Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You sure? Keeper, who has -2 luck, seems to get a ton of nickels and dimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

RatHat posted:

You sure? Keeper, who has -2 luck, seems to get a ton of nickels and dimes.

Luck doesn't affect those at all to my knowledge

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe Keeper has a hidden modifier for that because it's way too consistent to just be a coincidence.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

comingafteryouall posted:

Look in the options and change around the HUD options. Took me forever to find it too!

Dr. Fetus posted:

If you don't have Afterbirth+, there are a couple of mods out there that implement it for you.

Ah thanks, I thought it must be a mod for some reason.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
So if anyone wants to do Zip!, get Ipecac, Cricket's Head, and Magic Fingers.

Combined with Small Rock and The Pact, my damage stat was over 80. Felt good.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Afterbirth (not +) question: Have I basically beaten the game once I've completed The Chest? I've fought Hush and completed Sheol and Cathedral. Is there anything to do besides unlocking stuff now?

Last night I got the Petrified Rock and Card Against Humanity on the same floor and became very rich and full of soul hearts.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Have you completed the Dark Room yet?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

senrath posted:

Have you completed the Dark Room yet?

Ooh, no I haven't. Ever since I unlocked Cathedral I stopped going to Sheol so I'd better get on that.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

snoremac posted:

Afterbirth (not +) question: Have I basically beaten the game once I've completed The Chest? I've fought Hush and completed Sheol and Cathedral. Is there anything to do besides unlocking stuff now?

Last night I got the Petrified Rock and Card Against Humanity on the same floor and became very rich and full of soul hearts.

Generally, 'completing the game' involves three large steps.

1- Complete every post it note section on hard. With every character.

2- Do all the challenges.

3- Pick up every item at least once.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

snoremac posted:

Have you beaten Mega-Satan? Also all of the stuff you just mentioned on Hard mode as well.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
just picked up a missingno on my lost run, now I have my reflection, continuum tears and ipecac and no more holy mantle

thanks curse of the blind

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Antibirth's music is much better than Rebirth's. Love The Womb and Caves.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jan 18, 2017

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

snoremac posted:

What people above have mentioned. And also Greed mode.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
God loving drat it. Needed a Lamb kill and I died when it only had about 2 pixels of health left.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i hate that mega satan doesn't have a health bar

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

i hate that mega satan doesn't have a health bar

I think it's worse seeing how close you came before losing

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Ultra hard challenge can go gently caress itself forever.

I get all the other stuff... No red heart, no soul hearts pickups/drops, double trouble bosses and hard versions of enemies, but why the gently caress put curse of the maze, and curse of the lost together... That's just annoying poo poo that can also get you randomly hurt (since rooms layouts also shuffle around) or take you to the boss fight before you are ready for it. Hell, curse of the maze is a stupid boring and frustrating mechanic on its own in a normal run.

Add curse of the blind on top of that, which more often than not will screw you up, even if you were having a decent run.

Oh, you managed to get HP ups? Then, have "Dead Cat" now. Oh, you found an item in the secret room? It was Cursed Eye. And other garbage like that.

The only reason that this challenge exists must be because Edmund gets a good chuckle by watching youtube streamers torture themselves going through it. But if that's the case, then put it in some special dailies or something (although I don't think streamers bother with dailies anymore) !

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

ChibiSoma posted:

Got Zip done, working on It's the Key and it's kinda the pits. Mostly because I'm not 100% clear on what's safe to pick up. I assume boss items are okay if it's a red heart container you gain. But like... what about items that give soul/black hearts? If you find Book of Revelations/Satanic Bible is that alright? Can you use Prayer Card or Maggy's Faith? How about Health Up pills? Or the 2 of Hearts? As long as you don't pick a heart/other item up off the floor is it safe? If you get the dollar or the 99 bombs item are you good?

Who's best for this one, anyway? Brain says Azazel since he can fly around items blocking narrow paths, but his short range means he's more likely to get hit.

It's ok to gain health (and as far as I'm aware, bombs) from treasures and pills. So long as you don't pick up anything besides keys off the floor, you should be fine. So 2 of hearts is ok, but Hierophant soul hearts are not, since you need to pick them up yourself. I also used Satanic Bible myself to gain black hearts and still got the unlock.

And yeah, either Azazel or Lost are your friends because they start with flight. I did it with Azazel because he's so overly powerful from the get-go. Bear in mind Lost can still pick up Soul and Black Hearts so remember to avoid those.

Furthermore, try not to open chests unless you absolutely have to. There's usually enough keys to be had without opening chests so you should just leave brown chests alone entirely. I opened golden ones myself to find treasures, but made sure to leave the room immediately if there were only pickups inside in case a coin blocks my exit path. Since you can't have bombs, you can't even bomb them out of the way.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you're having trouble with items blocking doors the G0NES00N seed is good, it makes all pickups disappear after 7 seconds. Since there's not really anything positive about it it counts for achievements.

Irving.jpg
Feb 5, 2007

Rhythm and blues.
Does anyone know why playing vanilla isaac rebirth wipes all my antibirth progress?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Wugga posted:

And yeah, either Azazel or Lost are your friends because they start with flight. I did it with Azazel because he's so overly powerful from the get-go. Bear in mind Lost can still pick up Soul and Black Hearts so remember to avoid those.

