Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
[quote="Frankston" post="468509322"]
They added a second part to that Kenny Omega on the road video, it's all ringside footage of the match and is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R8v5Aw79MY

Really fantastic. Between this and the Tama Tonga videos this is fast becoming one of my favorite things in wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
So I'm finally getting around to watching Wrestle Kingdom and... um... are the ring mics up too loud because there is so much cursing lmfao.

Bumpy Johnson
Oct 9, 2012

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

So I'm finally getting around to watching Wrestle Kingdom and... um... are the ring mics up too loud because there is so much cursing lmfao.

If you look closely, you can see guys with shotgun mics all around the ring.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

They should do a Gedo vs. Makabe match on a Road to Show without commentary.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Thauros posted:

They should do a Gedo vs. Makabe match on a Road to Show without commentary.

last night I could still hear him swear

A rapidly fading "Motherfuckeerrrrrrrr" as he fell through the ropes was amazing

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NJPW/CMLL Fantasticamania
January 22nd at 4:30 EDT/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Volador Jr. vs. Último Guerrero
Mistico vs. Euforia
Atlantis, Tanahashi, Kushida and David Finlay vs. Rush, Naito, Sanada and ”King of Darkness” Evil
Máximo Sexy, Juice Robinson and Taguchi vs. Ephesto, Okada and Will Ospreay
Dragón Lee and Titán vs. Hiromu Takahashi and Bushi
Stuka Jr., Liger and Tiger Mask vs. Hechicero, Okumura and Raziel
Blue Panther Jr., Soberano Jr. and Henare vs. Bárbaro Cavernario, Jado and Gedo

Final Fantasticamania card starting in half an hour

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Just watched Okada vs. Omega with my 5 year old daughters. They were jumping out of their seats for every two count, and they've learned enough at this point to know that a table once produced must be broken.

Do NJPW shirts in kid sizes exist? They have their birthday coming up so I wouldn't mind paying Japanese shipping to get them some Okada or Naito swag.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

P-Mack posted:

Do NJPW shirts in kid sizes exist? They have their birthday coming up so I wouldn't mind paying Japanese shipping to get them some Okada or Naito swag.

they do come in japanese sizes yes

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

oatgan posted:

they do come in japanese sizes yes

Lol fair enough. Japanese XS and a run through the dryer ought to do it.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

P-Mack posted:

Lol fair enough. Japanese XS and a run through the dryer ought to do it.

if you're looking to dress up a macaque perhaps

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Reminder that the first Korakuen show of the New Beginning tour featuring the return of Suzuki-gun is tomorrow morning at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT

NJPW Road to New Beginning
Janurary 27th at 4:30 EST/9:30 GMT
Korakuen Hall

Yuji Nagata vs. Tomoyuki Oka
Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Tiger Mask, and Yoshitatsu vs. David Finlay, Henare, and Hirai Kawato
CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Jado, and Gedo) vs. Suzuki-gun (Takashi Iizuka, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, and El Desperado)
TenCozy vs. Killer Elite Squad
Katsuyori Shibata, GBH, and Juice vs. CHAOS (Goto, Ishii, YTR, and Ospreay)
Tanahashi, Nakanishi, Taguchi, Elgin, and KUSHIDA vs. L.I.J (Naito, SANADA, EVIL, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada and RPG Vice) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku, and Taichi)

I'd also definitely recommend checking out @reasonjp on twitter for translations of Minoru Suzuki's interview with Kidani from this morning if you haven't already

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

show's on now if anyone cares

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I am so loving happy that Kenny's staying with New Japan.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thauros posted:

show's on now if anyone cares

Forgot all about this, it looks like a largely forgettable show but TenCozy vs KES should be fun.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Forgot all about this, it looks like a largely forgettable show but TenCozy vs KES should be fun.

This turned out to be very, very true indeed. I haven't seen a KES match before but I really like their style. Kinda reminds me of The Revival.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RIP Young Boys, Suzuki-gun's in town.

