Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers have tons of b2bs (lots of okafor),and have to integrate Simmons into the team , and have to deal with Noel likely getting traded (lots more of okafor) so the playoffs don't seems likely to me . But who knows. Okafor may figure out how to move on defense . Simmons maybe a net positive right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

No one will listen to me about the Nets! No one!!

We'll ride the nets are not terrible bandwagon to hell

Lockback posted:

Please don't trade Rubio for Reggie Jackson, that is a very sad thing to do to me.

I now have everyone on board the Kevin Love is not a defensive sieve and Durant is not at all a one way player. Rubio will join the pistons and be an all star next year. My basketball fandom is a Greek tragedy, I am only vindicated after the players abandon their homes.
I hate seeing people covet other teams players, especially when the proposed return is a a bat with the membranes cut off his wings, losing surface area for respiration, which leads to wheezing and poor defensive effort. Since it's an official Markelle Stein rumor, Rubio on the Pistons would be so great. I don't understand the Shabazz throw in, other than Thibs not liking him as a person. I know he didn't really play defense in college, I don't watch enough twolves to judge him as an NBA player. To me he's just a bench power guard/wing who uses his strength and handle to get buckets.

The Pistons don't necessarily need that, but there are times when Stanley Johnson is such an offensive liability, that he could help.

Predictably the Pistons blogs are 99% against it. "How could you give up a 20 and 10 player??" --Because he's a net negative for the team --"Is not!"

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jan 21, 2017

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

euphronius posted:

You could just also be a Sixers fan :)

I have come pretty far sticking to my "I'm not a fan of any one team, just a fan of the game" principle, but Embiid this season has been making it very difficult for me.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

One of us one of us gobble gobble gobble gobble!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

I hate seeing people covet other teams players, especially when the proposed return is a a bat with the membranes cut off his wings, losing surface area for respiration, which leads to wheezing and poor defensive effort. Since it's an official Markelle Stein rumor, Rubio on the Pistons would be so great. I don't understand the Shabazz throw in, other than Thibs not liking him as a person. I know he didn't really play defense in college, I don't watch enough twolves to judge him as an NBA player. To me he's just a bench power guard/wing who uses his strength and handle to get buckets.

The Pistons don't necessarily need that, but there are times when Stanley Johnson is such an offensive liability, that he could help.

Predictably the Pistons blogs are 99% against it. "How could you give up a 20 and 10 player??" --Because he's a net negative for the team --"Is not!"

Nah, you should covet, especially when the player you are coveting has been swirling in trade rumours for years. Plus Ricky makes it fun to watch your team even when they are losing, which is something Detroit hasn't always had. Ricky and SVG also seem like a good match.

Shabazz is a positionless player and I have no idea the value. I think the Wolves would want him in there just to avoid having to make a decision on him in RFA. He has the size of a SG, his game is more like a stretch PF, he slots into the SF position. I guess he can handle the ball a little tiny bit, but otherwise it's corner 3s, post-ups, offensive rebounds and putbacks. He's secretly a super fun dunker too. On defense he sets up a cardboard cutout of himself and takes a power nap.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

tanglewood1420 posted:

I have come pretty far sticking to my "I'm not a fan of any one team, just a fan of the game" principle, but Embiid this season has been making it very difficult for me.

This is me. I tried becoming a Thunder fan (closest team to me) but it never took, I couldn't force a fandom. But as a KU alum Philly is coming on strong.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

lmao at zach lowe genuinely thinking the cough button in the studio would make a coughing noise. someone get this guy a soundboard

I was about to post this. I imagine a little Zach Lowe routinely crying because someone snatched his nose.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Zach Lowe is a single purpose human, he might drop dead if you helicoptered him to guatemala and told him he had to survive for 3 days

Also, I'm going to need a full scouting report on Markananannen vs Leaf from Rick tonight

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Zach Lowe's personal hell is people arguing with him on twitter

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

lmao at zach lowe genuinely thinking the cough button in the studio would make a coughing noise. someone get this guy a soundboard

He was so excited! It was adorable

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

euphronius posted:

I would rather have no team than cheer for any team other than the knicks...who have not made me cheer since 02 gently caress the knicks.(2012 i was full blown anti-knicks and had no faith)

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
https://twitter.com/detnewsRodBeard/status/822856379148824576

SVG ensuring plausible deniability. A month from now he'll be saying, "I never said Reggie wouldn't be traded for Ricky Rubio AND Shabazz Muhammad".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Svg didn't deny that they talked to minne.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

euphronius posted:

