Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

So uh, is this

1) Trump will be a fascist dictator executing those he disagrees with?

2) The above, but also killing the upper class is good, so Trump is good?

Either way it seems like a strange opinion from Lester.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
What loving reality does Lester live in?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Vib Rib posted:

He's a mouthpiece, and a very obedient mouthpiece. He only vomits back what his moneyed masters tell him to.

But he's also a petty bigot, and as long as that doesn't clash with the interests of the above masters, he's free to indulge in it.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Thoughtless posted:

So uh, is this

I'm going with

3) The wall is riddled with bullet holes all over the place but no blood stains, which means that Trump's administration is too incompetent to hit the targets at point blank range.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

"That other party has no self-awareness!" shouts the political cartoonist who refuses to talk about his own party.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Thoughtless posted:

So uh, is this

Have you heard of a thing called a metaphor.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

achillesforever6 posted:

Meanwhile current Captain America writer is a spineless baby
https://twitter.com/nickspencer/status/822633341061054465

Nick Spencer is the guy who came up with Captain America: Agent of HYDRA. Although he's nominally a progressive, his big thing is torturing people into conformist opinions.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Johnny Walker posted:

Look at 'em all with their tongues out licking their lips and everything. This is JRRose's post-inauguration comment.

JRRose is too much of a caricature to hate.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Vib Rib posted:

The conservative reality where everything bad said about trump is fake news and he gave the government back to the people today.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the presidential inauguration – President Donald Trump has set out a bleak portrayal of a nation under siege, vowing to end ‘American carnage’ in an inaugural address that fired up his supporters but did little to ease the fears of American liberals or an anxious world"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Colin Campbell Cooper.

The I paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's nice to see an issue that unifies all the British cartoonists.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I don't know that I've seen that scene homaged in a political cartoon before. (Or if I did see it, it blurred into the mess of everything else in my brain.) Kinda like it.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

:effort:

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

This is the worst combination of smug and stupid.

"You support women's rights, but some women oppose you. Checkmate feminists." :smug:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

This is the worst combination of smug and stupid.

"You support women's rights, but some women oppose you. Checkmate feminists." :smug:

It's also an edit.

In news that is basically politooning: Roger Waters turned the Floyd Pig into Donald Trump and added Pigs (Three Different Ones) to the set list with pictures of Trump flanked by the Klan and naked with a micropenis. Now taking wagers on whether he'll be admitted to the US for his 2017 Us and Them tour.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Sign at the DC women's march:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Trump's #1 fan posted:

Trump’s speech was very encouraging. He reiterated a lot of the core content heard in his campaign speeches. America was still placed first and he wants to make it great again. He assured us all that the American people will not be ignored again. He’s a populist and nationalist president and that’s a good thing. Don’t let CNN convince you it’s not.

For too long we have endured a president who was bent on dividing and replacing America with the vision held by globalist elites. It’s very refreshing to have a president who tells it like it is. He knows the political elite have for too long reaped the rewards of big government while the American people became more impoverished. Unlike Hillary and the elite establishment, Trump listened. That’s why he’s president.

We have a new captain who wants to ‘right the ship.’ He’ll put our own interests first. Obama put the UN’s interests first. Trump wants to heal our division whereas Obama intentionally made it much worse in order to usher in more collectivism.

And so this is my latest cartoon. I’ve drawn a great many Trump cartoons and now I will move on to other subjects for awhile. This idea popped into my head while listening to Trump’s inauguration speech. I’m one of the few cartoonists (other than Branco) who drew pro-Trump cartoons. If he can close the borders and eliminate the ISIS terrorists, so much the better. However, I think the most important thing he can do is audit and then end the Federal Reserve and return the control and creation of money to We The People. That means returning money creation to Congress where it belongs. Do like Lincoln did—print greenbacks commensurate with production. It’s a good way to pay for all the infrastructure Trump wants to refurbish.

