Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Enjoy your bubble, streepers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Than you for the meltdown :grin:

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
On the real how did you all know about that and how can you check that kind of stuff. I was just honestly caught off guard they did that. Apple is usually, to me, pretty routine with their updates. I want to get a space black link band at some point.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

rear end Catchcum posted:

On the real how did you all know about that and how can you check that kind of stuff. I was just honestly caught off guard they did that. Apple is usually, to me, pretty routine with their updates. I want to get a space black link band at some point.

I checked the part number because I was curious and it doesn't look like they'v even given them a /B revision as they normally would when they quietly update a product.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Quick question...my watch (SSBS2) seems to, lately, turning the screen off when I'm in the middle of something. Like I got the Breathe thing, said yes, and then during it kept like going off probably after 3 seconds and I'd have to tap to turn screen back on. Any idea?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Do you want real or knockoff? Cause I have a real one I've barely worn and should sell (and is packed up already, another buyer fell through a while back).

Course it's from the original watch launch. I don't know if they've tweaked it at all since then.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I would like real. PM me?

Edit: Does anyone know if they've changed the SS black link band from launch? I'm mostly after it for the coating that my Series 2 SSB has.

Ass Catchcum fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 11, 2017

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I'm not aware of any change to the space black link bracelet.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

I would like real. PM me?

Edit: Does anyone know if they've changed the SS black link band from launch? I'm mostly after it for the coating that my Series 2 SSB has.
Uh don't have PMs so just email my user name at chefbox.com

So this post isn't just about selling stuff, anyone looked into knockoff nylon bands? I don't mean the actual third party NATO ones (which feel kinda crappy as mentioned before), but knockoffs of the Apple nylon ones.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

If I'm planning to get a Series 2 for sport, there's no reason to not get a Nike one right? They're the same price.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dugong posted:

If I'm planning to get a Series 2 for sport, there's no reason to not get a Nike one right? They're the same price.

No reason not to, no. If you want a Series 2 already, I guess the only reason to not get the Nike version is if you really dislike the proprietary sport band it comes with. Otherwise, it's a Series 2 that gets a couple of unique Nike-branded watch faces and complications.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I was planning to get a smarter band for daily use anyway so Nike it is, thanks! Now to get to a store and see if my tiny wrists suit the 38 or 42 watch.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I finally decided on a series 2 sport, and the 42 fits my tiny wrists perfectly. Battery life is definitely excellent, and I've not banged it into anything yet. I'm definitely a fan.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Tryna get rid of a 42mm gold sport with Apple care and a grip of bands if anyone is interested in something like that.

Kailtor
Jun 7, 2005

fucking kailtor

Ask me about my lifetime subscription

:ughh: :ughh:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Tryna get rid of a 42mm gold sport with Apple care and a grip of bands if anyone is interested in something like that.

:trumppop:

People really bought those?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Kailtor posted:

B]

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I told you it was bad but you refused to listen.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Kailtor posted:

http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watch/apple-watch/gold-aluminum-cocoa-sport-band?preSelect=false&product=MNNN2LL/A&step=detail

Looks nice to me

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sorry about your broken eyes

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
this is a weird and random question but does anyone have any experience with a S2 and hard water? water is super hard where i live but i kind of want to get into the habit of wearing the watch while I shower.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Legs Benedict posted:

i kind of want to get into the habit of wearing the watch while I shower.

Never change goons

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I've Googled but can't find a solution regarding Mail and my watch.

My mail app on watch never consistently updates. I get notifications on my phone just fine but they never come through like on my phone. I get text's and other notifications just fine.

Also when I delete emails on my phone, they never disappear off my watch and still show as unread and in the inbox. Even if I swipe down to update.

I believe it mainly happens with me gmail account and not my work exchange account but I also get way more emails in that account so it might be why I think that.

Anyone else had issues like this?

On my watch it's set up to mirror phone mail notifications, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

I told you it was bad but you refused to listen.

