Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You and me on launch day.

welcome, thrillho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
How are the PS4 + Xbox One selling compared to the PS3 + Xbox 360 at the same timeline?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

How are the PS4 + Xbox One selling compared to the PS3 + Xbox 360 at the same timeline?

The PS4 has been dunking on the PS3 it's entire life.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The PS4 has been dunking on the PS3 it's entire life.

And the Xbox One?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Pretty much the same as its predecessor

Spider2414
Apr 17, 2013

koolkal posted:

Pretty much the same as its predecessor

I have a feeling you might be a little biased.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When I was a kid I was deathly afraid of certain things in video games- water levels with enemies that could eat you, enemies that would seem normal one second and then become ruthless monsters as soon as I pass by etc, but scariest of all were ReDeads from OoT

I had a friend over that knew how jumpy I was and he loved to prey on it. I was nearing the third sacred treasure when he told me about what would happen to castle town if I kept playing.

"TIAG, If you keep playing Ganon blows up castle town and it fills with zombies! Worst of all the zombies scream at you and if they catch you... they rip Links face off and blood shoots everywhere! Heck if you run out of health the game has a cutscene dedicated to killing Link!"

I didn't believe him at first but once I became Adult Link and stepped out of the temple of time I realized he was telling the truth. I took one step into castle town before retreating back to the temple and saving and quitting. It would literally be months later that I braved castle town and continued playing Ocarina of Time. I don't think I ever beat it at the time as he pulled similar tricks with the Shadow Temple but it's something that sticks with me to this day as way too spooky for me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You know what would be cool? If from software's switch project was a new 3D Dot Game Heroes :)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

You know what would be cool? If from software's switch project was a new 3D Dot Game Heroes :)

My man :hfive:

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh hell yes.
So far I've seen more games I would play near launch than the life time of the WiiU. I may trade mine up.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If they did that, I might actually even get the chance to play 3D Dot Game Heroes some day!! Instead of just looking at it and going "that looks neat."

And nintendo could be all "yeah use some official nintendo poo poo or whatever idgaf"

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
The last Nintendo console I owned was N64 and I'm tired of serious grim dark garbage, so I'm very likely to buy the Switch to play some fun colorful video games.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

And the Xbox One?

I did some research.

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-sales-numbers-february-2014

Spider2414
Apr 17, 2013
By the way is there a Nintengoons Switch fanboy discord server where we can all talk about how good Zelda BoTW looks in real time? Because if so I want in.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So what time is the Fire Emblem Direct?

All my fingers and joints are crossed for a GOTY type deal with Fates for the Switch

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

All my fingers and joints are crossed for a GOTY type deal with Fates for the Switch

4pm CST.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I hope it's a new project, or a remake/port of a different FE instead.

Very little of any of Fates was all that good, and they'd have to put more effort into working on it than Nintendo is known to give to anything of that nature to make it a remotely compelling purchase.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Crawfish posted:

I hope it's a new project, or a remake/port of a different FE instead.

Very little of any of Fates was all that good, and they'd have to put more effort into working on it than Nintendo is known to give to anything of that nature to make it a remotely compelling purchase.

Conquest is one of the best srpgs ever made gameplay-wise.

Story is garbage though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I don't care much about the story in TBS games. I just want to move my mans around and have them fight. And also to breed the most superior werewolf berserker ever.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

The characters in conquest made up for the bad story, and also made dating more interesting with people like Walking Boobs Camilla.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I need more than just good gameplay to enjoy a Fire Emblem. Some characters I'd actually care about and a passable plot would be enough, but only Conquest comes close to that, and even then it barely passes the former and completely fucks up the latter.

It was a bad choice making so much of the recruitable cast just royals, retainers, and pointless kids.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I just want a multiplayer only advance wars.

Campaign is nice, but if removing it would get one released sometime this decade...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I didn't play any fire emblem games outside of sacred stones. What about conquest makes it better than the other two in that trilogy/what is it about the other two that makes them bad?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I really don't understand why Advance Wars take so long to come out. They're pretty low-effort on the design & plot.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Infinitum posted:

Tomorrow in the morning

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I didn't play any fire emblem games outside of sacred stones. What about conquest makes it better than the other two in that trilogy/what is it about the other two that makes them bad?
Conquest has harder difficulty and more interesting map gimmicks than Sacred Stones. Main driving plot beats have the potential to be interesting, but are massively dropped ball scenario's implemented stupidly.

Birthright is easier and more boring map wise than Sacred Stones. Main driving plot points are passable but pretty boring and generic. Very text book good beats bad stuff.

Revelations is harder than Birthright, easier than conquest, and is a few boring maps spread between GIMMICKS OUT THE ARSE, ALL DAY EVERYDAY. Plot is just straight up bad.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Crawfish posted:

Conquest has harder difficulty and more interesting map gimmicks than Sacred Stones. Main driving plot beats have the potential to be interesting, but are massively dropped ball scenario's implemented stupidly.

Birthright is easier and more boring map wise than Sacred Stones. Main driving plot points are passable but pretty boring and generic. Very text book good beats bad stuff.

Revelations is harder than Birthright, easier than conquest, and is a few boring maps spread between GIMMICKS OUT THE ARSE, ALL DAY EVERYDAY. Plot is just straight up bad.

Can you tell me what about the plot is bad?

I've never heard people praise fire emblem plots before, and even sacred stones was more or less just "our friend is evil now, what a shame, let's go kill him before he ruins everything" so I can't imagine what the series is like when its plots are bad.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
You forgot to mention Revelation's unit balance was so utterly hosed that at one point they dumped four new allies onto your lap who didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of surviving a single combat round with any of the enemies on that stage.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
I want Fire Emblem: Red already. Just skip the useless fucks that are monarchs and let me October Revolution this poo poo up. I'm horrible, my enemies are horrible, and a metric fuckton will die.

Russia.txt

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Reminder that you're not obligated to reply to any post you don't want to. Or if the argument is odd/designed to stir up then just reply in equal. Lets mock and be funny, my friends!

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

But goons are never funny.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
This nonmedy forum is dead and gay like the WiiU and I love them both.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

anatomi posted:

But goons are never funny.

We can be, we just need to try!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I like Advance Wars a lot more than Fire Emblem because there are too many numbers in Fire Emblem that I stop caring about anything

There's just enough numbers in Advance Wars to be interesting without so many that it becomes tedious

Thanks for reading my post

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

But maybe put Camilla in Advance Wars.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-rphn8ez3I

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna see andy from advance wars show up in smash bros some day but I guess that series stopped selling well around the time they did battalion wars or days of ruin or whatever

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

This thankfully was taken out for the western release (CEEEEENSORSHIIIIP shouts the weeabo). Although now you have a rather awkward scene where the person is on the lower screen looking at you and you look at him/her for a few seconds until you can cancel out of the screen.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In regards to the petting thing in fire emblem, is it true that half the dev team was like "gently caress yeah this is an awesome idea" and the other half was all "what's wrong with you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

FirstAidKite posted:

I wanna see andy from advance wars show up in smash bros some day but I guess that series stopped selling well around the time they did battalion wars or days of ruin or whatever

The Advance Wars character should just be a dude driving a tank with another dude riding on the front of it shooting peeps, and their Final Smash is Andy's CO power.

• Locked thread