Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Slavvy posted:

People will probably poo poo on me for this but IMO the 690 and other SM-themed bikes are far too heavy and soft to be proper motards; this becomes apparent the minute you ride a big bore MX bike with motard wheels on it. The DRZ is closer to the mark but ancient and heavy as poo poo, the WR250 is closer still but the engine is way too weaksauce thanks to being a road bike with sane service intervals and poo poo.

The WR450 is literally a yzf 450 with lights, a generator and slightly more conservative gearing and engine tuning. It has like 30kg up on a 690 and the difference in handling feel you get from that is huge.

100% correct.

You don't go the 690 route for hardcore SuMo performance though - you buy it because it's the reliable, easy to live with motard that you can throw around the track, ride to work and then go around the country on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Shimrod posted:

100% correct.

You don't go the 690 route for hardcore SuMo performance though - you buy it because it's the reliable, easy to live with motard that you can throw around the track, ride to work and then go around the country on.

Yeah I know, and I can see how it'd be mind blowing if you had only ever ridden normal bikes with crap suspension and lots of weight.

I also had no idea the wr250 was such a porker, holy poo poo. I'd happily dump the liquid cooling and five extra ponies in exchange for 30 less kilos.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

Coydog posted:

It's like an abusive relationship where the sex is really good.

Quote for truth. I sold my 690 daily ride because it was annoying AF in any mood other than :catdrugs:

Miss it every day.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Ripoff posted:

I wouldn't do 800 miles a day on anything less than a Goldwing or a Road King to say the least. gently caress, even 800 miles a day in a car is borderline self-flagellation.

Stopping for gas every 2 hours might make it tolerable, but drat.

You just have to find the fun roads. If it's 800 miles of freeway, totally miserable. If it's 800 miles of mostly backroad that you can average about 65mph on effortlessly, maybe a little high speed gravel...

I also did 1500 miles in 2 days on a DRZ400SM, so I'm also probably not the best judge for this though.

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
How many miles did you average with both wheels on the ground though?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Z3n posted:

You just have to find the fun roads. If it's 800 miles of freeway, totally miserable. If it's 800 miles of mostly backroad that you can average about 65mph on effortlessly, maybe a little high speed gravel...

I also did 1500 miles in 2 days on a DRZ400SM, so I'm also probably not the best judge for this though.

And you can see on this specimen, the first recorded occurrence of callouses on the actual prostate itself...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Space Whale posted:

How many miles did you average with both wheels on the ground though?

It was a DRZ so most of them :(

Also I have earned my prostate callouses, tyvm.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol if your DRZ didn't wheelie on throttle only in first and second.

Also the SM disease is a strong one. at this point I've just accepted that I'll own a 3rd SM someday.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Z3n posted:

Sure, but you can't run 800 mile days on a WR450 without stopping to change the oil twice. The DRZ is 30 pounds heavier than the SMC, the WR250X is basically the same weight as the SMC but with about a third the HP. Like, if you don't actually ride the bike ever except for hooligan rides, you should be buying an FS570, if you want to put the miles on the bike, the extra displacement, oil capacity, counterbalancer, 6 speed gearbox, and somewhat more relaxed engine tuning (ie, not 10-20k between rebuilds) is pretty much a requirement.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?101162-690-speedo-fog-repair

This is how you fix the speedo.

A (good) supermoto isn't any cheaper to make than a modern sportbike, honestly.

Yeah, I chose the 690 because I needed a hooligan sumo that didn't need to be deafening to make lot's of power, and that I could go touring on if I so wished.

Z3n, that's what ktm did to it when Jazzzzz sent it in. I removed the epoxy blobs because I didn't know what they were for, and didn't put any back on. Clearly not a permanent fix, and I guess I'll do it anyway. Gorilla glue good enough?

UPDATE- I went to put the smaller insert in the Wings and discovered I already had the smallest insert installed. Welp. If the Akra map was already applied, wouldn't I lose the other map settings like slow/standard/sport/bad gas? The more I think about it, the more sure I am that it never stalled on the OEM exhaust.

