Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

TBeats posted:

YOU PROLLY SAY THAT BECAYSE YOU EAT rear end

Picanha is pretty good. I recommend eating more cow asses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Emron posted:

I can't imagine how awful it must be to have TFF to dislike your team and/or coach. It must be unbearable. You have my deepest condolences.

The difference is Nick Saban has actually won something meaningful.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

whiteyfats posted:

I don't hate Bama, even if FSU opens the season with them.

I don't hate them as much as I'm just bored of them.

The whole point of college football is to hate everyone that doesn't play or coach for your team and also probably your teams offensive coordinator.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxzvbfou2yc is pretty much my ethos for college football.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So my hometown of Podunk, AL apparently just got a professional arena football team. The town has about 3,000 people in it and the local high school gym seats more people than the place they'll be playing in.

Roll Tide?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Arena football is dying and it's very sad. Go barnstrormers

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
hey i missed food chat but i just want to chime in with "gently caress grits"

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Such a wrong opinion.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa WR Jay Scheel is quitting because of multiple knee injuries. Really sad career. He was a huge high school star in the state as a QB and came in as 4* recruit with a ton of hype but he could just never get healthy. Every offseason there'd be stories about him looking amazing in practice and was going to be Iowa's best receiver and then he'd hurt his knee again.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Michigan OG David Dawson is taking a grad transfer to Iowa State. He wasn't good enough to start over a bad true freshman or an even worse senior starter this year, but uh, I guess...he's a large human body?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Former 4* recruit! CMC does it again! #AStormIsBrewing

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/StateCoachD/status/820686097801969670

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

This doesn't seem wise, but I can't put my finger on why.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Fluffdaddy posted:

This doesn't seem wise, but I can't put my finger on why.

something about red light districts and prostitution?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Rooooooxaaaaaaaaaaanne

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Proud Christian Mom posted:

hey i missed food chat but i just want to chime in with "gently caress grits"

Sorry about your loving wrong opinions. Grits are great, hth.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Joey Freshwater posted:

Rooooooxaaaaaaaaaaanne

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

So uhh, why isn't the thread title "A&M is rear end my dude" yet?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Notorious ZSB posted:

So uhh, why isn't the thread title "A&M is rear end my dude" yet?

Intruder and Mournvingview hate us having nice things. :mad:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I changed it!

Also anything that happens in a college sports thread is almost definitely my fault don't blame poor intruder

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Thank you for making my day mourningview

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

agreed gently caress aggy

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Gonna be a good off-season yall

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Neil Armbong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxzvbfou2yc is pretty much my ethos for college football.

Related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4veYug5pFo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh are we posting good Mike Leach videos ITT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OjVslts0sI

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DJExile posted:

oh are we posting good Mike Leach videos ITT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OjVslts0sI

"Yeah I kindof felt the same way at the end of that game" :lol:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Jim Harbaugh is weird and unable to see the line between appropriate and inappropriate social behavior. Michigan fans should just accept this and embrace their coach for who he is. It's not like he's a terrible person and covered up a rape scandal. He's just an eccentric with an childish temper.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Komet posted:

Jim Harbaugh is weird and unable to see the line between appropriate and inappropriate social behavior. Michigan fans should just accept this and embrace their coach for who he is. It's not like he's a terrible person and covered up a rape scandal. He's just an eccentric with an childish temper.

I don't know what you're talking about specifically, but Harbaugh is completely embraced, even uncomfortably so

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Uncomfortable embraces are a thing all programs should avoid in light of recent years

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Jesus, the brutal Arizona offseason gets about as bad as it could possibly be. Greg Byrne did an awesome job of pulling the football program out of a deep tailspin, and even if things are kind of bad on the field now, the program is still worlds healthier than when he got there. Not to mention all the good things he did with every other sport.

Byrne did an excellent job, he deserves this promotion and I hope he does well.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So this is shamelessly copied from Reddit, but we have had a full on 128 team circle of suck his season:

Johnnycockseed from Reddit posted:

The asterisk is that Fresno State's only win was against an FCS team, so there's a chain of FCS teams necessary to keep the chain going. I broke the chain into several groups corresponding very roughly with conference affiliation in order to aid readability. To preemptively answer the inevitable question... this took me hours. More than I'd like to admit.

