Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

well maybe YOUR FAKE, fakeman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

sinking belle posted:

i'd watch Sea Hags: The Movie

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I would say that shooting someone just for knocking on your door is a bit unrealistic, but then there was 2016

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

poo poo is weird enough that can't we pretend it's true?

Couldn't you say reality is fake? Are we even real? Is any of this real..........

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RatHat posted:

I would say that shooting someone just for knocking on your door is a bit unrealistic, but then there was 2016

Maybe she just watched Season 3 Episode 13 of Breaking Bad

limp_cheese posted:

Couldn't you say reality is fake? Are we even real? Is any of this real..........

I'm gonna refer to the section of the OP stating that "it's all in good fun"

Like, I will call out an obvious fake myself if I feel I need to or if it's just begging to be called out, but once the discussion in the thread turns into how fake which confessions may or may not be it gets super boring so I'd rather not dwell on it.

quote:

The heater in my bathroom is broken and it's blasting a constant stream of powerful heat directly into the bowl of my toilet, so when I wipe my rear end it's like I'm striking deep into the jungle of the 'Nam to wipe out the brown Gook menace.

that got a little uncomfortably racial near the end there

quote:

Cheating goon from however many pages ago here. My neighbor keeps hitting me up for sex again and I'll probably do it. She isn't particularly attractive but she's willing so I guess I'll probably do it again. Sex with my wife is actually pretty good, but I dunno, getting some variety is actually turning out to be pretty nice. Neighbor is married too but I think she is feeling the same way. Is this an addiction or is it just normal to want some variety?

Also MILF Hunter goon, I have a weird tendency to do that too except I don't go trolling for them on POF or Tinder. I just have a lot of friends, some who are older women and they like to have sex with me so *shrug* go for it I guess? I'm not particularly attractive or in shape, but they all say I'm good in bed so I tend to believe the mass feedback I get from them. Its just weird to me that these older women tend to come on to me and I guess I'm subconsciously receptive to it or somehow have "flags" up that say to hit on me, despite being married with children and a family that they know about or even know personally. I get that older single (or not so single) people have sex drives so I can't blame them, its just weird how I keep finding myself in that position. I'm not totally complaining though either I guess.

I can't remember which cheating goon this is, there have been so many

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

RatHat posted:

Man, I know of a guy who jumped out of a closet to prank his cousin, and his cousin shot him dead. A lot of people who have guns conjure up scenarios and reasons to use them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:aaa:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
nair is just napalm for the rear end hair

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

This is legit an amazing movie. If you have any Irish ancestry (or are actually Irish) it's a neat way to learn about Irish mythology.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Putty posted:

well maybe YOUR FAKE, fakeman!

limp_cheese posted:

no its true

i'm the fake one
empty all my life, like death

time to return to the world I belong in

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Man, I know of a guy who jumped out of a closet to prank his cousin, and his cousin shot him dead. A lot of people who have guns conjure up scenarios and reasons to use them.

Lol remember that time Oscar Prestarious or whatever his name was murdered the poo poo outta his girlfriend while she was in the bathroom and then was all "I thought she was a robber!"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Then he cried like a big gay baby in court when he got convicted lmbo

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

no its true

i'm the fake one
empty all my life, like death

time to return to the world I belong in

My non-anonymous confession is when I was in Germany I was watching TV and a commercial came on that was men beating baby seals to death set to Yakkity Sax. I have no idea what the commercial was about and was never able to find it again but I laughed so hard I cried. Every time I see a seal I think of that commercial and chuckle to myself.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

limp_cheese posted:

My non-anonymous confession is when I was in Germany I was watching TV and a commercial came on that was men beating baby seals to death set to Yakkity Sax. I have no idea what the commercial was about and was never able to find it again but I laughed so hard I cried. Every time I see a seal I think of that commercial and chuckle to myself.

