Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I bought his gun last event because he was my only potential full breaker at the time.

But I got a Vaan now so...yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
cant wait to switch friend units to a fully decked out ariana

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cry Havoc posted:

cant wait to switch friend units to a fully decked out ariana

change your welcome message to "finally a good unit in this game full of bad anime losers"

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

i don't think it gives you that many characters of text

will think of something good

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

Superior Gaijin 3D waifu

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

change your welcome message to "finally a good unit in this game full of bad anime losers"

I'd do this to see how many pubbies drop from my list but its mostly goons in there

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Cry Havoc posted:

ride dick bicycle

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

Tipme posted:

ride dick bicycle

haha yes i was just looking at lyrics and was gonna go with this

:respek:

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'm excited for Bondage Bunny. I'm going to follow ya'll's leads here and set her as my friend unit.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
well poo poo Maintenance was early today and I totally forgot

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

FYI, there's an update in the App Store, not sure about other devices.

EDIT: The update notes mentioned a FF15 Unit Filter. What's that about?

The man called M fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jan 18, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ariana can sing, causing enemy units to target her. The implications of her skills are amusing. Anyway here's her stats/abilities:
https://reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5onsjm/gl_maintenance_quick_peek_11817/

It's...well it's an F2P unit I guess.

Also the new story update is apparently a whopping THREE dungeons long! Thank gumi!

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
so she has a taunt, but also has 2.8k health?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

HGH posted:

Ariana can sing, causing enemy units to target her. The implications of her skills are amusing. Anyway here's her stats/abilities:
https://reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5onsjm/gl_maintenance_quick_peek_11817/

It's...well it's an F2P unit I guess.

Also the new story update is apparently a whopping THREE dungeons long! Thank gumi!

It's the second half of the Japanese part 1...

Yeah, I know.

Some weird things happening with her skirt in those gifs. Is she farting continuously?

The man called M posted:

Maybe the other three chocobros will be added/nerfed. Gladio better have a Curaja reskinned to Cup Noodle.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

New App icon. Ariana will ask you to Touch It every time you want to play.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Sweet, I knew we were going to get some cool CNY event this year. 160% value bundle sounds pretty sweet.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is who is pissed off at Ariana and is trying to wreck her concert.

It's like a cross between Terra's esper form and a Pokémon.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
So, Ariana. She's not amazing, but.. if you don't have Refia? She seems quite good! +60% ATK is a lot, and it allows for some pretty neat variant team-comps if you don't have a 6* Cheer unit (or don't want to use Rain for that particular duty). Still a bit underwhelming, but she's significantly better than a base 5* for a new player, and is at least somewhat interesting to think about as a 6*.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Niton posted:

So, Ariana. She's not amazing, but.. if you don't have Refia? She seems quite good! +60% ATK is a lot, and it allows for some pretty neat variant team-comps if you don't have a 6* Cheer unit (or don't want to use Rain for that particular duty). Still a bit underwhelming, but she's significantly better than a base 5* for a new player, and is at least somewhat interesting to think about as a 6*.

I think the important part is that she's essentially a free 6* even if she's not great and comes with buffs and some non-standard elements. A new player who hasn't gotten rain up to 6* yet or didn't realize they could re-roll/didn't want to put the time and effort into re-rolling for a rainbow crystal would find her to be an incredibly useful unit until they rolled something better.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

The man called M posted:

If this is a more basic question about the game's UI, in the unit list viewer there is a sort button which allows you to sort by level, (order) obtained, rarity, etc., which also has a filter tab that allows you to filter the list to only show units from the selected games. So the update adds the FF15 filter to that tab.

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

Servers are up earlier than expected.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The app icon :allears:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

1/2 pull is Jack 3. Gonna try and field a team of Lightning, 3 Jacks, and my dualcast Refia. Put the jeweled ring on Lightning in case the last boss gets his paralyze jump off.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Beat March of the Beasts (new trial). Basically all enemies except the final boss are at least suceptable to blind, so get your fire flasks/hex strikes ready. The enemies have a ton of HP, so it's best to cripple them and slowly chip away. Terror knight (stage 7 iirc) can be raised.

White Knight Noel was super useful with the final boss. I dunno of I got lucky, but every single attack it did was single target, so he drew and tanked all of them. Ended up getting the "no allies KO" acheivement, but screw defeating Europa with an esper. Not enough patience in the world for that.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

So it seems like we're likely not getting the second Type-0 banner.

Also, you likely have to farm Nachos Grande's poo poo from her own stage, taking focus away from the Akademia grind for... an entirely seperate grind.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I always just bring along Faris to provoke the Vajra's jump, a goon noctis or Gilgamesh to lightning flask or divider the gently caress out of him. Three jacks and a seven net me around 800 doodads. Mirage best on faris nerfs the doublicorn too.

