Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Hollismason posted:

Confirmed. We failed our wellness check.

we botch rolled our fortitude, intelligence and wisdom

and also forgot to cast Protection From Chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

welcome to dungeons & dragons chat thread new posters

today we are talking about GMPCs and why they are just fine

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

PupsOfWar posted:

welcome to dungeons & dragons chat thread new posters

today we are talking about GMPCs and why they are just fine

Grandmaster Private Charters? KKK school?

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
I've always felt serious posting was more for people who *aren't* dead on the inside, but gosh, this is an appropriate poem:

Bertolt Brecht - To Obsurity posted:

Indeed I live in the dark ages!
A guileless word is an absurdity. A smooth forehead betokens
A hard heart. He who laughs
Has not yet heard
The terrible tidings.

Ah, what an age it is
When to speak of trees is almost a crime
For it is a kind of silence about injustice!
And he who walks calmly across the street,
Is he not out of reach of his friends
In trouble?

It is true: I earn my living
But, believe me, it is only an accident.
Nothing that I do entitles me to eat my fill.
By chance I was spared. (If my luck leaves me
I am lost.)

They tell me: eat and drink. Be glad you have it!
But how can I eat and drink
When my food is snatched from the hungry
And my glass of water belongs to the thirsty?
And yet I eat and drink.

I would gladly be wise.
The old books tell us what wisdom is:
Avoid the strife of the world
Live out your little time
Fearing no one
Using no violence
Returning good for evil --
Not fulfillment of desire but forgetfulness
Passes for wisdom.
I can do none of this:
Indeed I live in the dark ages!

I came to the cities in a time of disorder
When hunger ruled.
I came among men in a time of uprising
And I revolted with them.
So the time passed away
Which on earth was given me.

I ate my food between massacres.
The shadow of murder lay upon my sleep.
And when I loved, I loved with indifference.
I looked upon nature with impatience.
So the time passed away

In my time streets led to the quicksand.
Speech betrayed me to the slaughterer.
There was little I could do. But without me
The rulers would have been more secure. This was my hope.
So the time passed away

You, who shall emerge from the flood
In which we are sinking,
Think --
When you speak of our weaknesses,
Also of the dark time
That brought them forth.

For we went,changing our country more often than our shoes.
In the class war, despairing
When there was only injustice and no resistance.

For we knew only too well:
Even the hatred of squalor
Makes the brow grow stern.
Even anger against injustice
Makes the voice grow harsh. Alas, we
Who wished to lay the foundations of kindness
Could not ourselves be kind.

But you, when at last it comes to pass
That man can help his fellow man,
Do no judge us
Too harshly.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The ideology eater posted:

My experience in California was that this was actually absurdly easy. People kept giving me hash because with all the weed being grown around there people just give giant bags of pot leaves away and people make hash out of them.

I'm good with smoking it, fiancee not so much. We were planning on some edibles of some sort. She still has friends there though, and we're pretty sure at least one has a card. I can't get one as a visitor, I guess, and she's concerned about her DEA license if she got one, though it probably wouldn't be a thing.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hey, off topic, but when if at all are you finishing your Lunar 2 LP? It's been more than a year. :smith:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hey, off topic, but when if at all are you finishing your Lunar 2 LP? It's been more than a year. :smith:

Ah!

I probably should.... yeah. I lost to the end boss a couple of times and didn't have time to keep trying before I left for my previous expedition, and then when I got back I got distracted with work and girlfriend and the rest of life. I've been meaning to set back up and try to resume things though.

e: that end boss is tough

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpiaw3pSuqY

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

ReidRansom posted:

I'm good with smoking it, fiancee not so much. We were planning on some edibles of some sort. She still has friends there though, and we're pretty sure at least one has a card. I can't get one as a visitor, I guess, and she's concerned about her DEA license if she got one, though it probably wouldn't be a thing.

When I was in San Francisco there was literally a guy in a park who was carrying around big containers filled with chocolate weed truffles and sold them super cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if San Diego had something similar.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The ideology eater posted:

When I was in San Francisco there was literally a guy in a park who was carrying around big containers filled with chocolate weed truffles and sold them super cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if San Diego had something similar.

This is good news.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
My Chaotic Neutral Halfing thief wants to use his charisma role to hire 25 hirelings

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ReidRansom posted:

Ah!

