Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

maybe stick around instead of instantly abandoning his partner to her fate to save his own yellow-striped rear end? just spitballing here, I mean I'm sure game theory says something about optimization in a crisis but these humans can be so illogical

They say you're not supposed to do that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

maybe stick around instead of instantly abandoning his partner to her fate to save his own yellow-striped rear end? just spitballing here, I mean I'm sure game theory says something about optimization in a crisis but these humans can be so illogical

seriously, they are both lucky she didn't get raped and murdered, it doesn't exactly take a long time. He's her fiance. If you're not willing to get stabbed defending your partner, stay in the dating game and leave the marriage to people who are a little more selfless.

honestly I bet those robbers felt really bad for her

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Me [36/F] with my boyfriend [36 M] of a year...He hit me/terrorized me after I bit him and is blaming me...But am I actually the one in the wrong here?

quote:

I've been with James for a year. Our relationship (we are poly/non monogamous) could, at best, be described as tumultuous. So much so that we've been seeing a therapist for almost 2 months now.

Our anniversary was this past weekend and we had decided to go to a swinger party he had been to before. I was excited to go to the party, but didn't want to have sex with anyone other than James that night (I had my period and, I was dealing with some other female issues). James and I agreed it was cool for each of us to make out with other people, but no penetrative sex.

We got to the party and everything was going well. James and I were drinking and mingling and having a good time. That is until a couple we had tried to connect with before showed up. James got pretty uncomfortable because he had really liked them and he blamed me for things not working out with them. I asked him if he wanted me to try and mend the fence with them and he said yes.

A few hours into the evening and James and I, and the couple we had been trying to reconnect with were getting on pretty well. I had been drinking quite a bit and I was pretty tipsy, but not sloppy drunk.

The people hosting the party herded everyone (about 12-14 people) all into a room so the more intimate festivities could begin. At this point James was leaning up against a dresser and I was sitting on the floor between his legs leaning my head against him. We were observing some erotic shenanigans, and I got pretty turned on. I nuzzled into his leg a little and attempted to give him a sexy nibble. However, and I don't know if I slipped, or if I just caught him at the exact wrong angle, but I hurt him. I swear it was an accident, I was not trying to hurt him.

James then punched me in the back of the head, slapped me in the face, and stormed out of the room. I just sat there stunned. He's never done anything like this before. Not two seconds after he walked out of the door some guy sat down next to me and started trying to talk to me about what had just happened. I know I said something back to him, but I don't remember what. I'm guessing I looked uncomfortable though because the couple James and I had been talking with came and squeezed their way in next to me. I don't know where the other guy went.

I was talking with the female half of the couple when she kissed me, and I kissed her back. James came back and saw us. He crooked a finger at me from the doorway, and I grabbed my stuff and left the room. When I got to where James was waiting for me he said "We're leaving". I said ok, and went to grab my coat. By the time I got it on James was already out the door.

Now the party wasn't in the greatest part of town, it was 10* out, I was not familiar with the area, and though we had taken my car James was driving and I was drunk. I was in high heels, and he wouldn't slow down, so I had to take my shoes off and run barefoot down the street after him.

When we got in the car I tried to talk to him, but before I could say anything he slapped his hand down on my leg as hard as he could and squeezed. I screamed it hurt so bad. He started driving erratically, doing 70 mph down narrow side streets. He screamed at me the whole time. I don't remember everything he said.

At this point I though he was angry because I had kissed the woman, and I said I was sorry I had kissed her, but I though he wanted me to fix things with them. He screamed something like, "Oh you fixed it for you! They love you! Everybody loves you!"

I started crying, I was begging him to pull over, or at least slow down. He screamed at me "You're crying! I used to cry like that! But I can't anymore because of you!"

When we got back to his place, (it wasn't a far drive), I asked him to get out of the car. I was still crying. I was downright hysterical. I probably asked him 10 times to get out of the car. When he finally did I jumped from the passenger seat into the driver's seat slammed the door shut and locked the car.

I tried to drive away, but James stood in front of the car and threw his jacket on my hood. He moved to the driver's side to try and talk to me and I drove around the block.

I didn't know what to do. I've been to Jame's place a bunch of times, but I don't know the area. My home was an hour a way, and I was drunk. I couldn't call the cops because I was in my car, and drunk. James called and he sounded calmer. I went back to his place, and we went to bed.

The next day he ranted to me that (and I'm quoting here exactly): When you tell this story, I'm going to look like a psychotic, abusive, poo poo bag. But if the genders were reversed, then no one would bat an eyelash at my reaction.

