Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Montgomery will just move back to WR and Michael will play the RB snaps and somehow Rodgers will put up 300+ 3 TD 1 INT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Maybe we'll re-sign Abbrederis.

We're apparently cutting Sam Shields, pick your reason between mushbrains/weed arrest/saving $9m in cap space next year. Dude was a great Packer, I was so excited when we signed him after the draft as a FA because he smoked Wisc in the bowl game a few months before. He'll always have that neck tattoo ring.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There's not enough nicknames for quarterbacks these days.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lorenzen ate them all

Matty Ice is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that's widely used. Do people say TyGod everywhere or just here?

e: And I guess Big Ben (ugh, that shouldn't even count) and the Red Rifle

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 19, 2017

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Yessssss

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Abugadu posted:

We're apparently cutting Sam Shields, pick your reason between mushbrains/weed arrest/saving $9m in cap space next year. Dude was a great Packer, I was so excited when we signed him after the draft as a FA because he smoked Wisc in the bowl game a few months before. He'll always have that neck tattoo ring.

Abby is both bad and on the Lions.

Rotoworld is the only place reporting the Shields news, so I'm somewhat skeptical. Hopefully dude retires rather than getting cut.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Abugadu posted:

I hope his brain gets better and he quits football

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
T*m Br*dy is fine as a nickname

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

The Browns, Titans, Jaguars, and Niners all having tens of millions makes sense given where they were a year ago.

The Panthers is a bit of a surprise, but I suppose all the injuries allowed them to carry over more than expected? Or were they that far under the cap heading into the season? Ditto the Washingtonians, what led to them having $15M?

My biggest :stare: are reserved for the Jets, Chargers, and Rams though. Jeez.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Does "Is Joe Flacco an Elite Quarterback?" count as a nickname?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Intruder posted:

Does "Is Joe Flacco an Elite Quarterback?" count as a nickname?

That's more of a life choice.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

Lorenzen ate them all

Matty Ice is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that's widely used. Do people say TyGod everywhere or just here?

"Dak" is a nickname, technically

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Wentzton Churchshill

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

TheChirurgeon posted:

"Dak" is a nickname, technically

A shorthand version of a name isn't a nickname

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Chilichimp posted:

He can't afford a fuckin' stadium, man.

I mean, I St Louis has a spare? Or San Diego.

St Louis Raiders would be a badass move and add a lot of spice to the Raiders-Chiefs rivalry.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DNS posted:

St Louis Raiders would be a badass move and add a lot of spice to the Raiders-Chiefs rivalry.

I live a few hours from St Louis and even I'm like ehhhhh

Nov 6, 2002

Osweiler should be called Storm Trooper.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

people have already forgotten Matty Ice?!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

FizFashizzle posted:

Seahawks signed Parrish Cox because of course they did.

lmao

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/821762776112607232

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alaois posted:

people have already forgotten Matty Ice?!

Intruder posted:

Lorenzen ate them all

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

it's a sick burn but no way does Dallas come back if that game is played in Green Bay in 4 degree weather

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

The Bears release Cutler
Cutler to the Browns.
Browns win super bowl.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Even at the almost transcendent level Rodgers is playing at right now that's an absolutely massive blow and sucks all sorts of butt salt. Personally I think getting cook back was an even bigger impact than Nelson earlier in the year which helped get the offense firing on all cylinders but even so against a team like Atlanta those injuries are a stupidly huge knock. And even if they do somehow manage to play they'll probably be hobbled to all hell.

With our injury riddled backfield we basically have to score literally every time we touch the ball, and even if the Falcons d isn't the greatest that's gonna be hella tough to do missing 2 or 3 out of 4. drat that really sucks. I figured we may have had a punchers chance at it but this sure don't bode well. Makes me wonder if we are the most injured team out of the remaining 4 though. Is anyone else starting practice squad guys thanks to injury decimation?

