Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I hope the Chargers make the playoffs and get a home game one of these first two years at the small field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/821506644559310848

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

corn on the cop posted:

Arash Markazi

@ArashMarkazi

I was told the Chargers will never use this logo again. It will go down as the shortest-lived logo in sports history.

Wonder how much they paid for it

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
the chargers got shook

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Everyone should use it out of spite

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Agreed.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The small stadium might be accidentally loving radical

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
San Diego Companies Refuse to Move Chargers to L.A.
Movers are vowing not to assist the team in its relocation

As of Sunday night 22 movers based in San Diego had vowed not to move the Chargers north and more are expected to sign on in the coming days. An email is being sent to as many movers as Charles can think of.

“It’s almost like the last line of defense. We were making this last statement of loyalty to the SAN DIEGO Chargers,” said Charles.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/sports/San-Diego-Companies-Refuse-to-Move-Chargers-to-LA-410785025.html#ixzz4VsjwCgWc

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Pay me. gently caress it I'll help them move.

They're gonna get there regardless so I might as well make a buck in the process.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That sounds like scab talk to me.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

You know how many times they must have said to him "remember, don't say San Diego, don't say San Diego!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q6rndPvFcI

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The small stadium might be accidentally loving radical

They're gonna charge extra for an "intimate experience"

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Wait wait wait wait whoa hold the phone....LA has two football teams now? This is ok?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

CBS will air all the Chargers games as normal in San Diego

:downsa:

if the chargers don't sell out the 6,000 seats in la, is there a blackout in san diego?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Gatts posted:

Wait wait wait wait whoa hold the phone....LA has two football teams now? This is ok?

No, it's not. Please call your congressman/congresswoman and get this stopped.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Volkerball posted:

if the chargers don't sell out the 6,000 seats in la, is there a blackout in san diego?
No, because the draconian rule is a 100 mile radius from the stadium for the blackout rule to apply (which no longer exists). SanD to Carson is like ~106 miles as the crow flies. When the Bolts were in SanD LA was a secondary market so while they were forced to show the game, when it became a laffer the LA market flipped to something else. It usually happened before halftime. Now we are stuck with the Chargers on CBS and the Rams on FOX from beginning to end.

Oi vey!

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Robnoxious posted:

Now we are stuck with the Chargers on CBS and the Rams on FOX from beginning to end.

Oi vey!

Hahaha holy poo poo

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Moxie posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo
Oh but it gets worse.
If let's say the Rams are playing back East in the morning window and the Bolts play at home in the afternoon window, no other game on another channel can air against it.

IE - Double headers are now null and void in LA unless one team plays on Thursday or SNF or Monday or bye week or both teams are at home where they compete against each other.

I'm betting the NFL will never schedule the latter to happen.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 18, 2017

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Robnoxious posted:

Oh but it gets worse.
If let's say the Rams are playing back East in the morning window and the Bolts play at home in the afternoon window, no other game on another channel can air against it.

IE - Double headers are now null and void in LA unless one team plays on Thursday or SNF or Monday or bye week or both teams are at home where they compete against each other.

Well at least one or both teams will have a London game I assume

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
No wonder viewership is down

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

If Rivers wants a ring, he probably should choose Houston or Denver.

I used to live right at the corner by Ken's and Super Teriyaki when I was at WWU. There was a few days I had to go on a liquid diet, and the moment I went off of it, I ordered some Katsu from Super Teriyaki. That meal ranks in the top 5 of most amazing meals of my life.

The first place I moved to after college was Everett, right by where that bikini barista scandal broke.

gently caress yeah, what up fellow South Campus dude. Three lovely years on 21st and 23rd streets. Christ do I miss those sunsets. And that teryaki. I may be homesick/hungry.

I am loving the mental image of the Chargers having to rent every Penske and U-Haul truck they can find to move their own asses to live with the loving Galaxy. Jesus this is bleak.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
They won't have too much trouble, Mayflower is still in business after all.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Konstantin posted:

They won't have too much trouble, Mayflower is still in business after all.

They're quite experienced dealing with lovely team moves too!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Robnoxious posted:

Oh but it gets worse.

it's kinda like what the bay area has been going through for years

at least in new york there can be early home games (which obviously means somebody plays on the road)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Robnoxious posted:

No, because the draconian rule is a 100 mile radius from the stadium for the blackout rule to apply (which no longer exists). SanD to Carson is like ~106 miles as the crow flies. When the Bolts were in SanD LA was a secondary market so while they were forced to show the game, when it became a laffer the LA market flipped to something else. It usually happened before halftime. Now we are stuck with the Chargers on CBS and the Rams on FOX from beginning to end.

Oi vey!

Is this what happens for Jets/Giants games?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yes. It sucks.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

kiimo posted:

Reid is doubling down hard on supporting Alex Smith. The cap is an issue as well especially after Eric Berry gets paid.

KC has had like 30 years of super stubborn coaches when it comes to their QBs which is why KC hasn't developed a QB in like forty years. The last time they really tried was Brody Croyle. There is no future for us. We could have drafted Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers but instead were just fine with Matt Cassel and a concussed old Trent Green.

Eric Berry will count as $0 against the Chief's cap when he signs with another team this offseason.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Robnoxious posted:

Oi vey!

It's like living in the Bay Area where we get back to back lovely games from the 49ers and Raiders. Well, this year the Raiders played well, but I still hold the white hot hatred of a thousand suns toward them, so it hurts to get force fed a Raider game every Sunday.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Better than the days where we raider fans were blacked out.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The best solution here is to move the Giants to San Diego and Chargers to New York since New York is already used to this.

Some concept art for logo designer to work with:

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 18, 2017

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Bacon Taco posted:

Well, this year the Raiders played well, but I still hold the white hot hatred of a thousand suns toward them, so it hurts to get force fed a Raider game every Sunday.

:hfive:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
John Spanos kept taking shots at Qualcomm's video replay board in the press conference to introduce Anthony Lynn.

Despite, yknow, SDSU offering numerous times to help them upgrade and replace Qualcomm's ancient and outdated video boards and the Chargers declining multiple times.

Good God I loving hate the Spanoses

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

a neat cape posted:

Good God I loving hate the Spanoses

Spani?

Spaneese?

What would be a collective term, a douchebag of Spanos?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My inside sources tell me that "Spanos" is Greek for "poo poo"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Spani?

Spaneese?

What would be a collective term, a douchebag of Spanos?

The Spenis.

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005
A San Diego fan did what most of us wanted to do and interrupted the Chargers press conference to yell at Dean.

gently caress Dean Spanos

By most accounts the whole presser was cringe-worthy with most of it propping up Kroenke at the Chargers and Spanosses expense.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Literally TENS, TENS! of LA Chargers fans came out haha.

Plus this hero:
https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/821819913345978368

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 18, 2017

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Chinatown posted:

Plus this hero:

Hahahahaha

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The guy in the 19 jersey is basically LAfootballfan.jpeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chinatown posted:

Plus this hero:

I'm the fatty with the greasy ponytail

• Locked thread