And I didn't even know how to respond. I'm telling myself that what he did WAS psychotic and abusive, but the doubt is there. Is this my fault for biting him?

tl;dr: Went to a swinger's party with my boyfriend for our anniversary. Tried to give him a sexy nibble, did it too hard, so he punched me in the head, slapped me in the face, forced me to leave the party, drove like a crazy person to scare me and hit me again while doing so.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Me [28M] approaching a self esteem crisis over women's constant disappointment with my average penis, seeking advice

u/sizedisappoints1m

I am really in need of advice from women or other men who perhaps have experienced something similar, so thank you in advance for reading.

I am 28 years old, and at risk of being extremely immodest, it is important to note that I am tall, athletic (6'3, a muscular 220 lb), and generally told I am very handsome. The problem is that I have a penis that doesn't otherwise match my physique at all, and is under 5".

I grew up in a not so big town in the midwest and went to a similar college there where I played a lot of college football and ran track. I lost my virginity to my high school sweetheart and we were together through all of college too, until I decided it was time to move to a bigger city and pursue a different kind of life. This was an extremely difficult decision, but I felt it was the right one. Despite an incredible amount of female interest during college and beyond, I was faithful and had only slept with her until I moved, which was when I was 23.

Since then, I have been on innumerable dates on and off throughout the years. Many women have been extremely flirtatious and interested in me at first, but when we finally get back to the bedroom to be intimate, it is the same story over and over. As I take my pants off virtually every girl I've been with has looked stunned, perhaps expecting me to be completely hung to match my body. I'm not. Either we have sex where they tend to seem disappointed (maybe that's just my false interpretation) or they just want to do foreplay and leave it at that. This has happened about 25 or so times over the past few years. I even tried expectation setting to some degree, letting them know what I have, which was usually played off as cute banter prior to the reveal. It hurts to see the same look on their faces over and over. I workout frequently and have maintained myself very well, which is a lot of work! It doesn't seem like it matters anymore and I'm getting depressed.

This pattern has been consistent and I am at the point where I am nearing a self esteem crisis. I don't mean self harm or something like that, but I am seriously contemplating moving back to my hometown and begging my ex to take my back. She is still single and we talk every now and then. At least she liked what I was born with. I am too shy to discuss with female friends, hence, Reddit. Please help. Also, I am about to go to work where it will be difficult to reply, so please forgive me on that.

TL;DR - Below average penis size consistently disappoints prospective lovers despite having an otherwise blessed physique which is starting to take a serious toll on my mental health.

Homeboy needs to stop blaming his dick and start learning how to actually please others in bed.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Me [36/F] with my boyfriend [36 M] of a year...He hit me/terrorized me after I bit him and is blaming me...But am I actually the one in the wrong here?

should have :sever:ed his penis

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Unless she literally bit his ear off, I'm having trouble seeing how the BF could not be the horrible rear end in a top hat in this situation.

I can understand losing your temper for a moment if someone unexpectedly hurts you, but turning it into an hour long, violent temper tantrum is hosed up.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

jesus loving christ, he beat the poo poo out of her over a love bite in a room full of people

I can't believe she's asking if she's the one in the wrong... What in the hell. He sounds borderline AF and it sounds like getting hit is a pretty normal occasion in her life.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Pvt.Scott posted:

I'm glad none of you are on my jury, Christ.

Lady leaves phone somewhere after saying she thinks 8ish is maybe when she'll be done, drunk idiot tries to be funny via text on lady's phone and in the process clears the notifications that would have been on the home screen, lady loses track of time but eventually checks phone when on the way home, drama happens.

If you've never had friends or acquaintances vandalize your logged-in Facebook with statuses about how much you love cock (or more likely MySpace, backwhen people were less savvy about logging out on shared comps) or send inappropriate texts/send pictures of ballsacks/leave weird voicemails from your phone...well you probably had better friends than I did at that point in my life. A drunk coworker sending "pithy" innuendo on an open phone does not strain my credulity in the slightest.

By timestamps, she left her phone laying around somewhere for two hours. Oh no, better sever the relationship! I've had my phone on me before and missed text messages because the phone was on vibrate, but stowed in baggy clothing and not pressed against my body, and there was enough ambient noise to drown out the little humming noises. Usually I was having a meal and conversing with a friend or doing something else enjoyable that ended up lasting longer than planned. When I check my phone after leaving, oops, there's 15 missed messages about something that needed my attention an hour or two ago.