How proud you must be.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This is a very good movie. My non-anonymous confession is that I as a grown man have watched this movie twice.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Song of the Sea chat: if you enjoyed it, make sure to check out The Secret of Kells too :3:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Secret of Kells has been sitting in my to watch list on Netflix for years.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme

Fitzy Fitz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDuntaEJaKg

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Kind of a "If you have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail" sort of a thing.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Indolent Bastard posted:

Kind of a "If you have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail" sort of a thing.

"If you have a gun, every brown(ish) person looks like a murderous criminal"

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hey now, not every gun owner is racist. Some of them are simply cowards.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

A few weeks ago my boyfriend of 2 years spoke to my mom and asked if he could marry me. I found out about it because my boyfriend is not very smart and did this on the phone in the room next to me.

I have since started re-evaluating things and I'm not sure if I want to marry him.

He works 3 minimum wage jobs, and I love him for doing this to provide for us. But he'll sometimes work for 20 hours straight, then sleep the entire next day. I have a hectic work schedule myself and we end up only being awake together 5-6 hours a week, despite living together.

Despite this, we cannot seem to save up money. We both want a house together, since we're currently living with his extended family. Mom, dad, sister, sister's kid, and grandma. It's not ideal at all and we currently live in the basement. Which flooded this past week. We have furnished it as best we can, but we're still living in a slightly mildewy basement.

My boyfriend is also not the most motivated guy alive, but I would chalk that up more to his work schedule. He's exhausted when he gets home and usually is happy just to relax with video games. When I see him, he stops the games and we hang out and either go to dinner, or a movie, or whatever.

I discussed everything with my sisters and they told me to follow my heart. I'm also conflicted because both of my sisters are in relationships and they don't seem to have these doubts. My older sister recently moved in with her boyfriend and they're discussing marriage. My younger sister just started seeing a guy, so it's too early to say anything bad there.

I just worry about the future because, as it stands now, we would be living paycheck to paycheck and I don't think we could afford to have a kid. But one of my dreams is to raise a family.

I mean, you sound a little judgey considering you're right there in that basement with him, but your current lifestyle does sound unsustainable. Talk to him about possible changes you could make (move somewhere else? Night school? Just plain better job searching?) but I don't think it's worth dumping him over unless he seems completely unwilling to change things up.

But that extends to you too. Remember, it's not the 19th century up in here. You can make changes in your life too. Don't put it all on him. You didn't really mention whether either of you has an irresponsible spending problem or a drug addiction or whatever, so it's kind of hard for me to say it's All His Fault. He's just a dude trying to get by, as far as I know.

quote:

A neighbor on my cul-de-sac worked really hard this election cycle to get Donald Trump elected. And lo and behold, our county voted Republican and we helped elect a reality TV star/misogynistic muppet to the White House.

That family then proceeded to constantly spam facebook with posts like "Sorry Obama, you can keep your change" and weird political cartoons with Trump as a skinny guy doing cool stuff while Hillary falls over. This has been going on since the election, and it's now late January. I blocked them on facebook and thought I was safe. Then they proceeded to use Red, White, and Blue lights for Christmas and put a Trump/Santa figure in the yard, with a sack full of presents that are labelled things like "The wall" and "Immigration reform" and "More jobs". I just ignored this, too.

Earlier in the week I was out walking my dog and, in an act of being a good neighbor, said hi to them. I am a white male, however I do really enjoy tanning and even have a tanning bed in my house. I like having a tan all year round and, trust me, I hear jokes about it from my coworkers already and just laugh them off.

Anyway, I say hi to the neighbors and they start talking about the inauguration. Out of nowhere, their son who's about 10 says "Are you a muslim?" I say no and he responds "mom and dad you were wrong, I guess he can still live here!".

There were so many problems there (apparently dark skin instantly makes you a muslim) that I just started walking off. Since then they have left letters in my mailbox apologizing. These just made it worse, since they included phrases like "Even if you were Muslim we would welcome you to the neighborhood" (I've lived here 10 years longer than they have) and "We believe in equal rights as long as you don't act uppity" and best of all, a rambling paragraph about how America is a country founded in the image of Jesus and should strive to share that message with the world. Cool stuff.

