Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Rudager posted:

So what are the 300 employees working on if no-one knows what the next step is yet?

There was a shot of some people sitting in an unused (possibly Bens former) office and pretending to work. Either all their work gets burned in front of them every day or it's minesweeper/solitaire city

If you were actually doing work on your work computer for work, would you keep the Cortana bar? Why go through the two seconds it takes to get rid of it when a full-ish taskbar gives the illusion of work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Now for the real question: who was the dumb gently caress behind the camera?

http://i.imgur.com/Md1uuDU.mp4

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Please put a subway sandwich or autism chariot in-between his hands.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

BeefThief posted:

Did they ever add that used car lot style jpeg store where the commandos can spend real money, in game, in a high pressure NPC based sales situation? Or just the clothes shop?

I think they probably used that asset in the Galactic Tour videos. Those all took place in what appeared to be giant ship showroom.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Meridian posted:

What are you goddamn goons doing in here?

Quick! Quick! Hide the body! Burn the books! Deny we even know about Star Britizen! Make it look like an accident, oh God plesse don't probate me again!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Star Citizen is great

Yeah, a great business opportunity! For all of us! I guarantee you I will make so much money in the verse, it's gunna be incredible, just incredible, so incredible the Vandull won't even have enough cock symbols to express their shock at our ability to rake in space bucks!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ban Tophat.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I just found out the new "season" of Sherlock is out, go watch it

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i laffed

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

like the hindenberg crashing down upon the titanic

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

How you checked out the new Tom Hardy series Taboo? :getin:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Lladre posted:

Ban Tophat.

Derek had his chance

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

I'm your boss who commissions posters of my own face to go up on the office walls like I'm an icon of the Cultural Revolution, to be revered by you

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Oh poo poo, I forgot about that. I'll go do that now.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
So this happened;

http://steamcommunity.com/games/ArtOfStealth/announcements/detail/690574607308214185

quote:

I'm just putting the following link here for everyone to see:

https://plus.google.com/+YouTubeCreators/posts/SULUVfi3K2T

We are currently talking with the Youtube support about this issue.

Jim Sterling has no respect to software engineers who learned programming in university for 5 years and work hard to create a good game.

Jim Sterling has no self-respect. He is going against Youtube rules and trying to damage a small team which is new in the industry. A pathetic bully.

Jim Sterling calls our work "Load of Crap". He doesn't respect our attempts to make a good game. He simply makes money by discredit other people's works. I wonder if this worm can actually write a single line of code!

This is not the end. This is only the beginning.

The Art of Stealth Team

Turned out that is *was* the end, because Steam pulled their accounts and the game.

Edit:
They switched out the link to the video in their message:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_QSQrJyvc4

Hav fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 18, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A game developer freaking out on someone giving them bad reviews? This can't be real.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

A game developer freaking out on someone giving them bad reviews? This can't be real.

It's more how poo poo the game is compared with the level of entitlement that they showed. I should have taken a screenshot, because they tried to claim copyright infringement to start with.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
I wonder if MoMA and TMIL know eachother IRL?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hav posted:

It's more how poo poo the game is compared with the level of entitlement that they showed. I should have taken a screenshot, because they tried to claim copyright infringement to start with.

Yeah I just can't believe that a game developer would post a bunch of mental poo poo that makes them look bad just because a reviewer gave them a bad review.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Oh hai Toast Moma, you gonna do another epic meltdown for our delectation today?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Meridian posted:

What are you goddamn goons doing in here?

I belong here. You?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Samizdata posted:

I belong here. You?

I'm with this guy.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Sorry to say but it's terrible. Sickening and heartbreaking.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Yeah I just can't believe that a game developer would post a bunch of mental poo poo that makes them look bad just because a reviewer gave them a bad review.

It looks like a poo poo game. I guess they needed to spend more time in University?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It looks like a poo poo game. I guess they needed to spend more time in University?

They had five years learning. I guess the sixth year is where they deal with normals and the flipping thereof.

Truly amazingly bad, though.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

JugbandDude posted:

Don't worry my giant friend, I got your back. My lawyer is an expert in the Chewbacca defense.

I'm sure the veredict will be balls... hairy SD balls for everyone in the thread.

Mah fideltuh! I want them balls refactored into HD!

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Welcome to the CIG playbook :downsbravo:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Wow. That's pretty deceitful. :(

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

TrustmeImLegit posted:

No one communicates more volume wise than CIG hands down and frankly because of the nature of development things change.
CR's hands are never down... If CR's waving hands is sign language then sure, lots of communcation.
:discourse:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Titanic posted:

Wow. That's pretty deceitful. :(

I suspect they saw Hellion and got jealous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trxgo32nGNU&t=217s

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I'm your boss who commissions posters of my own face to go up on the office walls like I'm an icon of the Cultural Revolution, to be revered by you

Robert space industries

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/PapaDolvak/status/821829993772748800

:ohdear:

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

BeefThief posted:

TrustmeImLegit posted:

That's Agile dev for you. Constant iterations. Basic software dev honestly.
Pretty sure agile dev requires milestones and frequent releases
And a mostly holistic view of the project.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Chalks posted:

Oh poo poo, I forgot about that. I'll go do that now.

prepare for a world of dissapointment.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

I found this sign on a construction wall at Epcot.

I'm not sure why I feel compelled to post it here.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I wish I could scam $141m from autists, problem is I'd probably be competent by accident and produce something

:negative:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

It's like when you say 'the sky is blue' and Hitler says 'i agree' and then you're honour bound to insist that it's actually purple.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Just thought of something. Remember this dude?

"Ellwood "Bunky" Bartlett posted:

A MMORPG Game built by gamer's, for gamer's and funded by gamer's.
(...)
Avatar Creation: You will be able to create your very own race from a set of body parts, which may be placed onto a generic model. Many games allow you to design your own character. This game, however, will be more extensive; giving you the ability to customize hair color, eye color, skin tone, and more. Available body parts to mix and match will include, but are not limited to, Elf ears, Orc trunks, Dwarf legs, Human heads, hands and arms, etc. If you like the way your Avatar looks you may also submit your completed design to us and, if we like it, we may use it as a premade character for others to randomly select and use. Show off your creation by running through your world with your armor off, well, with underwear on that is.

Note: Characters will not be permitted to run around buck naked…. Or can they? Every game needs a good mystery. Keep checking back for updates to our ideas pertaining to adult worlds, and submit suggestions as our game grows.

A fat, ugly lottery winner ($42 (sic!) million) wanted another mill to do the AAAMMORPG he's you've always dreamed about. Sound familiar? Kinda?

I give you Chris Roberts 2.0

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I give you Chris Roberts 2.0

$21,345
pledged of $1,100,000 goal

Not so much.

Followup was better, so you could be onto something; https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120873716/mylifebook

Yep, you get a T-shirt with the metrics of the kickstarter for the T-shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/821828122014285824

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/821831497820807168