Svg didn't deny that they talked to minne.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

considering what the team has been upset about i think its obvious to anyone who considers themselves an intellectual that Ricky Rubio possesses the maternal instinct to heal the teams psychic wounds

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/822876869037015040

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm ready for the Ricky Davis 3v3 experience

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
TBT the basketball tournament was good fun to watch, although it was a lot,m

Doltos posted:

Zach Lowe's personal hell is people arguing with him on twitter

This person does not have the exact information and frame of reference as I do, *experiences the same sensation as someone wearing night vision goggles having a massive led flashlight shined in their face*

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 21, 2017

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

MourningView posted:

RRRRUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYY

e: for context he has 27 points, 25 rebounds, and a very ho hum 2 blocks

Watched this game live last night at a sports bar with some Mavs fan friends in Dallas. The Mavericks just don't have anyone on their roster who can stop Gobert. That was one of the most dominant center games I've probably ever seen live because he literally just did whatever he wanted on both ends of the floor in the post.

----

I also saw the Rubio rumors and I hope they are true because that would really make me interested in watching Pistons games again for the first time in about a decade.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I don't know what this is but I am suddenly so invested in it

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I can understand despising the averages sports commenter on twitter because they're loving idiots who think Derrick Rose is good at baskteball, but Zach couldn't even take an honest compliment without going full bitch

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MourningView posted:

Ice Cube has started a summer 3v3 basketball league, white chocolate AI and Chauncey are also already confirmed. There is a 4 point shot spot in this league. I am so very ready.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.41819/title.ice-cube-looking-to-score-with-new-big3-basketball-league-for-retired-nba-players
It's Ice Cube's seniors tour for the NBA

I don't know if you, or any of you watched TBT the basketball tournament but it was great fun. A team of maybe good enough to be 14th men in the NBA euroleague guys won, fun basketball, it wasn't as summer leagueish and guard dominated as oyu'd expect, but the teams with talented wings who could get to the line had an easy time

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cavs legend Ricky Davis?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Time to post a master list of washed up dudes you'd want to see in 3x3

Nate loving Robinson
Stromile Swift
Tyrus Thomas
James Flight White
The Professor
Carlos Boozer
Rafer Alston
Toine

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spite posted:

Realtalk Monty Williams is a very underrated coach. And he really, really cares about his players. I've heard a bunch of stories that make me feel like any organization would be better with him in it.

Basically, just search my previous posts on him. Middle tier head coach, runs systems that focus on player strengths, excellent at developing player strengths, prefers conservative style where mistakes are minimized, a legit good person. Needs really good assistants to take a team to the next level.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The wiki has the rules setup, it's half court first to 60 points, no defensive 3 seconds and "All defensive strategies allowed".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIG3

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Chauncey Billups[2]
Rashard Lewis
Kenyon Martin
Jermaine O'Neal
Stephen Jackson
Allen Iverson[3]
Bonzi Wells
Mike Bibby
Jason Williams
George Gervin
Jose Castillo

Holy poo poo, they got AI and Captain Jack

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gervin not in the best shape

Unless they mean some other gervin

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CSNPhilly/status/822589818236530688

Holy poo poo

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

Time to post a master list of washed up dudes you'd want to see in 3x3

Nate loving Robinson
Stromile Swift
Tyrus Thomas
James Flight White
The Professor
Carlos Boozer
Rafer Alston
Toine

Kobe Bean Bryant

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Menstrual Show posted:

Kobe Bean Bryant

with smush parker

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Man, I didn't get to watch the game but didn't realize this happened in a close point of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GnJ7xe-2MY

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Cavs legend Ricky Davis?

The Batman to LeBron's Robin

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

#RaiseTheCat

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I really want to see the version of Stromile Swift that has no athleticism

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

boxcarhobo posted:

The wiki has the rules setup, it's half court first to 60 points, no defensive 3 seconds and "All defensive strategies allowed".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BIG3
!Exclusive 4-point shots when a player is touching ANY PART of the “4 Point Circle”

No idea who Jose Castillo is, maybe he's a rucker or drew league guy that they were referring to with 'rec league player'

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I have a feeling they're going to ref this league like and1 mixtape tour so 3 31 year old euroleague players won't just come in and demolish these dusty old fellas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

R.D. Mangles posted:

Chauncey Billups[2]
Rashard Lewis
Kenyon Martin
Jermaine O'Neal
Stephen Jackson
Allen Iverson[3]
Bonzi Wells
Mike Bibby
Jason Williams
George Gervin