Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

no_recall posted:

Does anyone have the link to the interview / article where Chris said there wasn't enough money to burn to keep this train wreck going?

Asking for a friend.

They have about a year's buffer at current rates. Which is roughly what everyone has roughly worked out from UK financials and the industry standard 10k/employee-month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Zzr posted:

You have a low IQ, because you are probably a native english speaker. This language that you use in your mind put you in the sub-human category, but it's not a curse. You can evolve, nevermind your age, and be better for yourself and your entourage. This obvious refund step about a scam is a first step ; you'll have to take more, but you can be a fonctional human before your death, I believe in you. Good luck.

Crikey. ANOTHER Citizen?

EDIT: As evidenced by lack of platinum.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 17, 2017

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

It was the rear end end too. Everybody is always interested in a good bobbing rear end after all. :shittydog:

You always go down head first ... it's the friendly way.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/15673-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

I suspect this is going to be when they formally push back 3.0 and announce 2.7. Hold on to your butts.

Holding a summit.

Just when I thought they couldn't be pompous enough...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

It was the rear end end too. Everybody is always interested in a good bobbing rear end after all. :shittydog:

Yeah, but it wasn't nude. :mediocre:

We still love you though.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It's always amazing when someone pretends to be an expert of or employed in a field they're blatantly incompetent in.

Same and hence why I love following Chris Roberts taking money from people to make the BDSSE.

It's like a slow motion (captured by Chris Roberts) train wreck of a train carrying wagon after wagon of stolen Nazi comedy gold.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Star Citizen: Where the only fun is in refund

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen: House of the Dying Fund

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

sorla78 posted:

I sense a better strategy in releasing "Star Citizen" and "SQ42" for mobile phones, not much needed except flashy videos, tasty jpgs and empty promises by uncle ben, every phone can run that - but please in landscape format only.
Seeing the outrageous amounts spent on f2p titles, it also gives you easy access to recruit naggers and teach them easy ways to max out daddies credit card for the 'verse.

If Chris had tried to do Galaxy on Fire 3 maybe he could have pulled it off... Nahh--he'd have wavy armed that to death too...

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/citizens/15673-This-Week-In-Star-Citizen

I suspect this is going to be when they formally push back 3.0 and announce 2.7. Hold on to your butts.

Who cares what they call it its the same work.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

2017 is certainly in full swing. In Los Angeles, we’ve been hosting a number of folks from studios around the world in our traditional “beginning-of-the-year” summits where we plot out many of the project milestones for the year.

What milestones? The ones they completely missed last year or the ones from the year before, and the ones before the year before the year before it?

Star Citizen : The Year After Tomorrow.

:negative:

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Who cares what they call it its the same work.

hi surfacedetail :wave:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/821161463888957442

There's confirmation of this out there but like last time not linking it, not even if moma wants to bet on it this time. Also not mentioning his name as shitizens going to be real mad at the number of people leaving.
soooo...how many??

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

5 pm in LA. No weekly schedule yet. :toot:

You obviously don't understand the CIG development model. They love working there under Chris so much it would be IMPOSSIBLE to go home at 5 p.m.!

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Gremlich is a lovely person and basically what I think of when hearing the term shitizen.

There are people I'll feel bad for when Mr Croberts wild ride finally comes and they realize all their money was stolen so Chris could play director and Sandi could pretend to be an actress but on that day I will take joy in Gremlich's dreams being dead.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Samizdata posted:

You obviously don't understand the CIG development model. They love working there under Chris so much it would be IMPOSSIBLE to go home at 5 p.m.!

The weekly schedule has been out. Congrats on clowning yourself yet again.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TrustmeImLegit posted:

The weekly schedule has been out. Congrats on clowning yourself yet again.

I didn't care about the exact status of the drat schedule. I was making fun of all the people that are convinced all sorts of organizations give Chris/CIG free products and services, because they are SO impressed with him.

Totally missed the point of the snark. And people say I am :spergin:...

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
It seemed like it'd be easier and more ethical to just type "yea my bad didn't see it I'll be sure to do my homework next time" instead of digging a hole another 6 feet and making yourself look like a horse's rear end.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
hey hey, be chill. no need to get mad about internet spaceship preorders

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

TrustmeImLegit posted:

It seemed like it'd be easier and more ethical to just type "yea my bad didn't see it I'll be sure to do my homework next time" instead of digging a hole another 6 feet and making yourself look like a horse's rear end.

We are posting in a thread about a lovely non game that will never be delivered. We are all horses asses here.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Right. Keep telling yourself how awesome you are. As no one else (except maybe Mommy and the rest of the Citizenry) ever will.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Gremlich and Erillion will kill themselves when SC doesnt come out. Calling it.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Goobs posted:

I think Beer called it 2 years ago. I used to feel bad for the die hard whales. Now I feel they have been sufficiently warned. I hope they find the help they need. Seems like even if the game was delivered as promised, it still won't live up to their dreams and they melt down.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Goobs posted:

http://www.mygremlich.com/about/

AMD FX-8350 CPU based desktop computer (liquid cooled and OC'd), GTX 970 4GB SSC, 16GB 1600 RAM, Windows OS 7 Pro 64-bit

it's not like he can play it anyway.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Goobs posted:

This is legit sad if true and I really hope it's not the case.

