Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

TjyvTompa posted:

Of course, but the LPL build is better.

The LL build pushes better and engages effectively at any practical range, the LPL build carries better and 1v1s better.

The other reason I run the LL 2C is because I own a 1G, which absolutely shits out damage at medium-short range with an XL/shield-arm build, so building the 2C to emphasize range and durability makes more sense.

There isn't a good third Battlemaster, unfortunately.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jan 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

TjyvTompa posted:

How much is it to invite people now?

4.2m cbills. Down from 12 million.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Skoll posted:

4.2m cbills. Down from 12 million.

Cool, I'll put some cbills into the coffers tonight so we can get some people back. Unless you removed me, in which case I'll start my own unit which will become really popular and I'll get invited to all the cool MW:O parties and get all the ladies.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

When do people pop up in the mumble, usually? Is there a Discord somewhere?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

A discord you say

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Skoll posted:

Everyone I accidentally booted from WoL, send me a PM with your in-game name and a bribe and I'll get you resorted. Eventually. If we have the :10bux:.

Holy poo poo talk about a pruning. We're down to 84 people now.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cyrano4747 posted:

Holy poo poo talk about a pruning. We're down to 84 people now.

Yeah, it had to be done. If we didn't have that stupid cbill tax :pgi: thought was oh so good an idea, I wouldn't give a poo poo how many people idled in WoL.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
How does one join?

Bought the Viper-C, realized it's just a double Locust with 4x the surface area.

Locusts are immortal because of their size and the automatic rotisserie effect of dodging.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Just a reminder, being in WoL or GIRL doesn't really matter. CW is bad.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I have about 4 games on my clan jenner and close to 100 on the urbie

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

veedubfreak posted:

Just a reminder, being in WoL or GIRL doesn't really matter. CW is bad.

This. Just pop into mumble if you want to group up and use the friends list system for invites.

Ostentatious posted:

I have about 4 games on my clan jenner and close to 100 on the urbie

A sign of taste.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I just donated 9 mil cbills, should be enough for 2 invites I hope.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Only reason to be in WoL or GIRL is to immediately agro rage or immediately agro rage because of an inferiority complex.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Or you could be cool like me and just have your own unit and ask what faction WoL/GIRL are going to be before events and synchronize. Cheaper all around.

Or or you could join [ani] like a super cool dude if you reaaaallly wanted. I bet the invites are really cheap.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

rincewind101 posted:

When do people pop up in the mumble, usually? Is there a Discord somewhere?

I usually pop in mumble at ~7pm EST on week days.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
So it just occured to me. Does this timeline advancement mean IS will get Light Fusion Engines now?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Rysithusiku posted:

So it just occured to me. Does this timeline advancement mean IS will get Light Fusion Engines now?

Its the right time period but that would be a pretty big shift for mech design if they add that.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
all these things people are talking about, i don't think they will save this lovely game

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerously Dexterous Dongs

Banano posted:

all these things people are talking about, i don't think they will save this lovely game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Banano posted:

:sad: but true.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

kingcom posted:

Its the right time period but that would be a pretty big shift for mech design if they add that.

The big problem with IS/clan balance is that Clan basically gets to have its XL cake and eat it too: being able to zombie doesn't matter 99% of the time, so the minor disadvantage of being a combat kill once you lose both side torsos (and a heat penalty that matters less once you've inevitably lost a good chunk of your weapons from that same torso loss) is always worth halving the weight of the heaviest thing on your 'mech. If I had total control over the numbers I would reduce the weight discount on clan XLs to reflect that fact, but :pgi: is unfortunately tied to Battletech's already dubiously-balanced equipment stats so they're stuck futzing around with weird kludges to try and make the entire thing somewhat sane.

Dueling Bandsaws fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 17, 2017

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Only pubbies would whine about having a win delivered to them by two cheetahs.

E: Where was the hunch cave again on Grim Plexus?

Azuth0667 fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 17, 2017

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Across on the other side of the map from the buildings on the hill. It's the little spot on the map that looks like a hole in the crystal formations.

