Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

PunkBoy posted:

They also have a sister!

Will Oswalt also play her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Just kill the entire cast, but replace them with May LMDs.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

PunkBoy posted:

They also have a sister!

Please be Patton Oswalt in drag! Please be Patton Oswalt in drag!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

hangedman1984 posted:

Please be Patton Oswalt in drag! Please be Patton Oswalt in drag!

Not even drag, just a blonde wig!

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Mymla posted:

Just kill the entire cast, but replace them with May LMDs.

:tinfoil: But how did Tony Stark know to use the phrase "Life Model Decoy" years ago? We're through the looking glass, people.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The Darkhold's been around since the b/w Conan comic. In lore it was written by Chthon one of the oldest and most badass of evil entities.
:goonsay:

The 2016 run of Carnage has the title character running around with the Darkhold trying to free Chthon.

It's pretty terrible.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

The best part about May being LMD is that her flings with Coulson will go nowhere.

After all, now that Fitz and Jemma are a thing, the writers need someone else to give blue balls to!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I figured from the winter finale that Coulson and LMayD were gonna bang and when RealMay came back it would cause major drama. I like the idea of having two May's stick around because then they can do stupid poo poo with that for a while.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Rhyno posted:

I figured from the winter finale that Coulson and LMayD were gonna bang and when RealMay came back it would cause major drama. I like the idea of having two May's stick around because then they can do stupid poo poo with that for a while.

With Coulson banging one while the other looks forlorn and confused. Which one is he banging this week?!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

With Coulson banging one while the other looks forlorn and confused. Which one is he banging this week?!

Both of them!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

enraged_camel posted:

Both of them!

Eventually it would end like Farscape, the one he was banging dies heroically and after some time the other one realizes she also loves him and they get a happy ending.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The other option is we get another May versus May fight, and I think I could live with that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Cold open with Coulson in the shower. Suddenly there's May behind him and they kiss passionately. The camera pans and there is a second May in front of him, whom he also kisses passionately. The two Mays start making out as steam obscures our view. Smash cut to Coulson snapping to a sitting position in bed as his alarm goes off. Insert witty Star Wars quip.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The May vs May fight had that excellent flying head grab and smash into table so I'd be down to see more fights on that level.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I'm hoping LMD May is as straight up pissed off about the situation as Real May and they team up to beat down Aida.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think it's safe to say that I'm flat-out exhausted by the Inhumanz plotz of this show.

It's been going for three years now and has long since run out of interesting things to do.

~Ooh Watchdogs ooooh~

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BrianWilly posted:

I think it's safe to say that I'm flat-out exhausted by the Inhumanz plotz of this show.

It's been going for three years now and has long since run out of interesting things to do.

~Ooh Watchdogs ooooh~

The most annoying thing about it is that inhumans never come up on the Netflix series or the movies, which cuts the show off from the MCU even harder. Like seriously a few lines of people mistaking Jessica Jones for an inhuman for example would have done wonders.

At this point the show finale should be them finding they are 1-dimension over from the actual MCU.

Rhyno posted:

Eventually it would end like Farscape, the one he was banging dies heroically and after some time the other one realizes she also loves him and they get a happy ending.

It sucks they never got to do the finale for Farscape, but that movie they did is worth a watch if you thought the show ending was hilarious. They did have plans for another season so it was kind of like stuffing a whole season into a mini-series, but..

Well that and I was sure that ending would be a Chianna vision, which was jammed 'on' at the time, but the actual solution was sure something.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 17, 2017

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

LongDarkNight posted:

I'm hoping LMD May is as straight up pissed off about the situation as Real May and they team up to beat down Aida.

I think this would be the best option. Double May tag team would be brutal to watch. I wonder if MayB could use that berserker staff?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Blazing Ownager posted:

The most annoying thing about it is that inhumans never come up on the Netflix series or the movies, which cuts the show off from the MCU even harder. Like seriously a few lines of people mistaking Jessica Jones for an inhuman for example would have done wonders.

At this point the show finale should be them finding they are 1-dimension over from the actual MCU.

I don't think the Netflix shows have even gotten to the Age of Ultron part of the MCU timeline. They're like a year or two after Avengers 1 at best?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zebulon posted:

I don't think the Netflix shows have even gotten to the Age of Ultron part of the MCU timeline. They're like a year or two after Avengers 1 at best?