:negative:

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Alfalfa posted:

I've Googled but can't find a solution regarding Mail and my watch.

My mail app on watch never consistently updates. I get notifications on my phone just fine but they never come through like on my phone. I get text's and other notifications just fine.

Also when I delete emails on my phone, they never disappear off my watch and still show as unread and in the inbox. Even if I swipe down to update.

I believe it mainly happens with me gmail account and not my work exchange account but I also get way more emails in that account so it might be why I think that.

Anyone else had issues like this?

On my watch it's set up to mirror phone mail notifications, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I get a lot of email every day and mail.app was always like this. Outlook (especially the watch app) is a lot better in this regard and also shows like 3x more text info on the preview splash.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

BoyBlunder posted:

Never change goons

Lots of people do it, it's not a terribly goony thing. But whatever, the question could just as easily have been about salt water or any other hard water source and my concern about the Watch's waterproofing.

Maybe the real goon is you, for being an rear end in a top hat.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I don't know why you would seek to develop the habit of showering with a watch on it makes no sense to me maybe you'd every once in a while you'd forget to take it off or maybe it's a public place where security is a concern but as an every day activity you're planning to do? That's nuts.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Pissflaps posted:

I don't know why you would seek to develop the habit of showering with a watch on it makes no sense to me maybe you'd every once in a while you'd forget to take it off or maybe it's a public place where security is a concern but as an every day activity you're planning to do? That's nuts.

I have ADD, have a frequent habit of leaving my home without essentials (keys, wallet, my lunch for work, etc.) and have a tendency to walk out the door without putting the Watch on at least once or twice a week, every week. Habit building and following routine works for me, a friend of mine with similar issues showers with the Watch so that putting on the Watch is the first thing they do in the morning, and I was curious about possibly doing the same despite living in an area with really hard water.

I don't really understand the bewilderment here.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Non-goons wash their arms where they've been sweating under their watch the rest of the day.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
It'll be fine to shower with. If you're really concerned get Apple care it's cheap and you can abuse your watch for two years.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Take off your goddammed watch when you shower. This is 15-30 minutes of charging that makes it much easier to leave on on the rest of the day

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Endless Mike posted:

Take off your goddammed watch when you shower. This is 15-30 minutes of charging that makes it much easier to leave on on the rest of the day

Look man, then ill have a less accurate step count, ok?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Minor complaint but I wish the watch would automatically handover Activity monitoring to my phone if I've left the watch at home by mistake.

amiantos
Oct 19, 2012

Legs Benedict posted:

I have ADD, have a frequent habit of leaving my home without essentials (keys, wallet, my lunch for work, etc.) and have a tendency to walk out the door without putting the Watch on at least once or twice a week, every week. Habit building and following routine works for me, a friend of mine with similar issues showers with the Watch so that putting on the Watch is the first thing they do in the morning, and I was curious about possibly doing the same despite living in an area with really hard water.

Take the watch off and put it on the floor in front of your bathroom door when you shower, so you can't leave the bathroom without picking it up.

No worries about water weirdness then.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I just ram mine up my rear end before every shower.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Bum the Sad posted:

I just ram mine up my rear end before every shower.

:same:

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
I tuck mine into the pocket of my cutoff jean shorts before I wear them into the shower.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

rage-saq posted:

I get a lot of email every day and mail.app was always like this. Outlook (especially the watch app) is a lot better in this regard and also shows like 3x more text info on the preview splash.

Giving the Outlook app a shot. Most of the time it just stays at loading on my watch though.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Wear the watch in the shower so your jerking off counts as exercise

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

U.K. Watch having goons what bands have you got?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Egbert Souse posted:

Wear the watch in the shower so your jerking off counts as exercise

I've noticed that my shower can turn off both my Sport and SS watches. The water somehow manipulates the pull up menu and activates Power Reserve. Happens every time, twice a day. I could just take the watch off, but...

• Locked thread