On another topic, I just finished Pillars of Eternity, which is certified Good poo poo. Ya'll should play that game if you haven't played that game because it is a good game to play and Durance is my spirit animal.

On to Tyranny now. And I hope Torment gets released by the time I finish. But probably won't because I'm a terd that blazes through video games.

Basically what I'm saying is I'm a content locust.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Eldragon posted:

We are posting in a thread about a lovely non game that will never be delivered. We are all horses asses here.

Yes, but we're right. Asses, but right.

It's important. Or something.

Phil doesn't want you to worry. Don't let Phil down.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

I asked for their roadmap to the 100 system universe to see if they would be willing to address concerns, but was promptly shuttled off to their CS team. After the initial "are you sure you want a refund? Wait for 2.6 first!" email, CIG was very courteous and professional.

For me, the moment of realization was the Star Marine delay/cancellation. "Weeks out," regular status updates, surprise cancellation. Once they lose credibility, it's over. Instead of regaining trust, they doubled down on dreams instead.

Contingency fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 17, 2017

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Contingency posted:

I asked for their roadmap to the 100 system universe to see if they would be willing to address concerns, but was promptly shuttled off to their CS team. After the initial "are you sure you want a refund? Wait for 2.6 first!" email, CIG was very courteous and professional.

For me, the moment of realization was the Star Marine delay/cancellation. "Weeks out," regular status updates, surprise cancellation. Once they lose credibility, it's over. Instead of regaining trust, they doubled down on dreams instead.

o8 commando

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eldragon posted:

I think Beer called it 2 years ago. I used to feel bad for the die hard whales. Now I feel they have been sufficiently warned. I hope they find the help they need. Seems like even if the game was delivered as promised, it still won't live up to their dreams and they melt down.

I don't want anyone to hurt themselves over this stupid scam, but vulnerable people are usually the easiest to con.

Also I broke my toe this evening while trying to get my dogs inside. First time I ever broke a bone. It hurts like an unholy motherfucker but hopefully I can buddy splint it and avoid a trip to the ER.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

TrustmeImLegit posted:

At least you dropped the gimmick. I assume this is a new one though.

Can't you just be yourself? This is just a thread on some random forum. There is nothing magical about being here.

I felt they had actually stopped the full on surveillance ages ago. I think and I hope this is just a coincidence.

ManofManyAliases posted:

You idiot: They're required to release that information on going public. Yes - they lost 618k on your poo poo-rear end release and were desperate to begin recuperating. You spent so much in development up to that point and couldn't produce, so they compelled you to do so. Talk about revisionist history: every word you said is documented in those google groups: internet archives can be a bitch, but you see, facts aren't hard. Lies are.

Oh, so at least we can be certain you are someone heavily active on /r/DerekSmart. For others, they are the one that uses semi-colons heavily. Sorry if this is old news. Sorry for doxxing.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nah - Smarty doesn't win. I just rustle his Jimmies every now and then to keep his old man ticker going. It's all in good fun. But yeah, he's not right - ever.

He owned you so hard. Or you self-owned. I am not too sure. How did you internalise this? What do you say to yourself to make this okay?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ash1138 posted:

soooo...how many??

I'm going to guess 14. One for each day of the next two weeks.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Contingency posted:

Congrats, friend. I hope the next thing you spend this money on will have more value to you. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't want anyone to hurt themselves over this stupid scam, but vulnerable people are usually the easiest to con.

Also I broke my toe this evening while trying to get my dogs inside. First time I ever broke a bone. It hurts like an unholy motherfucker but hopefully I can buddy splint it and avoid a trip to the ER.

Whoa! Sorry to hear that. :(

I hope your toe heals. Most people I know who break ties tend to lose the full range of motion in the joints. Kinda tiny bones and stuff. I hope you recover fast and with full motion. :(

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Splint4TheBeerGod

e: sorry about your toe, hoss. I know that's a righteous bummer.

e2: that's him in the crutches

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 17, 2017

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Did you get x-ray? I broke my toe two years ago and at first I thought I would be fine too. Turned out I needed surgery and now I have five screws in it.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Romes128 posted:

http://www.mygremlich.com/about/

AMD FX-8350 CPU based desktop computer (liquid cooled and OC'd), GTX 970 4GB SSC, 16GB 1600 RAM, Windows OS 7 Pro 64-bit

it's not like he can play it anyway.
He felt he had to put that up on his website? That's hardly a cutting edge platform, the FX-8350 sits between i5's and i7's in terms of performance. A stock i7-4790k would poo poo all over that thing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tarquinn posted:

Did you get x-ray? I broke my toe two years ago and at first I thought I would be fine too. Turned out I needed surgery and now I have five screws in it.

I may get it x-rayed tomorrow. Apparently "awkwardly bent" is one of the things you check if you should seek medical attention.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Geez you hate Robert's head that much do ya?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

CrazyTolradi posted:

He felt he had to put that up on his website? That's hardly a cutting edge platform, the FX-8350 sits between i5's and i7's in terms of performance. A stock i7-4790k would poo poo all over that thing.

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/816041838008299520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

no_recall posted:

What milestones? The ones they completely missed last year or the ones from the year before, and the ones before the year before the year before it?
I hope for more sloppy Gantt charts.

Kosumo posted:

Star Citizen: Where the only fun is in refund
Hey, I see it too! So , it was there all along.