I've just started leaving my phone face down on the table at lunch or whatever so I can hear the buzz to at least be aware that I'm getting messages. Then, when there's a lull in the convo, I can take a quick peek and see if it's anything I need to reply to. That's why I leave it face down, so I don't look at it while talking to someone.

Her man has every right to be wary and suspicious, but come on. How is she instantly a deceiving, heartless cheater to you guys? Show me on the doll where your heart was broken.

I agree that people are kind of piling on hard, but in the thread she says she was looking at facebook on her phone during the night so you'd think she would have either seen the text messages or noticed the time at some point. I'm not going to jump on the "she's cheating" train just yet, but she at the very least should realize that going AWOL for 3+ hours when you never do something like that is never a good thing, add in the rear end in a top hat co-worker and you can see where the husband is coming from.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pvt.Scott posted:

I'm glad none of you are on my jury, Christ.

Lady leaves phone somewhere after saying she thinks 8ish is maybe when she'll be done, drunk idiot tries to be funny via text on lady's phone and in the process clears the notifications that would have been on the home screen, lady loses track of time but eventually checks phone when on the way home, drama happens.

If you've never had friends or acquaintances vandalize your logged-in Facebook with statuses about how much you love cock (or more likely MySpace, backwhen people were less savvy about logging out on shared comps) or send inappropriate texts/send pictures of ballsacks/leave weird voicemails from your phone...well you probably had better friends than I did at that point in my life. A drunk coworker sending "pithy" innuendo on an open phone does not strain my credulity in the slightest.

By timestamps, she left her phone laying around somewhere for two hours. Oh no, better sever the relationship! I've had my phone on me before and missed text messages because the phone was on vibrate, but stowed in baggy clothing and not pressed against my body, and there was enough ambient noise to drown out the little humming noises. Usually I was having a meal and conversing with a friend or doing something else enjoyable that ended up lasting longer than planned. When I check my phone after leaving, oops, there's 15 missed messages about something that needed my attention an hour or two ago.

I've just started leaving my phone face down on the table at lunch or whatever so I can hear the buzz to at least be aware that I'm getting messages. Then, when there's a lull in the convo, I can take a quick peek and see if it's anything I need to reply to. That's why I leave it face down, so I don't look at it while talking to someone.

Her man has every right to be wary and suspicious, but come on. How is she instantly a deceiving, heartless cheater to you guys? Show me on the doll where your heart was broken.

The guy sent her husband basically the most "I just hosed your wife" text possible short of actually saying it and the best she could say was "sry that text wasn't from me".

Whether she cheated or not, she cheated. That is always going to be the paradigm in her relationship. He is never going to believe her explanation because it's ridiculous and doesn't add up, whether or not it's the truth. It's the way she behaved that night. She could have fixed all of this by just calling him when she noticed the text messages and explaining the situation, but she didn't. She didn't explain anything about it until the next day, even, which leads me to believe she was spending time formulating an alibi.

I know if it was me and my partner and I was gone for 3 hours unannounced she would be chaining panic attacks and I would have a lot of apologies to make and a lot of explaining to do. A one sentence long text and a peck on the cheek when I got home before going straight to bed would not have a positive outcome on my relationship. If the story she is telling was true, she would have explained herself the same night, and she would have immediately crucified her co-worker. Because she didn't, it's always going to be suspect.

Communication is important.

edit: but seriously though if this was me and I looked at my phone and I saw a text in my log I know I didn't send to my wife that said "don't worry baby he's in good hands ;)" I would be moving heaven and earth to call her and explain what the gently caress was going on immediately before my marriage came to a screeching halt. Above and beyond everything else in her story, the fact that she saw that text and didn't immediately panic, call her husband, and explain the situation is enough proof to me that she's either a liar or a bad partner.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 19, 2017

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Pvt.Scott posted:

doing something else enjoyable that ended up lasting longer than planned.

Yes, sucking her colleagues cock while he texted her husband.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

given that timeline of events the husband is basically a saint for not flipping out on his dirtbag wife the second she came home, what the hell

Ten Wasted Dollars
Oct 24, 2010
you guys are loving retarded

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Fullhouse posted:

given that timeline of events the husband is basically a saint for not flipping out on his dirtbag wife the second she came home, what the hell

hahaha seriously

I can't imagine reacting in any other way than pacing the goddamn house until she came home, and then having an hours-long argument over basic respect and concerns for safety, not to mention the skeevy text from Some Dude You Work With, on this, the one night you've ever come home 4 hours late from a work event.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

My (19m) gf (18f) has EXTREME ocd with food chewing and its getting out of hand

quote:

If it's just us or with friends, she ALWAYS comments on someone chewing. She'll say theyre chewing like a cow and can't take it anymore. Her mom has told me that she has taken her mom's food and thrown it away because my gf says she's chewing too loudly.