So what I'm saying is thanks goons for having swole units.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

March of the Beasts is the best fight in the game, but don't go in there without an A team. Bring lots of Elixirs and Ethers and a Noctis whale if you can. Demon Mail goes great on my Lightning.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

March of the Beasts is the best fight in the game, but don't go in there without an A team. Bring lots of Elixirs and Ethers and a Noctis whale if you can. Demon Mail goes great on my Lightning.

Noctis can't wear it, so it's wasted on my Exdeath :(.

Every once and a while once all the enemies were blinded/paralyzed I would point warp to restore MP. Really helped with making it managable.

I'm switching my friend unit back to Noctis on case anyone needs him for the trial or anything. He's not quite a member of the 800 club yet, but he's servicable.

478, 775, 190

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh I forgot to mention, when you get to the Death Knight in the fight, hit him with raise, full-life, or a Phoenix Down for an instant cheese kill.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Niton posted:

Shes actually pretty bad. Like its hard to find a spot for her when her elemental coverage is that weak and her buffs are the bard type and are only slightly better than other units buffs. With Rain 6* out and his leadership ability granting a flat 40% to both attacks and defenses for 3 turns thats good enough for most cases. Her only niche would be her LB increasing song which also provokes because sure why not a squishy unit getting targeted more often isnt a bad thing.

Global gumi is deathly afraid of releasing a unit that good.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
The app icon is Ariana Grande and I just half price pulled my third Zidane, what a great day

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We still need a thread title change, somebody with Moderator connections make it happen...

Ariana Grande presents: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, featuring her hit single Touch It

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 18, 2017

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Shes actually pretty bad. Like its hard to find a spot for her when her elemental coverage is that weak and her buffs are the bard type and are only slightly better than other units buffs. With Rain 6* out and his leadership ability granting a flat 40% to both attacks and defenses for 3 turns thats good enough for most cases. Her only niche would be her LB increasing song which also provokes because sure why not a squishy unit getting targeted more often isnt a bad thing.

Global gumi is deathly afraid of releasing a unit that good.

Strongly disagree. She's worse the more you have, but for people who are new, or who aren't super-optimized, she represents a pretty fantastic free mage. If you grind out all of her gear, she'll be around 400 MAG with another equipment slot open even with a relatively weak 1* esper. She doesn't whale out well, sure, but.. not everyone is a whale. Not everyone even has good casters, or even a full team of 6* units.

Ariana's good for all of those players, even as a stepping stone, and she's the best buffer available for one-turn kill setups. As such, i''d consider her a success, even if she's not good enough for a perfectly optimized endgame team. Her exclusive gear is what really makes her shine - you can develop her alongside another mage (Exdeath, Ace, Arc or Dark Fina) without sacrificing gear quality.

Niton fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jan 18, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
She actually has higher base MAG than ExDeath AND Dark Fina, obviously the lack of DC and spells besides Thundaga and Bioga hurt her, but she's a significant addition to a mage team. I will definitely be putting her on my Arena Thundaga Nuke team (esp since Thundaga is also the only -aga that DF learns)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
She might have her uses in Arena too, with a LB build-up buff, a 30% Sleep/Silence AoE and being a mage.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Hey, so if Ariana has a TMR, does that mean she'll get added to the pull pool? Usually the unique units (story units, magitek Terra) don't get one.

I just want to have a team of Arianas with Noctis on backup vocals in the arena that's all

Edit: I guess Maxwell is a unique unit too, and she has a TMR. Hmm

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

PaybackJack posted:

Sweet, I knew we were going to get some cool CNY event this year. 160% value bundle sounds pretty sweet.

As a value bundle exclusive money spender, I'm wondering where you saw this, cause I don't see it anywhere

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
As someone who only has a single decent mage, I will grind her and her equipment out. High base stats are important, and her MAG is crazy good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

one of the things that i am surprised by is that ariana isn't that great if you're new because she doesn't get thundaga until she's a 6*. what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I beat the trial and holy poo poo what a slog. CoD/Exdeath/Refia/Noctis/Friend Noctis. Surprise surprise Noctis twins were the MVPs. Being able to jump and restore all their MP at the end of each wave was pretty much the key. I had Exdeath dual cast meteor/osmose towards the end of each wave too, only CoD and Refia really ran out, but I just had to use a couple turbo ethers and elixirs to cover them.

Probably less of a pain in the rear end if you don't care about the 5 man mission. I recommend more physical than magic though, since osmosable MP is going to be at a premium with more than one mage

• Locked thread