently dating them.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I think this page should be weed themed because lol 420 420 420 420 420 420 402 402 420 4 20 lol

He's an idiot, :sever:

I mean, an idiot because of what he does, and because he doesn't understand it when it's explained to him.

Like, nourishment, in a real general sense, is dirt cheap. You can make $40 last a week easily if you absolutely must, and that should be your priority if you are starving. Your girlfriend shouldn't have to buy you eggs.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

I've had both but out of respect for their privacy I delete them when the relationship ends, I thought this was pretty normal. It's not like i've scrubbed all social media of my ex's I just get rid of stuff I feel like I shouldn't have when I'm not currently dating them.

It probably varies from person to person. I'm never ever going to post them on the internet anywhere so I feel like who cares really. I guess I should just delete them as I don't even j/o to them and they're just on the drive doing nothing but idk man I'd still rather not. It's not like they're some hardcore risque photos (some topless photos basically) it's just some memories of the past.

Also browsing through that subreddit makes me really angry at all the lovely parents.

e: if an ex were to ask me if I still have them I'd say yes and if she asks me to delete them I would, just fwiw. Has happened before.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 16, 2017

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

I'd never ask my girlfriend to put her pets in danger because I'm scared of them but jesus christ I'd rather live in a house with free range snakes than caged tarantulas.
You also need to grow a pair of gonads of your choice. Tarantulas are cool and only very rarely flick venomous hairs into your eyes.
Either the parents in law are the most cold hearted people in existence or we're missing a chunk of this story.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Splicer posted:

You also need to grow a pair of gonads of your choice. Tarantulas are cool and only very rarely flick venomous hairs into your eyes.
Either the parents in law are the most cold hearted people in existence or we're missing a chunk of this story.

The hairs are just irritating

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Splicer posted:

Two more gonads is just two more weak spots for them to attack. Really though, I think they're really cool as well, I just can't loving handle any kind of spider in person. I'm cool with scorpions though and as soon as I learned daddy long legs weren't actually spiders, they stopped freaking me out.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Two more gonads is just two more weak spots for them to attack. Really though, I think they're really cool as well, I just can't loving handle any kind of spider in person.

My tarantula is basically a pet rock 90% of the time

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pick posted:

Sever, tell boyfriend he is a wiener, continue to use amazing reddit handle "throwtarantula"

I'd suggest a heat lamp, but that wouldn't be good for that size of an enclosure.

The pets stay. Doesn't matter if it is a cat, dog, fish, snake, or spider. And since pet tarantulas are females that can live as long or longer than a cat, he best start getting used to them. I understand an irrational fear/phobia, but those are easily treated. In fact, tarantulas are usually the spider used for arachnophobia treatment, so he's halfway there already.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

My tarantula is basically a pet rock 90% of the time

I know you want to talk up your pet, but let's be real... 98%.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i hate spiders but my roommate some years ago had one and i just dealt with it because i'm not a crazy person. I can understand if he doesn't want it in the kitchen I guess but drat bro is being a beezy.

at the least he could offer to set up some kind of heat tent enclosure thing for it if he insists it be in the basement, at the moment it just sounds like "idc if it dies i want it away from here" which is dumb

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Pick posted:

I know you want to talk up your pet, but let's be real... 98%.

Yeah... yeah.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The "craziest" pet my family ever had was a caiman and people were all like, wow, holy poo poo!! Isn't it dangerous to have an alligator roaming free in your house?!

And I was like, I loving wish. We feed it regularly, so it just sleeps the rest of the time. Literally I think most days it didn't even wake up at all.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Life of the tarantula owner:

owner: holy poo poo!!!! martha!!! martha come over here!!!! come over here, quick quick quick, look at this!!!!!!!

martha: what

owner: it's on the other side of the cage today!!!!!!!! look!!!!!!!!!!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I [16f] Told On These Girls [16f] for Smoking Weed, Now They're Bullying Me

quote:

I'm from Chile, living in Canada, and I'm pretty shy and not used to the customs here, so I don't have many friends at all. At lunchtime we're allowed to leave school grounds and go to nearby places to have lunch. Last Monday I was walking down there at lunch and I walked through this alley, when I was walking through it there were these girls from my grade who were standing there smoking weed. I got really nervous walking by them and I just walked by them without looking at them. At the end of lunch I went to the principles office and I told on them, and they got called down to the office and I think they got caught with weed in one of their bags as well, and they got suspended for 2 days.

There was 4 of them, when they saw me at school later on that week, they confronted me and asked why I told on them. And I felt really nervous and I didn't know what to say and I just started apologizing and I was really shaky/nervous, They said to mind my own business and stuff like that and they seemed kind of pissed off at me, and I started crying right in front of them, and now I'm nervous whenever I see them at school or anything. What should I do? What's your thoughts of this situation?

tl;dr: I told on these girls at school for smoking weed, they got in trouble, now they are bullying me and I'm nervous about what to do

Being a Narc is universally not cool. She should know this.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Pick posted:

The "craziest" pet my family ever had was a caiman and people were all like, wow, holy poo poo!! Isn't it dangerous to have an alligator roaming free in your house?!

And I was like, I loving wish. We feed it regularly, so it just sleeps the rest of the time.

I absolutely adore pets that are that low maintenance.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
We gave that caiman to a breeder and she's still alive, still doing what she does best (sleeping).

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

tarantula person should have just gotten an enclosure big enough for a heat lamp. spider wont care about the space.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bonzo posted:

Yeah for real lol maybe if you're shy and not fully aware of the social customs you shouldn't immediately go rat on people. I feel bad for her because she's in a lovely situation I'm sure but still dude c'mon.

also she's not even getting bullied they were just like 'wtf man why'd you tell on us?'

