Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Global gumi is deathly afraid of releasing a unit that good.

I guess they actually are learning from at least some of their mistakes with Brave Frontier.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Hey, so if Ariana has a TMR, does that mean she'll get added to the pull pool? Usually the unique units (story units, magitek Terra) don't get one.

No. Pretty sure Magitek Terra is the only non-story unique that lacks a TMR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
OK, so I'm F2P, no 5 star base characters, current team is Bartz - CoD - Refia - Exdeath - Cecil / Faris depending on needs. Wizard team currently is Cecil - Exdeath - Arc - Krile - Rydia, although Exdeath #2 will replace Rydia once I level him up. (and maybe Ariana instead of Krile as well). No access to TMRs yet - I'm about a third of the way to a dualcast.

My question is about full breakers. I've got Faris and Vaan maxed out and Rain just had his 6th star unlocked. Should I develop Rain? How does he slot into my party? How do things change once Vaan gets his 6th star unlocked?

Are there any other characters (current or upcoming) that I should keep an eye out for other than a lucky break on a base 5 star?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Funktor posted:

OK, so I'm F2P, no 5 star base characters, current team is Bartz - CoD - Refia - Exdeath - Cecil / Faris depending on needs. Wizard team currently is Cecil - Exdeath - Arc - Krile - Rydia, although Exdeath #2 will replace Rydia once I level him up. (and maybe Ariana instead of Krile as well). No access to TMRs yet - I'm about a third of the way to a dualcast.

My question is about full breakers. I've got Faris and Vaan maxed out and Rain just had his 6th star unlocked. Should I develop Rain? How does he slot into my party? How do things change once Vaan gets his 6th star unlocked?

Are there any other characters (current or upcoming) that I should keep an eye out for other than a lucky break on a base 5 star?

In order:
  • Yes, develop Rain. Undermine is essentially Full Break, and Leadership replaces your need for Refia and Cecil's buffs, though it might be weaker than Embolden (I haven't checked the numbers). Regardless, he'll be your full breaker for a while since both Faris and Vaan are kind of blah.
  • Vaan actually... doesn't get much in his 6* aside from a stat bump. He gets the chance to counter magic with a slightly stronger Full Break effect, some dodging ability, and a halfway decent nuke attack. Even with all that I'd say he's worse at being a support character than Rain is.
  • Warrior of Light and Agrias are the big ones; they're the Full Break units that get 6*s that surpass where Rain is right now. WoL in particular more or less becomes a mini-Cecil, and Agrias becomes Orlandu Lite. That said, keep your eyes open for characters with decent MAG or DEF/SPR debuffs in their skillset. (Current examples mostly are Noctis and Delita, sadly, but we'll get more in the future that aren't Base 5, hopefully.) Cloud of Darkness can handle ATK debuffing if you have the others covered, and if you have all the avenues covered, you don't need a full breaker. Unlike FFRK, multiple debuffs on the same stat don't stack, the game just chooses the biggest number available and applies it.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Thanks! Yeah, unfortunately I'm missing WoL and Agrias so far.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Self-imposed challenge of beating March of the Beasts without a friend unit (okay that was for the 5 member quest) and using no items is a success!

Never doing that again. Nope. Noctis and Bartz, you are both heroes.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

AegisP posted:

Self-imposed challenge of beating March of the Beasts without a friend unit (okay that was for the 5 member quest) and using no items is a success!

Never doing that again. Nope. Noctis and Bartz, you are both heroes.

You and me both! Took me an hour and about 10 uses of Cover and Warp from friend Noctis.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

deathbagel posted:

You and me both! Took me an hour and about 10 uses of Cover and Warp from friend Noctis.

I will say, I have come to appreciate Cover after doing this though. I didn't realize it healed for as much as a Cura each turn. Let me conserve Refia mana when I knew that Cecil being a thousand hp off his max hp wasn't a problem.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

As a value bundle exclusive money spender, I'm wondering where you saw this, cause I don't see it anywhere

From the reddit page with the latest info dump.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so is 6* rain live right now?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

rabidsquid posted:

so is 6* rain live right now?

