Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Miniature Market responded with this when accused of taking preorders and opening them for singles:

quote:

I feel the need to clarify a few things because people are claiming (on this forum and others) that we are doing something shady by selling singles.

Asmodee/FFG requires our distributors to charge us different amounts for product based on where it is going. If we are selling product online (sealed product) then we pay one price. If we plan to break product for singles or sell it in our retail shop then we pay a different price.

When we placed our preorder with our distributor we ordered a certain amount via the retail/singles channel and a different amount for website sales. It is against our agreement with Asmodee/FFG to take product ordered for retail/singles and ship it out sealed to consumers. We are following the rules. Simple as that.

As for shipping sealed product we always fill preorders on a first in / first out basis. All preorders that said "ships mid-late December" and "ships January 2017" have all been filled. The orders labeled "Ships early 2017" and "Ships Feb-March 2017" are still outstanding. We are still waiting to hear if/when more product will be available. We have thousands of displays on order with our distributor so we will fill whatever we can based on our allocation of the next wave of product.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/239752-miniature-market-shipping-update/page-2#entry2600460

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Merauder posted:

I'm down for this.

Anything else you're looking for while we're at it? Rare-wise anyway; I don't have any extra legendaries currently.

I'll double check my collection... (I am in U.S. btw)

e:
Cunning
Tusken Raider
Leia Organa
Padawan
Qui-Gon
DL-44
Comlink
Promotion

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 20, 2017

DrSalt
Jun 27, 2010

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Miniature Market responded with this when accused of taking preorders and opening them for singles:

"All preorders that said "ships mid-late December" and "ships January 2017" have all been filled"

I'm surprised that I am the sole person who preordered a "ships January 2017" box that was overlooked and not shipped anything. Make me feel special.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Finster Dexter posted:

I'll double check my collection... (I am in U.S. btw)

e:
Cunning
Tusken Raider
Leia Organa
Padawan
Qui-Gon
DL-44
Comlink
Promotion

Great. I know I have extra QG and Leia, might have others. Will take this to PMs later when I can review my stuff (will be late tonight, PST).

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Merauder posted:

Great. I know I have extra QG and Leia, might have others. Will take this to PMs later when I can review my stuff (will be late tonight, PST).

Yeah no prob

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
This whole unavailable Awakenings debacle makes me wonder how bad that Amazon mistake was. Potentially thousands of extra boxes were shipped to customers. Who knows how wide spread that issue was. There were some people that got up to 10 boxes that should have been booster packs. Tons of people got 3 boxes, because they were sold in sets of 3 at a limit of 3 per customer. I can't imagine how many people who never said anything or posted anything and just pocketed their extra product. I'm wondering if they made enough to last for a long time and that stock got massively depleted by an Amazon mistake.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

ShowTime posted:

This whole unavailable Awakenings debacle makes me wonder how bad that Amazon mistake was. Potentially thousands of extra boxes were shipped to customers. Who knows how wide spread that issue was. There were some people that got up to 10 boxes that should have been booster packs. Tons of people got 3 boxes, because they were sold in sets of 3 at a limit of 3 per customer. I can't imagine how many people who never said anything or posted anything and just pocketed their extra product. I'm wondering if they made enough to last for a long time and that stock got massively depleted by an Amazon mistake.

That would be an incredible error, enough that I would think FFG would take action or stop selling through Amazon. Were the box/pack mix ups sold directly by Amazon, or a 3rd party fulfilled by Amazon?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ShowTime posted:

That probably had some effect because it encourages the people who lucked out to sit on them like a dragon hoard, but I'm pretty sure that there were going to be shortages no matter what.

Here's a story from a local dude, that happened last week:

quote:

I played in my first Destiny tournament last night and I got a pretty bad one. I was killed by what was possibly the fastest Crime Lord possible. He was playing eJabba with Dooku.
Action 1: Sith Holocron on Jabba
Action 2: Rolled Jabba hitting two resources and a +1 resource modifier
And here was where I joked, "you have enough for Crime Lord now" thinking he would just play it normally.
Action 3: he says "well, I've always wanted to try this," and plays Ace in the Hole discarding Crime Lord. Naturally he rolls the special.
Action 4: he resolves Crime Lord on my elite Luke.
So I basically didn't get to play that game.
:xcom:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

That would be an incredible error, enough that I would think FFG would take action or stop selling through Amazon. Were the box/pack mix ups sold directly by Amazon, or a 3rd party fulfilled by Amazon?

Directly by Amazon. Amazon is one of the only places FFG allows to sell online. I'm not exactly sure if they had a partnership or if Amazon purchased product to sell online and it was their mistake. If it was Amazons mistake, I imagine they repaid FFG, but Amazon is so huge you don't really want to ruin a relationship with them. I have no idea how it was fixed, I just know a bunch of people got shipped the boxes instead of packs. It's hard to tell exactly how widespread the issue was.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 20, 2017

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

ShowTime posted:

Directly by Amazon. Amazon is one of the only places FFG allows to sell online. I'm not exactly sure if they had a partnership or if Amazon purchased product to sell online and it was there mistake. If it was Amazons mistake, I imagine they repaid FFG, but Amazon is so huge you don't really want to ruin a relationship with them. I have no idea how it was fixed, I just know a bunch of people got shipped the boxes instead of packs. It's hard to tell exactly how widespread the issue was.