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pick posted:

owner: holy poo poo!!!! martha!!! martha come over here!!!! come over here, quick quick quick, look at this!!!!!!!

Exercising so it's ready for you when it gets out. :gonk:

Bonzo posted:

Where's the bullying though? Them confronting her about it?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

Me [25 M] cheated on my girlfriend [26F] 2 years ago at a party

Hey everyone,

So this is something that has been on my mind since it happened and I have felt terrible about it ever since. I am just going to get right to it.

A couple of years ago I cheated on my girlfriend with a hooker at a friends bachelors party. I was really drunk and high on cocaine when it happened, even though I realize that it is no excuse. Even before it happened I was talking to the madam about how I didn't really want to do this because I had a gf which I loved very much, being the idiot I am, she ended up convincing me to go do it anyways. Her reasoning was something along the lines of sex does not equal love blah blah blah. Thinking about it later, her reasoning was poo poo. I cheated on girls before and never felt any guilt or nothing, mostly because I was younger and knew I didn't want to be with them for the rest of my life, my current one is different.

I didn't end up having sex with her but got a blowjob, probably makes no difference. At the time we were only going out for only a year, it's been 2 years since that night and we are still together. Since that night, we have gotten a new car together, got a dog, got into a bigger house, and she wants to have kids. We have been talking about kids for awhile and I think we are deciding on Valentines day to start to try to have one. I know that I would never to something like this again.

I have always wondered if I should tell her what would happen. I know it would spell the end of our relationship but I am too selfish to let her go. She is the best thing to ever happen to me and I would do anything to go back to that night and make a different choice. I been thinking about it a lot, trying to rationalize that I can make it up to her by being the best boyfriend that I can to her. I rationalize that the guilt I am feeling is my punishment and that it is mine alone to bear.

I am curious as to what people think...should I tell her? There is no chance that she could find out.

tl;dr: Has anyone been in a similar situation, cheated on their SO and kept it a secret? Did the relationship last?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Improbable Lobster posted:

The hairs are just irritating
See? Literallly nothing to worry about.

Two more gonads is just two more weak spots for them to attack. Really though, I think they're really cool as well, I just can't loving handle any kind of spider in person. I'm cool with scorpions though and as soon as I learned daddy long legs weren't actually spiders, they stopped freaking me out.
Go to a bug zoo and peek at their adorable mandibles for a while.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0IyQ-KnaXg&t=180s

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Which page is the Wal-Mart story on? I need a hearty chuckle.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

Seems like an amazing companion, well worth ruining a human relationship over.

Nah, jk, don't advocate pet murder kids.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
she could prolly find someone else to take care of it but that dude is being a douchebag and gently caress him anyway

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

That dude is a moron, he should keep that spider in case his family ever goes on a trip to France without him and he has to protect his house from a pair of burglars.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Bonzo posted:

lol nerd

also being told to mind your own drat business does not equal bullying.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

He's an idiot, :sever:

I mean, an idiot because of what he does, and because he doesn't understand it when it's explained to him.

Like, nourishment, in a real general sense, is dirt cheap. You can make $40 last a week easily if you absolutely must, and that should be your priority if you are starving. Your girlfriend shouldn't have to buy you eggs.

people really underestimate how dependent they can get on weed when their personality is wired towards it and their life is stressful enough. the last time i was unemployed i did some pretty irresponsible poo poo just so i wouldn't have to go without it. i'd also been using it to combat regular stress induced nausea and got so used to it that any time i'd sober up i'd get really ill and wouldn't be able to eat anyway.

she should definitely :sever: because this guy needs a wake up call and it is way too early in their relationship to try to try to fix him

the only thing telling his girlfriend would do at this point is let him off the hook for guilt and make her feel like poo poo. he knows he did bad and it sounds like he hasn't done it since.

he should take this one to his grave imo

i really hope they aren't stupid enough to let jess and ariel stay in their house

this is a huge mess they need to stay far away from, and hopefully they can get their friend Kristy away from it too, but there is absolutely no way I would step into a dispute between two relative strangers who have poor judgement and are a meth head, respectively.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

haljordan posted:

That dude is a moron, he should keep that spider in case his family ever goes on a trip to France without him and he has to protect his house from a pair of burglars.

if she gave him this specific explanation and he didn't drop the issue immediately it would be grounds to :sever: a relationship at any stage imo

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Stealthgerbil posted:

tarantula person should have just gotten an enclosure big enough for a heat lamp. spider wont care about the space.

You can't really use heat lamps for tarantulas, it just dries them out and then they die.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

haljordan posted:

Which page is the Wal-Mart story on? I need a hearty chuckle.

Click my little question mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Mirthless posted:

people really underestimate how dependent they can get on weed when their personality is wired towards it and their life is stressful enough. the last time i was unemployed i did some pretty irresponsible poo poo just so i wouldn't have to go without it. i'd also been using it to combat regular stress induced nausea and got so used to it that any time i'd sober up i'd get really ill and wouldn't be able to eat anyway.

Withdrawal is also fun, anxiety ramps up a lot if you just stop smoking, lots of fun...

I kind of sympathize with the kid, when I was in college, I waited tables to pay my way through. I was never to a point where I felt like I was getting stabbed in the stomach, often I'd only be able to afford one meal a day, but I'd save my last $20-40 to make sure I could have a good time (grab some beers and smoke some weed or whatever). If you know you're going to have a lovely week or two coming up, it can help a lot to have one good night out before that.