Today, we were eating in my car before class, and she straight stormed off because I was "chewing like a cow". She has also taken my food away and said I can't eat anymore.

We've been dating for 4 months, and this issue has pretty much existed since the beginning. I just didn't take it seriously at first because I've never met someone with such a problem. It routinely causes arguments and idk how to fix this.

tl;dr gf has really bad ocd with people chewing, to the point of taking my food away, and idk what to do.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I have misophonia and I understand this completely (except the taking away food part, that's a bit much.)

People chewing crunchy food can actually give me a panic attack. The guy next to me at work likes to eat Gardettos with his mouth open and I've had to leave the building before because of it.

He should probably eat less food per bite, chew more softly and with his mouth closed and I'd bet you she'd have nothing to complain about. Considering all of these are basic polite behavior, I don't think it's a lot to ask.

Honestly, I think she's a lot less weird than the people who get a bag of pretzels and loudly CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP them down in a room full of people and without being self conscious about it.

edit: she definitely needs more tact, ftr, but she's 18 years old, that's something you have to learn as you get older, really. She's probably been able to get away with this for years but once she's in the working world to a serious degree I imagine she'll get over this real quick when it becomes consequential. I stopped commenting on people's chewing and started just finding an excuse to go elsewhere when I was in my early 20s.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 19, 2017

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mirthless posted:

People chewing crunchy food can actually give me a panic attack.
Sell your hair and use the proceeds to get therapy.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Yawgmoth posted:

Sell your hair and use the proceeds to get therapy.

I'm already in therapy. You can't cure Misophonia or treat it with medication. Mindfulness and CBT might help (not really confirmed) but I'm always going to have this problem (and so is she)

Like most mental illnesses it comes down to figuring out how to make accommodations for yourself, because people sure as hell aren't going to make them for you. He's not going to be able to fix her so she does not feel this way, she needs to figure out alternative coping strategies. And if her partner can't chew quietly, she should probably date somebody else, not because that's rude, but because her mental health is more important than her teenager relationship and she clearly does not have the coping skills to deal with this problem right now.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008

Mirthless posted:

Honestly, I think she's a lot less weird than the people who get a bag of pretzels and loudly CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP them down in a room full of people and without being self conscious about it.

Nah, she the weird one.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

TheAsterite posted:

Nah, she the weird one.

Yeah, I know, I really just wanted to bitch about people who loudly scarf down crunchy food with their mouths open like pigs

If you're a grown adult and you're not chewing with your mouth closed, gently caress you

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mirthless posted:

Yeah, I know, I really just wanted to bitch about people who loudly scarf down crunchy food with their mouths open like pigs

If you're a grown adult and you're not chewing with your mouth closed, gently caress you

Buh whah if ihs ely haoatt aaahhh ahhhhh ssshhhhaaaaa

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Either he has the most sensitive dick in the world or she just triggered some super repressed memory? I have no idea but either way lady loving run.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Ugh, this story is another

And did everyone just happen to miss polyboy punching and slapping his girlfriend when they were all in the same room or did they just decide it was better not to get involved beyond checking if she was okay? If I saw that poo poo, I would've at the very least tried to discourage OP from going with the nutto, or I would've felt like an accomplice. :(

Gotta side with the girl here (minus taking away food). I don't think I have misophonia, but I mostly go mad from the sound of people smacking their lips. Crunching and slurping sounds are generally fine, but urgrggh hearing wet smacking and chewing at the same time, especially if combined with breathing that sounds labored (or that sound when you exhale and phlegm is stuck in your throat), just makes me feel irrationally upset. Loudly chewing/smacking gum seems to be the worst!

Mirthless posted:

I knew someone who did this, but with everything. Even foods that shouldn't result in smacking sounds, like popcorn! Earplugs helped.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dude, you gotta let her go so you can eat as much food as you can stand until your metabolism fails you. Then you date the food controling spouse and smugly act like your just really healthy on your own. Best part is it may be the same girl since nobody else should be putting up with this. Its just a break, really.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Mirthless posted:

Some people are just super loud chewers though. My dad will chew with his mouth closed but you can still clearly hear it and it's accompanied by all those throat-noises, suppressed burps and occasional heavy breaths and it makes me just get up and leave the room for a minute.