I probably should.... yeah. I lost to the end boss a couple of times and didn't have time to keep trying before I left for my previous expedition, and then when I got back I got distracted with work and girlfriend and the rest of life. I've been meaning to set back up and try to resume things though.

e: that end boss is tough

Well, don't stop the important things in life just on account of little old me. :v:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hey wanna do gay stuff to this Trump like pee on it?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ReidRansom posted:

yeah but OTOH I"m going to be there in a week and I can't yet buy recreationally :mad:

all I wanna do is get high and walk around the san diego zoo and disneyland and poo poo and now I gotta find a hookup :mad:x2

if you've got $50 and an id with a CA address you can get a medical card online in like three minutes

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Well, don't stop the important things in life just on account of little old me. :v:

I do feel bad that I never finished it though. But before I knew it I was back out at sea, and now back home again with a load of work to do before I leave again this summer. I think I can find some time though. Just need to get everything set back up and such. Fiancee has her first boards coming up this year, so I'll have plenty of free time while she's busy studying. May be a bit yet though.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if you've got $50 and an id with a CA address you can get a medical card online in like three minutes

My address is Texas. Fiancee is California, but she's reluctant because she has a DEA license as a veterinarian. We'll find something I'm sure.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

I've always felt serious posting was more for people who *aren't* dead on the inside, but gosh, this is an appropriate poem:

[url="https://www.poemhunter.com/best-poems/bertolt-brecht/to-posterity/"]

Thanks for posting this. Brecht seems like the voice of the hour to me, either him or Vonnegut.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The zoo sounds like a terrible place to be stoned.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

au contraire visiting the zoo high owns

aquariums are good too

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Thanks for posting this. Brecht seems like the voice of the hour to me, either him or Vonnegut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXSymRTugqk

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Seems hit and miss. I would love some exhibits and have to avoid others. I can't be high around monkeys

The aquarium would solidly own though

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Everyone remembers Weill & Brecht but forget about his collaborator Eisler who was hounded out of the US for being a communist and was declared the Karl Marx of Music by the HUAC, so he upped stick to the GDR and composed their national anthem

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

kustomkarkommando posted:

Everyone remembers Weill & Brecht but forget about his collaborator Eisler who was hounded out of the US for being a communist and was declared the Karl Marx of Music by the HUAC, so he upped stick to the GDR and composed their national anthem

Actually I'd kinda forgotten Brecht until I read an article recently about Rhinoceros. I read a little Brecht back in high school and college when I was moving through the existentialists and I remember thinking "oh, this guy was writing in reaction to fascism, that's not something I will ever need to worry about"

edit: see how ignorant I am confusing brecht and ionesco

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Also lmao dickie spencer got punched, gj folks

For all the good it will do anyway

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I once went to a wedding at a zoo, where I found the bride and groom had snuck out to get high with a giraffe. Possibly the best wedding I have ever been to.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Actually I'd kinda forgotten Brecht until I read an article recently about Rhinoceros. I read a little Brecht back in high school and college when I was moving through the existentialists and I remember thinking "oh, this guy was writing in reaction to fascism, that's not something I will ever need to worry about"

edit: see how ignorant I am confusing brecht and ionesco

"I am not owned, I am not owned!", I yell as I slowly transform into a rhinoceros.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"I am not owned, I am not owned!", I yell as I slowly transform into a rhinoceros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Qeh6KA6H8&t=25s

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
long week end :cool:

brecht owns

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

exmarx posted:

long week end :cool:

brecht owns

How's it hanging, fellow exmod?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

How's it hanging, fellow exmod?

p good, i just bought some shoes

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Drinking the appropriately named Road 2 Ruin Double IPA because gently caress it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

exmarx posted:

p good, i just bought some shoes

Sweet, I need to get myself some new running shoes, my old ones are worn out which is horror on my legs. :smith:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

Still prefer Berlusconi getting Duomoed.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

For all the good it will do anyway

the best part is he got cold clocked again, after the cameras stopped rolling. i have nothing to back this up, but it just seems like it must be true, cause i would like it to be

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://twitter.com/MrPooni/status/822637000436154369

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Is snuff part of what Lowtax wants to bring back to the forums?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

what snuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

what's going on now???

• Locked thread