Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
i like ron paul, limiting the size and power of government, police, and military is cool. libertarianism puts too much faith in people acting in good faith or not being retarded though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Monos Bullet posted:

i like ron paul, limiting the size and power of government, police, and military is cool. libertarianism puts too much faith in people acting in good faith or not being retarded though.

the fact that libertarianism has gradually repositioned itself as one of the more reasonable political movements in the US speaks volumes of how crazy polarised USpol is now

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Diversity mandates hurt employers as private business should be able to hire qualified candidates based on their position requirements.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I like paying less taxes.

That's about it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The foster care system meant well but it's a hotbed of abuse. It is okay to bring back orphanages and though they would certainly also be hotbeds of abuse, I think it would be less.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Phone-wise, you shouldn't have more pictures of yourself than pictures of your friends.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
taxes can strongly discourage economic activity

we should apply this theory to dangerous currently illegal drugs

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Living in Germany, while I absolutely feel for the legitimate refugees, and think it's right to give them refuge, I think the way merkel handled the crisis was absolutely garbage, and alienated the other nations so much that an actually working solution is now almost impossible. Also, the refugee crisis right now is a joke compared to the climate refugees we are going to face in the future and getting to grips with the fact that we will literally have to build a fortress europe is important.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
No one has been able to explain to me, liberal or conservative, how illegal immigration ultimately helps citizens in lower economic tiers.

I don't hold this against the illegal immigrants, I think what they're doing makes sense from their point of view. And I get that abuse of their labor makes many goods cheaper, such as produce. However, food, for example, is laughably inexpensive in the United States. I think lower-income people would prefer a labor market that isn't being openly undercut, and would benefit in the aggregate even if the price of some goods and services increased. I do absolutely believe that illegal immigrants are beneficial to the US economy overall, but that these benefits are concentrated at the top.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Anyone who listens to The Doors is a heroin junkie.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
My conservative opinion is that tumblrisms like "cultural appropriation" and "thin/white privilege" do a great job at completely turning off people who could be allies but are not arch-liberals.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

My conservative opinion is that being an ignorant, uneducated mouthbreather doesn't mean that your an ignorant, uneducated mouthbreather!

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

No one has been able to explain to me, liberal or conservative, how illegal immigration ultimately helps citizens in lower economic tiers.

I don't hold this against the illegal immigrants, I think what they're doing makes sense from their point of view. And I get that abuse of their labor makes many goods cheaper, such as produce. However, food, for example, is laughably inexpensive in the United States. I think lower-income people would prefer a labor market that isn't being openly undercut, and would benefit in the aggregate even if the price of some goods and services increased. I do absolutely believe that illegal immigrants are beneficial to the US economy overall, but that these benefits are concentrated at the top.

On the other side, why shouldn't I be able to hire whoever I want if they're willing to work for less money than be required to pay someone who feels entitled to more money for the same job?

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I like having guns and think that California's "ban this feature to make us safe" approach to gun control is retarded.

Rakosi posted:

My conservative opinion is that tumblrisms like "cultural appropriation" and "thin/white privilege" do a great job at completely turning off people who could be allies but are not arch-liberals.

This, too, God, a thousand times this. "Dear white people..." articles can :fuckoff:

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I want to be able to have duels in the town square. Choice of provision will be given to the challenged, and it will be a great dishonor if they don't accept.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ColoradoCleric posted:

We should be doing more fracking and open more public land to exploration, it'll be better for everyone's bottom line and they'll save money when we guarantee our own energy security. Indian tribes should make way for pipelines.

Wow you're a real piece of poo poo aren't you

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

If you don't identify as either male or female, you're not special. It's called a mental illness.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
I'm cool with the death penalty for really lovely, heinous crimes.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If we got rid of minimum wage goods and services would be universally cheaper and there would be more local jobs and less outsourcing.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The only reason a (leftist) man would call himself a feminist is mommy issues, or a wormy attempt to carry that printer far enough that, finally, his high school crush will love him back.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

bag em and tag em posted:

Eh. I think you're falling into a propoganda trap. Most of us would really just settle for background checks and leave most stuff alone. Yes, there are people who would ban gun ownership across the board or pose all kinds of crazy restrictions, but there are large amounts of us crazy liberals who really don't want to take anyone's gun.

