Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Chill la Chill posted:

Wait til they find out about scrunts

I swear to god, If I ever see anything GW official make a Scrunts joke I will probably die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

The Bee posted:

Very true, a lot of mine pulled from more recent sources. Although I figured it was always the case that Metroid never moved much in Japan, despite the franchise being quite great.

Nah, you're right about that--it was way more popular in the US. The exception was Super Metroid, which just came out too late in the US--it came out like 5 months before the PlayStation launched. But after that, Metroid killed it in the US and ate poo poo in Japan, which is probably why they don't give a poo poo about it anymore.

Some sales numbers
Metroid (NES): US: 1.35 million, Japan: 1.04 million, Europe: 340k, total: 2.73 million units
Metroid 2: RoS: total: 1.72 million units
Metroid 3 (Super Metroid): US: 460k, Japan: 780k, Europe: 180k, total: 1.42 million units
Metroid 4 (Metroid Fusion): US: 980k, Japan: 180k, Europe: 230k, total: 1.39 million units
Metroid Prime: US: 1.47 million, Japan: 120k, Europe: 560k, total: 2.15 million units
Metroid Zero Mission: US: 473k, Japan: ~80k

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kithkar posted:

I swear to god, If I ever see anything GW official make a Scrunts joke I will probably die.

So is this just further confirmation that Eldar are getting the elf treatment with everyone joining up to be friends? Will it follow the same path where it turns out the Dark Eldar had the right idea all along?

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
The lack of new Metroid and F-Zero games is basically why I gave up on Nintendo. I mean Mario is great but when I have a hankering for Mario I just load up SMW or Mario 64.

Also something something Earthbound.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Avenging Dentist posted:

The lack of new Metroid and F-Zero games is basically why I gave up on Nintendo. I mean Mario is great but when I have a hankering for Mario I just load up SMW or Mario 64.

Also something something Earthbound.

the lack of even a 2d metroid on the 3DS astounds me. F-Zero was cool, but there's a glut of good racing games out there. The new mario games have been good, though.

Did you play Mother 3? I thought it was amazing. Itoi isn't going to do another, though

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

TheChirurgeon posted:

the lack of even a 2d metroid on the 3DS astounds me. F-Zero was cool, but there's a glut of good racing games out there. The new mario games have been good, though.

Sadly, there aren't that many good arcadey hyper-fast racing games these days, although in the past year or so there have been a couple of promising PC games that I should look into. I just want more Wipeout/F-Zero/Extreme-G.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Did you play Mother 3? I thought it was amazing. Itoi isn't going to do another, though

Not yet. I've heard good things about it. I'm fine with there not being anymore, although more games of that style would be rad.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Cinnamon Bear posted:

So is this just further confirmation that Eldar are getting the elf treatment with everyone joining up to be friends? Will it follow the same path where it turns out the Dark Eldar had the right idea all along?

Eldrad, you simply misconstrued my actions! I was in fact lawful good all along!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TheChirurgeon posted:

Nah, you're right about that--it was way more popular in the US. The exception was Super Metroid, which just came out too late in the US--it came out like 5 months before the PlayStation launched. But after that, Metroid killed it in the US and ate poo poo in Japan, which is probably why they don't give a poo poo about it anymore.

Metroid: Other M was the only game that I bought that I traded in after a day.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

LordAba posted:

Metroid: Other M was the only game that I bought that I traded in after a day.

If there's ever a textbook written on how to kill a videogame franchise, Metroid: Other M should be like the first loving case study. Everything about that game was wrong and bad

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Aeldari :eng101:

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I think it's probably going to be more of a Harlequins telling them get on board with this poo poo or you're gonna be hosed too. Gonna be real fucken awkward when the Khan and/or Vulkan turn up.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

*Dork Aeldari

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pierzak posted:

*Dork Aeldari

Dorruk Aeldari

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
What about the exodites and corsairs and harlequins and all that?

Are they becoming the aeldari fyreslayers?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Aeldari Feyrrari

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can i just say that; the Frostgrave Rulebook is a joy to hold.
It's not some huge gently caress-off tome that you need both hands to comfortably hold but neither is it too small or short. I don't feel scared of breaking the spine of the thing when reading through it, like a lot of books you get. The artwork is great, from the border around each page to the full page spreads of a wizard and i love the alternate ideas and sketches they left at the bottom of some of the pages.

I will say, though; at least one page extra worth of text, just for added clarification of some things, would have been nice.

It's a good book.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
On that note, Mantic have been really knocking their books out of the park recently. The three Warpath books are gorgeous and feel amazing. The Deadzone main rules are also super well put together. The Kings of War books are actually pretty crappy in comparison.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

My buddy just told me that it was leaked that Dark Eldar will be the "Adarki Aeldari" but I don't care enough to look it up for myself. But fuckin' lol if so.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That cannot be real. :staredog:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TTerrible posted:

That cannot be real. :staredog:

search your feelings

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
That is just one step removed from Nigmo on the fake & dumb & Please Don't Do That scale.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
But how far was that from reality balls?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Adark Aledari Reality Stones

Play like you've got a pair.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
its not gay if the realities don't touch!

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
Reality Aeballsi

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

DO IT TO IT posted:

My buddy just told me that it was leaked that Dark Eldar will be the "Adarki Aeldari" but I don't care enough to look it up for myself. But fuckin' lol if so.

Insert Notsureiftroll meme here.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

The dude who told me wasnt joking, I know him well enough to know that. But hes the type to believe literally everything he reads on reddit, so.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

DO IT TO IT posted:

The dude who told me wasnt joking, I know him well enough to know that. But hes the type to believe literally everything he reads on reddit, so.

I'm not questioning your Ham friend, only his judgement.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

DO IT TO IT posted:

It's impossible to tell the difference between joke and real names with GW sooooo...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Moola posted:

It's impossible to tell the difference between joke and real names with GW sooooo...

A reminder: the number of lines beginning with "If, in your hero phase" that sound like incredibly bad internet jokes, but aren't, is non-zero

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

Moola posted:

Oh yeah for sure, you're not wrong. Especially with precedent like Ogors and my personal favorite ever, STEAMHEAD DUARDIN.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Moola posted:

aaaaaaaayyldar

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

DO IT TO IT posted:

Oh yeah for sure, you're not wrong. Especially with precedent like Ogors and my personal favorite ever, STEAMHEAD DUARDIN.

Stormfront Eternals

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

kingcom posted:

Stormfront Eternals
Steamfront Internals

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pierzak posted:

Steamrear Infartnals

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Stoopkid Inferiors

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Stuckpoop Impactors

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
https://southernpaintinginc.wordpress.com/2017/01/20/conservatism-in-lore-how-much-can-we-truly-hold-on-to/

Guys, every change is for the better. Local 40Kers are cheering this fluffpiece. Sad!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lilljonas posted:

https://southernpaintinginc.wordpress.com/2017/01/20/conservatism-in-lore-how-much-can-we-truly-hold-on-to/

Guys, every change is for the better. Local 40Kers are cheering this fluffpiece. Sad!

I'm the Lucas Cannon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
40K really does need a massive mechanical overhaul and an entire new game with no backwards-compatability in codices and rules.

It's just, GW.

• Locked thread