Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Jack Kirby came back from the dead to.punch Richard Spencer. You heard it here first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Beeg posted:

An alt-right shithead got punched in the face on live television today. That person who punched him did far more than what Rall would ever do.

(he had a Pepe pin on his shirt, to bring this on-topic to the thread)

Not just any alt-right shithead, the alt-right shithead. It was Richard Spencer, idol of Steve Bannon, white nationalist who openly advocates ethnic cleansing, and inventor of the term "alt-right". Someone else spit on him later. It's great.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Found this on Tumblr.

Roland Jones posted:

Not just any alt-right shithead, the alt-right shithead. It was Richard Spencer, idol of Steve Bannon, white nationalist who openly advocates ethnic cleansing, and inventor of the term "alt-right". Someone else spit on him later. It's great.

Oh wow. That just makes it even sweeter, then.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Jack Kirby came back from the dead to.punch Richard Spencer. You heard it here first.
Meanwhile current Captain America writer is a spineless baby
https://twitter.com/nickspencer/status/822633341061054465

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I have a feeling Twitter is going to be one of the most vilified companies in the world once this is over.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have a feeling Twitter is going to be one of the most vilified companies in the world once this is over.

They've gone on record saying that the company loving hates what Trump is doing to their brand.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samurai Sanders posted:

As they should be, really. Fuckers should have done something about their problem with death threats and Neo-Nazis ages ago.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Crain posted:

They've gone on record saying that the company loving hates what Trump is doing to their brand.
What are people going to remember, that statement (that I hadn't heard before now) or 30,000 Tweets™ from Trump that plunged the world into chaos?

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
I love this very much.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Telnaes sketches from you-know-what.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Crain posted:

Source on this? Tried to find it, but was unable to (not sure if I'm terrible at Googling)

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Mister Beeg posted:

I'm posting this cover for "Captain America #1" because it's fitting.

I listened to an all-Woody Guthrie playlist at work today to drown out inauguration coverage, and given how many "America, get off your rear end and go fight Hitler" songs I heard, this fit right in.

Not only is it a Payne bumper sticker, but "Elite Experts Telling You How To Live" sounds like a label Kelley would give Some Quack who was telling him to eat healthier and drink less.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

After The War posted:

I listened to an all-Woody Guthrie playlist at work today to drown out inauguration coverage, and given how many "America, get off your rear end and go fight Hitler" songs I heard, this fit right in.

Woody Guthrie also hated Donald Trump's father, and wrote songs about him.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I know people were talking about it before, but now that Trump's taken over the @POTUS handle, I would absofuckinglutely LOVE to see the complete and utter shitstorm that would happen if Twitter straight up banned the president of the United States for hate speech and inflammatory language.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Trapezium Dave posted:

Ramirez kept trying with the hook for eight years but the skillful Wormbama kept dodging.

Can't one term tha worm! :obama:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I know people were talking about it before, but now that Trump's taken over the @POTUS handle, I would absofuckinglutely LOVE to see the complete and utter shitstorm that would happen if Twitter straight up banned the president of the United States for hate speech and inflammatory language.

Unfortunately, no longer an option. Given Twitter's dire financial situation, they'll pretty much be forced to be a willing accomplice to whatever madness Donald decides to spew forth from his touchscreen.

Like I said, my money's on Twitter slowly but surely becoming a de-facto or actual propaganda outlet for the administration.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Unfortunately, no longer an option. Given Twitter's dire financial situation, they'll pretty much be forced to be a willing accomplice to whatever madness Donald decides to spew forth from his touchscreen.

Like I said, my money's on Twitter slowly but surely becoming a de-facto or actual propaganda outlet for the administration.

Slowly but surely is a bit optimistic given that twitter started making peoples accounts auto-follow Trump once he took over the @potus handle today, even if they had already blocked the account.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Looks like Bill Schorr corrected his Chief Justice.

I'm hoping someone will at least draw a visual nod to G-Dub's Adventure With the Plastic Poncho.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Props to the cartoonist for getting the Beagle Boys Inc. number right. It's a small thing, but I appreciate it.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
The duck admires Thomas Sowell so much he thinks he shouldn't be allowed to retire at age 86.

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jan 21, 2017

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

The duck admires Thomas Sowell so much he thinks he shouldn't be allowed to retire at age 86.