I don't think they really care about the events or timeline of the films. They're very much set "right now."

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

kayakyakr posted:

They just talked.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

pee out my butt posted:

They just talked.

something something dog's name is Daisy?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

kayakyakr posted:

something something dog's name is Daisy?

Was. Then Ward shot her.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Rhyno posted:

I don't think they really care about the events or timeline of the films. They're very much set "right now."

Daredevil in particular is focused heavily on showing the aftermath at ground level of the alien invasion from Avengers 1. King Pin basically gets his foot in the door via crooked construction contracts to rebuild from the devastation. Jessica Jones has a few references to the general public perception of the Avengers in the wake of Avengers 1, too. Luke Cage is definitely the most detached, but even it deals with the idea of him being able to fill the role of a larger-than-life icon like Captain America. They don't fixate on it, but there's a bunch of little references here and there to help establish the general setting as being in the wake of the Avengers 1 alien attack, with the distrust and awe that this brings to anyone else showing up with powers being a direct result of it. Luke Cage is by far the most detached, particularly with it including a crack about Obama despite the fact they'd established a President Ellis (IIRC) in the Iron Man movies in particular, but who knows there.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Hell's Kitchen, Hell's Kitchen. Hell's Kitchen? Harlem. Harlem? Hell's Kitchen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My guess is if there's a "Phase 2" of the Defenders series after the Defenders series then that may indirectly deal with/reference the fallout of Age of Ultron/Civil War and the Sokovia Accords the same way the "Phase 1" series references The Avengers and "The Incident".

But since its pretty well isolated away from the MCU or Agents of Shield I assume those references will stay vague unless they really want to do something with it like forcing Luke and Jessica to register.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

My guess is if there's a "Phase 2" of the Defenders series after the Defenders series then that may indirectly deal with/reference the fallout of Age of Ultron/Civil War and the Sokovia Accords the same way the "Phase 1" series references The Avengers and "The Incident".

But since its pretty well isolated away from the MCU or Agents of Shield I assume those references will stay vague unless they really want to do something with it like forcing Luke and Jessica to register.

I'm pretty sure they have referenced Age of Ultron -- certainly in Daredevil's second season, maybe in Luke Cage?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Blazing Ownager posted:

There's a whole plot line where JJ is going to be killed by random people who hired her who call her 'one of them'.

The Netflix series are basically just dancing around not paying for actually saying the names; Hulk is 'the green guy'; etc.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm pretty sure they have referenced Age of Ultron -- certainly in Daredevil's second season, maybe in Luke Cage?

I don't believe they did. They only talk about Chitauri Invasion.

It's pretty open ended, the only MCU event they really reference is the invasion of New York in Avengers, there really hasn't been so much as a sideways mention of anything else.

With the way Luke Cage ended, you would think the sokovia accords would have been mentioned. But there wasn't a peep. So that really points to it being pre civil war if not earlier.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yes, you are correct. In either JJ or Daredevil season 2, someone says something about superheroes dropping cities.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Sir Nose posted:

Yes, you are correct. In either JJ or Daredevil season 2, someone says something about superheroes dropping cities.

You sure you aren't getting that mixed up with Agents of Shield?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Pretty sure. Agents of Shield mentions Ultron a few times, and when it comes up I'm not surprised. But I remember being surprised at the city-dropping comment, not expecting an Avengers 2 reference in whatever show I was watching.

EDIT: Nah, I retract my claim. The more I think about it, the comment I'm remembering was from Ant-Man, not a Netflix show. But I'm still sure it wasn't Agents of Shield!

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 17, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Agents of SHIELD is chronological with the movies. Episode after Thor is released has the team cleaning up in London and encounter Asgardian stuff. Episode after Winter Soldier the Hydra stuff happens. Episode after Age of Ultron Caulson is explaining where the Helicarriers came from to the rest of the SHIELD board. They don't always directly reference the movie unless it should directly affect them, but even with like Doctor Strange they made a few coy references to it. Half the reason I see the movies in the theaters is just in case it ends up mattering to SHIELD in any way close to Winter Soldier.

