Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wiCgtMm-go

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

When it comes to Spider-Man, Sony will do what Marvel nintendidn't:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonyPictures/status/821789490263900160?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I love the genuine disgust in his voice as he mentions that interview. I think he really did like making BvS and was genuinely bummed that it was so poorly received.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Timby posted:

Since Fassbender and Lawrence have made it clear they have no interest in doing more X-Men movies unless they're paid all the money in the world and then some, and Singer's done with the series, but McAvoy will do pretty much anything for a paycheck, there have been rumors that the next X-movie that Kinberg is working on will be used to start a new X-Force series that gets set up in Deadpool 2. This was further fueled by the Deadpool writers talking about having "obligations" to X-Force as they work on Deadpool 2.

The only obligation is a post-credits mention by Deadpool while leaving a dump.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
drat... there was an attempt at a goofy joke post here, but an image refused to link properly, so now there's just this confusing poo poo

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Watch a little girl flip out and bloodily kill people in the new Logan trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DekuSxJgpbY

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

New Logan trailer dropped, still looks pretty dang good

Phone posting so hope the link works

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DekuSxJgpbY

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

The MSJ posted:

God drat that looks good. Little girl is the poo poo.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And new Power Rangers trailer, giving us our first look of Goldar and the Megazord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncGH9kSRjKs

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I am excited for both of those movies, which is something I did not expect.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

cvnvcnv posted:

First thought: Quicksilver working at a gas station, huh?

I wonder if his boss tells him to get the lead out.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

teagone posted:

I am excited for both of those movies, which is something I did not expect.

The first Logan trailer was real solid so I'm happy that the second one is bringing more of the good stuff, but yeah, pleasantly surprised by Power Rangers.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ugh I am such a sucker for Trailers, Logan has me so pumped.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

The MSJ posted:

gently caress yeah!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

The MSJ posted:

Had no idea this was already coming out, looks dang good.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I will watch it 1,000,000 times and Wolverine will become real.

Alternatively I learn martial arts and tape some knives to my hands and THAT way Wolverine becomes real

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I also love the idea of their comic counterparts existing in-universe as larger than life exaggerations, or outright fiction.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I thought the waifey little girl kung-fuing a dozen guys went out with Serenity. This looks terrible.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

bring back old gbs posted:

I also love the idea of their comic counterparts existing in-universe as larger than life exaggerations, or outright fiction.

Chris Claremont cameos as a guy in a bunker in the post-apocalyptic wastes, chained to a desk with a typewriter buried in script pages.

"O--oh God! They've kept me here for decades! Have you come to rescue me!?"

Logan just looks uncomfortable and shuts the door.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
This looks cool and a nice send off for both Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart. I have no idea who has the rights to what now, so I have no idea if this is going to be a sort of capstone to the old X-men actors or lead to more things. I've become infected with the Cinematic Universe canon syndrome, it sucks. I *do* think it was hilarious how they brought back Quicksilver in a very knowing nod.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Starting to discover that old people with kids doing action stuff is my kind of aesthetic.

SimonCat posted:

I thought the waifey little girl kung-fuing a dozen guys went out with Serenity. This looks terrible.

That trailer looked nothing like a Whedon fight scene? :confused:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Black Adam has earned his own movie according to Deadline

quote:

The New Line DC property Shazam! has morphed into two pictures. Black Adam has proved vibrant enough to become its own film, to star Dwayne Johnson. He was excited enough about his meeting last week at the studio to tweet his happiness, after a hard shoot on the newest Fast & Furious installment.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/shazan-dwayne-johnson-black-adam-1201889902/

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
"A-A little girl beating people up?! In my magic powers movie?!"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The wire-work when logan (and I gues X23) jump attacks people seems a little better this time around.

That power rangers movie is actually looking to be pretty fun.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Looking forward to DTDVD Black Adam prequel movies without Dwayne Johnson.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Mike N Eich posted:

This looks cool and a nice send off for both Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart. I have no idea who has the rights to what now, so I have no idea if this is going to be a sort of capstone to the old X-men actors or lead to more things. I've become infected with the Cinematic Universe canon syndrome, it sucks. I *do* think it was hilarious how they brought back Quicksilver in a very knowing nod.

X-Men and FF rights are held by Fox as long as they make a movie every 5 or so years. A lot of the old X-Men actors besides Stewart and Jackman have already moved on, and they kind of hosed up introducing new actors in both First Class and Apocalypse. But the other reason this might be a send off is simply that most of the old actors are probably asking for way more money now that their stars have risen.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah I'm just not seeing what you guys are seeing in that Power Rangers trailer. Looks dull and pretty standard "Whoa we're superheroes now?!" stuff. I sure hope Rita doesn't mess up that town from the first Thor.

I probably shouldn't have watched the Logan trailer first.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

But they already made this movie, it's called Scorpion King!!?? :huh:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

notthegoatseguy posted:

X-Men and FF rights are held by Fox as long as they make a movie every 5 or so years. A lot of the old X-Men actors besides Stewart and Jackman have already moved on, and they kind of hosed up introducing new actors in both First Class and Apocalypse. But the other reason this might be a send off is simply that most of the old actors are probably asking for way more money now that their stars have risen.

