Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Zhao Yun is always there but Guo Jia? Huh, caught me by surprise.

Same, but I'm glad he's there because he's awesome in Ravages of Time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
He also has the best music.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Pureauthor posted:

AFAIK Fate/Extella just kinda... shits on Caster. Like, nonstop.

I've finished both Nero's story and Caster's and I didn't see this at all.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
my boy zhou yu clockin in at 30th place

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Ding Feng is awesome. :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm just assuming, but is Dynasty more female dominated in fanbase than I thought? Or are they just willing to do polls more

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
The JP fanbase is mostly women.

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009
Poor Dian Wei, I'll always vote for you buddy. I seriously can't believe that way back in DW2 I picked that bald bastard and he's still my favourite, Wan castle is almost guaranteed to be a awesome cut scene filled stage in every title.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
One of these days they'll give Dian Wei his true weapon.

Dual wielding people.

"Throwing it aside he seized a couple of soldiers and with their bodies as weapons felled ten of his opponents. The others dared not approach, but they shot arrows at him. These fell thick as rain, but he still maintained the gate against the assailants."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

And Liu Bei will have a baby for a club.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I like how the Qiao sisters are 14th & 55th.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Lu Lingqi broke the top ten, maybe they will actually give her characterization now.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I like that a lot of my favourites are squarely at the bottom of the poll :v:

Don't worry Meng Huo, you'll always be my guy.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Largepotato posted:

I like how the Qiao sisters are 14th & 55th.

I can believe it, because Xiao is great and Da is bleh.

Now, if you tell me they're ranked the other way around, we have a problem

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
given how tecmo-koei and ninty have been so close these past few years, i expect no less than lu bu and ryu hayabusa in smash switch

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

HenryEx posted:

I can believe it, because Xiao is great and Da is bleh.

Now, if you tell me they're ranked the other way around, we have a problem

Xiao is 55th.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

nobunyanga for smash

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
They'd probably run that as a Mii costume.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Three Cookies posted:

nobunyanga for smash

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Largepotato posted:

Xiao is 55th.

I know, i was (half) joking. It's basically luck of the draw which of the two they manage to make interesting in each new installment. I still have a soft spot for Xian from DW6, where she was my favorite no-fucks-given efficient little murder tornado.

What i actually can't fathom is how the Japanese fanbase ranks Sun Jian below Sun QUAN. Like what the gently caress.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Quan is a hard working boy who tries his best, you leave him alone.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dunno if there's a better thread to ask this in but in Fate Extella are the alpha versions of skills always better than the base ones even if they have a lower + number?
I wish I could see actual numerical values of the installs skills I'm equipping.

E: nevermind you can sort them by power and I can see they're not.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 22, 2017

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ryoga posted:

Well it has more of a self insert blank slate protagonist rather than the usual unhinged narrative from a protagonist of questionable mental health that nasu's writing usually stars. Honestly the only thing I'm missing from it.

Hey, the protagonist is pretty abnormal. They've been split into three incomplete individuals - Mind, Body, and Soul - via a magical mishap. You start out playing as the Mind, who's a ball of raw emotion who's permanently DTF. Seriously, whenever they and Nero are offscreen, they must be demolishing every bed in their empire.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Fate/Extella is pretty fun, though it's real rough starting at lv1 with Caster from Saber.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Hey, the protagonist is pretty abnormal. They've been split into three incomplete individuals - Mind, Body, and Soul - via a magical mishap. You start out playing as the Mind, who's a ball of raw emotion who's permanently DTF. Seriously, whenever they and Nero are offscreen, they must be demolishing every bed in their empire.

I don't think Saber knows what to do beyond holding hands, honestly. It's Caster who is the one who is DTF except not actually. Time to start Altera's story to find out what her deal is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Elliotw2 posted:

Fate/Extella is pretty fun, though it's real rough starting at lv1 with Caster from Saber.

She's way too slidey, though better when I realised just heavy attack on its own was her best crowd clearer.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

She's way too slidey, though better when I realised just heavy attack on its own was her best crowd clearer.

She's really excellent at killing plants though. H2 (popup) -> aerial combo -> H3 (the fire blast).

I'm finding Altera really awkward to use, though her sheer power does help.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Sakurazuka posted:

She gets a lot better after you have the 4 combo>heavy attack tail whip thing unlocked, but otherwise it's a lot of that.

I think I took like 40 minutes on her first level.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Well, I finished Extella's main story. I'll be honest: despite all the silliness and rampant fanservice, I still thought it was pretty well-written, and I enjoyed the plot. And, despite the lack of variety, I enjoyed the gameplay too. I don't play Musou games for their deep gameplay, and this wasn't much different.

Now I just need to unlock Arturia and get to the side stories.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Paging Policenaut to the thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5d_yifIBwI

also trailers for less important people, like:

Rio
OC character Setsuna
And Mitsunari

Old trailers from a bit back had the Warriors Posterboys, an OC named Tamaki, Millenia, Horo, and Hayabusa

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh god the cat riflemen :3:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Tamamo gets much easier when you figure out the one simple trick you have in your arsenal from day one - her square-square-triangle flamethrower. Set that up, spin her around to hit a whole bunch of enemies at once, and you'll rack up your combo meter absurdly fast, giving her an incredibly short downtime between her transformations - and as anybody knows, a transformed Servant is near-unkillable death to anything in the field.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh my lord that's adorable, so much better than DW Empires' version of Nobunyaga.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why are the ocs rejects from starfox adventures

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Most of the enemies are furries too

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Policenaut posted:

Oh my lord that's adorable, so much better than DW Empires' version of Nobunyaga.

Well, there he was just a costume. Unless you're referring to something else.

He's certainly his own beast from the standard Nobunaga.

....In fact he's more like Chen Gong.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeIR9r-nWvc

KT had a stream earlier for Musou Stars. Shows off a few stages and some other stuff.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what is it with these designs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The furry plague

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!