We will now see if ‘Captain Trump’ can right the ship of state. He may be our last, best hope.

—Ben Garrison

"climate change"

also Branco namedropped

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Trogdos! posted:

"climate change"

also Branco namedropped

Is there like a gas leak in his house, that he apparently never leaves, thats messing with his mind. Im worried its messing with his sense of reality.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
It feels like Garrison is actively trying to make these be AGC material.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
WINNING

...at what? Is international politics now a sport? Who's the referee (or judge if it's like figure skating) if the UN is the GLOBALIST JEW BAD GUY?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Trogdos! posted:

"climate change"

also Branco namedropped

Donald, his wife Melania, and their kid Damien

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Mister Olympus posted:

WINNING

...at what? Is international politics now a sport? Who's the referee (or judge if it's like figure skating) if the UN is the GLOBALIST JEW BAD GUY?

At everything. The USA will start winning so much that people will get tired of winning and want to lose once just for a change of pace.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mister Olympus posted:

WINNING

The other countries are winning which means we're losing. They made us losers. Trump is a winner and he'll make them the losers.
This is literally exactly how Trump voters think.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"Trump is a winner, if I vote for Trump I will be a winner." Replace winner with money and you got how Trump scammed people out of their education with Trump University.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Trump is going to make the entire world miserable, AGC.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Winning against the environment, mostly.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Thanks trump for saving us from the tyranny of freedom of travel.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Trump is going to make the entire world miserable, AGC.

maybe that's the plan, make the rest of the world such an unlivable hellhole that Trump's America looks good in comparison.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I think "I'm turning this ship around" is more accurate a promise from Trump than Garrison even realizes.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Zardoz Ben posted:

And so this is my latest cartoon. I’ve drawn a great many Trump cartoons and now I will move on to other subjects for awhile.

"Now that Trump will start actually governing and loving things up from the get go, I will conveniently ignore him in my tireless pursuit of crying fat chicks with blue hair.

Somebody misses Obama already.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Sandpuppy posted:

"Now that Trump will start actually governing and loving things up from the get go, I will conveniently ignore him in my tireless pursuit of crying fat chicks with blue hair.

This is probably the best "Thing is X? No, thing is Y" cartoons I've seen in a very long time.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

gently caress off and die.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

gently caress off and die.

I thought Payne had been critical of Trump or at least not a cheerleader? But I guess his hatred of women trumps (no pun intended) his dislike of Trump.

"So you say Trump is a misogynistic racist? Well, he's married to a foreign woman. Check mate, libs!" :smug:

Erenthal fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 21, 2017

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Emasculator posted:

This is probably the best "Thing is X? No, thing is Y" cartoons I've seen in a very long time.

It's the artwork that sells it, really.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

3 prickly cities in a row about being yelled at about an opinion not shared by the author. Here's hoping for number 4

The Copper Kaiser
Sep 6, 2010

I am a high-iq mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy that characterizes my species!
For once Adam4d is actually current, topical and keeps it short.

Still a oval office though.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Copper Kaiser posted:

For once Adam4d is actually current, topical and keeps it short.

Still a oval office though.

Are we supposed to disagree with the angry one? Because she is 100% correct?????

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Erenthal posted:

Are we supposed to disagree with the angry one? Because she is 100% correct?????

Yeah, some people don't get that "they claim to stand up for women but don't support women who voice anti-women positions" is not a particularly persuasive argument. It's like complaining that "'tolerant' liberals won't tolerate my intolerance".

Edit: I realize I worded that a bit poorly, so to clarify, I'm agreeing with the poster I quoted and saying that being anti-abortion is an entirely valid reason to be excluded from a pro-women thing.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Copper Kaiser
Sep 6, 2010

I am a high-iq mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy that characterizes my species!
Can't trust angry women now can we? Women who gets angry and raise their voices are, as we all know dumb and so goddamn crazy.

• Locked thread