I really do not want to put that thing back on, guyz.

Wheelies- Z3n, it will power wheelie in second if you give it a pull, but not much. Maybe with skill, a push on the bars, the right clutch up, and weight, you could get it up in 4th, but I can't imagine it.

High Protein posted:

This is the most reliable source I've been able to find on 690 tuning info, sehr gut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NLhcQJX_q0

I don't speak German :(

High Protein posted:

Yes it all depends on tuning. I see a lot of people riding the newer 690/701 with a Wings (i.e. decat) and one of the provided db killers without issues. I've also seen evidence that swapping in an open airbox lid is fine. However, the engine can't take both. Maybe the newer ones are less finicky than the older generation.

Your bike will use different ways of calculating fueling depending on rpm and throttle position. On the newer LC4s, this is o2 when idling or cruising, MAP at low vacuum and just the tables at high vacuum. These tables are by default lean at low revs and fat at high revs for emissions reasons. So if you add ill researched mods to a bike it'll run lean when you whack open the throttle, just where there's the most risk of detonation.

In any case this is what I've been able to find out, there's a lot of conflicting information out there.

In your case, instead of mapping straight away I would first go back to completely stock. I.e. verify it's got the stock map in there, put the stock pipe on. Take off the melting side panel if necessary. Then go from there.

Also if your bike has some kind of fat 'akra' map in there, that could be why the stock exhaust gets so hot. From what I understand, in general richer mixtures result in cooler exhaust gases, but running too rich makes the cat hotter.

Getting tuneECU hooked up to download the map or stock out is not something I can do in the next few weeks, unfortunately.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 17, 2017

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Coydog posted:

OVER NINE THOUSAND?! What is wrong with people. It's a dirtbike and it's priced higher than an FZ-09. The 701 could run you 15k out the door. This is highway robbery. People love supermotos, and the only thing stopping more from being sold is marketing.

I've been reading a lot about the 690/701 and given the price, which I still happily paid, it's really irksome how much they penny pinched. The 701 costs $1500 more than an FZ-09. Can't adjust the front preload (same for SD1290) without buying an addon. Can't adjust the rear preload without taking the shock out of the bike, because they used a plastic instead of metal shock collar. Can't turn off rear wheel ABS without a $100 dongle (requires a ~$200 iirc 'track pack' on the 16+ 690 Duke :rolleyes:). Standard hand guards are crap. Standard bash plate on the Enduro is crap. Not really crash proof, pedal will pierce the cases without crash bars or case savers. No ride modes on the 2017 model.

Also apparently the 4CS suspension on the Enduro model sucks.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Yeah I know, and I can see how it'd be mind blowing if you had only ever ridden normal bikes with crap suspension and lots of weight.

I've ridden a wr450 sumo and yes it's most excellent, and yes the 690 isn't a 'real' motard. It is, though, the lightest bike you can use day to day if your butt is up to the task. 6000 mile oil changes, actually enough power for the highway. Sure you can ride on the highway on a DRZ but on a 690 you can brap past cars doing 80 like it's nothing. If your butt isn't up to the task, there's always the Duke.

But yes the 690 is somewhere between actual sumos like the sxv and fauxtards like the Hypermotard and Dorsoduro. At least it's got the credibility of being based on an 'enduro' bike.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Sumos are considered niche as hell for most people as well, and because the duke exists I think it makes more sense to hedge your bets if you don't have years of bike experience to know exactly what you want. Case in point: 25 dukes for sale in Australia on bikesales versus a whopping four SMCs.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

I'm surprised there is 4 SMCs. For about 6 months after I got mine there was 0.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
121 690s for sale in Sweden right now, 31 Enduros and 56 of them Dukes. Including SM, SMR, SMC and SMC-R.

