Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Don't worry comrade, partisans are already moving to free her. And by that I mean don't worry about it, it's already taken care of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Fluffdaddy posted:

A few did, but this is less about KM being a mod and more that D&D needs moderators that A) aren't thin skinned babies, and B) allow people to post freely as long as they aren't lovely about it. Neither of these things are solved by this.

It might be if Lowtax authorizes KM to moderate the Negrotown subforum however she sees fit and takes away the excuse people have used to poo poo on these threads existing prior to them being in this subforum.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
Congrats on getting your own place guys, hopefully history doesn't repeat itself and it doesn't go full-LF.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Fluffdaddy posted:

They aren't different though. This thread or forum shouldnt even have to exist. It was created explicitly because one of the mods wanted black people segregated from the rest.

American political discussion and black issues are extremely related and we shouldn't need a subforum or even a separate thread to discuss them. Better D&D mods will make this kind of redundant.

okay I will address this later, I gotta take a huge loving poo poo and then pick up my kids from school, but I will be back

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Lowtax posted:

I don't appreciate folks just trying to troll me when I'm attempting to have a legit discussion.

I guess you become pretty thin-skinned when you can ban anyone who sasses you for the last 20 years

e: I think Negrotown subforum is a pretty OK idea tbh. I mean the ghettoization has already happened so why not commit and at least there can be some Black Panther goons to police their ghetto

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

Okay how about this: Negrotown can have its own subforum, and KM can mod it.

This is actually a fantastic idea

Make a subforum called The Safe Space and then a wild west D&D with different atmospheres

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

biracial bear for uncut posted:

It might be if Lowtax authorizes KM to moderate the Negrotown subforum however she sees fit and takes away the excuse people have used to poo poo on these threads existing prior to them being in this subforum.

she can

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

Lowtax posted:

I don't appreciate folks just trying to troll me when I'm attempting to have a legit discussion.

I honestly wasn't intending to be a troll or anything, I genuinely asked because I've only ever seen white people say that. And it's usually followed by some racist poo poo. I'm not in any way accusing you or anyone else of anything, by the way. It sounded kind of dog-whistle-ey to me and I figured I'd ask people more knowledgeable than myself.

I've lurked in this thread since it started because I've found it incredibly informative and I am always trying to learn how to not be a racist piece of poo poo. Between this thread and the Misogynoir thread I feel like I've learned a lot. So, thanks for that.

Anyway that's my 2 cents I'll go back to lurking now.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god I'm posting in it right now I didn't even realize

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
This event on Januray 19, 2017 marked the end of carpetbag misrule in D&D

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna peace on out of the safe space good call lowtax

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lowtax posted:

When I suggested it, people seemed to like the idea.

You suggested it eight minutes before you made the shift. That's not enough time for any great number of people to see it, read it, think it through, and go 'wait no sto-'. This is a deep structural problem with the forum, and it probably isn't going to be fixed in less time than it takes to make and eat a nice sandwich.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

And it's already off to a roaring start.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Free TB and also pop dog

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lowtax posted:

okay I will address this later, I gotta take a huge loving poo poo and then pick up my kids from school, but I will be back

Kids are important, more important than forums drama.

poo poo taking on the other hand...

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
from an injun to negrotown, congrats on sovereignty

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Invisible Handjob posted:

This is actually a fantastic idea

Make a subforum called The Safe Space and then a wild west D&D with different atmospheres

This is probably a better use of a whole rear end subforum. Negrotown can be the Black people thread. You could have a thread for all ethnicities beliefs or whatever.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Anyone with PMs able to contact TB so I can send her a cert?

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
Can I nominate a Negrotown flag? Because if so, I nominate this one:

Edit: There it goes!

PantherWill fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 19, 2017

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Space Flower posted:

from an injun to negrotown, congrats on sovereignty

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Awesome.