Clemson> Alabama> Washington> Colorado> WSU> Stanford> UCLA> Oregon State> Oregon> ASU> Cal> Utah> USC> Penn State> Ohio State> Michigan> Wisconsin> WMU>
Toledo> Arkansas State> Troy> App State> Idaho> New Mexico State> ULL> Texas State> Ohio> Miami (OH)> Bowling Green> Akron> Kent State> Central Michigan> Northern Illinois> Eastern Michigan> Ball State> Georgia State> Georgia Southern> ULM> South Alabama>
San Diego State> UNLV> Wyoming> Boise State> BYU> Arizona> Hawaii> Air Force> Colorado State> Utah State> Fresno State
Sacramento State>Montana State>Montana>Northern Iowa>
Iowa State> Texas Tech> Kansas> Texas> Baylor> Oklahoma State> WVU> Kansas State>
FAU> Rice> UTEP> UTSA> North Texas> Marshall> Middle Tennessee> Louisiana Tech> WKU> Old Dominion> UMass> FIU> Charlotte> USM>
Kentucky> Louisville> Florida State> Ole Miss> Georgia> Auburn> Arkansas> Florida> LSU> Mississippi State> Texas A&M> South Carolina> Missouri> Vanderbilt> Tennessee>
Nebraska> Northwestern> Iowa> Minnesota> Rutgers> New Mexico> San Jose State> Nevada> Buffalo> Army> Temple> USF> Navy> Tulsa> Memphis> Houston> Oklahoma> TCU> SMU> ECU>
NC State> Syracuse> Boston College> Wake Forest> Indiana> Maryland> UCF> Tulane> UConn> Cincinnati> Purdue> Illinois> Michigan State> Notre Dame> Miami (FL)> Virginia> Duke> UNC> Georgia Tech> Virginia Tech> Pitt> Clemson

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
thats amazing

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

KKKLIP ART posted:

So this is shamelessly copied from Reddit, but we have had a full on 128 team circle of suck his season:

Fresno State really hit rock bottom this year? I had no idea.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KKKLIP ART posted:

Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judah and his brethren; and Judah begat Perez and Zerah of Tamar; and Perez begat Hezron; and Hezron begat Ram; and Ram begat Amminadab; and Amminadab begat Nahshon; and Nahshon begat Salmon; and Salmon begat Boaz of Rahab; and Boaz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; and Jesse begat David the king.

And David begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Uriah; and Solomon begat Rehoboam; and Rehoboam begat Abijah; and Abijah begat Asa; and Asa begat Jehoshaphat; and Jehoshaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Uzziah; and Uzziah begat Jotham; and Jotham begat Ahaz; and Ahaz begat Hezekiah; and Hezekiah begat Manasseh; and Manasseh begat Amon; and Amon begat Josiah; and Josiah begat Jechoniah and his brethren, at the time of the carrying away to Babylon.

And after the carrying away to Babylon, Jechoniah begat Shealtiel; and Shealtiel begat Zerubbabel; and Zerubbabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor; and Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud; and Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

So all the generations from Abraham unto David are fourteen generations; and from David unto the [k]carrying away to Babylon fourteen generations; and from the [l]carrying away to Babylon unto the Christ fourteen generations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Scarf posted:

Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judah and his brethren; and Judah begat Perez and Zerah of Tamar; and Perez begat Hezron; and Hezron begat Ram; and Ram begat Amminadab; and Amminadab begat Nahshon; and Nahshon begat Salmon; and Salmon begat Boaz of Rahab; and Boaz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; and Jesse begat David the king.

And David begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Uriah; and Solomon begat Rehoboam; and Rehoboam begat Abijah; and Abijah begat Asa; and Asa begat Jehoshaphat; and Jehoshaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Uzziah; and Uzziah begat Jotham; and Jotham begat Ahaz; and Ahaz begat Hezekiah; and Hezekiah begat Manasseh; and Manasseh begat Amon; and Amon begat Josiah; and Josiah begat Jechoniah and his brethren, at the time of the carrying away to Babylon.

And after the carrying away to Babylon, Jechoniah begat Shealtiel; and Shealtiel begat Zerubbabel; and Zerubbabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor; and Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud; and Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

So all the generations from Abraham unto David are fourteen generations; and from David unto the [k]carrying away to Babylon fourteen generations; and from the [l]carrying away to Babylon unto the Christ fourteen generations.

I'm sure those 5000 year old records before paper was invented and most people were illiterate are accurate

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/AndrewGreif/status/821157785203130368

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
lol did they bring CrossFit to Oregon

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hahaha, that seems counterproductive.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/shankymcwidleft/status/821161408624820225

For some reason the #fitness hashtag made me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

got any sevens posted:

I'm sure those 5000 year old records before paper was invented and most people were illiterate are accurate

Actually, in ancient Hebrew culture, verbal storytelling was a popular gathering activity, and if you messed up, others would interrupt and correct you, preserving the accuracy throughout generations.

We do the same thing today on Twitter, with bad sports takes.

• Locked thread