Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I have definitely heard of these players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I have definitely heard of these players

Whenever a Brazilian moves leagues I go and check to see if it was "that" Brazilian.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't think swansea signing a norwich defender is likely to help either team but its happened

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He's almost certainly better than Taylor, who's getting linked with loads of clubs in the papers today because his scumbag agent has realised he's done at this club.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

If zaza had played 3 more times for West Ham they'd have had to sign him for £20m

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Jose posted:

If zaza had played 3 more times for West Ham they'd have had to sign him for £20m

that's why we've had a 16 year old forward on the bench all month

it's also why fletcher played loads of games despite clearly not being good enough

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

done deal

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
rip Demichelis, Messi murdered you and then you were decent until you aged out of Pep's harem

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://mobile.twitter.com/FCINTERofficial/status/821317105614254082

Might as well close the window. The best deal has already happened.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

MrBling posted:

Cover for right back, I guess? He's super old.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

MrBling posted:

Let us inter tain you.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

blue footed boobie posted:

Cover for right back, I guess? He's super old.

Its a team in Finland, maybe he could start?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

pik_d posted:

Its a team in Finland, maybe he could start?

Brainfart. I saw "West Hamia" and just assumed he had signed for West Ham. Nothing to see here.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

blue footed boobie posted:

Brainfart. I saw "West Hamia" and just assumed he had signed for West Ham. Nothing to see here.

It was just listing some notable clubs he's played for previously. This is funny though

quote:

His loan with Real Madrid was underwhelming.[14] He missed training when he mistakenly thought he had the day off,[15] and was pictured asleep on the bench during Real Madrid's match against Villarreal.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/821389849164992513

someone put sassassin on suicide watch.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

sassassin posted:

He's almost certainly better than Taylor, who's getting linked with loads of clubs in the papers today because his scumbag agent has realised he's done at this club.

Olsson is probably the best false 3 outside of Germany

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

MrBling posted:

Can he take the league where Freddy Adu failed miserably by storm?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I HOPE LITTLE TRAORE DOES NOT GO TO THE CHELS sorry caps

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

pik_d posted:

His loan with Real Madrid was underwhelming.[14] He missed training when he mistakenly thought he had the day off,[15] and was pictured asleep on the bench during Real Madrid's match against Villarreal.

That whole thing was bizarre, especially since it was like some weird cover or done at the same time as the Cristiano Ronaldo transfer but I can't recall the reasoning behind it?

Also :wtc:, France:

quote:

Faubert made his debut for France on 16 August 2006 against Bosnia and Herzegovina. He wore the number 10 shirt, the first player to do so for France since the retirement of Zinedine Zidane.[33] He marked his first match by scoring in the final minute of the game to ensure France won 2–1. Despite never receiving another call-up since then, Faubert has frequently stated his desire to return to the international scene with France.[34]

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

I like Tiny Tom. He's okay.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Bape Culture posted:

I HOPE LITTLE TRAORE DOES NOT GO TO THE CHELS sorry caps

he's a good boy he should stay at boro.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Already prepping for the Championship, I see

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Speaking of transfers and fun, this is an amazing article.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jan/17/west-ham-strikers-david-sullivan-gold-simone-zaza-scott-hogan

quote:

West Ham would be wise to pause and consider a statistic that should make David Sullivan and David Gold wince. In the seven years since the pair bought the club, West Ham have completed 32 deals for new strikers for four different managers and the numbers make for grim reading. Between them those players have managed 128 goals in 643 games.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Gold and Sullivan are a pair of chancers and the fact they think they can manage a football club is still hilarious even though I support the club

I mean they publically dissed Bony and after that worked so well, did the same to charlie austin. And put Martin o'Neill off by leaking the deal through Sully Jr.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

This stat is incorrect. I worked it out for myself and it's 131 goals in 639 games.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Pissflaps posted:

This stat is incorrect. I worked it out for myself and it's 131 goals in 639 games.

132, you forgot about when the fella with the haircut did that thing.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Paging mackintosh to this thread. Gent want to buy Odjidja, but I've read an article that Legia will never ever let him go because everyone loves him over there and he's apparently playing very good. Confirm/deny?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

shut up blegum posted:

Paging mackintosh to this thread. Gent want to buy Odjidja, but I've read an article that Legia will never ever let him go because everyone loves him over there and he's apparently playing very good. Confirm/deny?

He was always injured at Norwich hope this helps

Arquebus
Feb 19, 2013
'An undisclosed Chinese club' missed the memo about the AFC foreigner slot being removed and is apparently going to sign Milos Degenek of 1860 Munich/managing to look routinely outclassed at rightback against Thailand/the guy who IIRC made the cross that Dier turned into his own net that one time fame.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

shut up blegum posted:

Deny. We'll let him go if the price is right. The owners are locked in a financial dispute in an attempt to wrestle control over the club, and irrespective of how it is resolved, they'll need the money.

To lose him would be a huge blow, as we've already offloaded three key players, but, again, as long as the offer is attractive, he will be let go.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Reading have officially signed Ilori and hell, I'm glad because we are in desperate need of a centre back

McCleary signed a contract until 2020 yesterday which is also good news itpo

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
bamford to boro is a D O N E D E A L http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-fc-patrick-bamford-chelsea-3524570.aspx

idk why we signed him but maybe he'll become a good footballer again

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Thank god we've bought someone who's a less good Jordan Rhodes for more money than we're going to get for Jordan Rhodes haha

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Memphis to Lyon is a done deal.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

oliwan posted:

This isn't true. Mods

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bape Culture posted:

Thank god we've bought someone who's a less good Jordan Rhodes for more money than we're going to get for Jordan Rhodes haha

This is good poo poo.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Bape Culture posted:

same

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

oliwan posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Imagine making this mistake in 2017 smh

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
BBC:

quote:

Manchester United have agreed a deal to sell Memphis Depay to French club Lyon.

It is thought the fee is £16m rising to £21.7m, with the add-ons including Lyon qualifying for the Champions League and Depay getting a new contract.

This is fantastic. We are recouping all or nearly all we paid for him (€31m including bonuses, worth around £20m upfront at the time)

:woop: :woop: :woop: We are getting rid of a truly useless shithead and Man Utd are no longer Bad At Selling :woop: :woop: :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

PirateBob posted:

:woop: :woop: :woop: We are getting rid of a truly useless shithead and Man Utd are no longer Bad At Selling :woop: :woop: :woop:

They sold him for half of what they bought him for two years ago...

• Locked thread