Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

alphabettitouretti posted:

What exactly did Crobber do in his consulting role? What did he actually contribute to the development? Because his credits according to moby are "concept" and "special thanks". Doesn't suggest he had a lot of input.

Traditionally the title of consultant in this context is code for "we booted them out and wanted nothing more to do with them but didn't want to just come out and say it because it might look bad and we still need to make a profit".

he probably showed up at the office a few days a week, bored and strung out on cocaine, picking up objects on people's desks, lurking in the kitchen pretending to wash his mug, just general annoying stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

alf_pogs posted:

he probably showed up at the office a few days a week, bored and strung out on cocaine, picking up objects on people's desks, lurking in the kitchen pretending to wash his mug, just general annoying stuff

Gesticulates his hands wildly to describe how to use a fork.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
taxe
http://i.imgur.com/c5Auvvk.gifv

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SelenicMartian posted:

How the gently caress did Iron & Blood sell at all?

That was a complete mystery to most of us, tbh

shrach posted:

Without the statement that the directors are willing to support the company personally, it would have going concern issues. For a well-run company there is no material uncertainty related to going concern and your directors do not have to make such statements. That is what this means.

Precisely. We've told him this repeatedly. We just got bored and don't even respond to that anymore.

The company is crowd-funded. It doesn't have any inventory. It doesn't have a product, hence no sales guidance. It doesn't have anything other than pre-sales. That's why they need to give personal assurances to operate as a going concern.

Hav posted:

No, no it isn't.

It really isn't.

This is right. If you owe $200K but don't have a revenue stream to speak of, they require you to make a personal guarantee to avoid winding up proceedings to try and make good on the amount that you owe. The personal guarantee removes the outstanding liability from the judgement of it being a 'going concern' and avoids messy discussions about 'how are you going to pay this money back' with Her Majesty's Excise men.

Submission of accounts usually requires proving that you're not just some shell company acruing liabilities to walk away under the limited liability statutes; no, you have to prove that you're an ongoing shell company acruing some liabilities to eventually walk away under limited liability statues.

Precisely.

Fain80 posted:

And....

I am out of this poo poo show.

My farewell post:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/365712/disappointed/p4

Holy Christ it feels great! It's like a huge burden has been lifted.

quote:

I have finally decided that I am done with this game. As of now, four years in, this community still gets by on wishes, rainbows, and fairy dust. This "game" only exists in our minds as we envision swooping over a planet in our massive idrisses and picture epic corridor to corridor gunfights, capital ships blasting away at each other with swarms of fighters buzzing in between and engineers making emergency repairs.

All of that is our imagination at work. Look at what we actually have. A bunch of small tech demos that still break frequently and haven't been significantly advanced in over a year. We have a substandard FPS module that, while a great first attempt, is not indicative of mechanics that should be pretty much wrapped up at this point for the single player game. Some of the wins that have been celebrated are tiny. Glass that breaks? Flashy glowing pickup icons in arena commander? Wow, color me impressed!

The ship sales have led to bait and switch after bait and switch as ships are nerfed or redesigned before they ever come out. We have marketing tactics that would make EA' blush with embarrassment and we've had some of the worst live streams I have ever seen over the past few months. We have what is basically hundreds and thousands of dollars worth of DLC ships that are going to jack up game balance to all hell when this thing finally comes out.

At this point, who knows if SQ42 even exists? Why is it so difficult to show us the game? 4 years into development the project shouldn't even remotely feel like it may be a sham but this game continues to have an off putting stink to it. When delays happen for the PU it's because they were working on SQ42, when they happen for SQ42 it's because of the PU.

I hope that this game winds up being great but I think it's a pipe dream. For everyone here who pumped at least a thousand dollars into this dream I hope it comes out and you feel like you've gotten your money's worth but I'm done with this sham.

CONGRATS!!

Now please do the honors over at http://reddit.com/r/StarCitizen_Refunds/

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Fain80 posted:

And....

My farewell post:

Congrats. That's quite a chunk of change.

Remember that, once the game is out, you can always go back and re-spend seven thousahahahaha!

