Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Africa is mostly plains and deserts 🙄

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah I definitely want my levels in video games to be geographically accurate and not super loving fun and cool and poo poo... NOT.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

that was hilarious, i rmember in the gameplay demos they made it seem like you cluld do it anyhwere, nope only in the exact spot where the demo was shown and like one or two other spots lmfao

this was a major letdown, especially when i complained that some parts of afghanistan were throttled with mountains and then found out most of africa is just flat grasslands.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Afghanistan kinda sucks too. The ruined palace and the large military bases and the mountain fort are really cool, but otherwise it's mostly a bunch of wide corridors around impassable and usually unclimbable mountains

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Africa is mostly plains and deserts 🙄

and afhganistan?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
My disappointment with the maps is more that there were so few interesting interiors. I was also hoping for a kind of urban zone with some non-hostile NPCs. There are even villages in Afghanistan with just...nobody. So it made it look like there were soldiers there for no in-game reason. It's MGS4's fault I had this expectation, but if they could do it in 4 why not 5?

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I think if they had combined and collapsed a lot of the outposts into bigger ones and shrunk down the map size it'd be perfect. Open world is cool but only as far as there are things to do, it isn't fun sneaking around a wide open area so you just end up rushing from outpost to outpost as fast as possible with nothing in between.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Which was basically Ground Zeroes I guess

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's kinda cool that the new Hitman is basically a game of nothing but Ground Zeroes missions. Doesn't play as well but what can you expect from Scandinavians.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

It's kinda cool that the new Hitman is basically a game of nothing but Ground Zeroes missions. Doesn't play as well but what can you expect from Scandinavians.
They do completely different things, it's tough to compare.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Fox Engine would be great for Hitman if it could render more than 10 NPS at once.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

and afhganistan?

Lots of snowy mountains on the Pakistani border. I really wanted to slide down slopes in the cardboard box

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
MGSV owns. Yeah, it wasn't everything it could've been but that's true of like every video game including a few other Metal Gear ones. The gameplay is the most refined of any game I've played in like 5 years at least. The pacing is disjointed as gently caress but that also gives the whole thing a cool fog of war effect. It took me like 150 hours worth of playing over the course of a couple months until the gameplay started feeling repetitive, and even then there's tons of gameplay poo poo I haven't messed with.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
One cool thing about V is that there's like 5000 different weapons and you can use any different combination of them to suit your play style. I played through the entire game using just the Riot SMG and AR combo but you'd always run into other people that would go around sniper sleep darting people or air-magnuming bitches. So many possibilities.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All those weapons and no banana

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Speaking of weapons I found out there was a DLC wooden katana on Revengeance that was possessed by Snake's soul and would give Raiden advice and quip on enemies like the cardboard box ones but they cut it on the western release because of the kiefer/hayter beef

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I still need to do my Rambo playthrough

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Every mission with no HUD is a Rambo playthrough

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

MGSV owns. Yeah, it wasn't everything it could've been but that's true of like every video game including a few other Metal Gear ones. The gameplay is the most refined of any game I've played in like 5 years at least. The pacing is disjointed as gently caress but that also gives the whole thing a cool fog of war effect. It took me like 150 hours worth of playing over the course of a couple months until the gameplay started feeling repetitive, and even then there's tons of gameplay poo poo I haven't messed with.

You cant just shrug off this games problems with "yeah it wasnt PERFECT, but hey what game is?" or whatever the gently caress. the game has serious problems. Kojima was not allowed to work on the game towards the end. Yeah the gameplay is fun at first but even that gets old eventually. As the conclusion of the metal gear series it's seriously lacking in the story department, which is a huge, huge part of the metal gear experience, and that cant just be swept under the rug

edit: after taking my klonopin i have realized that we agree to disagree, and everyone has opinions their entitled to.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

In Training posted:

All those weapons and no banana

I've been replaying missions shooting for no traces with the water pistol. if it weren't for the fact that the game won't let me go out without a hip weapon it'd be the only gun in my equipment.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

You cant just shrug off this games problems with "yeah it wasnt PERFECT, but hey what game is?" or whatever the gently caress. the game has serious problems. Kojima was not allowed to work on the game towards the end. Yeah the gameplay is fun at first but even that gets old eventually. As the conclusion of the metal gear series it's seriously lacking in the story department, which is a huge, huge part of the metal gear experience, and that cant just be swept under the rug

edit: after taking my klonopin i have realized that we agree to disagree, and everyone has opinions their entitled to.

Does RC break character for anything other than metal gear

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Does RC break character for anything other than metal gear

New Beyoncé albums

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

New Beyoncé albums

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

goferchan posted:

New Beyoncé albums

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I couldn't beat the fury today and got all pissed off

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Knife him bro

Also his music owns

I came back from space... CRAZY

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I'm playing on hard mode and its...hard :qq:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Fury is really annoying sometimes but I love him so much. I guess he fit in better when the game was meant to have more stuff to do w cosmonauts and that sort of thing buy as it is he's just thjas random dude whos insanely angry because he went to space once. And the flaming skull thing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The flaming skull is so badass

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The Fury has always been the hardest MGS3 boss for me. I always end up cheesing him.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i've never had trouble with the fury, idk how you even get hit by him. really awesome fight though and i love the music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CPQhYGJ0kY

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I love tranquing the fury for his camo. It's equal parts challenging and exciting.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i've never had trouble with the fury, idk how you even get hit by him. really awesome fight though and i love the music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CPQhYGJ0kY

I always get caught by him when I try to shoot him

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i think the fury was the only boss i non-lethaled because its so much easier that way

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

HORMELCHILI posted:

i think the fury was the only boss i non-lethaled because its so much easier that way

what the

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The easiest boss to non leathal is the fear

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

The easiest boss to non leathal is the fear

no he was scary to me so i hosed him up with a machine gun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

no he was scary to me so i hosed him up with a machine gun

If you throw a poisonous frog at him he will eat it and instantly vomit all his guts up and die non lethally

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
yeah if you throw out four poisonous foods as soon as he gets hungry he'll eat all four in succession and die lol. well I think I shot him some too but still, super easy stamina kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

The Fury is definitely the toughest boss in the game, but you can gently caress him up in like 3 knife combos, even on Extreme. Just gotta be sneaky

MY SUIT!

• Locked thread