The heat penalty for losing a side being doubled from 20% to 40% will level things out a little bit, but not a lot. The thing I'm looking forward to most is snub nosed ppcs, because if those exist and locust 1v is somehow able to keep something resembling its crazy cooldown quirk it will be the most vicious little fucker you can bring out as a ppc carrier.

Another fun gimmick is that it would allow you to smash an XL engine into the KGC0000 with having 4 snub nose ppcs, 2 AC20s w/ 4 tons of ammo, and an XL300, which would make for some really nasty split alpha hits for 40/40 pinpoint damage.

Or the joke option: 6 snub nose PPC boar's head. The nonjoke boar's head would be really great with a light fusion engine available if it functions like the clan version, because it'd be able to pack LPLs, go a decent speed, and survive a side being blown out while keeping 3 LPLs shooting.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 17, 2017

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Pubbies making hackusations against my lovely 2 gauss 1 ppc night gyr is hilarious :allears:. You didn't get shot because you were an idiot sitting out in the open, no it must have been hacks.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Azuth0667 posted:

Pubbies making hackusations against my lovely 2 gauss 1 ppc night gyr is hilarious :allears:. You didn't get shot because you were an idiot sitting out in the open, no it must have been hacks.

being able to click on the robots is a hack

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Urbies are the only reason I can even still be bothered to launch MW:O as of late. They truly are the best mech.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

Urbies are the only reason I can even still be bothered to launch MW:O as of late. They truly are the best mech.

They really are, take your child to work day (2 ghost dads + any amount of urbies) is stupidly entertaining.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Azuth0667 posted:

They really are, take your child to work day (2 ghost dads + any amount of urbies) is stupidly entertaining.

GARBAGE DAY best day.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
A PUG just praised my 1xLBX-20 4xSRM6-A TBR build . It's real.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

PGI please. This isn't even the worst tonnage mismatch weve had tonight

ThirdLight
Jun 7, 2003
Holy cow, this looks complicated to when it first was brought out. So who do/how do i join up with yall to relearn all this? My in game is Thirdlight.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Get in mumble is the easiest way.
mumble.goonrathi.com 64738
p/w: mellon

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

ThirdLight posted:

Holy cow, this looks complicated to when it first was brought out. So who do/how do i join up with yall to relearn all this? My in game is Thirdlight.

Get on the mumble, no seriously I made over ten million cbills dropping with goons recently and it made the game much more fun

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Anyone have that video of the goons(?) in Dadlases taking the urbies out for ice cream in group queue?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Artificer posted:

Anyone have that video of the goons(?) in Dadlases taking the urbies out for ice cream in group queue?

I don't know why this isn't in the OP, but it should be.

My shame will live on forever more in that video.

I THINK ripersnifle may have been the cameraman for that, but don't quote me on that. The last time this question happened, I think one of our Beefs had it handy.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Great Beer posted:

PGI please. This isn't even the worst tonnage mismatch weve had tonight

The group matchmaker does not use tonnage or tiers if you wait over 240 seconds for a game.
PGI says deal with it:

quote:

If on the other hand you are unsatisfied with the quality of the games, here is what we are going to do.

- Shift back to a maximum group size of 4 or less.
- Each group needs to be created in a 1/1/1/1 fashion.

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jan 18, 2017

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

TjyvTompa posted:

The group matchmaker does not use tonnage or tiers if you wait over 240 seconds for a game.
PGI says deal with it:

I am actually okay with that. Fairness of a match makes for a better game and :pgi: needs to own up that they didn't make something of high enough quality to attract enough people for a good fair 12v12.

E: Instead of being bitter about it like they were with transverse.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I played a double uac/10 double lpl night Gyr last night

That was fun as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TheParadigm posted:

I don't know why this isn't in the OP, but it should be.

My shame will live on forever more in that video.

I THINK ripersnifle may have been the cameraman for that, but don't quote me on that. The last time this question happened, I think one of our Beefs had it handy.

I think it was GreatBeer. I'll let him know to repost it when I see him.

• Locked thread