*Goes to units -> awaken units -> scrolls down to rain* Yup he sure is. In fact I just awakened him thanks to your post.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont know that 6* rain is necessarily great and i looked it up kataranisword and embolden is 45% to rains 40%, but on the other hand having a 6* full break unit will be nice in the short term. probably a better way to spend my cactaurs then ariana grande, as much as i love her presence annoying pubbies

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Shes actually pretty bad. Like its hard to find a spot for her when her elemental coverage is that weak and her buffs are the bard type and are only slightly better than other units buffs. With Rain 6* out and his leadership ability granting a flat 40% to both attacks and defenses for 3 turns thats good enough for most cases. Her only niche would be her LB increasing song which also provokes because sure why not a squishy unit getting targeted more often isnt a bad thing.

Global gumi is deathly afraid of releasing a unit that good.

Well FWIW, it shows the devs hate the cross-promotion too if they chose to make her bad, or it was like a choice between "good unit but only through pull" or "bad but free." I guess it would be blind optimism to believe even for a second that Gumi gives anything of a gently caress about anything they are making.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am not entirely convinced that the US devs understand the balance of the game well enough to intentionally make her bad, especially if you consider what they did with cerius and medius or even bc lid, who i sincerely doubt they meant to make really strong

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i dont know that 6* rain is necessarily great and i looked it up kataranisword and embolden is 45% to rains 40%, but on the other hand having a 6* full break unit will be nice in the short term. probably a better way to spend my cactaurs then ariana grande, as much as i love her presence annoying pubbies

Both Rain and Aria have the lowest EXP curve if it helps, it won't take as much EXP to max them out.

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016
Got my Dark Fina to level 54 if anyone wants to use her.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you plan on using 6* rain as a buffer at all, his base mp is atrocious and he can only cast his buff twice. and that's it, no breaking at all allowed.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
Wooow, that Trial was brutal. Took me over an hour, mostly because I don't have top shelf damage.

CoD @ 650 ATK
Cecil
BCL
Bartz @ 500 ATK
Refia with DC
Goon Friend Noct @ 750+ ATK

MVP was obviously Noct, but the core team of Bartz/Refia/Cecil was essential for me. Hell, CoD did excellent work, so pretty much the only dead weight was Lid.
I brought her along thinking her Hex Strike would help a bunch, but it turns out diminishing returns are a BITCH, and Noct filled the status role (alongside every role) with Fire Flask. I could have given Bartz the Barthundara and 5 manned it with zero difference. Or better yet, stripped Bartz down and brought a Chizuru w/ DW instead of Lid. Bartz damage is pretty trash, sadly.

Scary point: Wandering One + Chimera fight left me at the end of a turn with EVERYONE dead except CoD at 170 HP. Next turn, Phoenix down on Refia and by some miracle they didn't kill her afterwards. Then she starts the revive train and I'm back in business.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Fuuuuuck that trial.

But at least my D.Rain approaches the upper limits of his power.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mile'ionaha posted:

Fuuuuuck that trial.

But at least my D.Rain approaches the upper limits of his power.

who is his little friend in the corner there

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Nintendo just announced a Fire Emblem Gacha game, out next month. Lots of stuff seems suspiciously familiar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWOcLSD_D1I

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

who is his little friend in the corner there

Oh!

That's my fiance. Way more interesting than 700ATK, but let's keep it on topic: p

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shingouryu posted:

Nintendo just announced a Fire Emblem Gacha game, out next month. Lots of stuff seems suspiciously familiar...

Yes, but does it have Pop Sensation Ariana Grande?

I don't think so.
:smugdog:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I think this will be my first event where I skip all Trust Moogles. I'm already sitting on a pile and don't have anything super urgent to save them for. Plus I only have ~150% bonus so the opportunity cost for just the 30k Moogle is ~37% total TMR gain.

Now I wonder if I can actually stick to my guns (and maths) and not end up grinding it anyway.

