Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don't see Bendu kicking the bucket because I'm not sure Bendu physically exists at all.

I don't particularly see it as a death achieved through conventional means (like an orbital bombardment, or something) but rather something more innately-sacrificial and mystical like Ahsoka's apparent descent into the underworld.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the link, that was an interesting read. I also wonder if the Bendu has an actual physical form, or if he's more like the family from Mortis. Someone pointed out that Maul didn't acknowledge his presence, which seems weird.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TheKingofSprings posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dprfufVXR8k

Looks like that takes place after this one maybe?

Nice of her to complement Ezra as she's dissing Kanan.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

At least he's not using art to deduce his strategy all the time anymore? :shrug:

He only did it twice in three books (six books if you count the non-Heir books).

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

Why do we need naval bases, and air strips when we have aircraft carriers?

Because we're a world super power. Phoenix squadron isn't

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DancinBrud posted:

Thanks for the link, that was an interesting read. I also wonder if the Bendu has an actual physical form, or if he's more like the family from Mortis. Someone pointed out that Maul didn't acknowledge his presence, which seems weird.

Do we even know if Bendu is a name or like, the label for the part of the Force he represents, or a path like the Jedi or Sith?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I thought he was "The Bendu" for his species or whatever he is, and they just called him by Bendu.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

"Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and Bogan. The light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle. The Bendu."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, any Aussie SW goons here? Does them calling the dark side 'bogan' make you giggle?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Also, any Aussie SW goons here? Does them calling the dark side 'bogan' make you giggle?

Yes, every time.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

I dont know how you get from football hooligan to Dark Lord of the Sith but it feels right

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Never gets old. e: Football hooligan^ ?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Aw yeah bum us a deathstick, oval office.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So the early darksiders were Victoria Bitter drinkers?

I know too many Aussies to not know what a Bogan is.

Got to play the X-wing mini game the other day, really fun, and my friend who I was at has the Ghost, and it's really cool because everything's in scale so you can see how it relates to something like the Falcon or an X-wing. He said they make a Sabine Tie as well which is really cool.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

jng2058 posted:

I dunno, I tend to think that Rebels Thrawn is mostly spinning things after the fact. Chopper Base has, what, a handful of A-Wings and the Ghost? If you jumped in and blew the whole thing up (presuming the rebels don't pull a Hoth and escape) that's a blow, sure, but it doesn't end the rebellion. So now you just lost an Imperial class Star Destroyer (even if she's just damaged that's at the very least months of yard time, so that ship is out of action for the foreseeable future, and she might have been totally destroyed) and all you got out of it was the supposition that there's a rebel outpost on one of 94 planets? Yeah, you've narrowed it down, but that's an expensive way to do it.

I'd call that a setback, no matter how much Thrawn wants to call it a win.

Yeah, you really don't comprehend the breadth of a 'galactic' empire.

Thrawn takes the Rebellion seriously, not the outcome of very minor encounters.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

twistedmentat posted:

Got to play the X-wing mini game the other day, really fun, and my friend who I was at has the Ghost, and it's really cool because everything's in scale so you can see how it relates to something like the Falcon or an X-wing. He said they make a Sabine Tie as well which is really cool.

Ghost, Inquisitor's TIE, Shadow Caster, Mandalorian Protectorate Fighter, and Sabine's TIE from Rebels so far. Though, depending how you see it, the TIE Defender and YT-2400 as well.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

A bunch of the actors and other Lucasfilm people are really talking up tomorrow's episode. Sounds like we may get some darksaber history, and I'm excited to see how a Jedi will train someone without Force abilities.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DancinBrud posted:

A bunch of the actors and other Lucasfilm people are really talking up tomorrow's episode. Sounds like we may get some darksaber history, and I'm excited to see how a Jedi will train someone without Force abilities.

They do talk about it, it's done stylistically and I thought it looked pretty nice.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

TheBigBad posted:

Yeah, you really don't comprehend the breadth of a 'galactic' empire.

Thrawn takes the Rebellion seriously, not the outcome of very minor encounters.

How about Thrawns big "win" here being a bunch of assumptions? Sure he sent out a bunch of droids and one came back and blew up. It is likely Rebel related but could have been any one messing around with the droid. Some Jawas playing a joke? Maybe. Some pirate trying to throw the empire off? Happens all the time! Or just a malfunction after the droid got beat down by the local fauna. Thrawn just immediately went to "its rebels!" Because the story makes him right.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Burning_Monk posted:

How about Thrawns big "win" here being a bunch of assumptions? Sure he sent out a bunch of droids and one came back and blew up. It is likely Rebel related but could have been any one messing around with the droid. Some Jawas playing a joke? Maybe. Some pirate trying to throw the empire off? Happens all the time! Or just a malfunction after the droid got beat down by the local fauna. Thrawn just immediately went to "its rebels!" Because the story makes him right.

Nah, he's absolutely right. 94 planets to survey is easy, and meanwhile, the other infiltrators are still out there, and it's not like he needs to cancel any other ongoing search efforts; just go check those 94 planets specifically, right away.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Real good look at the live-action Chopper from Rogue One:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7AuVg8OL3A&t=73s

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

Anyone messing with an Imperial droid is some kind of rebel.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

teagone posted:

Real good look at the live-action Chopper from Rogue One:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7AuVg8OL3A&t=73s

Breaking kayfabe there about Chopper guys.