On the other hand people that get openly upset about loud chewing and act like babies about it suck, too. When I was 12 I was chewing with my mouth open and my step mom started imitating me by chewing with her mouth open, but really over the top and with her eyes crossed and smacking her lips a bunch, so I told her to go gently caress herself (then I got grounded)

In hindsight I was definitely acting like a little poo poo, but whatever I was 12 and I chew with my mouth closed, now.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

datajugend posted:

Buh whah if ihs ely haoatt aaahhh ahhhhh ssshhhhaaaaa

hey man a couple of bites when it's super hot is one thing, but if you're going back in for extra bites after you scorched all the tastebuds off your tongue I feel like I have the right to judge you.

LethalGeek posted:

Either he has the most sensitive dick in the world or she just triggered some super repressed memory? I have no idea but either way lady loving run.

Seriously, he beat her, in public. Run far the gently caress away from that situation, and run fast. Everything about the story before that made me uneasy, and everything about the story after that made me full on terrified for this lady, the guy basically had a complete psychotic break over a love bite. I'd be really worried about how much further this could escalate. The erratic driving, the incredibly fast jump to pretty extreme violence, holding her against her will, etc... This guy will end up murdering her eventually.

The fact that she's questioning who was really at fault, too, and the way she says other things in her post... This guy likes to gaslight her, a lot, and she buys into it. Everything is her fault. When people don't like them it's her fault. When she gets hit, it's her fault. When she says he was acting irrational, no he wasn't, and it was her fault. Etc. There's layers upon layers of abuse here, I really hope she gets out. :sever: :sever: :sever: :sever: :sever:

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Pick posted:

punchability level... extreme...

Everything about this from computer science to a game shop to a nerdlinger offending the poo poo out of a woman because she was attractive and it made him so mad is just, it's perfect. I want to frame this story and hit people with it.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Me [28M] approaching a self esteem crisis over women's constant disappointment with my average penis, seeking advice

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Themata posted:

Gotta side with the girl here (minus taking away food). I don't think I have misophonia, but I mostly go mad from the sound of people smacking their lips. Crunching and slurping sounds are generally fine, but urgrggh hearing wet smacking and chewing at the same time, especially if combined with breathing that sounds labored (or that sound when you exhale and phlegm is stuck in your throat), just makes me feel irrationally upset. Loudly chewing/smacking gum seems to be the worst!

Could still be misophonia - it's a relatively "new" condition (in that it's being diagnosed and looked at) and pretty broadly defined.

quote:

Some small studies show that people with misophonia generally have strong negative feelings, thoughts, and physical reactions to specific sounds, which the literature calls "trigger sounds." These sounds are apparently usually soft, but can be loud. One study found that around 80% of the sounds were related to the mouth (eating, yawning, etc.), and around 60% were repetitive. A visual trigger may develop related to the trigger sound.[1][3] It also appears that a misophonic reaction can occur in the absence of an actual sound.[1]

Reactions to the triggers can include aggression toward the origin of the sound, leaving, or remaining in its presence but suffering, trying to block it, or trying to mimic the sound.[3]

The first misophonic reaction may occur when a person is young and can originate from someone in a close relationship, or a pet.[3]

People with misophonia are aware they experience it and that it is not normal; the disruption it causes to their lives ranges from mild to severe.[3] Avoidance and other behaviors can make it harder for people with this condition to achieve their goals and enjoy interpersonal interactions.[2]

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

[exactly the story about penises you'd expect]

TL;DR - Below average penis size consistently disappoints prospective lovers despite having an otherwise blessed physique which is starting to take a serious toll on my mental health.

I'm starting to think that there's got to be some kind of sample bias going on in these stories that the writer doesn't realize. Like how guys who flaunt their wealth get mad because "women are only interested in money", instead of realizing that their approach is going to net women who are only interested in money. Or yes, women who shove their tits into a guy's face and bounce on his lap being mad that they got a guy who only cares about sex.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

General work drama and male long hair chat reminded of the time my boss came up behind me randomly and started playing with my long hair and commenting on it. I was sitting there going oh boy if this was reversed I'd be in HR SO FAST! Didnt bother me one bit but it's funny to me how easily that could have turned into a post that could have shown up here.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

I also have misophonia and it is just the worst, most absurd thing, especially when you don't realise you have it and it manifests as uncontrollable fury every time you hear someone chewing...