Oh, while I'm here... I just want to rant about the stupid loving opponent ratio system. Not only is it completely loving RNG on who your opponents are selected as, but the better you do, the less overall points you get. I'm only at like ~1200 rank for the week and the only opponents left that will give me 1.50 ratio are the top 20 who show up once in a blue moon.

The difference between 1.50 ratio and 1.20 ratio opponents is like 50 points which certainly adds up across an entire month.

Maybe I should just be less of a sperglord about this lovely arena feature.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shingouryu posted:

Eh, if anything it's the Phantom of the Kill to Exvius's Brave Frontier.

I expect a crossover approximately never.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
My thirst for more rolls cannot be quenched.
Since permadeath is out of the window I hope it has a super lovely abusive feature like breakable weapons.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

HGH posted:

Since permadeath is out of the window I hope it has a super lovely abusive feature like breakable weapons.

My bet's on a FE5-esque stamina system where you have to cycle out your entire team every few missions, and if they die, you have to keep them on the bench longer. It gives the feeling of punishing deaths without getting JP's gacha laws riled up.

Naturally, you'd be expected to bypass this with generous application of premium currency.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Hey, anyone who's got me on their friend list, I've stopped playing, so feel free to de-friend me. (Ingame name is ShaTowSA)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

Most mobile games simplify systems. FE's finite equipment would be one of the first things on the chopping block. Especially if there's any sort of equipment gacha too, though I can't think of a gacha game with characters + gear as paid pulls. I'm sure they exist though.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Wouldn't pulling for both characters and gear be a huge violation of JP gacha laws?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wouldn't pulling for both characters and gear be a huge violation of JP gacha laws?

Valkyrie connect has both. I don't see how it would violate anything, and I imagine it doesn't since I'm pretty sure the systems are the same in JP. They're in the same gacha, so you can do a ten pull and get 2 characters and 8 pieces of gear or that sort of thing.

Despite how this may sound it's actually a much nicer gacha than FFBE's in my experience

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Twelve by Pies posted:

Only if you have to have both, I think?

HGH posted:

I'm guessing instead of perma-death your dudes have to sit out a certain number of hours if they die. Also yeah breakable weapons for sure, that's a fire emblem staple.

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016
Will the goons with Gilgamesh, Dark Rain and Elza make room and add me? Either says you have room or to ask in the thread. :)

Dark Fina

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, how many Crystal Makeup Trinkets does one need to get Dangerous Ariana to 6 stars with all her gear?

I'm asking for a friend.

Maybe I'll give her two microphones, two evening gloves, and Barrage... the note currency doesn't seem to be rare at all.

Also there seem to be a nonzero chance of getting cactuses from this thing so far... one Gigantaur per run on the hardest level.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jan 19, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Unfortunately not even Ariana is good enough to dualwield microphones. In other words Harps are basically off limits for both that and apparently Doublehand as well.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ariana shows up in your inbox when you earn her! Don't be stupid like me and freak out looking for her...

Tengama
Sep 6, 2011

HGH posted:

Unfortunately not even Ariana is good enough to dualwield microphones. In other words Harps are basically off limits for both that and apparently Doublehand as well.

Picture in this thread of her dual wielding them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5ovgf6/confirmation_that_arianna_can_dualwield_her/

Also 500 lapis if you awaken her to 5* and some other stuff sent at a later date based on how many people get her.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/community-event-dangerous-ariana/733421923486357

Looks like if you sell/fuse her you can't get either.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
I swapped out my Lightning for a Locke for those who want to farm this event, he's making a big difference in getting those 6* mats.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I'm going back to Academia till I have enough phantoms for what I want. The Ariana event doesn't look too hard to grind her up to six stars and get all her gear, I'll do that after I'm done with King Mog.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think I can make a pretty good Dangerous Ariana because I have Dualcast, Ultima, and MAG +30% TMRs. She'll at least replace Kefka on my arena team who was really on there to cast Ultima anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
She has really great base MAG and can use two microphones and two evening gloves. For new players she's a godsend, for older players she is a solid but limited caster with good support abilities.

• Locked thread