Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

So Lowtax, is the Greek Chorus a regular feature wherever and whenever you post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Koalas March posted:

OK I changed the rules

May I have the checklist for Nazi-identification sent to my e-mail, please? Alternatively, I have PM's. It would make reporting trolls and subtle racists much easier if a group of powerposters in Negrotown have the "signs" to look out for.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Koalas March posted:

OK I changed the rules
Thank you!

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

angerbeet posted:

Maybe you just make bad choices

:flashfact:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

remusclaw posted:

So Lowtax, is the Greek Chorus a regular feature wherever and whenever you post?
more like geek chorus HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Lowtax posted:

Thank you!

lmao, she just struck it through.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Post be free!

Also I do want to state, that aside from regular derails, this has been a very enjoyable thread to follow, that goes for Misogynoir as well.

Edit: got beat to it.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Rrussom posted:

lmao, she just struck it through.
Huh? She deleted it.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Lowtax posted:

Huh? She deleted it.

The 'Kill Whitey' rule, right?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rrussom posted:

its literally a joke about how people think we are black supremacists

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
as a white man i am 100% in favour of reinstatement of the 'kill whitey' rule

we're pretty terrible

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Rrussom posted:

I don't know what rule they were talking about but I doubt it's that one since it's a normal joke

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Michael Bayleaf posted:

I don't know what rule they were talking about but I doubt it's that one since it's a normal joke

black people aren't allowed to make jokes in negrotown

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Rrussom posted:

They mean it like this though dahling.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Angepain posted:

as a white man i am 100% in favour of reinstatement of the 'kill whitey' rule

we're pretty terrible

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Koalas March posted:

well then what are we doing here?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Rrussom posted:

Oh come on man

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Koalas March posted:

It does sometimes veneer that way but it does seem ironic most of the time.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Fluffdaddy posted:

I personally won't be posting here that much anymore, just because its just going to be pages of even more driveby shitposting, but I appreciate the gesture.

That'll be a loss if you don't post here much anymore, hopefully things work out to where you'd want to.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rrussom posted:

I'm going to come out of my white lurking shell for this. Holy poo poo, dude.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
goons are like a schizophrenic fat person perpetually crashing on lowtax's couch and occasionally handing him a fraction of their disability check so he doesn't change the wifi password

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

there is nothing ironic about white genocide

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

esto es malo posted:

white people aren't the ones doing the genocide, that's pretty ironic

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lowtax posted:

Wait, now I'm being racist because I created an entire subforum dedicated to race discussion, one that people said they wanted? I love how every decision I make is instantly vilified by both political spectrums. The left says I'm being racist for making a forum. The right says I'm being a cuck (or whatever) because I'm giving a special safe place for the left.

A compromise that makes both sides unhappy isn't always the way forward. Creating a safe space where non-white folks can discuss non-white issues under the protection of dedicated, aggressive moderation is a problem for SA racists because they are deeply uncomfortable with the presence of non-white voices and perspectives and would rather see them driven off the board altogether - the deluge of doxxing, harassment, and trolling is ample evidence of this. However, it's also a problem for a bunch of other folks, especially POC posters, because it creates the implication that they and their perspectives will receive considerably less encouragement and protection outside a small, narrow section of a large and diverse site. In other words, you've created a ghetto, and you've empowered other forms of bigotry across the site, because if people get the impression that one form of prejudice is more OK, they seldom just stop at that one. I'd expect to see attacks on the feminism thread, for instance, ramped up in an effort to turn it into another Negrotown.

Now, this probably wasn't what you intended to do here, but what did you intend to do? The general impression I get is that this is a space specifically for discussing POC issues, but what do you mean by POC issues, and how do you think that would help? Those aren't rhetorical questions, by the way. The tricky thing about POC issues is that they're how non-white folks experience the world - they're not topics, but perspectives through which everything is filtered. SA is a great big forum with subfora on every conceivable topic, from cooking and exercise to guns and anime, and yet the non-white perspective on all those things appears to be squeezed into one little subforum. Like, if a goon wanted to make a post about the latest superhero film from his perspective as a black man, where would be more appropriate for that - CD or Negrotown? Would a black perspective on Brexit best fit in here or in the UKMT? You start to see the problem here?

If you'll permit me to be a little blunt, it seems that this was another case of you caring first, learning later. It might be beneficial to the health of the forums if you reversed that, particularly by examining not only what people want you to do, but why.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Rrussom posted:

loving lmao

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

esto es malo posted:

I mean perhaps it is a good idea to treat ironic reverse racism the same way we treat normal ironic racism, which is declare it unacceptable.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

I mean perhaps it is a good idea to treat ironic reverse racism the same way we treat normal ironic racism, which is declare it unacceptable.

except not because one is punching down and inherently Bad Comedy and the other is hilarious

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

esto es malo posted:

except not because one is punching down and inherently Bad Comedy and the other is hilarious

I think it's so overdone at this point that some people actually honestly believe in it.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

esto es malo posted:

like I've said before I'm onboard with being killed during purge phase II provided I can kill some suits during purge phase I

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

PupsOfWar posted:

like I've said before I'm onboard with being killed during purge phase II provided I can kill some suits during purge phase I

Hell, same

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

PupsOfWar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITLXo19248g

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Lowtax posted:

Oh come on man

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

esto es malo posted:

i'm totally pro white genocide as i understand it because it just means like white people and people of color having beautiful babies together so it's not like a real genocide because you end up with more happy people not less people bc of murder

my wife and i are planning to have some white genocide soon i'm very happy about it. speaking of which, marrying white, it's a real interesting thing, white people holidays are interesting. also i think i'm turning more and more white since marrying her because i keep making out with my dogs and putting funny outfits on them and cops are like hella nice to me lately.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Commie NedFlanders posted:

i'm totally pro white genocide as i understand it because it just means like white people and people of color having beautiful babies together so it's not like a real genocide because you end up with more happy people not less people bc of murder

my wife and i are planning to have some white genocide soon i'm very happy about it. speaking of which, marrying white, it's a real interesting thing, white people holidays are interesting. also i think i'm turning more and more white because i keep making out with my dogs and putting funny outfits on them and cops are like hella nice to me lately.

Have you tried using literally any word for it other than the most idiotic one then?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

Have you tried using literally any word for it other than the most idiotic one then?

i just said "having kids" until a couple weeks ago when "white genocide" blew up on twitter and i learned all about it

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Commie NedFlanders posted:

cops are like hella nice to me lately.
It's amazing the difference a sweater vest and a few Bruce Springsteen CDs on the passenger seat can make in a police interaction.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

have you tried thinking about why that phrase is chosen

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN-7wCsVEyg

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Koalas March posted:

OK I changed the rules

KM you are seriously a great mod and im glad lowtax changed his mind.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kibayasu posted:

I'm going to come out of my white lurking shell for this. Holy poo poo, dude.

That is some first rate pearl clutching about something thats been in the OP since the thread was still in d&d proper...

Its clearly a loving joke.

• Locked thread