Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

the good fax machine posted:

I'm the fatty with the greasy ponytail

To push somebody as they're walking away is the bitchest of bitch moves. Hope u die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

#19 guy is the bitchiest of bitchmade.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd be willing to bet he has a Chargers, Raiders, Rams, Dodgers and Angels jersey in his closet and goes to the games making all those fanbases look bad. That is definitely LAFan personified, or at least LAFanThatStabsSometimes

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

the chargers got shook

Imagine being a billion+ dollar organization, spend "a year" ripping off the Dodgers logo.. and then change it because the mean people on Twitter bullied you after a day.

LMAO the Spanos family.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

kiimo posted:

I'd be willing to bet he has a Chargers, Raiders, Rams, Dodgers and Angels jersey in his closet and goes to the games making all those fanbases look bad. That is definitely LAFan personified, or at least LAFanThatStabsSometimes
Something tells me that is Dodgers jersey is Ethier.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

The Big Jesus posted:

To push somebody as they're walking away is the bitchest of bitch moves. Hope u die.

Not to mention stepping back when the guy you just pushed steps toward you.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chinatown posted:

Literally TENS, TENS! of LA Chargers fans came out haha.

Plus this hero:
https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/821819913345978368

Dude owns.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

He probably also lives with his mom

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Chichevache posted:

The Spenis.

Speni

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

whiteyfats posted:

Dude owns.

They interviewed him on the radio.

He said that a lot of the jerseys that people were wearing still had tags on them.

He was super chill and is apparently a waiter at a nice rear end Italian restaurant in SD. Solare Ristorante IIRC.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

gently caress yeah, what up fellow South Campus dude. Three lovely years on 21st and 23rd streets. Christ do I miss those sunsets. And that teryaki. I may be homesick/hungry.

When did you go to WWU? I remember a time entering one of the computer labs in Haggard and a person two computers away from me was browsing TFF. I only recognized it because I saw Gendo's Ann Frank Minnesota avatar out of the corner of my eye.

I wasn't going to be a weird goon and ask stairs in a lab.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Chinatown posted:

He said that a lot of the jerseys that people were wearing still had tags on them.

Supposedly Central Casting had a call for male football fans in Inglewood. Jerseys and hats to be provided.

A number of extras are ex-cons because Central Casting is in the pamphlet of suggested jobs available to you when you get out.

Raiders fans still outnumbering Chargers fans at their home events.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Raiders officially filed for relocation.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
https://twitter.com/SteveSisolak/status/822127812727349248

produce your gifs everyone

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:hellyeah:

:regd08:

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
gonna become a raiders fan. my chargers homer dad is now spinning in his grave

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

chupacabraTERROR posted:

gonna become a raiders fan. my chargers homer dad is now spinning in his grave

They're relocating him too?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Haha, since football season starts before hockey, the NHL will no longer be the first pro team in Vegas.

They must be pissed. Thought they were going to have the whole market to themselves, now they have to try to build a fanbase with a lovely expansion roster while competing for attention against a Super Bowl contender.

Intruder posted:

The Raiders move would happen in a couple years IIRC

Oh, I was under the impression they'd play in Sam Boyd.

Kevyn fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 19, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kevyn posted:

Haha, since football season starts before hockey, the NHL will no longer be the first pro team in Vegas.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Intruder posted:

Thats still up for discussion, they might play in the UNLV stadium, since the Chargers have already set the precedent of playing in a tiny rear end stadium while waiting for construction to be finished

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Glumslinger posted:

Thats still up for discussion, they might play in the UNLV stadium, since the Chargers have already set the precedent of playing in a tiny rear end stadium while waiting for construction to be finished

The irony is that Stubhub and Sam Boyd are better stadiums than Qualcomm and O.Co

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
+1 thread title change

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah sticking around after you've announced a definite move could result in a year of depressed sales, etc. On the other hand, bay area Raiders fans might appreciate a "farewell" season or something. I'd probably finally bother to go to a game at the Colosseum as a last-chance-to-see kind of thing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah sticking around after you've announced a definite move could result in a year of depressed sales, etc. On the other hand, bay area Raiders fans might appreciate a "farewell" season or something. I'd probably finally bother to go to a game at the Colosseum as a last-chance-to-see kind of thing.

Farewell seasons never turn out well

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i'm glad i was too young to understand the gravity of the situation back when the Patriots were potentially getting relocated. now i get to laugh at las vegas/san diego.

welcome to the New NFL™

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Laugh at San Diego. Be jealous of Las Vegas.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

what happens to oakland's pride if the a's find a way to move to san jose or anywhere that's not oakland

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Laugh at San Diego. Be jealous of Las Vegas.