Cheapest being a 2007 SM for 3600 usd eqv.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Nidhg00670000 posted:

121 690s for sale in Sweden right now, 31 Enduros and 56 of them Dukes. Including SM, SMR, SMC and SMC-R.

Cheapest being a 2007 SM for 3600 usd eqv.

Nobody likes the Beakster.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Harley big twin primary leaks :shepicide:

Hmm yes lets have an inner and outer shaft spinning opposite directions to each other with four of the worst seals american ingenuity can devise plus a reverse thread sprocket nut that works loose and destroys everything as well as bearing races that like to go for a wander for no reason at all, also destroying everything. Solid reliable good-old-fashioned no-frills engineering, no fancy 'forethought' or 'oil tight cases here' no siree, just good ol american iron poorly slapped together by a drunken redneck.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I feel really stupid right now. I put my foot down wrong on a slushy spot at a stop sign... and fell over. I didn't even slip/slide, just... stumbled like an idiot. And the loving "folding" mirror snapped right off.

Other than that and a little surface scrape on the leading edge of the fairing that barely scratched the paint it's fine, my pride is the biggest wound. Guess I need to order a new mirror and look up how to replace it, bet it'll be a bitch and a half.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

PCOS Bill posted:

I feel really stupid right now. I put my foot down wrong on a slushy spot at a stop sign... and fell over. I didn't even slip/slide, just... stumbled like an idiot. And the loving "folding" mirror snapped right off.

Other than that and a little surface scrape on the leading edge of the fairing that barely scratched the paint it's fine, my pride is the biggest wound. Guess I need to order a new mirror and look up how to replace it, bet it'll be a bitch and a half.

Mirror replacement should literally just be unscrew it and then screw a new one in.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

builds character posted:

Mirror replacement should literally just be unscrew it and then screw a new one in.

It should be in an ideal world, but it's an FJR1300, gotta get in under the fairing to unbolt it from behind. Looks like it isn't the worst job to have to do, but a pain in the rear end in the cold without a heated garage due to inner fairing removal.

Oh well, it's going to be warmer in a few days.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
IIRC from my '07 FJR, getting to the mirror bolts is something around 4-6 allen screws to remove the two black inner fairing panels on that side of the bike. The screws are small-ish but not too bad, just make sure you don't lose the little clips that they screw into.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh, got a good look at it in the full light of day today. The fairing stay is bent at the mounting point and twisting the top edge of the fairing, cracking it slightly at the tab below the mirror mount. Guess I'll have to carefully bend it back and hope it doesn't crack the stay.

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.
Location Australia (warning; riding on the left and metric measurements incoming!). Six months ago, I crashed my blue Suzuki Bking due to getting into a bad situation and over-braking and lost the front end (combo of got unlucky & rider error/insufficiently careful).

After being jerked around by a repairer, after six months I got my bike back on Tuesday. Today I geared up and went to take the bike for a proper ride, first in six months (have kept skills up daily riding on my family's beater motard in the meantime). I left my home and headed into the hills, reaching them after twenty minutes of riding. I was on a narrow, extremely twisty 80 KP/H road with a steep hill/cliff off the road to the left, and a hill/cliff face to the right of the road. A car pulled out in front of me and started doing 40 KP/h, crossing over the double-white (DO NOT CROSS) lines willy nilly and following lazy 'boating' lines through blind corners. I kept a respectable distance from the idiot, however not enough.

Coming up to a right hand blind corner, the car disregarded the centre line and wandered over into the oncoming lane. A Firestorm came around the corner with a good line, but quickly jumped on the brakes (standing the bike up) rather than rolling on the throttle and leaning further (we've all had these instant reactions, unfortunate but understandable). Bike nearly cleared the car, but clipped the rear right quarter panel of the car, destabilising the bike causing the rider (still heavily braking) to lose the front end mid way through the (for him) hard left hander, with the rider remaining on the (for me) incoming lane and his bike flying down the road completely covering my side of the road. I was about to enter the corner and started braking as hard as I could (front and back), with the rear wheel lifting noticeably. Couldn't scrub the (tiny) speed quickly enough given his bike was sliding towards me, so I t-boned his tank at a relative speed of maybe 15 KP/H, causing both bikes to come to a halt, with me falling off unceremoniously to the side.

