Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
RIP Memphis you were bad and I always hated that you complained about people using your last name and never even bothered to just get it changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
depay could have been a good player imo but man utd signed the wrong psv player that summer

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shrapnig posted:

They sold him for half of what they bought him for two years ago...

Considering how bad he has been it's a good deal if the add ons taking it up to £22m are true

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

julian assflange posted:

Considering how bad he has been it's a good deal if the add ons taking it up to £22m are true

Add-ons usually require the player to be good though

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

vyelkin posted:

Add-ons usually require the player to be good though

he only has to be good by Ligue 1 standards though

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
what about memphis' dog, is that staying in manchester

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Time to give Micky the #7 shirt

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Eau de MacGowan posted:

what about memphis' dog, is that staying in manchester

Sorry op, but I have no idea if your ma is staying in Manchester, you should ask her maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Any Swedes itt? We just bought Tesfaldet Tekie from Norkoppig and I don't know anything about him except he's a midfielder and looks 14 year old.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ninpo posted:

This

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Ninpo posted:

Owen...

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
According to various places, West Ham are now front runners to sign Jose Fonte. He's a good player but I'm not completely sure we need him. Signing him suggests we're going to stick with 3-4-3 and put Byram at wing back. Despite the fact that we're much better with 4 at the back.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

According to various places, West Ham are now front runners to sign Jose Fonte. He's a good player but I'm not completely sure we need him. Signing him suggests we're going to stick with 3-4-3 and put Byram at wing back. Despite the fact that we're much better with 4 at the back.

Why would Southampton sell him? He's been there for ages and has been a pretty good partner to Van Dijk.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Why would Southampton sell him? He's been there for ages and has been a pretty good partner to Van Dijk.

He put in a transfer request a month ago and has 18 months left on his contract. May as well get some money for him, I guess

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
Attn BSE and other bad name enjoyers:

quote:

Fulham are amongst three Football League clubs linked with a move to snap up Sutton United’s FA Cup hero Roarie Deacon

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not sure why he would swap Southampton for West Ham

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

Any Swedes itt? We just bought Tesfaldet Tekie from Norkoppig and I don't know anything about him except he's a midfielder and looks 14 year old.

All I know is he won the league with them last year op.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
loving hell Roarie

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Southampton to West Ham seems like a lateral move at best for a player of his quality, and that's being generous to West Ham. I assumed he'd put in a transfer request cos he was after a move to a bigger club.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

He's a million times better than Collins and probably better than Ogbonna? And Collins can't play in a back 3 so it gives us an option to actually do a 3-4-3 properly

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
With shitlers like Nordtveit and Collins, West Ham needs improvements. Need a FB as well, since Byram is crap as a winger when they go 3 center backs.

Let's just hope they're putting in a proper bid, unlike the lol bids for Snodgrass and Defoe

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Wazzerphuk posted:

Attn BSE and other bad name enjoyers:

He sounds like he should be a lion vicar in a childrens cartoon

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Daktari posted:

With shitlers like Nordtveit and Collins, West Ham needs improvements. Need a FB as well, since Byram is crap as a winger when they go 3 center backs.

Let's just hope they're putting in a proper bid, unlike the lol bids for Snodgrass and Defoe

aging player at 18 months old? lol bid and huge wages

I don't understand how anyone looks at west ham's squad and performances and think Jose Fonte is a relevant suggestion
e; lol he's older than collins this really is a loving idiotic move for everyone involved except Fonte's agent

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
According to the Guardian, Arsenal agreed to sell Jenkinson to Palace for 7m, but the move fell apart because Jenkinson wanted more than 40k a week.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Carl Jenkinson is bad at football.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

peanut- posted:

Carl Jenkinson is bad at football.

He is.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Well how is he supposed to afford to live in London on 40k a week

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ninpo posted:

very carefully

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Ninpo posted:

Just live in Cheshire and take your helicopter to training every day

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Looks like Jake Livermore is going to WBA for £10m. Guess the new Hull manager didn't fancy him.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

MrBling posted:

Looks like Jake Livermore is going to WBA for £10m. Guess the new Hull manager didn't fancy him.

probably that and the fact I doubt the allams gave him a war chest of any kind.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

MrBling posted:

I'm not sure about this

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

MrBling posted:

Maybe the new Hull manager did fancy him and that was the problem

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Paperhouse posted:

Maybe the new Hull manager did fancy him and that was the problem

bit of the mikkel beck about him?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

bit of the mikkel beck about him?

Who's this now? You remind me.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Belfodil to Everton is off according to Belgian media.
Supposedly his agents would take 2/3rds of the transfer price and Standard didn't really like that :)

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

shut up blegum posted:

Belfodil to Everton is off according to Belgian media.
Supposedly his agents would take 2/3rds of the transfer price and Standard didn't really like that :)

If that is the case, how are Liege ever going to sell him? He could just go for a free when his contract runs out and that would be worse.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Sad King Billy posted:

If that is the case, how are Liege ever going to sell him? He could just go for a free when his contract runs out and that would be worse.

very carefully

No, but seriously, I don't know. However Standard are fighting for a play-off I spot (yes we have play-offs, no don't ask about them) right now and Belfodil scores quite easily for them. They also lost Trebel this transfer window, so I kinda get that they don't want to let him go, especially if they get very little money for it.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

We've signed Jake Livermore I guess!

https://twitter.com/WBA/status/822368066365329408

I dont know how to embed tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Thirteenth Step posted: