Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I started painting the internal frame of the pg strike gundam and it's so tempting to just detail the hell out of it, despite the fact thar the armor will be covering most of it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

muike posted:

Gundam Desert Storm
Enduring Freedom Gundam

Hearts and Minds Gundam

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED Gundam

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Hearts and Minds Gundam

Didn't Setsuna fly that?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
BTF has released their add-on for RG Astray Red Frame, complete with two swords and the tactical arms: http://www.gundammodelcenter.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=172

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

What kits, if any, would work for a Dark Suit or Light Suit paintjob?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Bloody Pom posted:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Bloody Pom posted:

the gundam mk 2's already got you covered :v:

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 17, 2017

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bloody Pom posted:

If you took the Age-1 Spallow but gave it the shoulders of the Age-1 Titus(along with the head of an Adele), that would work for a light suit. As for Dark Suit, I can't think of any kit that has anything resembling the Dark Suit's shoulders.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

It's more that NAOKI is a bad and boring designer who isn't even considerate enough to be bad in an interesting and mockable way

It all makes sense.

Kousaka Yuuma is NAOKI.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Guy Goodbody posted:

But it's not all bad news!

Buying the hell out of this :allears:

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Uh, isn't the whole Super Fumina thing whatshisname's deal? Sakai Minato?
:goonsay:

e: Or wait. Did we confuse the man himself, the bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, Meijin Kawaguchi III, with loving Yuuma somewhere?

I remember way too much of Try. Someone make it go away.

Zwingley fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 17, 2017

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Is that a gundam modeled after the character or the actual character?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It's a gunpla modelled after a character that the modeler has an unrequited crush on. Yes, it's exactly as creepy and uncomfortable as it sounds.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 376 days!

TaurusOxford posted:

Still need to do some touching up and topcoating, but Barbatos Samus is finally complete:

1/100 Barbatos Lupus is a fun build. Despite me throwing off its balance with that giant arm cannon, it stands super stable and the joints are solid.

Edit: Should really look into some third party hands though - that holding hand makes for a terrible fist...

:eyepop: Neat, where'd that arm cannon come from?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a shame that Super Fumina came out just before they started doing the multi-color eye pieces for those bust models

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Have been lurking in this thread for a while (mostly because I've got most of the modelling/painting threads bookmarked), but appear to have slipped a little. This arrived today;

Now I've never assembled a plamo per se, so this is a bit of a first, although it doesn't look that bad, at least with a touch of google translate for the manual. Pretty much all snap-fit, and nothing horrifically fiddly. Anything I should be aware of (aside from painting the inner frame first, before assembling armour and clear pieces, that is)?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

tenderjerk posted:

:eyepop: Neat, where'd that arm cannon come from?

I used the Eraser Head weapon that came with my SRC ChoRyuJIn.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I wish Bandai would sell specific parts separately, as in Gouf heads, Titus' shoulders and Unicorn's psycommu shields. Whenever I look for system weapon parts they're all usually out of stock so there's obviously a market for spare customization parts.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Ka0 posted:

I wish Bandai would sell specific parts separately, as in Gouf heads, Titus' shoulders and Unicorn's psycommu shields. Whenever I look for system weapon parts they're all usually out of stock so there's obviously a market for spare customization parts.

My desire is for parts to be dispensed in a candy-store fashion and priced by weight. "What the gently caress do i do with 30 EWAC-Zack heads" is a problem I would like to have.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Triggerhappypilot posted:

My desire is for parts to be dispensed in a candy-store fashion and priced by weight. "What the gently caress do i do with 30 EWAC-Zack heads" is a problem I would like to have.

They come in little capsules that you get out of a machine like the ones that give out candy in grocery stores.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Hell yes, gachapon parts dispensers. Or something like the pick-a-brick section you see in LEGO stores.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

I want to put the Over Flag head on everything

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Ka0 posted:

Obviously they need a "print my abomination" button in the next Gundam Breaker that delivers the horrible mashup of SEED grunts, the Zaku Tank, and the Beargguy you've always dreamed of right to your door.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

In my perfect world, everything has the crabbutt fuel tanks and wing binders off the Nightingale. And ZZ's head mounted mega particle cannon. And as many micro missile pods and gatlings as you can fit into it.

Edit: Oh and those front skirts with the manipulator arms. And shield boosters, can't forget shield boosters.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

In my perfect world, everything has the crabbutt fuel tanks and wing binders off the Nightingale. And ZZ's head mounted mega particle cannon. And as many micro missile pods and gatlings as you can fit into it.

Edit: Oh and those front skirts with the manipulator arms. And shield boosters, can't forget shield boosters.

So basically a Neo Zeong mashed with a Ford assembly plant?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm thinking more Dendrobium has a hatebaby with the Deep Striker and the Hazel is involved somehow.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I just saw that you can get a SD version of the Tiefsturmer.

It's so goddamn cute.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I'm taking another stab at selling some models.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805992

If I still don't get any takers, I don't know, maybe I'll just donate them to Value Village or something.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Someone with the Plamax Gipsy Danger or Cherno Alpha, post details on your builds.

I've cleared my queue of stuff for my Cherno Alpha build for a friend and I'm crazy curious to know how it all goes together, and how much we're talking in seam filling, panel lining, etc.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

MJP posted:

Someone with the Plamax Gipsy Danger or Cherno Alpha, post details on your builds.

I've cleared my queue of stuff for my Cherno Alpha build for a friend and I'm crazy curious to know how it all goes together, and how much we're talking in seam filling, panel lining, etc.

Well, I'll be starting soon. First plamo, although not the first modelling kit I've dealt with by far; so far looks entirely snap-fit, and that's all I have for you. Not sure about panel lining - I'll be painting the whole thing anyway, and most of the armour plates are in individual sections - not many panels per se. Will try to keep some log of the process here.

EDIT: It's the Gipsy Danger kit I have

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

MJP posted:

I've got Cherno Alpha with Gipsy on the way, but I don't think I'm going to have time for them anytime soon with a baby imminent.

I can say that Cherno has a good amount of detail to at least run a wash over, and the decals are waterslides limited to markings. And I think the on off switch did the leds is in the top of the head, so you won't be able to seal all that together. It didn't look like the seams will be bad on the kit at all from a cursory glance.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2017/01/hg-1144-atlas-gundam-release-info.html

Okay, on its own, the Atlas doesn't look that bad. Kind of an interesting concept if it were just a prototype that hadn't had its outer armour attached yet.

But then they have to go and put it on a drat space surf board.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2017/01/hg-1144-atlas-gundam-release-info.html

Okay, on its own, the Atlas doesn't look that bad. Kind of an interesting concept if it were just a prototype that hadn't had its outer armour attached yet.

But then they have to go and put it on a drat space surf board.

Yeah, they take a good, interesting concept, and then they put it on a transforming space surfboard shield, and then it becomes awesome

shame about all those stickers

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

How are all the yellow bits going to be done. Can't be all stickers or it will look like rear end.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wibbleman posted:

How are all the yellow bits going to be done. Can't be all stickers or it will look like rear end.

it's gonna be stickers

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I'm looking at the prototype of the kit and it definitely looks like all the yellow on at least the torso and arms is stickers. Looks like the upper leg and knee armor could be molded yellow parts, but that's about it.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

That looks really nice, way better than the lineart/manga version. I don't like how it looks so awkward in every action pose though, I guess not even Bandai could save that waist design.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
it looks like its wearing a diaper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

MJP posted:

schizophonic9 has reviews of both up.

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/plamax_gipsydanger.html

&

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/plamax_cherno.html