Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/SonyPictures/status/821784679388852225

Unmature
May 9, 2008

You know there's gonna be a "Number one" joke.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Thread took a turn and I don't need eyes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Sir Patrick Stewart, we have a role for you!" "Hm, well, I don't know, I'm a bit strapped for ti" "Sir Stewart, we want you to be a talking piece of poo poo." "... Where do I sign?"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Am I loving prescient or what

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

For those of you who haven't seen the video that gif is from...

https://youtu.be/clLqaaGJJZ8

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't ask John Waters to voice the poop. I'm sure he would have jumped at the opportunity.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't ask John Waters to voice the poop. I'm sure he would have jumped at the opportunity.

And it ends with him being eaten by Divine

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The Emoji Movie will be the Pink Flamingos of our time.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Samuel Clemens posted:

The Emoji Movie will be the Pink Flamingos of our time.

Don't you dare insult Pink Flamingos like that.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Oh, and in non-💩-related news:

https://twitter.com/SonyPictures/status/821789490263900160

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Are they actually making an animated movie for movie theaters? Holy poo poo. It's too bad he won't be a real person. SOny is Dreamworks, right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I knew this movie was happening, but it being a Miles story is a nice rumor to get confirmed.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

How are there two animated biopics of Donald Trump coming out this year???

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Oh yeah! Michel Gagne mentioned that he was working on this as well as the MLP movie.
http://www.gagneint.com/Final%20site/Whatsnew/archive/2016/07_Jul/22.html

Really happy that guy is getting more work these days.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I am super hyped.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I don't really care about Spiderman all that much to be honest but I'll watch literally anything those two do

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Can't wait for the crossover.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
https://youtu.be/UHaKc-fpPcA

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I can't understand any of that, but I saw a short insert of Ping Pong, an amazing anime with a dope as gently caress artstyle. I'm assuming it's the same studio who made that so it could be cool. The art style isn't as raw or compelling, but I still like it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Drifter posted:

I can't understand any of that, but I saw a short insert of Ping Pong, an amazing anime with a dope as gently caress artstyle. I'm assuming it's the same studio who made that so it could be cool. The art style isn't as raw or compelling, but I still like it.

They're both by Masaaki Yuasa, the most consistently good anime director alive.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Have you seen Ponyo?

Have you seen Ponyo on :420: weeeeeeed :420:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

gently caress yeah! gently caress yeah! Yuasa is good!

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Drifter posted:

Are they actually making an animated movie for movie theaters? Holy poo poo. It's too bad he won't be a real person. SOny is Dreamworks, right?

nope, Sony is just Sony Pictures Animation, so Hotel Transylvania, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and

uh

The Emoji Movie

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I wonder if The Emoji Movie will end with a dance party where the main characters raaaaaaaap.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

I wonder if The Emoji Movie will end with a dance party where the main characters raaaaaaaap.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaance paaaarrttyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Sony has a good track record for the actual animation. The plots? A bit more shaky.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Sony has a good track record for the actual animation. The plots? A bit more shaky.

Yeah, but this is Lord and Miller. They were the guys who did Cloudy 1 and LEGO Movie, I trust them.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I like Patrick Stewart and all, but I wonder, is there any role he will say no to?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
... well, now I've seen everything.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

From what I read, one of his bigger regrets is not being able to take the role of Jafar, because TNG kept him too busy.

Imagining Jafar not being voiced by Jonathan Freeman, and the idea just feels so utterly foreign to me...

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

He would be almost an entirely different character.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh my god is it going to be villainous poop?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Shadow Hog posted:

From what I read, one of his bigger regrets is not being able to take the role of Jafar, because TNG kept him too busy.

Imagining Jafar not being voiced by Jonathan Freeman, and the idea just feels so utterly foreign to me...

I definitely associate Jafar with his given voice, but Patrick Stewart would have made a loving awesome Jafar. I'm basically just imagining a somewhat toned-down version of his performance in Green Room.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Shadow Hog posted:

eh Tim Curry could've done it

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Unlucky7 posted:

I like Patrick Stewart and all, but I wonder, is there any role he will say no to?

From what I can tell from interviews Patrick Stewart truly loves voice acting and adores getting to say weird and ridiculous stuff. Playing a talking piece of piece of poop in a movie seems exactly like the kind of thing he would find fun and hilarious.

Regardless of the quality of the rest of Emoji movie I can guarantee you that Patrick Stewart is going to give that role his all.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jan 19, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pretend I linked that clip of patrick stewart shooting at his flowers while shouting about people killing all his lilies

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's Sir Patrick Stewart, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pretend I linked that clip of Sir Patrick Stewart shooting at his flowers while shouting about people killing all his lilies