Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ron Jeremy posted:

Just s reminder that the santorums had a miscarriage at 20 weeks and slept with the dead fetus and passed it around to their kids.

...what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Covok posted:

...what?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/karen-santorum-bringing-dead-baby-home-was-way-to-grieve/
http://wonkette.com/443167/why-he-runs-rick-santorums-own-fetus-jar-story

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 17, 2017

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ron Jeremy posted:

Just s reminder that the santorums had a miscarriage at 20 weeks and slept with the dead fetus and passed it around to their kids.

Welp, no wonder Rick Jr. on the right there has a permanent 1000 yard stare going on.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Perestroika posted:

Welp, no wonder Rick Jr. on the right there has a permanent 1000 yard stare going on.

I miss the avatar someone had of that kids eye twitching.
I think it was peenworm?
ah yes here we go, thanks old avatar thingy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

And Super Meat Boy's arch-rival was created...

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So he didn't go back to building a vast movie empire that would dwarf Disney and Time Warner combined?

You astonish me.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'm excited to see how the RWM responds to Chelsea Manning getting released.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Shbobdb posted:

I'm excited to see how the RWM responds to Chelsea Manning getting released.

For one thing, they won't use that name.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

SeANMcBAY posted:

For one thing, they won't use that name.

They probably will, just because no one can remember her old one anymore.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Time for FoxNews to melt the gently caress down about Manning while supporting the pardoning of Cartwright.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Sir Tonk posted:

Time for FoxNews to melt the gently caress down about Manning while supporting the pardoning of Cartwright.

They won't mention Cartwright at all.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Ceiling fan posted:

He's a narcissist. Also, people don't like him enough on a personal level to give him money or do things for him in exchange for money.

For some reason, my phone auto- complete kept bringing up a :shrek: emote while I was typing this.

Well.. and going into a studio and saying stupid poo poo on camera a few times a week is real easy money. Lobbying is very good money, but lobbying is actual work. He would actually have to go spend time in DC, kiss rear end on the hill, and attempt to deliver actual results for clients.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Ron Jeremy posted:

Please don't do this. People do crazy, irrational poo poo in times of intense grief. It doesn't make him a freak; it makes him human. Santorum has said and done enough repugnant poo poo that you don't need to dig into a stressful moment in any family's life to get ammunition against him.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Xand_Man posted:

Please don't do this. People do crazy, irrational poo poo in times of intense grief. It doesn't make him a freak; it makes him human. Santorum has said and done enough repugnant poo poo that you don't need to dig into a stressful moment in any family's life to get ammunition against him.

Nah that's pretty hosed up.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The gently caress??

Fox News Tucker Carlson discredited...the guys claiming the protesters are being paid to their face by having the guy on and DESTROYED him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZl37py_rOQ

Wtf

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
....I don't know if that's a self-own by Tucker or..uh...

what?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Xand_Man posted:

In a vacuum I would agree with you, but judging from his past record this sounds like something he did to back up his pro-life pro-religion pro-lapse political situation.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Xand_Man posted:

It's creepy and wrong to force your children to hold a dead body.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The gently caress??

Fox News Tucker Carlson discredited...the guys claiming the protesters are being paid to their face by having the guy on and DESTROYED him

Wtf

They're worried they're going to get O'Keefe'd by the left at some point.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Keeshhound posted:

They probably will, just because no one can remember her old one anymore.

I did not realize I had forgotten until this news, actually.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Xand_Man posted:

I would agree with you in a general sense but this wasn't an irrational act of grief. It was an expression of the political value the pro-life community put on the unborn to the point they make a totem out of their deceased fetus. And then forced it on their kids.

Remember also that very little of this really has to do with the unborn at all. It's an reactionary expression of religious values to the women's rights movement. It's about policing women into "traditional" roles. And this is how far they've taken it.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
"Trump needs to lower taxes (for the 1%) and increase job opportunities" Nevermind that the former has been proven counterproductive to the latter since the whole reason there aren't jobs is because no one has enough money to spend and those that do are hoarding their wealth.

Say it with me kids: Trickle down economics is and has always been a scam to line the pockets of the 1% at the cost of the economy.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 18, 2017

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Ron Jeremy posted:

Remember also that very little of this really has to do with the unborn at all. It's an reactionary expression of religious values to the women's rights movement. It's about policing women into "traditional" roles. And this is how far they've taken it.