This was an unlucky event (again), but I did not overcome it. I feel I made the right snap decision in not veering left (down cliff) or right (into rider/incoming lane), but I should have been a) allowing more follow room to the unpredictable driver given the blind/twisty conditions, b) quicker on the brakes, and/or c) able to avoid the spinning, sliding motorcycle rather than hitting it.

gently caress.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You got home. That's the most important part of the story.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Isolationist posted:

Location Australia (warning; riding on the left and metric measurements incoming!). Six months ago, I crashed my blue Suzuki Bking due to getting into a bad situation and over-braking and lost the front end (combo of got unlucky & rider error/insufficiently careful).

After being jerked around by a repairer, after six months I got my bike back on Tuesday. Today I geared up and went to take the bike for a proper ride, first in six months (have kept skills up daily riding on my family's beater motard in the meantime). I left my home and headed into the hills, reaching them after twenty minutes of riding. I was on a narrow, extremely twisty 80 KP/H road with a steep hill/cliff off the road to the left, and a hill/cliff face to the right of the road. A car pulled out in front of me and started doing 40 KP/h, crossing over the double-white (DO NOT CROSS) lines willy nilly and following lazy 'boating' lines through blind corners. I kept a respectable distance from the idiot, however not enough.

Coming up to a right hand blind corner, the car disregarded the centre line and wandered over into the oncoming lane. A Firestorm came around the corner with a good line, but quickly jumped on the brakes (standing the bike up) rather than rolling on the throttle and leaning further (we've all had these instant reactions, unfortunate but understandable). Bike nearly cleared the car, but clipped the rear right quarter panel of the car, destabilising the bike causing the rider (still heavily braking) to lose the front end mid way through the (for him) hard left hander, with the rider remaining on the (for me) incoming lane and his bike flying down the road completely covering my side of the road. I was about to enter the corner and started braking as hard as I could (front and back), with the rear wheel lifting noticeably. Couldn't scrub the (tiny) speed quickly enough given his bike was sliding towards me, so I t-boned his tank at a relative speed of maybe 15 KP/H, causing both bikes to come to a halt, with me falling off unceremoniously to the side.

This was an unlucky event (again), but I did not overcome it. I feel I made the right snap decision in not veering left (down cliff) or right (into rider/incoming lane), but I should have been a) allowing more follow room to the unpredictable driver given the blind/twisty conditions, b) quicker on the brakes, and/or c) able to avoid the spinning, sliding motorcycle rather than hitting it.

gently caress.

This is definitely One Of Those Things but the moral of the story is never ever follow a car.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

There's sometimes where the best you can do to mitigate the risk is to slow down enough that the crash is minor. I'd say getting down to 15kph before hitting a crashing motorcycle in front of was about as good as can be expected.

What happened to the car driver? Did they stop?

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

Z3n posted:

There's sometimes where the best you can do to mitigate the risk is to slow down enough that the crash is minor. I'd say getting down to 15kph before hitting a crashing motorcycle in front of was about as good as can be expected.

What happened to the car driver? Did they stop?

Car driver stopped due to the incoming motorcyclist impacting his car. He parked and came back to the accident scene, where he started a conversation with the rider that shot me down by saying "you crossed the line and hit my car, so you need to be comprehensively insured". No concern or consideration, no situational awareness. Cops won't do anything, as the Australian system is kinda broken in that regard; you can have go-pro footage (I don't) of a car taking all kinds of incoming lane/road rage etc , and it police force do not action the.