Unfortunately it's one of those things that's completely your damage, unreasonable to force other people to accommodate AND it doesn't respond well to treatment so if you've got it you have to learn coping strategies asap (and don't date noisy eaters or people who eat with their mouth open fuuuuck.)

Girl should do some reading and learn some coping strats before she fucks up all her relationships by flipping her poo poo every time someone eats a crisp. Also learn to never, ever tell anyone about it because then they think it's funny to chew in your ear and get butthurt when you lose your mind.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sassassin posted:

You don't have to be drunk to have fun and lose track of time with friends/co-workers.

even in this best case scenario it's intensely disrespectful of your partner to say "be home around 8!" and then go no contact for hours. they are guaranteed to worry about your safety, which could be easily dealt with by simple communication. "losing track of time" = "it doesn't occur to me that my partner is wondering if they should call the police"

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Werong Bustope posted:

Also learn to never, ever tell anyone about it because then they think it's funny to chew in your ear and get butthurt when you lose your mind.
I think anyone whose reaction to "I have X so please try not to Y around me if at all possible" is to do Y even harder and closer to you deserve a solid and lengthy beating.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Werong Bustope posted:

I also have misophonia and it is just the worst, most absurd thing, especially when you don't realise you have it and it manifests as uncontrollable fury every time you hear someone chewing...

Unfortunately it's one of those things that's completely your damage, unreasonable to force other people to accommodate AND it doesn't respond well to treatment so if you've got it you have to learn coping strategies asap (and don't date noisy eaters or people who eat with their mouth open fuuuuck.)

Girl should do some reading and learn some coping strats before she fucks up all her relationships by flipping her poo poo every time someone eats a crisp. Also learn to never, ever tell anyone about it because then they think it's funny to chew in your ear and get butthurt when you lose your mind.

I had somebody do this with a mosquito tone in a training class at one of my previous workplaces, on purpose, for two weeks. I nearly got fired when I eventually had my full meltdown. I was two months into the job and I full on had a screaming fit in the middle of a packed training class, over a sound that only two other people in the room besides me could even hear.

I had to show people wikipedia articles because they wouldn't believe that I was hearing this (they couldn't, high frequency tone) or that it could affect me that negatively. I can't hear the drat things anymore (too old) but when I could they would make me physically ill.

I lucked out and had management come down on my side in this (intentional harassment in the workplace of a mentally ill employee is not a headline you want in the news when you're a multinational corporation) but that could have been way worse in another office. People are dicks.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

boner confessor posted:

even in this best case scenario it's intensely disrespectful of your partner to say "be home around 8!" and then go no contact for hours. they are guaranteed to worry about your safety, which could be easily dealt with by simple communication. "losing track of time" = "it doesn't occur to me that my partner is wondering if they should call the police"

yeah, the most generous reading is that the story happened as told, and she for some reason decided not to let her husband know at any time that the event was running late. She also managed to miss 4 texts over 2 hours, and also let a drunk co worker text back. Her response was than to simply text her husband and wait till the next day to address it.

in the most generous reading, she is a completely inconsiderate rear end and behaved like she was cheating.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

It's hard to read text messages from your husband when you're enthusiastically riding your hot co-worker's dick, to be fair. I can buy he sent the text without her knowing he was about to blow the affair, at least!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Tiny Deer posted:

It's hard to read text messages from your husband when you're enthusiastically riding your hot co-worker's dick, to be fair. I can buy he sent the text without her knowing he was about to blow the affair, at least!

oh, she cheated, just with a moron who thought this was funny, also she probably lied and said she was not married or something so the guy thought it was a jilted lover or something.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

Maybe she told him they had an open relationship and he was into it and the guy was just trying to add to her husband's fantasy? :laffo:

I know I keep saying it, but seriously, that really was the most "I just hosed your wife" text he could have possibly sent.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiny Deer posted:

What amazes me is that the cheating stories are 99% someone cheating in a way so obvious and stupid it's practically offensive. Cheating is wrong, and everyone should dump a cheater, but for god's sakes have some loving pride in your work, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

What amazes me is that the cheating stories are 99% someone cheating in a way so obvious and stupid it's practically offensive. Cheating is wrong, and everyone should dump a cheater, but for god's sakes have some loving pride in your work, you know?

hahaha seriously

like that lady on the last page who admitted to her boyfriend she was going to lie to him constantly but "oh no i'll totally be faithful bb ;)"

christ, people, put a little effort in, really! If you're going to horribly betray somebody who loves you the least you could do is not look like you're half-assing it.