Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

drunken officeparty posted:

I finally got prime and it just did it by itself after hitting upgrade. I thought I had to put my phone number in but I guess Valve already knows who I am??

If you already have a phone number associated with your Steam account (two-step verification, etc.) then since CSGO is a Valve-made game, it's very easy for the two things to connect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

VelociBacon posted:

Why would anyone care if gaben goes to an event?

I think there's those meme pictures about seats reserved for Valve employees at the majors always being unoccupied aka Valve hates us Valve thinks CS GO is poo poo etc that like many memes get a little out of hand

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Valve doesn't hate us. They don't think about us at all.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Who cares why would anyone be impressed by a token effort of valve to go sit in some seats

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i dont give a poo poo about that]

"we plan to work on the UI, anti cheat, bug fixes, and getting csgo to china" basically sounds pretty loving good for 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I think the fact that GabeN went to the DOTA2 major in China and he won't even go to Atlanta says a lot

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

tbf he actually plays dota. Can't expect him to care personally about all the games. And then there's the people he would have to talk to if he went there.

What I'd be happier with would be if he said was the servers are going to go 128 and prime was just the first step in getting the children, ragers, memers and general trash into their own queue so you can actually enjoy mm and don't really feel the need to go third party unless you're really very suspicious of cheating.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
China has 128 tick mm servers no joke

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
cn cs n1 na/eu cs trash

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I read thru the list of responses and saw the anticheat remark and by jove if CS:GO can rid itself of cheaters then it'll be like an end of an era

Being called a hacker after pulling off a mad ace just won't be the same anymore

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Pros never play on vac servers so good luck catching them

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Goofballs posted:

tbf he actually plays dota. Can't expect him to care personally about all the games. And then there's the people he would have to talk to if he went there.

What I'd be happier with would be if he said was the servers are going to go 128 and prime was just the first step in getting the children, ragers, memers and general trash into their own queue so you can actually enjoy mm and don't really feel the need to go third party unless you're really very suspicious of cheating.

Dota low priority queue works p. good

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Goofballs posted:

Maybe all this time when you report people for Verbal/Text abuse valve has been keeping a log. Eventually they only get put in games up with each other ala rage quitters in Marvel v Capcom 3.

For the rest of us a serene experience with GGs all round. For them every round is GGEZ and MAD CUZ BAD.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Will there be souvenir drops from the Atlanta tourny?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

VelociBacon posted:

Most likely, and with a week-long tournament, your chances are better than ever!

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Cobblestone has fallen out of favor in the current meta though :( RIP Dreamhack Cluj-Napoca's fine exhibition of Cobble-Strike B-Site Offensive

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

VelociBacon posted:

I saw that they have the cases in the data (?) from csgo stash, but who knows. Maybe 2017 will be the year they will do something different and novel with them! :roflolmao:

e: Really? I guess I have been seeing a lot of Overpass, Train and Cache now that I think about it.

Oh right Mirage. How could I forget that I hate that friggin map

nftyw fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jan 18, 2017

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

nftyw posted:

I saw that they have the cases in the data (?) from csgo stash, but who knows. Maybe 2017 will be the year they will do something different and novel with them! :roflolmao:

e: Really? I guess I have been seeing a lot of Overpass, Train and Cache now that I think about it.

I feel like I've been seeing a lot of Train, Mirage, Overpass and even a bit of Dust2 at the big events recently and not so much Cache, Cobblestone and Nuke (the latter two because everyone hates those maps).

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

canoshiz posted:

I feel like I've been seeing a lot of Train, Mirage, Overpass and even a bit of Dust2 at the big events recently and not so much Cache, Cobblestone and Nuke (the latter two because everyone hates those maps).

Haven't really watched a large event since the ECS S2 finals, but I swear Cobble is still prevalent? Been seeing a looooot of Overpass, though. Perhaps too much.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Guess I must be retarded (or just don't watch cbble matches in general). According to HLTV, the breakdown of maps played in the past 3 months at big events:

cbble: 33
nuke: 24
train: 29
mirage: 25
dust2: 24
overpass: 33
cache: 15

At least I was right about cache.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Played less often than nuke, ouch. Feels like I never see nuke getting played though.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
lmao

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
So negative ten people got it

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Audax posted:

Pros never play on vac servers so good luck catching them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir6ByYBW6e8

always and forever one of my favourite csgo moments :unsmith:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

What the gently caress are they doing

stump collector
May 28, 2007
did one of you EU guys dream this play up?

https://gyazo.com/c6b081f7fdb991f8380640303475f328

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

stump collector posted:

i dont give a poo poo about that]

"we plan to work on the UI, anti cheat, bug fixes, and getting csgo to china" basically sounds pretty loving good for 2017

i'm really hoping this includes the demoui/player, because then I might actually watch my demos

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

nftyw posted:

Oh right Mirage. How could I forget that I hate that friggin map

this is a really hosed up and hurtful thing to say about the best map in the game and series

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

this is a really hosed up and hurtful thing to say about the best map in the game and series

You misspelled Dust2.

The greatest map ever.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Depths posted:

What the gently caress are they doing

30 people working day and night, rushing to meet a milestone

de_inferno emerges after six months of toil

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

OxySnake posted:

You misspelled Dust2.

The greatest map ever.

Dust2 isn't bad but I just leave every map checked and I still only play it 9 times out of 10. Sometimes I want to play not-dust2

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Finally played again last night after a couple months of inactivity. Forgot how much fun this game was...and how bad people are, holy poo poo.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Dust2 isn't bad but I just leave every map checked and I still only play it 9 times out of 10. Sometimes I want to play not-dust2

I just wished more people played the reserve maps. I'm pretty sure you could check dust and aztec and leave the house for a medical education and come back and it would still be queued.

e: what I actually want to see is a graph that breaks down the accounts currently playing CS:GO by when CS 1.6 was installed on it. I'm curious how many current players played back then.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

VelociBacon posted:

I just wished more people played the reserve maps. I'm pretty sure you could check dust and aztec and leave the house for a medical education and come back and it would still be queued.

e: what I actually want to see is a graph that breaks down the accounts currently playing CS:GO by when CS 1.6 was installed on it. I'm curious how many current players played back then.

I have queued aztec before, and holy poo poo, there are people that only play it and are amazing at that map...

surc
Aug 17, 2004

VelociBacon posted:

Won't work, 1.6 existed years before Steam.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
1.6 specifically did not exist before Steam, it was the launch vehicle for the platform. But 1.5 and versions prior to that, sure.

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

Icept posted:

1.6 specifically did not exist before Steam, it was the launch vehicle for the platform. But 1.5 and versions prior to that, sure.

Everyone always seem to think steam launched with hl2 that fall... For those of us that were teenagers back then remember staying up past midnight awaiting the launch of steam + 1.6 and snagging that sweet low steam Id.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Don't see many 4 digs floating around these days.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Then uncheck dust2?

fyallm posted:

I have queued aztec before, and holy poo poo, there are people that only play it and are amazing at that map...

Dust1 and Aztec are bad maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Icept posted:

You are completely correct, I have poo poo memory and feel shame.