A few weeks back I was commuting home by bike when I saw a car road rage a motorcycle for filtering past him (legal in most Australian states, grey area in south Australia); first driving forward and hitting his rear tire, then when the lights went green he caught up to and passed the motorcycle, swerving in front of him and locking his brakes causing the bike to hit him from behind. Driver drove off leaving the rider in the ground in the middle of the road. I jumped off my bike to provide first aid, move him off the road; while we were waiting for a tow truck and in the phone with the police, four witnesses showed up and provided details of both themselves as well as registration plate number of the road rager and description of the driver. When told over the phone that attempted vehicular murder had occurred and the road rage had departed the scene of the crime, but that there were full details and witnesses on-site, the police here said to drop by a police station in a few days and report it, as it was a minor traffic accident and there are no injuries. They did not attend.

Country's pretty similar to South Africa; racist and incompetent/broke. We have a veneer of authenticity, but unless you're committing a focus point/big ticket crime (speeding, 'coward punch'/king hit, other media crime de jour) our system ends up quietly mishandling and dropping cases in the back end.

Isolationist fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 12, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's great when the pigs say "oh, no injuries, so we're not going to investigate this dangerous driver of whom you have video doing something stupid and illegal" cause that way you know they just want to leave the guy on the road until he kills someone instead of actually protecting the citizens from danger

i mean when you literally have video of the guy crossing the line, and the license plate is in the shot, the least they could do is mail the guy a ticket.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sagebrush posted:

it's great when the pigs say "oh, no injuries, so we're not going to investigate this dangerous driver of whom you have video doing something stupid and illegal" cause that way you know they just want to leave the guy on the road until he kills someone instead of actually protecting the citizens from danger

i mean when you literally have video of the guy crossing the line, and the license plate is in the shot, the least they could do is mail the guy a ticket.

"Prove it was me driving."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well about half the time the guy ends up leaning out the window screaming his head off as he's trying to run the motorcyclist off the road, so, there you go?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

"Prove it was me driving."

That's where they UK system is good. Ticket goes to the owner of the vehicle. If it's not the owner driving, it's up to the owner to prove it was someone else. On the down side, you're hosed if you want to try to argue your way out of a ticket in the courts, because they won't have any of it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm cool with that. If it's your car, registered in your name, it's your responsibility. If you let your kid rack up charges on your credit card, you have to pay them off; same deal with your car.

If your claim is that your car was stolen, file a police report.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Isolationist posted:

Car driver stopped due to the incoming motorcyclist impacting his car. He parked and came back to the accident scene, where he started a conversation with the rider that shot me down by saying "you crossed the line and hit my car, so you need to be comprehensively insured". No concern or consideration, no situational awareness. Cops won't do anything, as the Australian system is kinda broken in that regard; you can have go-pro footage (I don't) of a car taking all kinds of incoming lane/road rage etc , and it police force do not action the.

A few weeks back I was commuting home by bike when I saw a car road rage a motorcycle for filtering past him (legal in most Australian states, grey area in south Australia); first driving forward and hitting his rear tire, then when the lights went green he caught up to and passed the motorcycle, swerving in front of him and locking his brakes causing the bike to hit him from behind. Driver drove off leaving the rider in the ground in the middle of the road. I jumped off my bike to provide first aid, move him off the road; while we were waiting for a tow truck and in the phone with the police, four witnesses showed up and provided details of both themselves as well as registration plate number of the road rager and description of the driver. When told over the phone that attempted vehicular murder had occurred and the road rage had departed the scene of the crime, but that there were full details and witnesses on-site, the police here said to drop by a police station in a few days and report it, as it was a minor traffic accident and there are no injuries. They did not attend.

Country's pretty similar to South Africa; racist and incompetent/broke. We have a veneer of authenticity, but unless you're committing a focus point/big ticket crime (speeding, 'coward punch'/king hit, other media crime de jour) our system ends up quietly mishandling and dropping cases in the back end.