Darth Walrus posted:

You suggested it eight minutes before you made the shift. That's not enough time for any great number of people to see it, read it, think it through, and go 'wait no sto-'. This is a deep structural problem with the forum, and it probably isn't going to be fixed in less time than it takes to make and eat a nice sandwich.

Stop being a crybaby. Creating a separate space where nobody can claim "my precious sub-forum tradition!" when a mod gives them plenty of warning and probates them is exactly the kind of solution that works on the internet.

Now we just need to move this thread over here and ask people posting in other minority threads scattered around the forums if they'd like to be moved as well.

Think of it as an opportunity to have an actual place where drive-by shitposters and trolls can't blithely post bullshit without getting called on it.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

zegermans posted:

Already taken care of.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

This is probably a better use of a whole rear end subforum. Negrotown can be the Black people thread. You could have a thread for all ethnicities beliefs or whatever.

Yeah IMO rename this place The Safe Space, it can basically be social justice D&D

having a special ghetto for Negrotown sends the wrong message probably

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Yeah IMO rename this place The Safe Space, it can basically be social justice D&D

the message is transparent as hell and has been since this whole fiasco started after km got modded

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

This might be a better idea since the subforum name and thread names are redundant now.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

That's just going to turn it into helldump, though.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

taken care of. probably by multiple people :v:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
loving call it bantustan. at least be honest about this poo poo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

Probably but we still go down this path hoping to not fall into the same mistakes others have.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

That's a different issue that I will be addressing later.

Addressing how, exactly?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the cycle of history is now complete

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

Depends on how aggressive KM gets with swinging her hammer.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I don't know many things for sure in life, but I know that this image

needs to be the background CSS for this here subforum

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Taerkar posted:

Depends on how aggressive KM gets with swinging her hammer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L9io-b9Uew

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

As mayor of Negrotown, I promise that we're gonna thrive. I meant it when I said I cared about D&D and posting an I am going to make Negrotown great. I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color. I'm going to mod Negrotown well. Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change. I think Lowtax did the right thing. Don’t be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn’t do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn’t know what you know today. As it was when I was a D&D mod of Negrotown before, We will continue to be nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.

I know a lot of you are disappointed by the new subforum, but remember: There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance next time. A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself, and that is why Negrotown exists in the first place.

A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself. That is what Negrotown was, and always will be about.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

PantherWill posted:

Edit: Dammit, I can't img for poo poo...

haha drat man that attempt was tragic

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

I mean we're already on the path though, I think a subforum for discussing social justice issues is something that could end up pretty productive.

it's going to be a rough start, but it could develop into a nice place for discussing these issues. I don't see why it has to turn into helldump at all.

I just think an isolated subforum called NEGROTOWN sends a really really really bad message, and the vision of this subforum could be much wider and encompass a lot of social issues you guys all care about.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

I don't think you are mad, but some of the people in D&D must be. Look at this stupid red text I got. I would be more worried about those people than whatever KM was or was not doing.
Somehow mine got chopped off, was a bit more vile than yours tho

also hello new subforum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Koalas March posted:

As mayor of Negrotown, I promise that we're gonna thrive. I meant it when I said I cared about D&D and posting an I am going to make Negrotown great. I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color. I'm going to mod Negrotown well. Usually when people are sad, they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change. I think Lowtax did the right thing. Don’t be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn’t do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn’t know what you know today. As it was when I was a D&D mod of Negrotown before, We will continue to be nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.

I know a lot of you are disappointed by the new subforum, but remember: There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance next time. A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself, and that is why Negrotown exists in the first place.

A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself. That is what Negrotown was, and always will be about.

if you want this subforum to thrive your first order of business should be posting a sticky with a list of rules

because nerdy white folk like myself posting on this here comedy forum aren't going to get what it means to be racist

put a clear list of rules at the top, if you violate them you get probated/banned, and you guys might have yourself a nice little subforum without having to constantly educate people every time they post in your threads. the education is all in one post at the top everybody is required to read before participating

• Locked thread