Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mad Dragon posted:

Just about every new ~*GAMING*~ keyboard has mechanical keys.

not the same bro

dont even front

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Search for Qisan on Amazon and pick one that you like. Those are probably the least expensive mechanicals that are worth a drat. Just bought my wife one for her new computer and it works great. Yeah, they aren't quite as nice as the European stuff being made but they don't cost 200 dollars either.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

their prices went down in the 5 years i looked at em

https://www.pckeyboard.com/

realtalk i want one now

those f-key rows mmmmmmm

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
model M's have buckling spring, which are way clickier and louder than other mechnical switches. and they're the best :colbert:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

their prices went down in the 5 years i looked at em

https://www.pckeyboard.com/

realtalk i want one now

those f-key rows mmmmmmm

i posted that last page lol
but gently caress yes i need to get one of those. tired of this lovely logitech rubber dome that i've had for years.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

lite_sleepr posted:

What did they think would happen

this is the dad post

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is hacksaw ridge good

i need to get my medic erection up again, it's been tough times since the episode of band of brothers that i get to feel like a big deal

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It was loving terrible on so many levels of your are not a born again christian.

The boot scenes were laughably terrible too.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Haven't watched it yet, but Oscar season means :filez:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Pesticide20 posted:

Haven't watched it yet, but Oscar season means :filez:

is silence good then

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Has anyone seen La La Land? I watched it about a week ago and thought it was actually really good, although artsy and didn't really follow the genre of most movies out there...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i wrote it off as hollywood sucking itself off

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's most movies though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

this one especially

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Assassins creed was boo boo garbage. I'm really happy I didn't pay for it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:lol: What were you expecting from it?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Godholio posted:

:lol: What were you expecting from it?

A coherent story would have been nice. I just kinda wandered into after I got off duty this evening.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lol how was that Prince of Persia movie anyways?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

A coherent story would have been nice. I just kinda wandered into after I got off duty this evening.

It was awkward, but so was the plot of the video game. I enjoyed it, but I'm also glad I paid "first matinee of the day" prices. I went in with mediocre expectations, mostly to see the stunt work.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Godholio posted:

It was awkward, but so was the plot of the video game. I enjoyed it, but I'm also glad I paid "first matinee of the day" prices. I went in with mediocre expectations, mostly to see the stunt work.

If they would have added an awkward sex scene to show how the bloodline carried on it would have redeemed the movie.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Hacksaw Ridge was good if you don't go into it expecting much at all from the actual military bits. Basic training is a weird bad rip off of Full Metal Jacket but also funny once or twice, the battle scenes are more reminiscent of 300 due to heavy stylization and no eye for realism, but at the end of the day it tells a decent story about a cool badass who was a real guy and even has a little documentary Band of Brothers interview with him and some bros at the end.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

been a while since i let out real deep belly laughs

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I kinda care most about the story told in hacksaw ridge, not so much about how it's told. I'm basically expecting a decent helping of gravitas and bullshit, but I had never heard about the dude's story and it sounds cool as gently caress.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I had read about his story and yes he's amazing but the symbolism is pretty over the top.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Was looking at entry level drills and stumbled upon this one and, uh, ordered it

BLACK+DECKER BDCDMT120C Matrix drill

There's a ton of rad attachments for it I'm researching a bit. Definitely gonna get the saw, maybe sander? and impact

Do I really need an impact gun attachment?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Was looking at entry level drills and stumbled upon this one and, uh, ordered it

There's a ton of rad attachments for it I'm researching a bit. Definitely gonna get the saw, maybe sander? and impact

If you aren't sue if you need it, then you probably don't. Impact drivers are nice for automotive stuff, but if you need one you would be better served by a cheap air driven one from Harbor Freight.

It's your money, but I personally would cancel and consider getting a more traditional drill. Like for $150 or so, you can get a Milwaukee combo pack and you will be more happy with the quality of those tools than that Black and Decker one.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Also B&D bought craftsmen and not sure what their future is with their tools.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

Huh, didn't know that. I guess Sears really is finished now, didn't think they'd sell off that crown jewel.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

LingcodKilla posted:

Not sure who bought who, or if Stanley's also in the mix. For years now, a lot of Craftsman power tools have been rebranded B&D. Corporations, right? Also there's a tools thread in the DIY hobbies subforum, but keep in mind they'll probably heap scorn upon Black & Decker. Goons, right?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3384038

Combo packs are pretty nice, usually you get a drill, saw, sawzall, flashlight, sometimes an impact driver.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

stanley bought craftsman iirc

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

LingcodKilla posted:

gently caress. When did this happen?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Doesn't have an integrated level or a drilling light? 0/10 would not buy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-sears-sells-craftsman-stanley-20170105-story.html

quote:

Sears Holdings will sell its well-known Craftsman tools brand to Stanley Black & Decker, the latest in a recent flurry of moves the retailer is making to generate cash after at least five money-losing years.

The agreement announced Thursday calls for Stanley to pay $525 million when the deal closes — expected later this year — and another $250 million after three years, the companies said. New Britain, Conn.-based Stanley will pay Sears a percentage of its new sales of Craftsman products for 15 years, and during that time, Sears will be able to continue selling Craftsman products royalty-free.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Naked Bear posted:

A couple weeks ago.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

it was a big deal around here

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Naked Bear posted:

About a month ago and it's Stanley, Black and Decker who bought it.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I just met the duffelblog creator.
He is p cool.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

ElMaligno posted:

I just met the duffelblog creator.
He is p cool.

What was his name

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Paul

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
That's pretty rad. I've exchanged a few emails with him in the past. He seems like a pretty cool dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

He is, he was there to meet my coastie bff who is a db writer.

• Locked thread