The Netflix stuff is different as it seems to exist in its own bubble because its about street crime and problems in New York, so it only really references the Incident since that happened there and directly affected the City. There's no real reason for them to reference Hydra or Sokovia because its just not in their league. The thing that might affect them are the Accords but it could either be that they haven't happened yet or that Cage and Jones are simply low profile enough that they aren't affected (yet). They could skip it entirely since the Accords are about international matters and incidents, not street crime in Manhattan. But if they want to make it a thing I assume they'd just wait to work it into plots in "Phase 2".

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm not saying it's not the case, but having the Netflix shows exist at a different point in the timeline is incredibly stupid and confusing, especially when they're just being coy and kind of hinting vaguely at it. Everything in the MCU has always existed in sync with reality before, and to make one confusing exception to that for zero benefit is dumb. Netflix can kinda just do it's own thing and still be happening at the same time as literally everything else ever.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

STAC Goat posted:

but it could either be that they haven't happened yet or that Cage and Jones are simply low profile enough that they aren't affected (yet).

Well... Luke Cage had a televised superpower street brawl against super science tech before being carted away by federal agents. That doesn't really seem too low profile.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its certainly a lot lower than what brought about the Accords, major international incidents and civilian death counts. The Sokovia Accords were a political thing to address international concerns. So while the Defenders may be drawing some attention with their actions its still localized and generally free of civilian casualties, which was really what the Accords were built on.

So while the Accords could/should theoretically lead to Jones and Cage having to register its still more or less a matter of local officials and law enforcement. So until Caulson's SHIELD team comes knocking on Jessica's door to find out if she's an Inhuman and register her or some local NYC politician finds the right government form on sokoviaaccords.gov, they could theoretically fly "under the radar" even if they go viral on the web or something.

But like I said, I imagine that IF there's any plan to bring them up in the Netflix shows they'd just realistically wait until after Defenders since this first "phase" of seasons is more in the origin/setup territory and doing some kind of Accords subplot would probably either be a distraction or something that wasn't even a factor when original scripts were coming together. Makes more sense to deal with that (if they want to) in Season 2. If the Defenders team up results in some kind of big super hero "incident" that's where i think it would be more natural to bring up anything like the Accords, SHIELD, or Avengers (not that I expect any kind of Avengers or SHIELD crossover, but there would naturally be comparisons of the Defenders to the Avengers and its the sort of thing you'd think SHIELD would check out).

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

bull3964 posted:

Well...Luke Cage had a televised superpower street brawl against super science tech before being carted away by federal agents. That doesn't really seem too low profile.

Also, he is a man with near-indestructible skin, super-strength, and a Wolverine-esque healing factor. Considering that Hawkeye and Black Widow are "Avengers" with the power sets of "accurately shoots arrows" and "can leg-flip dudes," you'd think Luke would be getting a lot of attention.

Maybe Danny can train Luke to fight. His strategy currently appears to be slapping dudes and simply being too big and invincible to need skill or precision.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Also SHIELD had their eye on every super powered* individual before, just in case.

*Not limited to but including amazing super powers like, can heat up a can of soup while concentrating really hard and screwing razors to fingers.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Actually we can piece this together.

AoS generally takes place when it airs.

In March of 2016, a background newscast on AoS mentions a gang war in Hell's Kitchen. This is obviously referring to Daredevil Season 2.

We've already had confirmation that Luke Cage and Daredevil Season 2 happen concurrently. So, since Cap 3 came out in May, Luke Cage would end before the accords go into effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tarquinn posted:

Also SHIELD had their eye on every super powered* individual before, just in case.

*Not limited to but including amazing super powers like, can heat up a can of soup while concentrating really hard and screwing razors to fingers.

They did but that was in the old days before Inhumans. The impression we seem to have gotten from the show is that now that super powered people are popping up everywhere SHIELD has kind of lost control of their little dossier they had back in S1 and 2. And even that was obviously missing tons of people.

So yeah, someone should probably have a file on Luke Cage and Jessica Jones at SHIELD but then again who knows how many teenage inhumans are posting on Facebook, Youtube, and WorldStar and forcing SHIELD to track down? They never seemed to get around to formally checking on the Ghost Rider and that guy had a body count and a local reputation.

• Locked thread