Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I enjoy PF Changs and also actual chinese food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

drat near every Asian place up here is labeled as a "Teriyaki" establishment and it's weird as gently caress.

I mean, they're still good, and it's perfectly fine, but why call it Teriyaki?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kirios posted:

drat near every Asian place up here is labeled as a "Teriyaki" establishment and it's weird as gently caress.

Where is "up here"?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Portland, Oregon. Apparently it's the same way in Seattle too.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

White people like teriyaki.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ron Jeremy posted:

White people like teriyaki.

Teriyaki is delicious.

Source: I am a white dude and I love teriyaki.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Kirios posted:

Korean places use that term a lot in their titles. Round eyes must feel safe with that word.

e: like viets and "noodle" everything?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Leperflesh posted:

Two or three of the items on the menu taste quite good. That's not enough to make it worth the price, though, considering two or three items on practically any menu of any restaurant anywhere probably taste pretty good, and good cheap chinese food is pretty widespread.

Going to a pf changs for chinese food is excusable if your only other chinese food choices are horrible, but in any sizeable city there's gonna be better choices, and in places like Oakland and Vegas, there's tons of much better choices.

Maybe Mark just likes the atmosphere?

Can confirm there are teriyaki places everywhere around seattle, but that's because teriyaki owns. Some also do sushi or something else as well. But it's not like a pho place will call themselves a teriyaki place.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jan 16, 2017

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah it's kinda weird, I'm from Washington but live out east. You don't see teryaki joints out here. Think it's mostly shorthand for cheap Japanese food. The Chinese and Korean (and of course Vietnamese) restaurants don't typically use that word, from what I remember.

TBeats posted:

Teriyaki is delicious.

Source: I am a white dude and I love teriyaki.

:same: When I went to WWU there was a place down the street named Super Teryaki, mismatched furniture and bare linoleum floors but delicious cheap teryaki chicken. County closed it down after it was cited for more health code violations than the kitchen at the county jail. Quietly reopened as Super Duper Teryaki, new furniture and a slightly different menu. Not. As. Good.

Another thing that I had to leave before I realized it was a NW thing: drive through coffee stands, eeeeeverywhere.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah it's kinda weird, I'm from Washington but live out east. You don't see teryaki joints out here. Think it's mostly shorthand for cheap Japanese food. The Chinese and Korean (and of course Vietnamese) restaurants don't typically use that word, from what I remember.

Teriyaki is a Japanese word and technique, that's probably why. It's sort of mind boggling to me that any Chinese and especially any Korean place would use that word in their name or description. I'd be kind of interested to know why this is so different on the west coast vs. the NYC area.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Well, it's because they have to appeal to dumb Westerners.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Keep in mind that the first teriyaki restaurant in US was (apparently) up here in Seattle and it has become a staple for the region. That being said, the term is ubiquitous all over the PNW, even in restaurants where they specialize in non-teriyaki dishes.

PF Changs is basically Asian inspired Red Lobster of the west coast.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Look Mark Davis is cool and good the other guy is an ahole. I am fine with Vegas and stripper cheerleaders so Mark can afford Hooters.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elephanthead posted:

Look Mark Davis is cool and good the other guy is an ahole. I am fine with Vegas and stripper cheerleaders so Mark can afford Hooters.

The cheerleaders should basically be like the ones from the Replacements, but since it's the NFL, they can recruit from the highest quality Vegas strip joints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATrQKMe1rMM

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 16, 2017

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Didn't follow this all the way through, but just checking in to say I can't believe I've been living in a barely middle class fool's paradise this whole time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

fsif posted:

Didn't follow this all the way through, but just checking in to say I can't believe I've been living in a barely middle class fool's paradise this whole time.

I assume you are talking about Carson, California?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Another thing that I had to leave before I realized it was a NW thing: drive through coffee stands, eeeeeverywhere.

Drivethru coffee stands are the best, can confirm they are everywhere here.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kirios posted:

Drivethru coffee stands are the best, can confirm they are everywhere here.

