Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You know that thing you do when you have been cornered by someone at a social event and you can't get away, so you try to signal "helpmeeeeee" to your friend with your eyes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Lewis is a cool dude.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Seems like a pretty normal picture with a slightly eccentric outfit idgi

Her dress is cool and she seems happy! Best of luck!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XsC8zEgZEfo

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Let he who would not wear an obnoxious watch for money cast the first stone.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

Man if that tiny bit of cord is 1.8m long that lamp is even bigger than we ever suspected.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
No the problem is that IWC makes some watches that aren't awful but he's still wearing the 46mm awful ones.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I haven't owned a watch in like a decade.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I just got my first watch at 31. It was $10USD. I often wonder if it looks "too fancy"

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Seems like a pretty normal picture with a slightly eccentric outfit idgi

Her dress is cool and she seems happy! Best of luck!

It's literally a watch advert :)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I am actually excited to see Bottas in the Mercedes as it gives us all a chance to re-calibrate our poo poo-o-meters. I had Bottas pegged at Hulkenberg level, slightly above "the Heidfeld line of mediocrity" on his day. So I'd expect Bottas to win on days where Mercedes are way ahead of the competition and Lewis has a mechanical failure of some kind. Anything more than that and I might disturbingly have to start re-assessing some of the other drivers with higher ratings which would be distressing for all of us. Imagine having to define Massa as "Not entirely garbage".

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have a wild theory that Bottas has been playing the long game and is actually fuelled by ambition and rage.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Too far worst thread.

Bottas is good and cool.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

blunt posted:

Too far worst thread.

Bottas is good and cool.

It's the Finnish Air Force roundel iirc.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Norns posted:

Bernie wishes you would stop watching formula 1.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Big news! McLaren Livery to be Orange next year!

Also Liberty shareholders voted to go ahead.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Big news! McLaren Livery to be Orange next year!

Maybe. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127780/mclaren-set-for-f1-livery-revamp

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I can't imagine them keeping the old grey design now Ron's gone.

Going to look lovely when they are on fire.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
https://twitter.com/svandoorne/status/821015221858959361

Big Stof tweeted this two days ago, if that's the actual livery it'd be hella rad.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

cgfreak posted:

https://twitter.com/svandoorne/status/821015221858959361

Big Stof tweeted this two days ago, if that's the actual livery it'd be hella rad.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/820965668174655488

Hmmmmm...

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I don't know if I'm going to notice those fiddly lines when they're racing, but it looks nice sitting still!

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

I don't know if I'm going to notice those fiddly lines when they're racing, but it looks nice sitting still!

There's a joke there about "standing still" being the natural state of the current Mclaren-Honda cars. But yes, it looks fantastic.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
So the car is called "RM50/3"? I suppose its good they removed "MP4" which was always a ron dennis thing.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gasly is headed to Super Formula. Nakajima Racing most likely. It's a Honda team.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think SF might become a dumping ground for GP2 graduates not quite ready for F1. Should help the series if anything.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

So the car is called "RM50/3"? I suppose its good they removed "MP4" which was always a ron dennis thing.

RM50/3 is a watch.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

MattD1zzl3 posted:

The RM50/3 is a hideous watch they are promoting. They confirmed a few days ago MP4 isn't going

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I guess I'll never get watches like this. How did the F1 thread turn into a watch thread anyway?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

geonetix posted:

How did the F1 thread turn into a watch thread sport anyway?

Ftfy

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Bring back cigarette adverts!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Speaking of young drivers: Italian press is full of bitching from over entitled ex-Ferarri young drivers at the moment. Sounds like arrivabene did a mass cull, but he wont hold them back oh no, there are plenty of other teams and series they can go to instead.

Not sure whining at the Ferarri team principal for calling you personally to tell you the news is the right way to go about that one lads.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

geonetix posted:

Bring back cigarette adverts!

Smoking is Cool And Good, just ask Are Rossie:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

That's Keke fam.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I wonder if any of the current drivers are vapists? That's what cool has been reduced to in the modern era

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Vaping and paddleshifting with no unreliability. What an age we live in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I wonder if any of the current drivers are vapists? That's what cool has been reduced to in the modern era

I bet they blow fat clouds whoever it is.

• Locked thread