Of course, given that most people buying from LGSes were not able to get even as many as 3 boxes total over several waves, however widespread it was or wasn't it certainly mattered.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/239752-miniature-market-shipping-update/page-2#entry2600460

The fact that they needed to address this is crazy. This is literally the standard for the TCG industry. I'm glad this game has attracted so many people to TCGs in general, but holy poo poo this is insane.

On a lighter note, I got to play a 5 player free for all game last night, that lasted over an hour because we had someone playing hyperloop with Poe and 2 hired guns. I had eJango/trooper/trooper, there was a eJango/eVeers, an Kylo/nightsister/tusken raider, and a trooper/trooper/nightsister/Bala-tik as well. It was fun overall, though hyperloop made everyone's resources go insane, and I lost Jango in the second round. The eJango/eVeers player won shortly after the hyperloops stopped. Really enjoying the game so far, and my LGS is having a kick off tournament for out first league next week. $5 entry, with prizes being the OP kit as well as a Han for first place!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
It's not the standard at all. This is the only game i've heard that has two separate prices, and i've purchased many different tcgs from many different distributors. It's pretty unique, almost to the point of being unbelievable if Asmodee/FFG wasn't in a league of their own right now.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

ShowTime posted:

It's not the standard at all. This is the only game i've heard that has two separate prices, and i've purchased many different tcgs from many different distributors. It's pretty unique, almost to the point of being unbelievable if Asmodee/FFG wasn't in a league of their own right now.

The price thing is different, but buying different stock isn't. Stores always allocate some of what they buy for singles and then have sealed product.I wouldn't be surprised if the differing prices had something to do with FFG being a little paranoid about singles, since they only allowed single cards to be sold a few months before Destiny released.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Buying different stock as a physical store is one thing, but buying separate stock as an online retailer and selling singles when you haven't even fulfilled your preorders (and have no idea when you can) is lovely.

Anally Yours
May 31, 2003
Mooolti-pass!
I ordered 2 boxes from MM on December 30th and just got an email from them saying I won't get my order until February-March. When I placed the order online it said "January 2017". My wife really wants me to cancel the order and I"m tempted to but it's so tough to find product right now. I'll guess I just keep patiently waiting? This sucks.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

DrSalt posted:

I'm surprised that I am the sole person who preordered a "ships January 2017" box that was overlooked and not shipped anything. Make me feel special.

Nope same happened to me. I ordered on the 28th with a ships January 2017 message and I haven't gotten any updates since placing the order

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I want to take apart my Jango/Veers deck because the deck is everywhere. It's also the worst deck outside of maybe a Padme mill deck to teach people with. The free activation on Jango confuses them; hell, it confuses me half the time because I try to take an action and realize my opponent who I let borrow the deck hasn't gone yet. It sucks that Blue Villain is the most expensive out of all the decks because I really want to try something with Vader.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

*shrug* I gave my wife my Jango/Veers deck and she is not a gamer at all and only played with Rey starter before this, but I explained how Jango worked and she didn't miss a single activation with him. That deck is her favorite, now.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
Phone post

But holy poo poo eJango/eVeers, lol

He rolls even mildly well and you can get really behind, irreparably so sometimes, as my eLuke/Ackbar deck

Just yikes

Any advice?

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I was eye rolling at earlier sky is falling about lack of product but actually you guys might have been right. This is ridiculous. Impossible to find other than eBay scalpers (and there aren't many) in the U.K.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

guts and bolts posted:

Phone post

But holy poo poo eJango/eVeers, lol

He rolls even mildly well and you can get really behind, irreparably so sometimes, as my eLuke/Ackbar deck

Just yikes

Any advice?

Yeah it's a really explosive deck. Depending on the board state you can do a couple of different things. The worst thing that can happen is that he does first, activates Veers and Veers rolls well. Now if you activate Luke, Jango can activate and blow you out. So if Veers goes first you may want to spend some actions weakening his dice with Deflect or Use the Force or shoring up your defenses with Shields. Ideally you want to take an action or two that makes him activate Jango normally, but normally they will just pass and wait you out.

It's easier if you go first, you can consider rolling Luke straight away, so if he rolls Jango he has no time to actually fix his dice.

All that said if rolls well without fixing it hurts, concentrate on keeping Luke healthy enough that he can't burst him down with a God roll and I'd lean towards killing Jango first, their health pool is small and Luke can also roll serious damage.

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Nope same happened to me. I ordered on the 28th with a ships January 2017 message and I haven't gotten any updates since placing the order

Same, I ordered the 26th and it said "Shipping Jan 2017" on the product page, but now when I check my order in my account it says "Shipping Early 2017" because it's "Awaiting Product Release".