The opposite actually. Be glad that San Diego didn't build a stadium for a billionaire

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

While I recognize the the morally correct decision of the San Diego voters I somehow do not have a shred of remorse for Las Vegas charging Las Vegas tourists taxes to build a stadium. The entire city is an audacious testament to what dirty money can do even in the harshest of conditions. The entire thing is like Al Capone built a speakeasy on Mars.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ima totes go to Vegas and watch a NFL game and get super drunk and stumble around the strip if this actually happens.

FYI.

kiimo posted:

While I recognize the the morally correct decision of the San Diego voters I somehow do not have a shred of remorse for Las Vegas charging Las Vegas tourists taxes to build a stadium. The entire city is an audacious testament to what dirty money can do even in the harshest of conditions. The entire thing is like Al Capone built a speakeasy on Mars.

This applies:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, the best outcome would have been if the Chargers got a new stadium in SD that was 100% funded by Spanos.

On the flip side I have no idea what's best for the Raiders since it seems their fans root for them regardless of their location. The Oco Coliseum needs to get blown up, regardless lest the A's continue to play in poop.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

When did you go to WWU? I remember a time entering one of the computer labs in Haggard and a person two computers away from me was browsing TFF. I only recognized it because I saw Gendo's Ann Frank Minnesota avatar out of the corner of my eye.

I wasn't going to be a weird goon and ask stairs in a lab.

2004-08, graduated in winter. I was an '07 reg so it could have been me? Probably not though I wasn't in Haggard much. Computer labs suck.

a neat cape posted:

The opposite actually. Be glad that San Diego didn't build a stadium for a billionaire

Agreed on this front. Vegas could be using these taxes to fund schools or improve infrastructure, but instead they'll be used to subsidize billionaires.

Proud of San Diego for resisting this, here's hoping we're seeing the start of real pushback against public financing of stadiums.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, the best outcome would have been if the Chargers got a new stadium in SD that was 100% funded by Spanos.

On the flip side I have no idea what's best for the Raiders since it seems their fans root for them regardless of their location. The Oco Coliseum needs to get blown up, regardless lest the A's continue to play in poop.

Mark Davis buys that old Chinese aircraft carrier and the Murderboat Raiders invade away teams cities every sunday

Unless your city is landlocked in which case sorry your city is dumb

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

2004-08, graduated in winter. I was an '07 reg so it could have been me? Probably not though I wasn't in Haggard much. Computer labs suck.

Probably wasn't you. I was there for 05-06, then came back in '09 to finish up.

quote:

Agreed on this front. Vegas could be using these taxes to fund schools or improve infrastructure, but instead they'll be used to subsidize billionaires.

Proud of San Diego for resisting this, here's hoping we're seeing the start of real pushback against public financing of stadiums.

There's been a few recent cases recently of cities refusing to fund stadiums. The new NBA / NHL arena in Seattle, if built, will be 100% privately financed since the city kept balking at Hanson's proposals. Also, the Cubs asked Chicago for money to fund renovations to Wrigley, and Chicago kindly told them to pound sand, and the Ricketts' family ended up paying out of pocket.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

what happens to oakland's pride if the a's find a way to move to san jose or anywhere that's not oakland
With the Raiders gone, the A's will have a relatively easy time of getting a new stadium built at the existing O.co. site with private funds.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

shirts and skins posted:

It'll be the opposite. It's an abject lesson on what'll happen if a city refuses to pony up for a team demanding new facilities, as well as a demonstration that if your city ponies up you too could get a shiny new sports franchise like Vegas did

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

bawfuls posted:

With the Raiders gone, the A's will have a relatively easy time of getting a new stadium built at the existing O.co. site with private funds.

I hope so, but there are two big issues for the coliseum and baseball. First is that mount davis ruins the view and is still being paid off. The other is that the infrastructure is ancient and at sea level, so I can't see a refurbishment being a real solution and blowing the place up won't work either. The site is pretty ideal imo though. Right on 880 and bart with plenty of parking.

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

I am too. I think we've seen a high water mark in the NFL and the days of teams exhorting public funds for stadiums is going to keep declining. Which is tough as the cost of being a competitive NFL team is rising (see the cowboys infrastructure).

There just aren't enough cities with the funds or market size to give the kind of money that teams are asking for. It'll be interesting to see how mid-market teams work to get a stadium moving forward. We'll probably see some threaten to move to larger cities, possibly as a second team (maybe in Chicago) or move out of the country (to Toronto or London). The league is going to have to figure out how to get what they want while not crushing the fanbase and I think that the last round of relocations may spell a change in philosophy with how the NFL operates moving forward.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Is there a reason we don't see Toronto bandied about more often? That's quite a large market, and seems like a more natural fit than an expansion to London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Bills flirted with moving to Toronto for a bit

• Locked thread