Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

comingafteryouall posted:

Sometimes single portal rooms win themselves, they shoot out one of the white floating skulls then disappear, and the skull dies since there aren't any enemies left in the room.

I'm on an Apollyon run right now where I got a library with five books on the first and second floor. Never thought I would be excited to see a library without Chaos!

Did you pick up all the books before you devoured them? There's a Bookworm transformation now. It sometimes gives you double shot but mostly it's worth it for the sweetass monocle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Spergatory posted:

Did you pick up all the books before you devoured them? There's a Bookworm transformation now. It sometimes gives you double shot but mostly it's worth it for the sweetass monocle.

Nope, guess I should have. But the first room was the one with the books locked.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
All the gripes and everything else about AB+ aside, Void is a really cool item

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I don't get why the Bible doesn't count towards Bookworm.

I mean, sure, edgy sperglord jokes can be made, but seriously, it's more common than the other books thanks to the Rosary, it should be a thing!

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Oh so that's where that monocle keeps coming from.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Looks like today's a "pick the wrong path day" for me. Immediately after the gently caress-up with Ultra Hard I went for It's the Key achievement (kill Lamb without picking up coins, bombs or hearts) and I picked up Polaroid without thinking. So that went well.

Thankfully my next attempt gave me Brimstone in the first Devil Deal so I got both It's the Key and Zip! in the same run. For anyone attempting these, Azazel is a surefire method to victory.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Edit nm

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I guess a new patch went out, so now shops have a chance of having a reroll machine in them instead of the donation machine. If you reroll, it rerolls everything. Including stuff you already bought that is now leaving a blank space.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

IUG posted:

I guess a new patch went out, so now shops have a chance of having a reroll machine in them instead of the donation machine. If you reroll, it rerolls everything. Including stuff you already bought that is now leaving a blank space.

This is because entity stacking was fixed, which is a very significant bugfix. You know that secret room with the flashing floor, a bunch of pickups, and mom's hand? That stuff is supposed to choose from a list of random entities, but because of the bug it always selects mom's hand. That's just one example, there could be random elements in tons of rooms and we've never seen them because this bug has been here since the release of Rebirth.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pigbuster posted:

This is because entity stacking was fixed, which is a very significant bugfix. You know that secret room with the flashing floor, a bunch of pickups, and mom's hand? That stuff is supposed to choose from a list of random entities, but because of the bug it always selects mom's hand. That's just one example, there could be random elements in tons of rooms and we've never seen them because this bug has been here since the release of Rebirth.
Wait, that's not supposed to just have a guaranteed Mom's Hand?

...everything is going to be totally different.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

That's cool, it opens up a lot of modding possibilities too.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Wait, that's not supposed to just have a guaranteed Mom's Hand?

...everything is going to be totally different.

Nope! If I remember right, it could also be an I AM ERROR guy, or... Rag-Man. :geno:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How did a bug that significant take so long to be fixed?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

They don't hire game developers.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Rag-Man is a plague in a bunch of Error rooms so now it's pretty funny seeing the lil dude in this super secret room.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

RatHat posted:

Because it was largely ignored until the mod tools came out and one of the top modders of Isaac took a dump on everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2h2IpkqSo0

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I think I just found an example. In the secret room with a bunch of greed bodies surrounding a pedestal item, surround by a gap. Now there are spikes on two of the corners, a fire in one corner, and a rock in the last corner. So I guess now there'll be a chance that you won't be able to bomb you way to it.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Whoever said Big Horn is a dodongo... can you even feed him regular bombs? Or do you have to have Dr. Fetus only to do that?

Makes him super easy and not such a damage sponge.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

IUG posted:

I think I just found an example. In the secret room with a bunch of greed bodies surrounding a pedestal item, surround by a gap. Now there are spikes on two of the corners, a fire in one corner, and a rock in the last corner. So I guess now there'll be a chance that you won't be able to bomb you way to it.
I am probably going to be super mad about it once it happens to me but I'm genuinely glad that Edmund is fixing things :shobon:

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

the popular kids posted:

Whoever said Big Horn is a dodongo... can you even feed him regular bombs? Or do you have to have Dr. Fetus only to do that?

Makes him super easy and not such a damage sponge.

Yep regular bombs work.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
You have to push them in with tears but yah you can feed him regular bombs just fine

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

RatHat posted:

I guess there's no way to know the bug is happening when you're playing the game so no players would ever report it. It only becomes apparent after a very large amount of playtime so playtesters wouldn't reasonably notice. And apparently entity stacking always worked in their debug mode so that never rang alarm bells.

I'm glad Zamiel made that video, it got a tonne of stuff fixed.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
If you have Camo Undies, dropping a bomb doesn't break stealth.

I wonder if a challenge that gave you stealth and 99 bombs without treasure rooms would be any fun.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

IMJack posted:

If you have Camo Undies, dropping a bomb doesn't break stealth.

I wonder if a challenge that gave you stealth and 99 bombs without treasure rooms would be any fun.