How many political issues in the US don't come back to white Christian men being angry and afraid about no longer being the ones always calling the shots?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

McGlockenshire posted:

How many political issues in the US don't come back to white Christian men being angry and afraid about no longer being the ones always calling the shots?

Going to hazard a guess that most of the rest come back to wealthy men going FYGM.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Chimera-gui posted:

"Trump needs to lower taxes (for the 1%) and increase job opportunities" Nevermind that the former has been proven counterproductive to the latter since the whole reason there aren't jobs is because no one has enough money to spend and those that do are hoarding their wealth.

Say it with me kids: Trickle down economics is and has always been a scam to line the pockets of the 1% at the cost of the economy.

Not only is it harmful to the economy, it's harmful to the same stupid fucks who are responsible for it. Yes, the abolishment of trickle-down economics would result in fewer liquid assets in the interim, but it would ultimately make them even richer in the long-run, especially if you're considering the value of the goods and services they can employ.

Money is like water -- it can become stagnant if it doesn't flow.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

OAquinas posted:

....I don't know if that's a self-own by Tucker or..uh...

what?

what the guy says starting at 2:25 is key

god willing this is what cable news looks like going forward, an endless parade of jokesters trolling the poo poo out of idiots

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

The gently caress??

Wtf

This was bizarre. Tucker's facial expression is priceless.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

fishmech posted:

It's just a dead body, there is nothing inherently wrong about it.

He just taught his children the wrong lesson.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

fishmech posted:

Look you can't tell a family how to grieve. When my grandmother passed we took her to a taxidermist and now she's sitting there silently judging us every Christmas by the fireplace.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

The gently caress??

Wtf

Haha this is completely nuts.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The gently caress??

Wtf

The best thing about Tucker's show is that his introductory tagline is "the enemy of smugness and groupthink" when he has possibly a more confrontationally smug show than Hannity.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishmech posted:

Many people keep urns with loved ones ashes on the mantle in the living room for years before their brat grandson knocks that poo poo over during a tantrum about Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever the gently caress.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

fishmech posted:

Counterpoint: Jayzus

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Chilichimp posted:

Many people keep urns with loved ones ashes on the mantle in the living room for years before their brat grandson knocks that poo poo over during a tantrum about Yu-Gi-Oh or whatever the gently caress.

..."their brat grandson" huh?

How many copies of Blue Eyes White Dragon do you own?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shbobdb posted:

It's just a dead body

New thread title please.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

GutBomb posted:

Nah that's pretty hosed up.

It's also kind of an indicator of what crazier pro life people believe. Since life begins at conception then a miscarried, unviable fetus is a person. Ergo we must treat it like one.

This is why those funerals for miscarriages laws come up. But yes it's pretty weird and messed up.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's also kind of an indicator of what crazier pro life people believe. Since life begins at conception then a miscarried, unviable fetus is a person. Ergo we must treat it like one.

This is why those funerals for miscarriages laws come up. But yes it's pretty weird and messed up.

I wish someone would insert a rider in those bills that forces the sponsor to attend all such funerals. If you're so concerned about the "life" lost to abortion or miscarriage that you have to require the family to mourn, you can join them in the forced mourning.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm so confused by that Tucker clip. Did he present an alt right bullshit theory, get the kook behind it on air and call him out on it, and then laugh hysterically as the guy rambled about media being dumb enough to put him on TV?

What was the goal here? Is he just proud that he correctly identified that some people on the internet are full of poo poo? Yay journalism?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

anonumos posted:

I wish someone would insert a rider in those bills that forces the sponsor to attend all such funerals. If you're so concerned about the "life" lost to abortion or miscarriage that you have to require the family to mourn, you can join them in the forced mourning.

It's extra stupid because most fertilized eggs never become people. Most miscarriages aren't even noticed because the woman's body looked at the very early formation and went "nah, no good" then got rid of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm so confused by that Tucker clip. Did he present an alt right bullshit theory, get the kook behind it on air and call him out on it, and then laugh hysterically as the guy rambled about media being dumb enough to put him on TV?

What was the goal here? Is he just proud that he correctly identified that some people on the internet are full of poo poo? Yay journalism?

Basically, he got trolled hard.