Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

McSpankWich posted:

I was going to ask if they stealth reduced the rates actually, I saw like 8 of them the first three days of the event, and 0 the past two days.

Same, I had 6. Nothing since 4AM yesterday. I'm pretty sure it got stealth nerfed. My conspiracy theory is that they hosed up the Doublecorn when the event went live but could only fix the amount of phantoms it dropped on day one. (3000 to 1000). But I also believe the spawn rate was too high but they couldn't fix it till day 2.

:gumi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sakurafubuki done cooking.

3 more in the oven before she attains her (close) to final form.

Gaff: bracer
Karl: seal of destruction
Cecil: excal

After that I've got room for one more materia. I heard that if next weeks banner is Type0 part two, one of the TMs has an ATK +20, that I'll probably burn tickets for.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

After that I've got room for one more materia. I heard that if next weeks banner is Type0 part two, one of the TMs has an ATK +20, that I'll probably burn tickets for.

If the second Type-0 banner hits, Cinque is who you'd be gunning for (+20% ATK/+20% DEF).

Queen's TMR is +30% ATK/+20% HP, but lol base 5.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So did we ever get clarification on whether pots are a set number of pots, or if it's a stat value?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Nuebot posted:

So did we ever get clarification on whether pots are a set number of pots, or if it's a stat value?

It's always been a stat value. It's listed on Reddit for the individual units in brackets by the stats.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Victis posted:

It's always been a stat value. It's listed on Reddit for the individual units in brackets by the stats.

Oh, cool. Well my exdeath is maxed out on magic then, good to know I didn't gently caress up by using mini pots. Now to wait for Orlandu so I can dump all these ATK pots on something good.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think Doublicorn rates are just people having confirmation bias issues, I got 3 on my last five runs.

Also I still haven't pulled an FFT0 character despite making use of every daily half pull and 4 tickets. Kinda getting annoyed about it.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
ditto, no TYPE ZEROOOOOO characters but ive gotten doublicorn few times.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I am also type-0 less but that's fine because I'd rather pull from next week's banner than this one.

I did get a second Gaffgarion today so that's nice. Finally having two bracers will at last push me into the 700 attack bracket with Lightning.

Currently working on getting Letters and Arms #3, and Excalibur #2. Once those are done I think it's time to send in the Kefkas to the treadmill and knock out 4 ribbons and Tilith's TM because this petrification BS in the arena is obviously never going away.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jan 17, 2017

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

Currently working on getting Letters and Arms #3, and Excalibur #2. Once those are done I think it's time to send in the Kefkas to the treadmill and knock out 4 ribbons and Tilith's TM because this petrification BS in the arena is obviously never going away.

I was sad in my sadparts for not beelining to every +ATK TM, but those two ribbons I farmed up have come in handy quite a lot. A Gold Anklet or Gold Bracelet are standard equipment for every other member of my arena team.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I actually haven't really run into any stone meta teams in the past two weeks. Kind of weird. I'm sure it will make a resurgence if they ban multi-hit attacks again

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In my quest for bonus units I've managed to pull 2 gold crystals and they both were Vanille. Wrong banner jerks!

Also I must be having brain issues because I wiped zero times on ELT the first 3 days and about 4 times in the last 24 hours.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Are you ready to touch it?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

that 6* ariana sprite is SUPER CUTE

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gonna add Gilbert to my TM farm team.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Why? You can't DW harps, and her unique mic is better anyway. I ASSUME it also counts as an instrument for the purposes of the TM, otherwise that's dumb

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Gonna add Gilbert to my TM farm team.

I look forward to the theorycraft once we know more.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I meant it as a joke.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Well, we know Ariana is gonna be a magic-based unit and apparently deal lightning and dark damage.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

McSpankWich posted:

Why? You can't DW harps

drat, cause her TM was gonna match up perfectly on a 6* Firion

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Sweet jesus, farming for unique awakening mats and crafting mats.

Hold on to your lapis boys, it's going to be a long week.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

I assume we're not getting a second type-0 banner if it hasn't been announced by now, no? Ariana is all we're getting?

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Palleon posted:

Hey, I got my first Rainbow crystal since the first Lightning banner! Is it finally my time for something good? Don't get your hopes up Palleon, but maybe it's something usable and new...

gently caress my life.