Sorry for the backstory, here's the confession. They mentioned in a letter that they are going to the inauguration on Friday. I'm going to stage my own peaceful protest. When they get home, there will be a delicious basket of food sitting on their porch. All Middle Eastern cuisine. I hope they call the bomb squad lol.

I see no problem with this :)

The tanning thing is particularly ironic considering Trump himself obviously uses bronzer

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Honey why is there a tub of Sabra hummus and a bag of pita chips on our porch?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Broke girl: it's time to approach this like an adult. Figure out what you need, how much it will cost, and how much you (as a couple) need to make to be able to afford that. Then make a plan for how to get there. Is your plan realistic? If not, what can you cut back? Now you know what your life will probably be like in the future. Is that something you can live with? If it isn't, it may involve making some hard choices.

Tan muslim: maybe just don't antagonize your racist neighbors and try to minimize contact. Accept that they are assholes and move on with your life.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I don't understand the logistics of living with family and still not being able to save money.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The question of where exactly all the money is going is kind of an important one, yeah

I was expecting something along the lines of "all his money goes to paying off his old gambling debts" or "he just can't stop buying expensive champagne and spraying it all over the place to cover up the mildew smell" but instead it's just "we live rent-free and my boyfriend exhausts himself working three jobs, should I dump him y/n"

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I don't understand the logistics of living with family and still not being able to save money, while working 4+ jobs between them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No kids, no rent, 4+ incomes... Something doesn't add up.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
spend less on candles

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Technically anon didn't say whether she has a job herself, but honestly even if she doesn't, 3 minimum-wage jobs should still be enough to save up some money if you have literally no living expenses unless someone is spending too fast for whatever reason. We're missing an important detail.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Squashing Machine posted:

spend less on candles

no

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

loquacius posted:

Technically anon didn't say whether she has a job herself, but honestly even if she doesn't, 3 minimum-wage jobs should still be enough to save up some money if you have literally no living expenses unless someone is spending too fast for whatever reason. We're missing an important detail.

My money is on her having strong "traditional" values and doesn't think she should have to work. If that's the case she's probably also the one spending the most money.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

loquacius posted:

She said she "has a pretty hectic work schedule" but didn't specify what that means. I assume that work is at a job, but it could be digging holes in the yard idk.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

If you're not paying rent and have 4 sources of income, what the gently caress are you doing? I'm guessing the confessor is frivolously spending on dumb poo poo like fast food and video games, considering her bf is working literally all the time. And yet she's blaming him, lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

She said she "has a pretty hectic work schedule" but didn't specify what that means. I assume that work is at a job, but it could be digging holes in the yard idk.

Ah yeah she did, missed that part

bradzilla posted:

If you're not paying rent and have 4 sources of income, what the gently caress are you doing? I'm guessing the confessor is frivolously spending on dumb poo poo like fast food and video games, considering her bf is working literally all the time. And yet she's blaming him, lmao

We know he plays video games, but that's not necessarily a huge expense. Everybody plays video games. If you're not paying rent, the amount of money you'd need to be throwing at steam sales every week to cancel out three minimum-wage jobs kind of boggles the mind. That's why I didn't think of it as a possibility for our mystery money-sink.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

bradzilla posted:

Sounds like patreon time for anon goon.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Have sex with your racist neighbours

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

loquacius posted:

We know he plays video games, but that's not necessarily a huge expense. Everybody plays video games. If you're not paying rent, the amount of money you'd need to be throwing at steam sales every week to cancel out three minimum-wage jobs kind of boggles the mind. That's why I didn't think of it as a possibility for our mystery money-sink.

Now I want to reread that thread about the goon who blew thousands of dollars on a gaming rig while his house literally fell apart around him and his family.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nothing wrong with following your heart. Just realize if things don't get better that it was your decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pearnicious posted:

My money is on her having strong "traditional" values and doesn't think she should have to work. If that's the case she's probably also the one spending the most money.
She's a stay at someone else's home mom with no kids.