Does everybody else feel this way? Because Azazel feels hilariously more powerful than all the other characters.

Irving.jpg posted:

Does anyone know why playing vanilla isaac rebirth wipes all my antibirth progress?

Reading the Antibirth webpage it mentions that it will indeed fuckup vanilla Rebirth saves. Apparently Afterbirth uses different save files than Rebirth and since thats what they figured most of their players were using this is what they went with. https://www.antibirth.com/

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Has anyone figured out if there's any actual meaning behind the static distortion that periodically occurs in the Void? Is it purely a cosmetic graphical effect?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Axetrain posted:

Does everybody else feel this way? Because Azazel feels hilariously more powerful than all the other characters.

Azazel is by far the easiest character.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 19, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Azazel is the easiest character, but I don't like him for the secret bosses and Greed mode.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Time_pants posted:

Has anyone figured out if there's any actual meaning behind the static distortion that periodically occurs in the Void? Is it purely a cosmetic graphical effect?

It changes the floortype of the room, so you can have a normal Basement room that suddenly turns into the same room, but Blue Womb style. It's most noticable during the Delirium fight where the entire arena changes theme when it statics out.

It's cosmetic as far as I know.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I was hoping the static was a tell that alerted you that the boss room you were going to enter next was the Delirium fight. That way you could seek other boss rooms to get more items first.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
Today's daily was good. I was a bit hesitant about picking up Dr. Fetus as the Lost, but it was completely worth it. Buying Chaos on the 2nd floor eventually led to me shooting Sad Homing Mega Hot Butt Bombs. I also became Guppy. That combination destroyed things so fast. I missed out on sticky egg sac bombs too, due to buying the Habit without thinking. I also bought Eden's Soul, which didn't give me much value. I should have stuck with Guppy's head and bombed the re-roll machine to buy something different.

Almost died against Famine in a small room early on. His first shot hit me, so I used my Joker card to reset the fight. I immediately fought Krampus. Then I turned around and nuked Famine with Krampus' Head.

In the end, I decided to take the Rosary in Womb I, thinking I might get the Bible to destroy Mom's heart. Used a Joker card on Womb II with Curse of the Blind. I took the one item available, thinking there was a good chance it was the Bible. Nope. It was Mama Mega. Victory.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Dias posted:

Azazel is the easiest character, but I don't like him for the secret bosses and Greed mode.

I had a whopping four win streak in Greedier mode but next on the list was Azazel's unlock and now I'm at -4.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Axetrain posted:

Azazel is easy mode for everything except bullet hell bosses. Sometimes you need a therapeutic easy run to restock Eden tokens and the First Bank of Isaac donation machine.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Lilith in Greedier mode with car battery, multidimensional baby, triple shot and electric tears was insane - I basically just held down fire and waited until everything was dead because I couldn't see a thing!

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
Is Hush not spawning at all for anyone else? Every time I go into the Blue Womb, I just fight ??? and then the fight ends. I still get the Void entrance, so I've been trying to quickly knock out all my Delirium kills before this gets patched.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I can't get alabaster box to work and I'm not playing the lost. Hearts just bounce off me if I'm carrying it around. How do you work the thing?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, with Prime savings, you can get this for the Switch at $31.
Do I buy this poo poo for a FOURTH time?

Yes but only because the 3DS version was cheap and disappointing.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

Man, with Prime savings, you can get this for the Switch at $31.
Do I buy this poo poo for a FOURTH time?

Yes but only because the 3DS version was cheap and disappointing.

Hahahahahahaha

Please buy it. This thread NEEDS you to buy it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

I can't get alabaster box to work and I'm not playing the lost. Hearts just bounce off me if I'm carrying it around. How do you work the thing?

They can't be red hearts.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Even if it does have Rebirth, Afterbirth and +, there's really no good reason to get it on the Switch if it's just the same game you have already.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Boy I really loving love the spawn of having a dozen champion fatties in Ultra Hard. That's not an instant game over nosiree. That's entirely loving possible to do. You can TOTALLY maneuver around those huge loving assholes as they bounce you around and shoot bullets out at the same time and loving gently caress you with this bullshit honestly.

Edit: There are literally some room setups you cannot survive in Ultra Hard. It's so loving stupid.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 19, 2017

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dark Grapefruit posted:

Is Hush not spawning at all for anyone else? Every time I go into the Blue Womb, I just fight ??? and then the fight ends. I still get the Void entrance, so I've been trying to quickly knock out all my Delirium kills before this gets patched.

This seems to be something the item stacking bugfix changed. Apparently, the Hush entity has a significant chance of being changed to the ??? entity. Your guess is as good as mine as to why this is.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I finally have all the Greedier mode runs done! Now to never touch that again until/if they make Antibirth official. Bethany should be easy, but how would Jacob even work in Greed/ier mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pigbuster posted:

This seems to be something the item stacking bugfix changed. Apparently, the Hush entity has a significant chance of being changed to the ??? entity. Your guess is as good as mine as to why this is.

Hahaha I'm glad I did all my Hush unlocks already, that sounds awful. Overall I like the stacking fix though, some rooms make a lot more sense now.