This guy is weirdly prolific and awful. Three of my last four dailies have been Sazh (thankfully not rainbows sweet jesus I would quit).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shmtur posted:

I assume we're not getting a second type-0 banner if it hasn't been announced by now, no? Ariana is all we're getting?

I think there's still a chance. I'm pretty sure that during the FF13 event, the week 2 banner advertisement didn't get posted till Wednesday. The Ariana event doesn't have a banner associated with it. If we don't hear anything tomorrow, then it's probably not gonna happen.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Keep in mind there aren't any skills for sale in the event shop for a 2nd banner of type-0 units.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

werent hope and fangs stuff not for sale until they hit the 13 banner? i feel like they weren't but i honestly can't for sure remember

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Pretty sure they were there from the start, and we knew they were coming, but the game pretended they didn't exist until their banner dropped.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
It would suck to have 2 weeks of this terrible banner.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Twisted Eye posted:

drat, cause her TM was gonna match up perfectly on a 6* Firion

I bet if you put Kaiser Knuckles and Dream Harp on Firion, plus Ariana's TM and some snow belts, it would work really well with his innates. Perhaps someone could theorycraft this for us.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

werent hope and fangs stuff not for sale until they hit the 13 banner? i feel like they weren't but i honestly can't for sure remember

IIRC, they were datamined from the client before the 2nd half dropped but I could be mis-remembering.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Mrit SA posted:

It would suck to have 2 weeks of this terrible banner.

If you check the event listing, this banner is in fact for two weeks. So that means there's another terrible Type-0 banner just waiting to delay Orlandu for another couple weeks. Hopefully, if we're lucky they'll change the summons BEFORE Orlandu comes, but I'm betting they won't because they'll let the whales waste their money getting lovely rainbows on Orlandu first.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

The summon system change doesn't really change the chances of pulling Orlandu on banner though. If you pull a rainbow currently it's a 50% chance that it's the current on banner 5*, or one of the many 5* capable characters in the game. The change would make it so that you'd have a 50% chance for Orlandu and a 50% chance for a 5* base. Which IS better, but doesn't change your odds of getting TG Cid, just makes it so your NOT TG Cid Rainbows won't be poo poo.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

McSpankWich posted:

The summon system change doesn't really change the chances of pulling Orlandu on banner though. If you pull a rainbow currently it's a 50% chance that it's the current on banner 5*, or one of the many 5* capable characters in the game. The change would make it so that you'd have a 50% chance for Orlandu and a 50% chance for a 5* base. Which IS better, but doesn't change your odds of getting TG Cid, just makes it so your NOT TG Cid Rainbows won't be poo poo.

Tell that to Palleon and his 5* Sahz.

That's one thing I'll miss is the rollercoaster ride of emotions when I pull a 5* Celes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah being guaranteed a base 5* is infinitely better than having a 5* that turns into a poo poo base 3 unit.

ANY base 5 will be better than the vast majority of other non base 5s with some very rare exception and those exceptions usually require very specific conditions where they'll be strong.

e-Of the two rainbows I've had, one was a base 4 and the other was a base 3. Agrias and Zidane. Both are good for different reasons, but I'd trade them for pretty much any rainbow unit because I already have 3 other agrias and 2 other zidanes.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 17, 2017

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

I bet if you put Kaiser Knuckles and Dream Harp on Firion, plus Ariana's TM and some snow belts, it would work really well with his innates. Perhaps someone could theorycraft this for us.

If you could dual wield with harps then this might be good. However you cannot.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Is Sazh any "good" with that gear event gun?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I don't want no Arena Grande or whoever it is. All I want is Tactics characters. Is that too much to ask????

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

McSpankWich posted:

Why? You can't DW harps, and her unique mic is better anyway. I ASSUME it also counts as an instrument for the purposes of the TM, otherwise that's dumb

Are you familiar with Gumi? Because I can totally see them screwing up and not making it count...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

If the second Type-0 banner hits, Cinque is who you'd be gunning for (+20% ATK/+20% DEF).

Queen's TMR is +30% ATK/+20% HP, but lol base 5.

Looking forward to seeing the whales on my friends list slot some of Queen's TMRs and jacking up their attack even further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hagie posted:

Is Sazh any "good" with that gear event gun?

Sazh is only good if you have a dire need for a full breaker which right now no one should have because loving Rain 6* is out

• Locked thread