Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Jeza posted:

Don't see many 4 digs floating around these days.

I have a 6 digit, and around GN through DMG i haven't seen any other 6 digits or below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

5 digit supremacy get on my level of nerd.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

fyallm posted:

I have a 6 digit, and around GN through DMG i haven't seen any other 6 digits or below.

Same.

I could of snagged a 5 digit or lower number but I refused to get steam for a week or two after release because all my favorite servers were on 1.5.

Edit: Oh to be young and dumb and think AWPs were for newbs.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 18, 2017

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Photex posted:

Yeah OK just cause your digit is 15,000 less than mine doesn't mean you get extra rights in Trump's America comrade

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

OxySnake posted:

Same.

I could of snagged a 5 digit or lower number but I refused to get steam for a week or two after release because all my favorite servers were on 1.5.

I loved my won servers......

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

fyallm posted:

I have queued aztec before, and holy poo poo, there are people that only play it and are amazing at that map...

ehhhh if you solo queue those maps, yeah you're gonna run into those 5-stacks that only play aztec or assault or whatver, but if you queue with 3+ people you're going to wreck those kids. I queued with a few friends late night into assault, we ran into guys that were GE, but clearly only on assault, and we steamrolled the gently caress out of them.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

MF_James posted:

ehhhh if you solo queue those maps, yeah you're gonna run into those 5-stacks that only play aztec or assault or whatver, but if you queue with 3+ people you're going to wreck those kids. I queued with a few friends late night into assault, we ran into guys that were GE, but clearly only on assault, and we steamrolled the gently caress out of them.

True, but I pretty much mainly solo q because my irl friends are trash and I have to queue on a different account to even queue with them

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I once met a 2 dig Valve employee on Source. Also Sf, the French pro was was VAC'd, had a 2 dig (bought). It seems weird to think that having a 8 digit was cause for suspicion as a cheater because the account was so new. And now we're well into 9 digit IDs. But I think people care infinitely less about this sort of thing now. People check steam profiles if they're suspicious of somebody now, rather than find their ID in the console.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Jeza posted:

I once met a 2 dig Valve employee on Source. Also Sf, the French pro was was VAC'd, had a 2 dig (bought). It seems weird to think that having a 8 digit was cause for suspicion as a cheater because the account was so new. And now we're well into 9 digit IDs. But I think people care infinitely less about this sort of thing now. People check steam profiles if they're suspicious of somebody now, rather than find their ID in the console.

I sometimes ask in chat if anyone has a 6 dig or lower, and 99.9999999% of the time people say what the gently caress is that.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah a dude in casual flipped his poo poo that somebody with a 6 dig was playing casual, once like a year ago, and that is the only time in CSGO that I've seen anybody notice/care about steam ID. It's just not a thing any more.

surc fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 18, 2017

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
lol if you didn't put off getting Steam until they forcefully shut down WON

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lol if you anything at all

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Photex posted:

I had a 4 digit WONid.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ksharp?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbPXR1kXH5A

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

fyallm posted:

I have queued aztec before, and holy poo poo, there are people that only play it and are amazing at that map...

it's a pretty dead map now but believe it or not it was in the competitive league mapset for a long time...we could probably pull together 5 goons who could load it up for the first time in years and destroy anyone in the MM queue for aztec

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Holy device. :staredog:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I guess it's a tiny bit surprising Fallen is ahead of him, but they do weight team achievements. Plus Fallen was definitely crazy for a lot of the year.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Fallen built one of the best teams in the world from scratch, and managed to be one of the fastest awpers while doing so. It's pretty incredible. I hope he gets #1

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

rumor has it JW and Flusha gonna ditch GODSENT after the major and rejoin fnatic, in other news grass is green and water is wet.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Thank fuckin God that experiment is over. Now it frees up Doplan to go to NiP.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
https://twitter.com/flushaGOD/status/821807767916871688

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

Fallen built one of the best teams in the world from scratch, and managed to be one of the fastest awpers while doing so. It's pretty incredible. I hope he gets #1

