Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I forgot to login for november but i was subscribed, i don't see ships in either of my account inventories, did I miss it?

This year's seasonal gits had a 24h expiry. This way, even people who log in regularly could miss out. Naturally this change was coupled with faking everyone out by making the first few gifts utter garbage, and then gifting actual useful things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

Can i have your stuff?

the eve community is weird, there are your standard nolife gamers, but then there are people who have a healthy life and are engineers pulling $200k a year at google

Sorry friend I already have an executor for my spacewill

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Syndic Thrass posted:

Part of your space will should be to give everyone who's hung out in Theta comms while you were there part of your money, to help deal with the pain and suffering.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Syndic Thrass posted:

how about you just SD a titan on the keepstar undock and stream it

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

VideoGames posted:

No racism chat please.

My brutor tribe refers to this as Amarr-washing, shitlord.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

DisgracelandUSA posted:

My brutor tribe refers to this as Amarr-washing, shitlord.

1234 Brutor Pride Galaxy Wide

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

1234 Brutor Pride Galaxy Wide

:eyepop:

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Been gone for 2 years or so and decided to peek back in to see what's been going on.

Is it worth coming back? All of my ships are locked behind the Omega upgrade pay wall and I'm hesitant to pay into it without knowing if the game is worth it or not.

Not a bittervet, was just getting to level 2-3 specializations in T2 caldari/gallante frigates because I was an idiot and didn't know to focus the skill training better.

Kind of miss doing Bombers Bar runs.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

LCL-Dead posted:

Been gone for 2 years or so and decided to peek back in to see what's been going on.

Is it worth coming back? All of my ships are locked behind the Omega upgrade pay wall and I'm hesitant to pay into it without knowing if the game is worth it or not.

Not a bittervet, was just getting to level 2-3 specializations in T2 caldari/gallante frigates because I was an idiot and didn't know to focus the skill training better.

Kind of miss doing Bombers Bar runs.

Well I mean it's more active than ever so more space ships to shoot. As for gameplay, same as usually nothing new except citadels

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
huh stuck threads

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

huh stuck threads

It's because they're really good.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Keegers posted:

Well I mean it's more active than ever so more space ships to shoot. As for gameplay, same as usually nothing new except citadels

And what are citadels?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LCL-Dead posted:

And what are citadels?

Sort of like stations but not really. They're supposed to be a replacement for stations and POSes, you can drop them pretty much anywhere except a few defined systems (starting systems, the four trade hubs (Jita, Amarr, Dodixie, and Rens), and shattered wormholes). Unlike stations, you can actually blow them up, but like stations they have a vulnerability window. They come in three sizes which limits what can dock in it. Medium is limited to ships that are capable of accessing high sec normally, large can dock caps, and extra large supers. You can configure what services you get in them, too, but you can only put markets in larges and extra larges.

Oh, there's a special one that only one can exist at any time in the entire game which would take years to gather the resources for without massively crashing the market.

They also recently dropped engineering complexes, which are bonused to construction (natch). Same M, L, XL sizes.

As for feature parity, they finally announced insurance is coming to them, which leaves behind only docked repairs as the missing feature compared to stations.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So way beyond the little shield bubble player wannabe-station type things I took part in when I played.

Sounds like fun. I guess I'll give it a 3 month shot and see if life can be breathed back into it for me.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

LCL-Dead posted:

And what are citadels?

Outposts, but you can destroy them and can deploy them without sov.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
citadels are all around kind of awesome, although IMO they should remove the vuln timer and just have it so anyone can siege it at any time, and it will just exit RF at a certain time

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

huh stuck threads

I felt like the four threads I stuck were the most popular ones and as such should be at the top. I'm going to revolve a few as well to get people into some of the others. I really like MMOHMO.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

LCL-Dead posted:

So way beyond the little shield bubble player wannabe-station type things I took part in when I played.

Watch the trailer:
https://youtu.be/0bjTrPutt4k

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

VideoGames posted:

I felt like the four threads I stuck were the most popular ones and as such should be at the top. I'm going to revolve a few as well to get people into some of the others. I really like MMOHMO.