I like the ones that fronts for illegal stripping and prostitution.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skwirl posted:

I like the ones that fronts for illegal stripping and prostitution.

Are you serious? (forgive me, I am unaccustomed to your big city ways)

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
You all talking confused about teriyaki like you've never had Chinese Mexican food

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

whiteyfats posted:

Google Bikini Baristas

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Phobeste posted:

You all talking confused about teriyaki like you've never had Chinese Mexican food

you don't really see filipino restaurants around tho

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

whiteyfats posted:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/three-bikini-baristas-arrested-washington-espresso-stand-f8C11501428

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/33003900/#.WH1LVFMrKM8

There's also a bunch that don't do anything illegal, but do advertise that the baristas are wearing only bikinis or lingerie. And even the normal ones where they wear normal clothes the barista is always an attractive woman aged 16-25

quote:

Three scantily dressed baristas were arrested Wednesday at an espresso stand in Washington state after public complaints about inappropriate conduct, police said.

The three women, who sold coffee drinks at the drive-through Hillbilly Hotties stand along a busy road in Everett, north of Seattle, weren't identified.
In 2009, five bikini baristas were charged with prostitution for allegedly charging customers $80 to touch their breasts and buttocks at a shop in Everett called the Grab-n-Go Bikini Hut. In July 2011, the owner and three employees were arrested for alleged indecent exposure at a coffee stand in the town of Edmonds called Java Juggs.
And in July of this year, a Snohomish County sheriff's sergeant resigned after he was arrested for allegedly abetting a prostitution ring at a stand called Java Juggs and Twin Peaks in Everett.

Unreleated, but a hilarious part of the same article

quote:

Police confirmed that the stand that was raided Wednesday is the same Hillbilly Hotties that made news last month when a 12-year-old boy was arrested and charged with holding it up at gunpoint. Police said the boy pointed a gun at a barista Sept. 2, emptied the tip jar into his backpack and pedaled off on a bicycle.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 16, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
but how was the coffee?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

but how was the coffee?

Hot

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
I'd be more worried about the burn hazard, there is a reason why most real baristas wear aprons.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Phobeste posted:

Chino Bandito was one of the finest things Phoenix had to offer. I miss it over a decade later.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Charger fan living in Canada checking in. What am I supposed to like/hate right now?

I'm not privy to these west coast dynamics and local eateries/strip joints.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
why the gently caress are a chargers fan :confused:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Miko posted:

Charger fan living in Canada checking in. What am I supposed to like/hate right now?

I'm not privy to these west coast dynamics and local eateries/strip joints.

Switch to the Raiders or Broncos, just because you are likely to see your new favorite team beat your old favorite team twice a year.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
I've lived through 1-15, I think I'll manage.

What's the Coles notes on why three franchises moved cities in two years?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Miko posted:

Money.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Miko posted:

lmao Coles notes

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Moving companies in San Diego are refusing to help the Chargers move and it's funny

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

Moving companies in San Diego are refusing to help the Chargers move and it's funny

i think they got some LA companies to sign on too because LA doesnt even want the chargers.

Dean made what might end up as the biggest professional sports blunder of all time. I mean literally.

haha.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Hey Ross,

https://twitter.com/DjamesIII/status/821170745392779264

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah I'm sure that Philip will green light a trade to the loving Niners

And he said this literally two days ago about LA:

"I'm not gonna be there for 13 years but I'm gonna give 'em all I've got in the short time I have left," said 35-year-old Rivers

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 17, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A couple days or weeks is short, agreed

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a neat cape posted:

Yeah I'm sure that Philip will green light a trade to the loving Niners

And he said this literally two days ago about LA:

"I'm not gonna be there for 13 years but I'm gonna give 'em all I've got in the short time I have left," said 35-year-old Rivers

i didnt know he said that

mainly because i have stopped reading about the chargers

let em go ross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

off topic but,

oldskool posted:

Major improvement IMO
Did you just make this in Photoshop or something? Or is this a tool in google maps that I don't know about?

If this happened... :roflolmao:

• Locked thread