Neither does killing everything with orbitals. It's fantastic. Pair it with Mom's Knife or Sacrificial Dagger for the ultimate Stealth Knife Murderer experience. :black101:

Also, for the poster who asked about Spirit Sword earlier, here's a pretty cool video showing off the item and a bunch of cool synergies it has. They really went through a lot of effort to make sure the items in Antibirth actually do work together with each other and with items from base Rebirth.
https://youtu.be/gdH_WrWzQ2M

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 17, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The item that stops enemies until you fire again would work with those too.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Edit: quote and edit are too close on the mobile layout. :argh:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

This reminds me, the reroll machine in Greed/Greedier mode is fun this way. If there are no items or item pedestals on the floor, it'll create some new ones to replace them. This makes Crooked Penny amazing in Greed mode. Crooked Penny is an unlock for beating Delirium as The Keeper, unfortunately, but what it does is it has a 50/50 chance of either duplicating all the items and pickups in a room or erasing them and giving you a penny. Since you can use that penny on the reroll machine to spawn new items, as long as you can get it recharged reliably you can get a bunch of free items.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Yeah, that behavior with the Greed Mode rerolling machine is was cracked the game open for me. Use Blank Card with a Credit Card to claim all the items for sale, then bomb the reroll machine to spawn new items. The only limit is batteries to charge the Blank Card, and the fact the reroll machine eventually breaks.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Speaking of reroll machines, is there a purpose to the new secret rooms that have just a reroll machine in them?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
presumably you can spawn a pedestal item in there (beggar etc) to reroll it or... eventually blow it up for money if you have infinite bombs?

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Got Zip done, working on It's the Key and it's kinda the pits. Mostly because I'm not 100% clear on what's safe to pick up. I assume boss items are okay if it's a red heart container you gain. But like... what about items that give soul/black hearts? If you find Book of Revelations/Satanic Bible is that alright? Can you use Prayer Card or Maggy's Faith? How about Health Up pills? Or the 2 of Hearts? As long as you don't pick a heart/other item up off the floor is it safe? If you get the dollar or the 99 bombs item are you good?

Who's best for this one, anyway? Brain says Azazel since he can fly around items blocking narrow paths, but his short range means he's more likely to get hit.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jamesman posted:

Speaking of reroll machines, is there a purpose to the new secret rooms that have just a reroll machine in them?

I don't know if this is the case, but a reroll machine in a secret room that D4ed you would be pretty cool. I guess it wouldn't be all that different from the 1 dice room though.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

ChibiSoma posted:

Got Zip done, working on It's the Key and it's kinda the pits. Mostly because I'm not 100% clear on what's safe to pick up. I assume boss items are okay if it's a red heart container you gain. But like... what about items that give soul/black hearts? If you find Book of Revelations/Satanic Bible is that alright? Can you use Prayer Card or Maggy's Faith? How about Health Up pills? Or the 2 of Hearts? As long as you don't pick a heart/other item up off the floor is it safe? If you get the dollar or the 99 bombs item are you good?

Who's best for this one, anyway? Brain says Azazel since he can fly around items blocking narrow paths, but his short range means he's more likely to get hit.

My understanding is that bomb, coins, and heart pickups need to be avoided, but any items that passively increase them is fine. At the very least, I watched someone complete the achievement by taking health gains and devil deals which passively added black/soul hearts, so that is definitely safe.

Someone in the thread suggested using the G0NE S00N seed, which causes ALL items (including pedestal items and chests) to despawn after a few seconds of entering a room, to prevent your path from being blocked. It's not a bad idea, but just be aware of the timer, and the fact that you still need to be aware of the poo poo on the ground while it's still there.

Azazel's mobility and starting brim are helpful like you said. Maybe The Lost is a possibility too on account of being able to avoid all health altogether and free devil deals, but you'd need lots of luck.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BJPaskoff posted:

This reminds me, the reroll machine in Greed/Greedier mode is fun this way. If there are no items or item pedestals on the floor, it'll create some new ones to replace them. This makes Crooked Penny amazing in Greed mode. Crooked Penny is an unlock for beating Delirium as The Keeper, unfortunately, but what it does is it has a 50/50 chance of either duplicating all the items and pickups in a room or erasing them and giving you a penny. Since you can use that penny on the reroll machine to spawn new items, as long as you can get it recharged reliably you can get a bunch of free items.

Welp guess I'm gonna be doing a Keeper Delirium run now.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Spergatory posted:

Neither does killing everything with orbitals. It's fantastic. Pair it with Mom's Knife or Sacrificial Dagger for the ultimate Stealth Knife Murderer experience. :black101:

Also, for the poster who asked about Spirit Sword earlier, here's a pretty cool video showing off the item and a bunch of cool synergies it has. They really went through a lot of effort to make sure the items in Antibirth actually do work together with each other and with items from base Rebirth.
https://youtu.be/gdH_WrWzQ2M

Holy poo poo the sword plus technology is a lightsabre. Antibirth rules.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I only have a meager 80 hours in this game so forgive me if this is obvious, what mod are people using to display Isaac's stats and items on the screen in game?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Axetrain posted:

I only have a meager 80 hours in this game so forgive me if this is obvious, what mod are people using to display Isaac's stats and items on the screen in game?

Look in the options and change around the HUD options. Took me forever to find it too!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Axetrain posted:

If you don't have Afterbirth+, there are a couple of mods out there that implement it for you.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh does negative luck STILL not work correctly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

RatHat posted:

Uh does negative luck STILL not work correctly?

In Flash Isaac? I believe it never got fixed, even with the Eternal Edition.

It works properly in Rebirth.