Does that mean that they're getting the VG endorsement, and they should be downloaded and tried?

Oodles fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 18, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Oodles posted:

Does that mean that they're getting the VG endorsement, and they should be downloaded and tried?

It cannot hurt! I do enjoy video games :)

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ccps art team are so good compared to the rest of them good lord

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ccps art team are so good compared to the rest of them good lord

And the stuff they make could not be further from the actual game experience.

That video would be more accurate if the whole defense fleet choose not to show up. And the citadel guns remained silent because gigx passed out drunk in the captains chair and no one else had the roles kick him out of it and take over.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
When I left the game back in late 13/early 14 there was speculation/rumor that CCP was going to push out the station interiors soon for people to walk around in. Has anything come of that?

I noticed that the air still isn't suited for clones or whatever when I was checking out the game and trying to remember how to navigate the UI earlier today.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

LCL-Dead posted:

When I left the game back in late 13/early 14 there was speculation/rumor that CCP was going to push out the station interiors soon for people to walk around in. Has anything come of that?

I noticed that the air still isn't suited for clones or whatever when I was checking out the game and trying to remember how to navigate the UI earlier today.

Yes, you could walk around a single room and not interact with anyone or anything, and everyone turned it off. They since canceled World of Darkenss, which was the only reason they were doing it in the first place: to write code for WoD they could charge to EVE.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Zephyrine posted:

That video would be more accurate if the whole defense fleet choose not to show up. And the citadel guns remained silent because gigx passed out drunk in the captains chair and no one else had the roles kick him out of it and take over.

I'd watch it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

i like the people in mmo hmo a lot generally. i just wish there was an MMO I wanted to play

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

CainFortea posted:

Get the SALR extension, it lets you add notes for posters based on their userID not their name. So when, for example, Daco's name and av gets changed, you can still safely ignore their post.

literally all you do is post about me. It's loving flattering as gently caress, if not a little creepy. I'd say you're as bad about it as Rust but he literally went full retard behind space dad's back and tried to pull some poo poo just because of my posting and ended up with a lot of egg on his face. Something tells me you don't have the grapes or power to do anything like that so... yeah. :ssh:

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

eonwe posted:

i like the people in mmo hmo a lot generally. i just wish there was an MMO I wanted to play

You post a lot in this thread, which these days IS playing eve

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Holyshoot posted:

No, I use the firefox version.

Do you have a link to it? Asking for a friend...

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

That video was a missed opportunity to use "we built this city" for the music.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

eonwe posted:

same :(

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Play EVE it's actually fun for once. Sometimes.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

CainFortea posted:

That video was a missed opportunity to use "we built this city" for the music.

like CCP would cough up whatever licensing fee they'd have to pay for that one

although yes, "we built this city", by Starship, does seem an obvious choice

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010
EVE is fun only by the virtue of playing with people you like, I've rarely had that ability.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Worlds Smuggest posted:

EVE is fun only by the virtue of playing with people you like, I've rarely had that ability.

Ah. I used to think like this. Then I thought maybe the issue was with me. Now there are tons of people I play EVE with who I like quite a bit. Do they like me back? Doesn't matter. My game experience improved 1000% when I realized this.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Counterpoint, embrace your self-loathing and play with people you hate. Let loose your inner masochist in space :sun:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Worlds Smuggest posted:

:rip: Groon until they come back again again

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

:rip: Groon until they come back again again

I miss hanging out in Groon, probably the most fun I had in EVE even just on my barely trained alt in a tackle rifter. :smith:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

stale meme dot png posted:

Play EVE it's actually fun for once. Sometimes.

Join miniluv, those guys are really fun! :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

stale meme dot png posted:

literally all you do is post about me. It's loving flattering as gently caress, if not a little creepy. I'd say you're as bad about it as Rust but he literally went full retard behind space dad's back and tried to pull some poo poo just because of my posting and ended up with a lot of egg on his face. Something tells me you don't have the grapes or power to do anything like that so... yeah. :ssh:

Can you elaborate on this? That's funny

• Locked thread