WLMortis
Sep 28, 2001
Nebulosis Defunctus
Slippery Tilde

Hav posted:

January 8th from Sandy on Facebook. Looks like it's around the University from the building behind them.

Around Agard Street, the new copper building is a University of Derby, sooo.

It's one of the four buildings beyond the friargate on the A52. DE1 1BX, I think.

The doxxing in this thread is getting totally out of control :ohdear:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Fain80 posted:

I have finally decided that I am done with this game. As of now, four years in, this community still gets by on wishes, rainbows, and fairy dust. This "game" only exists in our minds as we envision swooping over a planet in our massive idrisses and picture epic corridor to corridor gunfights, capital ships blasting away at each other with swarms of fighters buzzing in between and engineers making emergency repairs.

All of that is our imagination at work. Look at what we actually have. A bunch of small tech demos that still break frequently and haven't been significantly advanced in over a year. We have a substandard FPS module that, while a great first attempt, is not indicative of mechanics that should be pretty much wrapped up at this point for the single player game. Some of the wins that have been celebrated are tiny. Glass that breaks? Flashy glowing pickup icons in arena commander? Wow, color me impressed!

The ship sales have led to bait and switch after bait and switch as ships are nerfed or redesigned before they ever come out. We have marketing tactics that would make EA' blush with embarrassment and we've had some of the worst live streams I have ever seen over the past few months. We have what is basically hundreds and thousands of dollars worth of DLC ships that are going to jack up game balance to all hell when this thing finally comes out.

At this point, who knows if SQ42 even exists? Why is it so difficult to show us the game? 4 years into development the project shouldn't even remotely feel like it may be a sham but this game continues to have an off putting stink to it. When delays happen for the PU it's because they were working on SQ42, when they happen for SQ42 it's because of the PU.

I hope that this game winds up being great but I think it's a pipe dream. For everyone here who pumped at least a thousand dollars into this dream I hope it comes out and you feel like you've gotten your money's worth but I'm done with this sham.

You have a low IQ, because you are probably a native english speaker. This language that you use in your mind put you in the sub-human category, but it's not a curse. You can evolve, nevermind your age, and be better for yourself and your entourage. This obvious refund step about a scam is a first step ; you'll have to take more, but you can be a fonctional human before your death, I believe in you. Good luck.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
drat moma got owned

mowned

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs

Done! Created an account and threw it up there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/5oe4dc/fain80_gets_a_refund_7k/

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Fain80 posted:

And....

My farewell post:

Gratulations, you did the right thing. No game is worth that much money, even if you can afford it. Buy it when it comes out and go crazy in the cash shop that will surely be there even if CIG says now that it wont.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Lots of MoMA careposting today
I'm glad of it

necroid
May 14, 2009

Fain80 posted:

And....

My farewell post:

seven thousand dollars lol wtf

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's not over, so he can't be right or wrong right now.

Stranglewank

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Zzr posted:

You have a low IQ, because you are probably a native english speaker. This language that you use in your mind put you in the sub-human category, but it's not a curse. You can evolve, nevermind your age, and be better for yourself and your entourage. This obvious refund step about a scam is a first step ; you'll have to take more, but you can be a fonctional human before your death, I believe in you. Good luck.

Source your quotes please.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's only not over for you because you still have money in it. Everyone sane knows it's finished, Star Marine, Social module, the Persistent* Universe & Arena Commander, all released and all are unbelievably poo poo. 2017 is the year Squadron 42 gets delayed until 2018. Squadron 42 has been 18 months from release for nearly 4 years now, but this time the compulsive liar means it, honest. The doors close when they run out of money but it's been over for a while now.

*No Persistence included

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

ManofManyAliases posted:

Just because the corpse has been twitching for 24 months doesn't mean it's not over.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Congrats on getting your money back :)

I'm glad there are people that are being successfully reunited with their money :)

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Fain80 posted:

And....