DoFP was supposed to be the big sendoff for the original trilogy cast (it was also the last time P-Stu was doing one of these movies, he swooaaarrr :v )

It's really weird, to me, they're hitting so many bumps now after Apocalypse. That movie was supposed to be the big sendoff for the First Class cast---even bringing back Rose Byrne---but they're like "oh no, people bitched on the internet about our big ensemble superhero movie, can we make it more like that quirky solo movie we made which people liked???? are there more Rob Liefeld characters we can snag????"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

It's really weird, to me, they're hitting so many bumps now after Apocalypse. That movie was supposed to be the big sendoff for the First Class cast---even bringing back Rose Byrne---but they're like "oh no, people bitched on the internet about our big ensemble superhero movie, can we make it more like that quirky solo movie we made which people liked???? are there more Rob Liefeld characters we can snag????"

It may have something to do with that quirky solo movie making about $250 million more than Apocalypse, at about a third of the cost.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah I'm just not seeing what you guys are seeing in that Power Rangers trailer. Looks dull and pretty standard "Whoa we're superheroes now?!" stuff. I sure hope Rita doesn't mess up that town from the first Thor.

I probably shouldn't have watched the Logan trailer first.

I think the thing that's catching me a bit is they seem to be giving the kids actual personalities, instead of "He's the jock, she's the outcast ect". They seem to get along in an organic way. Which could give the silly poo poo some momentum.

Also, I'm glad it looks silly! You can't take this poo poo seriously in the slightest, and I'm honestly shocked to this day actual adults still like Power Rangers. I get loving shows from your childhood, but they usually have something that you wouldn't have gotten as a kid. What the gently caress does Power Rangers have besides looking cheap and silly? I don't get the love for it past age 10.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Timby posted:

It may have something to do with that quirky solo movie making about $250 million more than Apocalypse, at about a third of the cost.

Bryan Singer mooted some idea about them going to space and fighting Proteus for X-Men 7. You could easily do a bottle episode X-movie (like, it mostly takes place on the ISS or w/e) with a villain who's a big energy blob for like, $80 million.

It's cool though if Fox's strategy is to stick with smaller projects than releasing a Big drat X-Men Movie every two years. We got another Wolverine movie and interesting TV stuff. I hope the success of Deadpool encourages them to keep trying offbeat and weird character movies and we get two hours of Channing Tatum doing a goofy cajun accent out of it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The key will be that they don't do the typical Hollywood thing and try to make every movie offbeat and weird, but in exactly the same way Deadpool was. They never seem to realize that sometimes something succeeds because it feels fresh and new, and just trying to repeat that same success is to misunderstand what made it appealing to audiences in the first place.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SimonCat posted:

lmao the story wasn't written specifically for the movie you dope, its like a decade+ old and pretty well regarded

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Basebf555 posted:

The key will be that they don't do the typical Hollywood thing and try to make every movie offbeat and weird, but in exactly the same way Deadpool was. They never seem to realize that sometimes something succeeds because it feels fresh and new, and just trying to repeat that same success is to misunderstand what made it appealing to audiences in the first place.

Yeah, but sometimes you repeat something and you earn so much loving money so it's worth the risk.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Basebf555 posted:

Oh yeah, do a Gambit movie but don't make it self-effacing and meta, for the love of god. It needs to be totally melodramatic just like the 90s comics. Underworld's a good point of comparison since it's a ridiculous movie about two ANCIENT SECRET SOCIETIES that takes its mythology dead serious, doesn't know it's a dumb B-movie and never once winks at the camera. If you were gonna do a Gambit movie you need to have someone say the line "this wedding will bring PEACE to the Guild of Thieves and the Assassins" with total seriousness.

Like there's hundreds of X-Men and related characters and you could probably write a decent movie using any combination of them. Even Doug Ramsay, probably. You just have to hit the right pitch for the character and all.

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 19, 2017

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao the story wasn't written specifically for the movie you dope, its like a decade+ old and pretty well regarded

The story being 10 years old still doesn't make it any good. It looks like it's going to be a pretty standard plot of grizzled old guy learns to love life because of a child.

I much preferred Shane Black's take on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex0PDHGCj-M

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SimonCat posted:

The story being 10 years old still doesn't make it any good. It looks like it's going to be a pretty standard plot of grizzled old guy learns to love life because of a child.

I much preferred Shane Black's take on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex0PDHGCj-M

Iron Man 3 is such a dang good movie. I don't know how you can't watch that and say it isn't a Shane Black film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CelticPredator posted:

I think the thing that's catching me a bit is they seem to be giving the kids actual personalities, instead of "He's the jock, she's the outcast ect". They seem to get along in an organic way. Which could give the silly poo poo some momentum.

Also, I'm glad it looks silly! You can't take this poo poo seriously in the slightest, and I'm honestly shocked to this day actual adults still like Power Rangers. I get loving shows from your childhood, but they usually have something that you wouldn't have gotten as a kid. What the gently caress does Power Rangers have besides looking cheap and silly? I don't get the love for it past age 10.

People still love G1 Transformers and that poo poo is even sillier than Power Rangers on average.

Even then, which Power Rangers are you talking about? Lots of different series, lots of different answers. Time Force is all about the cycle of hate and redemption. Lost Galaxy has an entire mini arc centered around revenge that's more nuanced than literally any of the stories told by Marvel so far.

Everything is relative. You can do serious Power Rangers- the show has quite a few times. You just can't make it joyless. Power Rangers is an inherently hopeful series, optimistic beyond question even in the face of atrocities.

• Locked thread