Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Has Vegas placed any odds on Rodgers audibly sharting himself before the snap?

That's actually an audible call on the Browns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol Brady I love you to death but that's a bitchmode answer

"We are on to 2020"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol Brady I love you to death but that's a bitchmode answer

He started 100% punting on all questions involving Trump a couple weeks before the election. Supposedly his wife shut that poo poo down.

Brady is my football hero :allears: , but as near as I can figure he's like a super turbo dumb baby-man when it comes to *anything* outside football. I don't even mean politics, I mean like anything. I wouldn't be stunned if his thought process last year was, "Trump's the funny dude I played golf with once or something and he wants me to have a free hat? Sure!"

He puts as much thought into not-football as I put into, I dunno, what the best brand of turkey bacon is, because gently caress that poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Most teams who start lots of different players are bad. Something is going on in NE.

This is from four days ago but what the hell is with these abbreviations? OTI?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm the already outdated sdg

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sean10mm posted:

He started 100% punting on all questions involving Trump a couple weeks before the election. Supposedly his wife shut that poo poo down.

Brady is my football hero :allears: , but as near as I can figure he's like a super turbo dumb baby-man when it comes to *anything* outside football. I don't even mean politics, I mean like anything. I wouldn't be stunned if his thought process last year was, "Trump's the funny dude I played golf with once or something and he wants me to have a free hat? Sure!"

He puts as much thought into not-football as I put into, I dunno, what the best brand of turkey bacon is, because gently caress that poo poo.

I don't think he's that dumb. I think you just want to imagine him so it's easier to handwave away his support of an awful person.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is from four days ago but what the hell is with these abbreviations? OTI?
Since it's by franchise, my best guess is that OTI = Oilers/Titans

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Chilichimp posted:

My god that reply:

"Hope the refs are healthy; Packers can't go on without'em"

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman also hate the packers according to their fans.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

extendedsolo posted:

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman also hate the packers according to their fans.

Joe Buck hates the Falcons too, so I guess Troy is...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Since it's by franchise, my best guess is that OTI = Oilers/Titans

Which would make sense if you were charting something from 1960 to today, less when it's just since 2005.

Also weird because KC is KAN instead of something dumb like TXC.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.

Chilichimp posted:

Joe Buck hates the Falcons too, so I guess Troy is...

He hates the Cubs and Indians according to twitter during the world series.

sean10mm posted:

I'll never understand why fans want their "idols" to be well versed in every loving subject in the world. I literally do not give a single gently caress their political affiliations, music tastes, movie tastes, social opinions etc. I know everyday people who are very successful in their field, that are complete morons when it comes to some things. Why would I expect anything different from an athelete? The person is here to be an all time QB, of which there have only been a handful in human history.

Furthermore those reporters are wasting their breath. If they were real reporters they wouldn't be covering sports anyway.

extendedsolo fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 20, 2017

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Like, for all I know Brady is secretly smart and just likes the idea of boiling the poor and minorities down to make grease for the axles of his limo. I kind of don't care either way. But every time I've heard him talk about something not-football he seems pretty drat dumb to me.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Never consume a nightshade. They render you powerless.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

extendedsolo posted:

He hates the Cubs and Indians according to twitter during the world series.

He's on the record at some point saying something to the effect that he just doesn't like baseball in general.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Never consume a nightshade. They render you powerless.

Also STRAWBERRIES, holy poo poo! :biotruths:

e: And mushrooms!

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 20, 2017

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

extendedsolo posted:

I'll never understand why fans want their "idols" to be well versed in every loving subject in the world. I literally do not give a single gently caress their political affiliations, music tastes, movie tastes, social opinions etc. I know everyday people who are very successful in their field, that are complete morons when it comes to some things. Why would I expect anything different from an athelete? The person is here to be an all time QB, of which there have only been a handful in human history.

Furthermore those reporters are wasting their breath. If they were real reporters they wouldn't be covering sports anyway.

Or, as another Bostonite put it, "Stop listening to celebrities on politics and life advice."

People hold on to poo poo like that both in the positive and in the negative so they have something to wave at when the other side presents an argument. See Rodgers' "but he's a dick to his family" thing, as well. It's irrelevant poo poo that people use to feel better about themselves.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Naturally Selected posted:

Or, as another Bostonite put it, "Stop listening to celebrities on politics and life advice."