My farewell post:

Thread nuked already.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/littlebitofmadness

:shrug:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

No matter what either side of the fence says , it's very telling when a company that sold a 'product' is refunding their customer 7 thousand dollars

I think deep down inside cig knows they're hosed , they are admitting It each time they refund

If I buy a TV from Walmart and it breaks after a week , they will offer to replace the TV , or exchange it for store credit, and finally they will grudgingly offer a full refund

But with cig their only option is refund, there is zero other recourse and it is super sweet bros

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Sappo569 posted:

But with cig their only option is refund, there is zero other recourse and it is super sweet bros

Imagine if they started offering partials tho, everyone would be in, even some of the whales. It's probably smarter for them to only offer fulls than take a hit with every man and his dog who bought that jpeg one night that they don't really want.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Megabound posted:

Imagine if they started offering partials tho, everyone would be in, even some of the whales. It's probably smarter for them to only offer fulls than take a hit with every man and his dog who bought that jpeg one night that they don't really want.

It's true. You'd have a good number of the whales on the fence now , slide right over and refund most of their account keeping the 1 true autism chariot

It still blows my mind that people have not only all the ships, but multiples of some ships

That goes way past idiot with money into certified lethal amounts of brain damage

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Hav posted:

o9o9o9o9o9 Commando

January 8th from Sandy on Facebook. Looks like it's around the University from the building behind them.

It's one of the four buildings beyond the friargate on the A52. DE1 1BX, I think.

Gottem

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Fain80 posted:

And....

My farewell post:

umm Sandi was going to use that for another designer hand bag..now she has to wait for Momas next installment

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

why is everything so melty

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

alf_pogs posted:

why is everything so melty

had to run the info through tooterfish's super-doxx geo location program, hes still working on the algorithms

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Romes128 posted:

drat moma got owned

mowned

Imagine having to work on that refund and constantly saying to yourself "I hope this one doesn't leak out to the goons" without knowing the dude was a goon already. Probably feels like poo poo

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

If CIG is doing so poorly, then how did they open up an new branch* of Foundry 42?

*Branch is actually 3 undergrads in a dorm room working customer service for unpaid internship

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Theres no need to be so hostile. If you take issue to something I said I'd be willing to calmly discuss this with you.

You came to the wrong neighborhood for that son.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

BadOptics posted:

"I was right about the Titanic being sinkable"

"Well ACTUALLY half the ship is bobbling on the surface, therefore..."

It was the rear end end too. Everybody is always interested in a good bobbing rear end after all. :shittydog:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kakarot posted:

had to run the info through tooterfish's super-doxx geo location program, hes still working on the algorithms

Holy poo poo, you guys do this by hand? I had my bots subsumpted months ago, they run everything themselves and I just get the daily doxx.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/821097353608302594
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/821106860971479041

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Mmmm yes, ~dreams~ and vaping.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy poo poo, Derek trolled that nazi-loving moron into playing his game.

We have so much left to learn.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fain80 posted:

And....

My farewell post:

Wow. :monocle:

I'm glad you're out, but I'm super curious now since you've given up, you can speak without feeling like you need to defend yourself.

Are you a backer who thought you'd get $7k of game play? Or did you do it to support the company in general?

What was your turning point?

Thanks friend! :3:

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

quote:

AP posted:

Foundry 42 office in Derby (3 or so people) appears to be this company.

https://www.facebook.com/fullfaceanimation/
http://fullfaceanimation.com/portfolio.html
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09228026

Probably just working for F42 under contract unless they bought them...

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

MeLKoR posted:

Holy poo poo, you guys do this by hand? I had my bots subsumpted months ago, they run everything themselves and I just get the daily doxx.

Getting ideal sniper locations is a bit more difficult. Needs some refactoring, but we can automate it when thats done. Just a few blockers to take care of when using googles messy API

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

That guy is totally retarded. Him and the moron who took the video of an external view camera, while trying to pass it off as a control camera. They backed Star Citizen. So it makes plenty of sense.

These retards are the reason that I disabled that camera less than two updates later. Trying to fly an aircraft using a 3pp view camera is like wearing your pants inside out, then screaming when your dick gets caught in a zipper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sillybones posted:

What's with it with you goons and Star Citizen? Can't you just have a moderate position?

I for one am cautiously optimistic for the outcome of this project. I feel my purchaplegation is in safe hands.

Annabelle Boo Huxley is not suffering your cautious bullshit goony.