Pro-click though anyway. Brought up a few things I don't think I have seen mentioned elsewhere about Rogue One.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There is also the fact that to the Empire losing a Star Destroyer is probably less important then stubbing your toe to you. They have hundreds of thousands of them if not millions.

Rebels are a much more annoying thing to empire. Given that they are the ones who would wreck those Star Destroyers in the first place. The fact that Thrawn can narrow down the search for their base by a very large margin is a minor victory for him. Sure he would have liked it better if the Droid had just managed to report in or if the Star Destroyer had not been destroyed, but he is not going to be mad about his search being narrowed down.

From previews he plans on making his big move as devastating as he possibly can to the Rebel fleet as he is bring Interdictors into it so the Rebels can't run away.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
The people violently hating Thrawn are the same people who hate George for making Episode IV in the first place, and pass fake news articles around on Facebook.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Blowing up a star destroyer is one of the most damaging things this band of rebels has actually achieved though? I mean, other than sabotaging a factory, stealing poo poo and broadcasting some rebel propaganda, what have they really accomplished?

Wait, I guess they also blew up an interdictor.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Destroying a star destroyer is one of the most damaging things this band of rebels has actually achieved though? I mean, other than sabotaging a factory, stealing poo poo and broadcasting some rebel propaganda, what have they really accomplished?

Killed 4 inquisitors?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

TheKingofSprings posted:

Killed 4 inquisitors?

Is that really damaging to the empire though?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Is that really damaging to the empire though?

It is if you're an Inquisitor.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Death of a thousand cuts.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

One the one hand,they are probably difficult to replace. On the other,the ones they've fought so far have been Team Rocket-tier,so the Empire hasn't lost much of value.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VolticSurge posted:

One the one hand,they are probably difficult to replace. On the other,the ones they've fought so far have been Team Rocket-tier,so the Empire hasn't lost much of value.

The inquisitors are secretly a prank on the Emperor by Vader. "Yes, my master, my most elite warriors *snrk* are *heh* on the trail of the rebel Jedi"

Hence why he barely gave enough of a gently caress to chase them until Ahsoka got involved, because then someone who could actually fight was around.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The biggest thing they've done so far (in terms of damaging the empire) is inciting rebellion or unrest. They got that message out which kickstarted a few rebellious cells into working together.

Anyway, this latest episode (Trials of the Darksaber) is fantastic, it had some great imagery. Probably the most well written or thematic episode the show has done yet. Twilight of the Apprentice is still amazing, but it had some pacing issues or silly moments (inquisicopters) but this felt like a complete episode, how it should be. Sure, it has an old master type of cliche for media of this nature but they made it a tight episode. Tons of backstory for Sabine too, with more character development than the last two seasons. And based on the mid season preview that story will no doubt escalate later this season when she meets her clan again on Mandalore.

It was really good. Everything finally came together for the show, story, pacing, animation, music, they kicked a goal with this.

I wonder what Bendu said to Sabine, unless he was just observing

Edit: Also, Chopper confirmed as cat :kimchi:

drunkill fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 21, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Gaz-L posted:

The inquisitors are secretly a prank on the Emperor by Vader. "Yes, my master, my most elite warriors *snrk* are *heh* on the trail of the rebel Jedi"

Hence why he barely gave enough of a gently caress to chase them until Ahsoka got involved, because then someone who could actually fight was around.

So you're saying he trained them wrong on purpose as a joke? I can get behind that.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Really liking where they're taking Sabine. This last episode was great, by far my favorite of the season.

drunkill posted:

I wonder what Bendu said to Sabine, unless he was just observing

Edit: Also, Chopper confirmed as cat :kimchi:

Pretty sure Bendu was just being observant. And yeah, Chopper "purring" was great haha.

teagone fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 21, 2017

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yep, if anything, this episode makes it straight-up heinous that we have to wait an entire month for the next one; it's easily one of the best of the show's entire run.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cross-Section posted:

Yep, if anything, this episode makes it straight-up heinous that we have to wait an entire month for the next one; it's easily one of the best of the show's entire run.

I did not know this, and now I am upset. What the fuuuuuuuuuck.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yeeeeeeup :(

At the very least, it's a direct continuation of today's episode, and not filler.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

VolticSurge posted:

So you're saying he trained them wrong on purpose as a joke? I can get behind that.

Well, he didn't train all of them, the Grand Inquisitor was a former Jedi knight and temple guard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Huh, it seemed towards the end there that Sabine made one or two jumps that seemed remarkable for a non-force sensitive at then end when she was agitated. That, plus Kanan making comments about how her stat of mind is what makes her closed to the force makes me think that they're going with force sensitivity is not a binary thing any more, but more a state of mind. Now, I'm guessing they're not going to have Sabine also becoming a Jedi, but I like that they might allow for the possibility. If not for Sabine, than having the option out there in the universe.

Cross-Section posted:

WHAT!? We just got it back and it's going on hiatus again?! :argh:

• Locked thread