Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/820729780068761600

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
almost as bad as the Sounders logo

almost

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Tzen posted:

off topic but,
Did you just make this in Photoshop or something? Or is this a tool in google maps that I don't know about?

Open Google Maps > Right Click > Measure Distance

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rivers and Bosa will be on Kimmel Tuesday night talking about the move

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

Rivers and Bosa will be on Kimmel Tuesday night talking about the move

the 10 remaining charges fans in southern california quiver with anticipation

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

FCKGW posted:

Open Google Maps > Right Click > Measure Distance
Ah poo poo this rules. Thanks

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That one makes the "L" in "LA" even harder to see, I think most people were being facetious about the official logo looking like "44" but that one definitely looks like "4A"

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Chinatown posted:

Can't wait for them to get booed on tv

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chinatown posted:

Oh nice the move to LA doubled the fan base.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I hope that this coming season is the year all of the teams change cities.

The New Orleans Dolphins and Salt Lake Saints are ready for action.

Personally, I will become a fan of my state cat, the Bengal, when they too move to Salt Lake and become the Salt Lake Bengals.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I hope that this coming season is the year all of the teams change cities.

The New Orleans Dolphins and Salt Lake Saints are ready for action.

Personally, I will become a fan of my state cat, the Bengal, when they too move to Salt Lake and become the Salt Lake Bengals.

The Saints vs the Bengals can be the new Deseret War

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I like it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Oh nice the move to LA doubled the fan base.

I think I read that 25% of the chargers fanbase is in Orange County but I don't think even they would support the move

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FCKGW posted:

I think I read that 25% of the chargers fanbase is in Orange County but I don't think even they would support the move

That was a bogus number that Dean Spanos kept throwing out last year

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Figures. I knew one chargers fan when I lived in Orange County and that was because he lived in SD for 10 years.

It's all Angels/Ducks country as far as sports teams go.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So Rivers will just retire probably. The right move. Bosa should have kept holding out.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

So Rivers will just retire probably. The right move. Bosa should have kept holding out.

Rivers is going to play until the end of his contract, and Bosa holding out would have been really dumb

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is getting some traction.

http://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/17/los-angeles-chargers-trade-rumors-philip-rivers/

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

It really isn't. Check the update at the bottom.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Saw that after I posted.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Miko posted:

Charger fan living in Canada checking in. What am I supposed to like/hate right now?

I'm not privy to these west coast dynamics and local eateries/strip joints.

Switch to the Packers! Closer to Canada, with great cheese and brats and football!

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I watched a Packers game trying to be a fan and they won in the final moments, so I'm conflicted. That's not supposed to happen, is it?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bacon Taco posted:

Switch to the Packers! Closer to Canada, with great cheese and brats and football!

Counterpoint all your fellow fans are drunk hunters who love Trump

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Rivers to SF is some idiot midlevel front office executive for the 49ers grand scheme to move up or something.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It definitely would not be a smart decision for Rivers to go to one of the few teams that is run worse than the Chargers.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
CBS will air all the Chargers games as normal in San Diego

:downsa:

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005
Is there a media outlet or personality outside of the commissioners office that thinks the Chargers move to LA is a good idea?

It seems to me that it's been universally panned (for good reason) and I can't figure out how the NFL or anyone else could think that this would help the long term success of the league.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Knucklebear posted:

Is there a media outlet or personality outside of the commissioners office that thinks the Chargers move to LA is a good idea?

It seems to me that it's been universally panned (for good reason) and I can't figure out how the NFL or anyone else could think that this would help the long term success of the league.

The commissioner's office thinks it's a stupid decision too

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If Rivers wants a ring, he probably should choose Houston or Denver.

shirts and skins posted:

:same: When I went to WWU there was a place down the street named Super Teryaki, mismatched furniture and bare linoleum floors but delicious cheap teryaki chicken. County closed it down after it was cited for more health code violations than the kitchen at the county jail. Quietly reopened as Super Duper Teryaki, new furniture and a slightly different menu. Not. As. Good.

I used to live right at the corner by Ken's and Super Teriyaki when I was at WWU. There was a few days I had to go on a liquid diet, and the moment I went off of it, I ordered some Katsu from Super Teriyaki. That meal ranks in the top 5 of most amazing meals of my life.

The first place I moved to after college was Everett, right by where that bikini barista scandal broke.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Knucklebear posted:

Forbes, in calculating the value of the team.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/katdoc12/status/821447479602376704

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

plz play this at my funeral

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

seiferguy posted:

I could see the Chiefs being really dangerous with Rivers at QB also.. great TE, a good wideout in Maclin, an okay running game and a great defense. They'd be a solid O-line starter or two away from being the best team in the AFC.

But if he was traded, Houston or Arizona make the most sense to me.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Hahaha

Is that Eisen? His oh my gosh is perfect :lol:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

the best part is that they arent playing in either of those cities

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zero chance KC trades for Rivers.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Pretty much.. they're committed to Smith. Isn't KC up against the cap too?

As stupid as the Chargers are I don't think they'd offload Rivers to a division rival.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Reid is doubling down hard on supporting Alex Smith. The cap is an issue as well especially after Eric Berry gets paid.

KC has had like 30 years of super stubborn coaches when it comes to their QBs which is why KC hasn't developed a QB in like forty years. The last time they really tried was Brody Croyle. There is no future for us. We could have drafted Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers but instead were just fine with Matt Cassel and a concussed old Trent Green.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

seiferguy posted:

Can Houston afford him with not-Brock Lesnar at QB?

Also, gently caress that poo poo. :colbert: Houston doesn't deserve nice things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Houston is one of the few teams Rivers might accept a trade to

• Locked thread