Those Republicans sure do love black people! Why, they love black people so much that they think their work is simply superb! It's so superb that they, perhaps... shouldn't be permitted to stop working? What a wondrous idea!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Look at 'em all with their tongues out licking their lips and everything. This is JRRose's post-inauguration comment.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What the gently caress.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Those must be the three members of the ruling class that weren't on team Trump.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!

Hahahahaha you couldn't get any more "literally the opposite of reality" on this one. Holy poo poo!

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Man what the gently caress is Stallietis on about? "I spent the election complaining about Trump, so you shouldn't blame me for promoting the entire apparatus that supports everything Trump stands for?"

That's pretty in line with their general TORTURED INNOCENT SOUL THAT JUST WANTS TO DEFUND EVERY FEDERAL PROGRAM thing but it feels to me like this particular tangent slipping into something resembling one of the drunk duck's weird streaks of comics with the singing fish.

e: Probably it comes off as Tinsley-esque because it's very "something happened to me personally that I am going to make into a Big Issue Today in my Important Comic."

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 21, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've seen a lot of these so far and this is the one that makes Obama's supporters look like losers or obsessed wackos the least. I mean, the underwear...

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Olympus posted:

Man what the gently caress is Stallietis on about? "I spent the election complaining about Trump, so you shouldn't blame me for promoting the entire apparatus that supports everything Trump stands for?"

That's pretty in line with their general TORTURED INNOCENT SOUL THAT JUST WANTS TO DEFUND EVERY FEDERAL PROGRAM thing but it feels to me like this particular tangent slipping into something resembling one of the drunk duck's weird streaks of comics with the singing fish.

e: Probably it comes off as Tinsley-esque because it's very "something happened to me personally that I am going to make into a Big Issue Today in my Important Comic."

I think it's more that they dislike Trump, but also are a conservative comic and wouldn't dare to really speak out against him or the Republicans at this point, so they're making vague comics that everyone can see as on their side instead of actually addressing any real issues. "People online are mean!" and so on. Being inoffensive and keeping their heads down because they don't have the guts to say anything meaningful or relevant but also can't bring themselves to fake enthusiasm for the coming disaster.

tequilaunicorn
Feb 13, 2012

Mods please change my name to K.G. B.EYONCE, tia

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
The obvious edit:

The Slightly more effort, obvious edit:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Now where is Aku Ankka, the struggling working class hero?

Welp,

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Americans elect joke president, constitution gets beaten, kicked in the face. Russians laught from their dashcam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Y9aNntfK8

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Samurai Sanders posted:

That makes slightly more sense I guess.

When do we get the statistics on how many people attended the inauguration and for what purpose?

Well, the Potus twitter shows the crowds from 2009 for some reason. :v:

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

This is at best borderline racist imo

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

du -hast posted:

This is at best borderline racist imo

Bill Leak, a racist? Inconceivable!

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Oh wow, this is just such a wonderfully succint demonstration of current right-wing ideology, where money and the ownership of the means of production are entirely cut out of the power equation. Politicians, journalists, academics and celebrities are now the ruling class alone. Billionaries and CEOs are simply put-upon workers. People who with a swipe of the stylus on their smartphones can shutter a factory, make 50.000 people unemployed and kill an entire city? Powerless, compared to BIG ACADEMIA and SNOTTY CELEBRITES. It's clever, well constructed and sadly very effective in western political discourse today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Frankenstein is an fitting choice for an increasingly mixed-race character created specifically out of massive hubris, who we continually refer to by the name of the creator.

Well done, Stantallie.

Pity I can't tell what the gently caress your comic is trying to say.

E:

Erenthal posted:

Oh wow, this is just such a wonderfully succint demonstration of current right-wing ideology, where money and the ownership of the means of production are entirely cut out of the power equation. Politicians, journalists, academics and celebrities are now the ruling class alone. Billionaries and CEOs are simply put-upon workers. People who with a swipe of the stylus on their smartphones can shutter a factory, make 50.000 people unemployed and kill an entire city? Powerless, compared to BIG ACADEMIA and SNOTTY CELEBRITES. It's clever, well constructed and sadly very effective in western political discourse today.

It's interesting how the right has accepted that the class war is real.

• Locked thread