I said Democrats not liberals

The current Democratic coalition includes having an anti-gun stance. It is not inherent to liberalism but it is a major power group in the modern Democratic party

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
In theory I'm cool with the death penalty in theory but it just costs too much, takes too long to implement to be worthwhile in practice. It should be extremely rare and only at the federal level because states like Texas proved that they can't be trusted with it. Life alone in a tiny box is sufficient to protect society from most people.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

the government is a necessarily inefficient entity that convolutes and impedes anything it touches

i'm trying to buy a house from to govt now and it's a joke. this process is taking literally 2-3x longer that it would without governmental involvement.

let people marry animals or whatever tho who cares

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
The ideal government is not a small government but instead an invisible government, which does its work behind the scenes

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
The ideal government is there to ensure the most successful, the richest, the most godly, have an instrument with which to guide the country to greatness.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
My most conservative opinion is gently caress ISIS and I don't care what Trump does to them as long as they're dead.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Having just seen The Founder (it was alright), The McDondald brothers deserved to get hosed over by being wimpy small-business owners who pussied out on all sorts of money-saving, profitable choices, as well as signing incredibly stupid contracts.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i am suddenly lost on the autistic spectrum
The only difference between conservatives and liberals is that cons hate minorities generally and libs only hate poor ones (along with poor ppl in general). They're both devoted capitalists and need shot

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I think the Right is the last bastion of civil discourse. I cannot count how many years in a row I've been able to sit down with anyone with a conservative background and talk about any topic, whatsoever, openly. And for how many years I've both learned something new and been able to teach something new with them.

At the same time I cannot remember a time when I've been able to speak openly with a democrat. Anything from gendered bathrooms to global warming, nothing is on the table to be talked about. You people are ignorant. You're living in bubbles. It's why when you look at the county map of who voted dem and who voted properly, there are enormous spikes in key heavily populated areas. While the rest of the entire drat nation was more evenly split and leaned right.

Discourse on the left devolves into name calling immediately, often before it even starts. While the right has been doing what it can to communicate, the left has done nothing but chip away at its own edges.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The only difference between conservatives and liberals is that cons hate minorities generally and libs only hate poor ones (along with poor ppl in general). They're both devoted capitalists and need shot

well, good thing this will never happen

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Drill that oil baby.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's my opinion all conservatives should be rounded up and put into extermination camps and anyone who resists shot dead on sight

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's important to be fiscally responsible (something neither party does now) and also the way Dems go about gun control is dumb.

ColoradoCleric posted:

If we got rid of minimum wage goods and services would be universally cheaper and there would be more local jobs and less outsourcing.

lol yeah right

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ColoradoCleric posted:

You are stupid as gently caress. And that diagnosis is, shall we say, conservative

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

women and children should not be allowed to wear pants.

pants are the sole domain of men.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Son of Rodney posted:

Living in Germany, while I absolutely feel for the legitimate refugees, and think it's right to give them refuge, I think the way merkel handled the crisis was absolutely garbage, and alienated the other nations so much that an actually working solution is now almost impossible. Also, the refugee crisis right now is a joke compared to the climate refugees we are going to face in the future and getting to grips with the fact that we will literally have to build a fortress europe is important.

This is the conservative thread, Climate Change doesn't exist.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

numberoneposter posted:

women and children should not be allowed to wear pants.

pants are the sole domain of men.

On the other hand shorts should be outlawed so are you suggesting little boys go without modesty?

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Son of Rodney posted:

You are draining those countries of their able bodied men, the same men who should be fighting in their wars, attending to their infrastructure, teaching their trade schools, and building their country. Instead you bring them into Europe where none of them are employed, all are a drain on social services, and offer nothing of value.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nolgthorn posted:

You are draining those countries of their able bodied men, the same men who should be fighting in their wars, attending to their infrastructure, teaching their trade schools, and building their country. Instead you bring them into Europe where none of them are employed, all are a drain on social services, and offer nothing of value.

In the case of Syria, there is no country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Nolgthorn posted:

On the other hand shorts should be outlawed so are you suggesting little boys go without modesty?
full ban on sleeveless shirts for sure. tank tops punishable by death.

• Locked thread