It's more than likely cold is #1, but who knows.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Of course he says this, he has investors who are hoping they become legends for a return on their investment, but the reality is GODSENT doesn't work.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
i made a video with some of my shadowplay clips from january, the games are either faceit or smfc/globe mm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rJRyYuiZH0

didn't really play much at all during nov/dec so i've been trying to put in hours this month, I want to be somewhat ready for when the match season begins in feb

also gosh has it really been that much mirage

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Mirage is the go-to "well we can kinda play this" map right now. Seems to be the one map that never gets banned.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Rush (?) just knocked Splyce out of pro league and into premier in what was the worst game of overpass I have ever seen

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

Rush (?) just knocked Splyce out of pro league and into premier in what was the worst game of overpass I have ever seen

Toy is cool and good and Im glad to see him back in pro league.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

Bohemian Nights posted:

i made a video with some of my shadowplay clips from january, the games are either faceit or smfc/globe mm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rJRyYuiZH0

didn't really play much at all during nov/dec so i've been trying to put in hours this month, I want to be somewhat ready for when the match season begins in feb

also gosh has it really been that much mirage

:smithcloud:

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)

fyallm posted:

I sometimes ask in chat if anyone has a 6 dig or lower, and 99.9999999% of the time people say what the gently caress is that.

I have a 6-digit palindrome Steam ID - and I'm still poo poo at CS. I don't get it.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Aw, that's annoying! Usually copyright holders just monetize your video so that the ads go to them, it doesn't get blocked outright. Thanks for letting me know!

I think this should work to bypass the copyright claim
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxbGgbdr1ieJcVBJQ3J2d2RmdmM/view

but failing that, this is the more sloppily cut unlisted version with original voice comms intact and w/out a soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVyURmiM8yA

stump collector
May 28, 2007
what shadowplay settings and obs settings should i use to get decent quality videos like you guys

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

stump collector posted:

what shadowplay settings and obs settings should i use to get decent quality videos like you guys

These are my shadowplay settings, but I think they are pretty default

the secret to decent online video quality is proper video compression, so get a simple video editor (I use AVS, but anything should do) and select H.264/AVC, which seems to work good for youtube- otherwise you often just end up with a blurry mess, even when you upload a source file that's sharp and high definition when viewed locally

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)

Nice shots! Not a big fan of the fast-forward segments where the sound cuts out, but there are some sick site-takes in there. Thumbs up.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Lars posted:

Nice shots! Not a big fan of the fast-forward segments where the sound cuts out, but there are some sick site-takes in there. Thumbs up.

Thanks! also haha, not a fan of that myself, but 30 seconds of walking around listening for footsteps isn't amazing either. Maybe i should just do a cut and transition instead of speeding it up

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I got 3 headshot kills in 3 seconds with a USP watching long doors on dust2 without even moving my mouse just clicking and I almost had a heart attack from the excitement.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

These are my shadowplay settings, but I think they are pretty default

the secret to decent online video quality is proper video compression, so get a simple video editor (I use AVS, but anything should do) and select H.264/AVC, which seems to work good for youtube- otherwise you often just end up with a blurry mess, even when you upload a source file that's sharp and high definition when viewed locally

i just deleted my Lesser Game Titles to be able to record some sick clips on my comically small SSD

do you use the free version of AVS or :filez:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

stump collector posted:

i just deleted my Lesser Game Titles to be able to record some sick clips on my comically small SSD

do you use the free version of AVS or :filez:

I either bought mine or stole it so long ago that I suspect the statute of limitations applies, but I think they have a free trial at least

if nothing else, windows movie maker or something like it should work just fine for simple edits

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Haven't played for a while and decayed to mg1

at least I'm getting praised for incredibly average plays and it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Hadn't played matchmaking since before christmas. 5 straight games on prime with guys deciding to wait on odd angles for no reason, getting miraculous sprays through smoke and prefiring on nothing. I'm so sick of playing against shitbirds. But I hate paying subs because what if I have poo poo to do. Burning money on videogames I don't play shouldn't offend me anymore but it so does and double when its a monthly sub.