My favorite aussie police anecdote was when recently a friend who is a manager at a sunglasses hut was told by the police to stop reporting theft from the store as it's too much paperwork to process all of it. That'd make sense if they were reporting every 300 dollar pair of sunnies nicked but they were only doing it when they had caught the person with security, and it was over a grand of merchandise stolen.

Fuckin good luck if any of your personal poo poo gets knicked because they couldn't give less of a poo poo apparently.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

NZ pig story:

Girlie's (pregnant!) work mate was driving home from work when an undercover cop car does a sudden illegal u-turn and she t-bones the car. She jumps out in a rage but the car speeds off; shortly thereafter he comes back and it turns out the driver was his wife learning to drive. In the cop car. Then he told her not to report it because if she did, she'd get some assault charges thrown at her for slapping him in a fit of rage. Sure enough she reported it and is now facing assault charges. gently caress the police. Power corrupts and the measly amount of authority bestowed upon a traffic cop is enough to turn a lot of them into raging fascists.

On the other hand:

Not an rear end in a top hat at all, just wanted to talk poo poo about bikes and policing the beach in shorts. Pulled up five minutes after I had stopped because he saw me go past a few k's earlier, looked at my license and said I seemed like a responsible guy so I was probably being safer than most of the ordinary car drivers on that road. I'd say my good cop:fucker cop encounter ratio is probably 1:4, corrected for the times I was being stupid and no cop would've been nice to me.

On the gripping hand: a given percentage of people are cunts. A larger than usual percentage of cops are cunts because of the aforementioned power tripping, the fact that the policies they're made to enforce are monstrously faulty, and the simple fact that policing as a career attracts a larger than usual percentage of cunty people.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

I find the bike cops to be the coolest at least in VIC, one let me sit on and test the weight of his bike while I asked him all number of questions about the mods(custom rearsets, exhaust, luggage etc). I'd forgotten my wallet and hence my licence and he said so no worries you're not the type of rider we're looking to book as his partner had obviously run my plate and found I have a clean licence. Didn't even breath test me or check my bike was roadworthy.

Highway patrol in cars however are total pricks and will find the tiniest fault with whatever vehicle you're operating and proceed to issue a laundry list of tickets even if you're just minding your own business.

That said when I ride I go remote and rarely see cops and if I do they're either bikes who I will stop for even if I'm being a bit of a hoon(usually get a stern talking to and nothing else) or blokes in Patrols or Land Cruisers who couldn't chase me down if they tried, so I'm off into the distance.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I've been lucky. Of the two times I've been pulled over, I was let off, and both cops were nice. Even when I passed a tow truck at 75 in a 25 :haw:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My experience has been as follows:

Cop in a sedan - Probably going to be polite, maybe a little cold as the walk up to you, but if you're friendly they'll warm up quick. Writes warnings because it's less work than showing up in court.

Cop in an SUV - Likely to be a dick, probably has a good sense of humor if you get them chatting. You're probably getting a ticket, but it'll be less than the full stack they could slap you with if you were friendly.

Cop on a motorcycle - Just eat a bullet before they get to you to make it less terrible. They're nasty and want nothing but to ruin your day. They will inspect your vehicle bumper to bumper to see if they can find something to ding you for before they even come to talk to you, and if they can't then you're just getting a ticket for exactly what you got pulled over for, don't try being nice because they'll just tell you to stuff it.

Cop on a bicycle - Duuude, just don't do it again man, come on, we're all buds here man, here's a friendly slap on the shoulder, we're all good come on let's get a smile on together.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Sheriff's office: here's a ticket now gently caress off

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

Isolationist posted:

All of these incidents in QLD would have been chased up and prosecuted.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
So sometime between last night and this morning my shifter return spring decided to break. Commuting was just a loving blast this morning. New bits from the 05+ SV's should be here on the 20th but the bike is still my only set of wheels. I'm interested in how much the shift feel is going to change, BARF and SVrider folks seem pretty pleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Soooo, do you have chunks of spring and/or spring boss floating in your crank case?