People hold on to poo poo like that both in the positive and in the negative so they have something to wave at when the other side presents an argument. See Rodgers' "but he's a dick to his family" thing, as well. It's irrelevant poo poo that people use to feel better about themselves.

everyone should follow noted pure nfl quarterback, Andey Dalton. he doesn't have any baggage at all

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Brady has like 100 kinds of food-based kryptonite, you'd think somebody would have would slipped him something adulterated with gluten or high fructose corn syrup or some poo poo and turned him into Brock Osweiler by now.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Grittybeard posted:

He's on the record at some point saying something to the effect that he just doesn't like baseball in general.

Then why doesnt that talentless turd stop narrating it?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

got any sevens posted:

Then why doesnt that talentless turd stop narrating it?

Shutup, that's what gives us a couple week break from him during October.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a patagonian cavy posted:

everyone should follow noted pure nfl quarterback, Andey Dalton. he doesn't have any baggage at all

*dips finger into this joke and tastes it* top notch

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Future live audio of Aaron Rodgers and the Packers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtVhVr0yjnE

Brunell is Rodgers

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

extendedsolo posted:

he's from cali and lives in ma he should have less lovely politics.

i wasn't joking when i said the one time i was happy pats lost was the seattle game cuz it was right after donald read billy's lil love letter to him.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

extendedsolo posted:

Well, I would expect because you would like to look up to someone as a person rather than someone who does something for 10-20 years and then fucks off and dies.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Boon posted:

Well, I would expect because you would like to look up to someone as a person rather than someone who does something for 10-20 years and then fucks off and dies.

Not really, no. Feels like I'm too old for that poo poo. I want something fun to watch on Sunday. Real Life can take up the other 99% of my existence.

Also by that criteria virtually all art and entertainment must be rejected.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Not really, no. Feels like I'm too old for that poo poo. I want something fun to watch on Sunday. Real Life can take up the other 99% of my existence.

Also by that criteria virtually all art and entertainment must be rejected.

RIP NEA

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Before I post my news, I feel the need to justify myself to you all. I watched something on FS1 yesterday, so when I turned my TV on just now the channel was still on FS1. I happened to hear a minute of Skip Bayless talking. I do not, I repeat, do not watch First Take. But I happened to hear Skip Bayless talking about the Packers Cowboys game.

Skip Bayless hot taked that Crosby's field goal curved right because the Hand of God pushed it back in. I guess God hates America's team now. :laugh:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Apparently on monday of this week a solid million people watched First Take + whatever the FS1 is.

A million god damned people listened to that poo poo.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

They give money to degenerates. :colbert:

I think they should give more. :v:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm all in on Falcons.

I'm also the grim spectre of postseason football death, so sorry in advance Falcons fans.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm all in on Falcons.

I'm also the grim spectre of postseason football death, so sorry in advance Falcons fans.

We're used to it.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

extendedsolo posted:

I personally don't buy into what they say/do but it's just an extension of endorsements. They tell you what to eat, drink, wear, listen to, and for young kids it's a blueprint of how to be cool. They're role models. I guess the only interesting thing to me is how they manage to gently caress it up so much when the NBA seems to have it down to a science and the NHL manages to have their fans ignore it even though a 99% white sport that requires decent privilege to get the ice time and equipment probably has more assholes per capita than the other sports.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I would die for Brady.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Wheeze beat you to it. :smith:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

Apparently on monday of this week a solid million people watched First Take + whatever the FS1 is.

A million god damned people listened to that poo poo.

They actually talked about this on Lebatard, that people tuned in to see how exactly Bayless wold avoid giving credit to Rodgers.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

sean10mm posted:

They give money to degenerates. :colbert:

I think they should give more. :v:

National education association?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

hifi posted:

I personally don't buy into what they say/do but it's just an extension of endorsements. They tell you what to eat, drink, wear, listen to, and for young kids it's a blueprint of how to be cool. They're role models. I guess the only interesting thing to me is how they manage to gently caress it up so much when the NBA seems to have it down to a science and the NHL manages to have their fans ignore it even though a 99% white sport that requires decent privilege to get the ice time and equipment probably has more assholes per capita than the other sports.

I don't recall that many rape, domestic violence, or murder charges in the NHL to be honest.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Eifert Posting posted:

Wheeze beat you to it. :smith:

gently caress, dude

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I don't recall that many rape, domestic violence, or murder charges in the NHL to be honest.

That's because ESPN doesn't report on the NHL

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

swickles posted:

They actually talked about this on Lebatard, that people tuned in to see how exactly Bayless wold avoid giving credit to Rodgers.

That's some good marketing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheChirurgeon posted:

That's because ESPN doesn't report on the NHL

I'd imagine visibility is probably most of it yeah. With all the old enforcers having CTE/pugilistic dementia type poo poo I'm sure there's an absolute ton of DV stuff going on at least.

• Locked thread