Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

botany posted:

we can call the forum "bantustan" maybe!

Actually I like this better in the spirit of comedy forum names.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lowtax posted:

But that person was echoing a similar sentiment I've seen in this thread repeatedly.

Eh, I am not going to tone police your posts, but do you see how people would get defensive when you say the words you are saying, and other people also say stuff like that but are not coming from a good or genuine place?

Like, I have been around long enough to see you post on Twitter or in SaS or whatever and know you mean well, but not everyone sees you in that light, so they come at you like they would some of the other people who come in here and say lovely things.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

Okay how about this: Negrotown can have its own subforum, and KM can mod it.

Ok, cool. Do it.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

e: didn't see lowtax latest post

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Naw, we don't need our own subforum. This thread can exist in D&D and doesn't need its own special mod, just need a D&D mod who is worth a poo poo.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay cool, I have zero problems with that, I'll do it now.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Lowtax posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQPokCpMWxg

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I will gladly be the mayor of Negrotown

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Lowtax posted:

:toot:

But also, banning TB was pretty weak. We're not in a recession right now, you can't be hurting for :10bux: that bad

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

botany posted:

we can call the forum "bantustan" maybe!

I would suggest King Lowtax's Ghost, but that's maybe a little too grim. (and I genuinely appreciate Lowtax making a subforum, it's a good compromise)

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Koalas March posted:

I will gladly be the mayor of Negrotown

You're like the Kramer of Negrotown. You keep falling rear end backwards into more and more power. What is your secret?

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Lowtax do you know that these threads exist because discussion of the topics involved was deemed inappropriate for general US politics discussion? You're proposing a second layer of ghettoization on top of what was already put in place. How about you just revert things back to before you came galumphing in like a bull in a china shop?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Did KM even hand out any probes that were longer than a day? Every probe I saw was well deserved and the length was light-handed. Honestly I don't think that having a total of a whopping three whole threads that have harsher norms is all that restrictive, but what do I know.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lowtax posted:

Okay cool, I have zero problems with that, I'll do it now.

no wait.

This is just going to blow up into more stupid forum drama later.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

WeAreTheRomans posted:

:toot:

But also, banning TB was pretty weak. We're not in a recession right now, you can't be hurting for :10bux: that bad
I don't appreciate folks just trying to troll me when I'm attempting to have a legit discussion.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
i'm just absolutely loving the fact that the great solution to the problems within these forums is to literally segregate the black posters :classiclol:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME!

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
WOW SEPARATE BUT EQUAL WHOOOOO

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Fluffdaddy posted:

no wait.

This is just going to blow up into more stupid forum drama later.
Nah, I seriously have no issue with it.

botany posted:

i'm just absolutely loving the fact that the great solution to the problems within these forums is to literally segregate the black posters :classiclol:
oh poo poo, I didn't even look at it that way.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Lowtax posted:

Truly you are the Marcus Garvey of the internets.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lowtax posted:

This is a really bad idea, but hey, you're the boss.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

I don't appreciate folks just trying to troll me when I'm attempting to have a legit discussion.

While having this legit discussion could you point to the specific examples that led to KM's initial de-modding?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah that isn't going to actually solve any problems. As my problem tends to be with moderation on the whole in D&D. But sure whatever.

We've upgraded our posting ghetto from a thread to a whole sub forum.

Come back in a year and it's gonna be a desirable enough place to post that we are gonna end up gentrified out of it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Lowtax posted:

Can Koala's March post a Rules thread similar to the OP of this thread and actually be allowed to enforce it since everyone entering the subforum is tacitly agreeing to abide by those rules?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lowtax posted:

Nah, I seriously have no issue with it.

I know you are fine with it, but this forum is going to become a target.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Lowtax posted:

It might be helpful if you were to post a screen shot of the forum hierarchy with red lines around the areas that POC are allowed to post in.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Fluffdaddy posted:

This is a really bad idea, but hey, you're the boss.
When I suggested it, people seemed to like the idea.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Lowtax posted:

yeah cause you have blinders on when it comes to racial issues but every time people point that out they get banned mate

Dexo posted:

Yeah that isn't going to actually solve any problems. As my problem tends to be with moderation on the whole in D&D. But sure whatever.

Come back in a year and it's gonna be a desirable enough place to post that we are gonna end up gentrified out of it.

im gonna buy myself a nice thread in the suburbs once the rent level has stabilized :evil:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Lowtax posted:

That's basically exactly the point I tried making to you

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I was going to make a 'Separate but Equal' quip but was expecting to get beaten to the punch.

Dexo posted:

Then when you don't sell your property they can just declare a Forums Emergency and appoint someone to buy your stuff up for pennies on the dollar.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lowtax posted:

free TB

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lowtax posted:

When I suggested it, people seemed to like the idea.

A few did, but this is less about KM being a mod and more that D&D needs moderators that A) aren't thin skinned babies, and B) allow people to post freely as long as they aren't lovely about it. Neither of these things are solved by this.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

:lol:

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
wow we made it like what? maybe 3 days off and on of actually talking about black people things before more dumb bullshit forum drama cropped up courtesy of crybaby bullshit.

maybe with the new forum ghetto we can go a week without Hurt Feelings from whiny shitheads and actually have discussions and a dialogue oh gently caress it who am I kidding this place is the worst

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Fluffdaddy posted:

A few did, but this is less about KM being a mod and more that D&D needs moderators that A) aren't thin skinned babies, and B) allow people to post freely as long as they aren't lovely about it. Neither of these things are solved by this.
That's a different issue that I will be addressing later.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Taerkar posted:

I was going to make a 'Separate but Equal' quip but was expecting to get beaten to the punch.

Then when you don't sell your property they can just declare a Forums Emergency and appoint someone to buy your stuff up for pennies on the dollar.
Gonna build a bridge for the expressway and eminent domain the whole subforum.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

botany posted:

WOW SEPARATE BUT EQUAL WHOOOOO

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
There just not please you people. :rolleyes:

Holy poo poo, that was fast.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lowtax posted:

That's a different issue that I will be addressing later.

They aren't different though. This thread or forum shouldnt even have to exist. It was created explicitly because one of the mods wanted black people segregated from the rest.

American political discussion and black issues are extremely related and we shouldn't need a subforum or even a separate thread to discuss them. Better D&D mods will make this kind of redundant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Oracle posted:

Gonna build a bridge for the expressway and eminent domain the whole subforum.

A superhighway of shitposting. It will be glorious.

• Locked thread