I guess on the plus side bakterari and the oline seem to be relatively intact

I think they almost had to before. I mean the guys on Atlanta are faster than the GB defense and now have a healthier Jones and now have Tevin Coleman who is a beast. They put up 33 on a GB defense that was arguably performing better at the time. Really if those WRs are out the Packers have to REALLY hope it's a crazy 3 INT matt ryan game plus a fumble plus a kick return for a TD or some other crazy play. I don't see how the Packers go in and beat them straight on. Oh yeah and Mccarthey will get outcoached most likely so I guess just pray?

extendedsolo fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 19, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Shanahan + Cutler lets fuckin do it Niners

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Shanahan + Cutler lets fuckin do it Niners

I actually think he'll go to a team that feels like they can win now, so most likely Houston. Next year is the year Brady falls off the cliff and Houston goes on and wins the Super Bowl.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Found some kickass Falcons fans on twitter

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I know we get a lot of poo poo as a fanbase but we very much outnumbered Seattle fans last weekend. Just walking around I'd say 80% Falcons fans at least (though I was in the lower bowl).

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

DNS posted:

Found some kickass Falcons fans on twitter

TUCK YOUR TEAM

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

extendedsolo posted:

The Bears release Cutler
Cutler to the Browns.
Browns win super bowl.

I think they almost had to before. I mean the guys on Atlanta are faster than the GB defense and now have a healthier Jones and now have Tevin Coleman who is a beast. They put up 33 on a GB defense that was arguably performing better at the time. Really if those WRs are out the Packers have to REALLY hope it's a crazy 3 INT matt ryan game plus a fumble plus a kick return for a TD or some other crazy play. I don't see how the Packers go in and beat them straight on. Oh yeah and Mccarthey will get outcoached most likely so I guess just pray?

The Packers defense is way healthier now (still banged up as gently caress all, but...) so I have no idea how you can say the defense was playing better earlier in the season. We were playing CBs 4,5, 6 and then one of them got hurt, plus no Matthews or Perry. If memory serves we were also forced to play Burnett at ILB around then.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

John
‏@johnny_numba5
@hymnographer Until they build football fields in hell BB will never truly have home field advantage

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

TheChirurgeon posted:

it's a sick burn but no way does Dallas come back if that game is played in Green Bay in 4 degree weather

Or, what if they did vOv

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I swear to god Mark Davis is TFF's version of the manic pixie dream girl.

seriously

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Volkerball posted:

I live a few hours from St Louis and even I'm like ehhhhh

answer manas about the vance joseph thing

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
mark davis is just a lovable dork with a crummy haircut, and he drives a minivan and hangs out at hooters, and deadass he has recorded youtubes arguing about sonic's favorite pizza topping

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

v2vian man posted:

mark davis is just a lovable dork with a crummy haircut, and he drives a minivan and hangs out at hooters, and deadass he has recorded youtubes arguing about sonic's favorite pizza topping

chili dogs?

Nov 6, 2002

If the Falcons win the next two games with strong offensive performances like they did in the Divisional Round, is Matt Ryan a legit HoF candidate?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

(USER WAS PROBATED FROM GAMEFAQS FORUMS FOR THIS POST)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

If the Falcons win the next two games with strong offensive performances like they did in the Divisional Round, is Matt Ryan a legit HoF candidate?

I don't know, was Joe Flacco a legit HoF candidate after throwing 11 tds against no picks in his superbowl run?

Nov 6, 2002

Matt Ryan has been playing lights out all season though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

The Packers defense is way healthier now (still banged up as gently caress all, but...) so I have no idea how you can say the defense was playing better earlier in the season. We were playing CBs 4,5, 6 and then one of them got hurt, plus no Matthews or Perry. If memory serves we were also forced to play Burnett at ILB around then.

right, but the packers were one of the best teams against the rush on AYPC and it has obviously trended the wrong direction for them. I know they have Matthews back, which is HUGE, but they were playing better defense at that point in the season. Since then they have had the run where they were obliterated by Indy, washington, and the Titans. Then they play some bum rear end teams with terrible offenses, of course their defense is going to look like they are playing better. They went from 7th-8th in DVOA after the Atlanta game to somewhere in the 20s by the end of the year. Their defense has looked better because they are taking the ball away and because Rodgers has been out of his loving mind and getting the Packers ahead, not because they all of a sudden became stout. I know all of the players that should make them better are there, but there aren't many stats that back it up. I mean what? they stopped the Giants who haven't score more than 20 points in their last 7 games or something?

• Locked thread