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I honestly might just give up soon and request a refund. I have two starters but that's all I've ever managed to get. Now I might not even get the box I preordered? Might be best to just cut out now and wait a year or two :(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
does anyone have a good eJango/eVeers list? I'd love to see it

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Stole this from a guy online and have been getting work done with it.

quote:

Artillery (Rainbow 4)

Villain
Command / Rogue / Force

Sets: Awakenings

BATTLEFIELD
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
Mos Eisley Spaceport, Tatooine (Awakenings #172)

CHARACTER
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
2x First Order Stormtrooper (Awakenings #2)
1x Nightsister (Awakenings #12)
1x Bala-Tik, Gang Leader (Awakenings #19)

UPGRADE
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
2x F-11D Rifle (Awakenings #8)
2x Holdout Blaster (Awakenings #63)

SUPPORT
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
2x AT-ST (Awakenings #5)
2x First Order TIE Fighter (Awakenings #6)
1x Speeder Bike Scout (Awakenings #18)
2x Black Market (Awakenings #64)
2x Drudge Work (Awakenings #76)
1x Power of the Dark Side (Awakenings #89)
2x Backup Muscle (Awakenings #99)
2x Underworld Connections (Awakenings #101)

EVENT
ŻŻŻŻŻ
2x Cannon Fodder (Awakenings #68)
2x Endless Ranks (Awakenings #70)
2x The Best Defense... (Awakenings #75)
2x He Doesn't Like You (Awakenings #97)
2x Firepower (Awakenings #140)
2x Flank (Awakenings #156)

Specifically metabreaking.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Deviant posted:

Stole this from a guy online and have been getting work done with it.

Specifically metabreaking.

So many mediocre support cards! I guess that's what you need in order to hold off and force Jango to activate on his own time.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

BJPaskoff posted:

So many mediocre support cards! I guess that's what you need in order to hold off and force Jango to activate on his own time.

They stop being mediocre when you lean hard on them. The characters do very little work in the deck.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

bowmore posted:

Jetpack, holdout blaster, iqa-11, dh-17, backup muscle, electroshock, probe, on the hunt, tactical mastery, and then basically whatever else you want

Try it, its dumb

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

bowmore posted:

http://swdestinydb.com/deck/view/122565

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Boardgamebliss has more boxes in stock: http://www.boardgamebliss.com/collections/feature-games/products/star-wars-destiny-awakenings-gravity-feed?variant=26635093441

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Everyone I show this game to learns almost all the rules within the first turn. It's astounding. Later in the game more nuanced things like characters only having three shields/upgrades comes up, but the base rules are sooo easily understandable.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

BJPaskoff posted:

Everyone I show this game to learns almost all the rules within the first turn. It's astounding. Later in the game more nuanced things like characters only having three shields/upgrades comes up, but the base rules are sooo easily understandable.

I still forget you can discard to reroll.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wrong thread sorry.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

Deviant posted:

I still forget you can discard to reroll.

Took me a while to remember you can overwrite upgrades for cheap, but I agree with the sentiment, I love how easy the game is to learn.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Thank you for this! With the free shipping if you buy 2 boxes, no taxes, and the current exchange rate from US > CAD this is a ridiculous deal. I may have to buy all my future product from this store.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea I bought 2 the day before and it came out to $86 a box, which is fantastic. They sent a shipping notice the day after as well.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

How many boxes do I buy before I become ashamed? I'm at 2.5 currently

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

With how things are at this point it's actually kind of crazy how reasonable buying sealed product is. I bought a single box with that restock on the 13th, and even with keeping the rares and legendary stuff I wanted alongside playsets of commons and uncommons, I was able to sell off the remainder and make exactly my money back. You will consistently open like double MSRP in value if not more. It's all dried up again, but if I chance across any boxes and boosters in the wild I'm absolutely going to buy all of it that I can right now.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Gumdrop Larry posted:

With how things are at this point it's actually kind of crazy how reasonable buying sealed product is. I bought a single box with that restock on the 13th, and even with keeping the rares and legendary stuff I wanted alongside playsets of commons and uncommons, I was able to sell off the remainder and make exactly my money back. You will consistently open like double MSRP in value if not more. It's all dried up again, but if I chance across any boxes and boosters in the wild I'm absolutely going to buy all of it that I can right now.

The last box I opened had a Darth Vader, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Jabba the Hutt, Commanding Presence and Kyle Rens Lightsaber. Just the Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker and Han Solo are worth more than what I paid. It's kind of dumb how expensive this stuff is getting. I could sell the other 33 cards from the box and it would all be considered profit (if sold together as a lot), with just the 3 cards I mentioned covering the cost of the box, fees and shipping.

Edit: Also, that Han Solo finally got me the 2nd one I needed to build eHan/eRey. Anyone got a good decklist?

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

I know I'm looking for 1 more crime lord, 1 Jabba and about 10 more rares just to bulk out some extra decks and the cost of that in singles is about the same as a box. I know I thought I'd be just at singles at this point but if prices stay the same and I saw a box I'd be tempted.