Harry Smith is looking a lot better than I remember before he got sent to NOAH.

Edit: Actually is he still going by Harry or did he change to Davey Boy Junior after he left WWE?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

RIP Young Boys, Suzuki-gun's in town.

Harry Smith is looking a lot better than I remember before he got sent to NOAH.

Edit: Actually is he still going by Harry or did he change to Davey Boy Junior after he left WWE?

He's been DBS Jr as part of KES and in NOAH, so yeah, that. KES have been that kind of hard-hitting tag team forever, I'll have to watch this on demand later.

And you know Suzuki is back when he's punting young boys :swoon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KAZE NI NARE! :neckbeard:

Edit: I'm legit surprised they let Okada/Suzuki actually go at it, and for a fair length too!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jan 27, 2017

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*
Poor SANADA got friendly fired :lol:

this little poo poo BUSHI, he knows what he's done :P

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I'm watching the Road To show now and is there a specific reason Izuka tackled that announcer and tore off his Yuji Nagata shirt?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Takuan posted:

I'm watching the Road To show now and is there a specific reason Izuka tackled that announcer and tore off his Yuji Nagata shirt?

Not sure how it started, but abusing that Nagata-loving announcer has been part of his shtick for as long as I've been watching.

Here's one of his more elaborate paint jobs:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh man i have to watch the show now if announcer mauling iizuka is back

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Not sure how it started, but abusing that Nagata-loving announcer has been part of his shtick for as long as I've been watching.

Here's one of his more elaborate paint jobs:

Shinpei Nogami loves Nagata the way Okada loves Gedo. Its very pure. Iizuka is jealous no one loves him that way.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

coconono posted:

Shinpei Nogami loves Nagata the way Okada loves Gedo. Its very pure. Iizuka is jealous no one loves him that way.

Well maybe if he wasn't a lame one-trick pony who completely sucks in the ring and makes up for his flaws by attacking the same person over and over and over and over again, someone would actually love him :colbert: .

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Iizuka is the drizzling shits, sorry to ruin that for everyone.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I really enjoy KES but am a little disappointed that DBS jr still has his taunt stick stuck in always taunting position

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

harperdc posted:

Debating whether better or worse than having to watch TAICHI rip off his pants and do a terrible Gackt impression.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

harperdc posted:

he was in the best match of the 2000s though

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Germ Incubator posted:

Debating whether better or worse than having to watch TAICHI rip off his pants and do a terrible Gackt impression.

better since he at least still has his amazing theme while NJPW World no longer has the rights to Taichi's after having it during the SJC and that was his only redeeming quality.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

he was in the best match of the 2000s though

Most people forget he was in the 08 Rumble.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Germansimp posted:

Well maybe if he wasn't a lame one-trick pony who completely sucks in the ring and makes up for his flaws by attacking the same person over and over and over and over again, someone would actually love him :colbert: .

It is a shame he's so one-note because the first time I saw him I really dug the gimmick and his execution of it, but then he just repeats himself over and over again.

I did laugh a lot the time he spray painted a bra on the announcer and made a point of painting one of the straps hanging down though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I'm having flashbacks to WK10's Doraemon dance sequence.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/THEdavidfinlay/status/825270035870408704

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

super macho dude posted:

he's pretty awful as a commentator

Got to be better than Corino.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
It might just have been Nagata, but Oka looked like a million bucks in the opening match.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=838jTFJg310

NJPW is finally starting to subtitle videos which is great to see

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Thauros posted:

Video Description posted:

A Viscous History! The villain's path leads back to NJPW.

So viscous. I agree that it's good to see some English subs, though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Germansimp posted:

Iizuka is awesome and invited to my birthday party. You are not.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Thauros posted:

I was surprised and happy to see the pre Okada/Omega match promo subbed when I was at the dome, was hoping it might be a sign of things to come! Maybe they can finally catch up to Stardom World huh :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I finally watched the Road To show and can confidently say that Will Ospreay is a foolish child who has signed his own death certificate.

• Locked thread